ssratracer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ssratracer

To make it a flat top for pancakes/tortillas/eggs, use a cast iron pizza pan. Just make sure it fits under the lid to speed up the preheating. I use a 14" that I ground off the handles and use it on the GF and a little charcoal grill.

tankgirlwa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tankgirlwa
TurkishSteve wrote:I'm really tempted to get this, but I can't seem to find out if I can get a flat plate to go in it so I could cook up pancakes or omelettes, ect... I might end up buying it anyway, but It'd be a done deal if I could confirm that I could get a flat plate for it.

What about using a flat cast iron griddle on top of the grill for those items?

ryouko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ryouko

I bought one of these at the beginning of summer, and it works GREAT. Perfect for my little apartment patio up on the 3rd floor, lol. I've cooked burgers, steaks, fish, brats, etc on it and everything turns out yummy. Excellent deal!

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

George Forman site with manual.
http://www.georgeforemancooking.com/products/indoor-outdoor-grills/indoor-outdoor-grill-ggr50r.aspx

TonytheEE

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TonytheEE
stickmanftw wrote:Anyone know if this works in space?

It's electric, so the element should still heat up. If you have a decent amount of air for heat transfer from the element to the plate and air above the plate for convection, etc. then it should work, thermodynamically. I'd recommend a clamp in some sort of silicone flavor to keep the food on the grill.

Granted, I was fired from the Boxer-turned-food-cooker-endorser-space-program for my Lennox Lewis Lunar Lander debacle, but the physics are still sound.

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy
JordanOdneal wrote:Many newer vehicles are coming with power outlets in the rear hatch area (see 2013 Toyota 4Runner) to help enhance the tailgaters experience. Seems like a good idea to me

Not likely. You'll blow a fuse trying to run this thing, this thing pulls 1600 watts.

1600W = 133.33A at 12V. Your power outlet might be fused at a max of 50A (600W at 12V).

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

MWPollard

quality posts: 15 Private Messages MWPollard

It's also 14.55 amps at 110v, assuming no overhead for controls, since that 1600w is just heating power - it may be rated an even 15 amps including the controls. Since many residential circuits are only 15 amp, you'll have to be careful not to trip your house breaker.

Wow - I woot!ed so much my sig can't contain it all!

My page: http://www.MichaelPollard.org

fiberopticloser

quality posts: 8 Private Messages fiberopticloser

How does this drain?

That's a nice tnettenba.

vaxmaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaxmaster

I have not bought anything for about a year. When did WOOT buckle and start charging tax?? (and I can't even express my up set with acronyms like "W.T.F." without them censoring it. ARRRGGGGGGHHH WOOT is finally main stream. LMAO.)

=============================================
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until two days before the day after tomorrow.

noturbizniss

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noturbizniss

My wife bought this for me a few years ago when we had an apartment with no porch. Let me start off by saying that unless you are grilling meat without fat or veggies this is NOT AN INDOOR GRILL. It smoked up so much our smoke alarm went off and we had to open all the windows in the dead of winter.
Secondly, as another commenter wrote the food tastes nothing like a real grill - it tastes just like any other foreman. The only advantage of this is more surface area and perhaps you may
"feel" like you are grilling, however, given my first complaint, this can only be used outdoors, so you may as well get a small gas grill.
Thirdly, it is a pain in the neck to clean as it barely fits in the sink.

noturbizniss

quality posts: 2 Private Messages noturbizniss
fiberopticloser wrote:How does this drain?

One of the pictures shows the grill with the grill plate removed and a little metal bowl in the center that catches the fats that drain through a corner of the grill plate.

mrmarchuk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrmarchuk

Nice, I no longer have to worry about burning my foot in the morning (The Office reference ;] )

downing9790

quality posts: 1 Private Messages downing9790

I have had this one for over 3 years, got rid of the George Foreman and went to this. It supposed to be indoor, but have it on a TV tray on the back patio and works great.
I going to buy another one for a backup, as it is rather hard to find, as most things are.

Hamilton Beach Set and Forget It Grill

nunyadamnbizness

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nunyadamnbizness

Bought one of these at Costco for $45 2 years ago. Works fantastic. Use it quite frequently..

downing9790

vaxmaster wrote:I have not bought anything for about a year. When did WOOT buckle and start charging tax?? (and I can't even express my up set with acronyms like "W.T.F." without them censoring it. ARRRGGGGGGHHH WOOT is finally main stream. LMAO.)

downing9790

vaxmaster wrote:I have not bought anything for about a year. When did WOOT buckle and start charging tax?? (and I can't even express my up set with acronyms like "W.T.F." without them censoring it. ARRRGGGGGGHHH WOOT is finally main stream. LMAO.)

Woot = Amazon, no 2 for Tuesday or even a Bag of C R A P anymore. Notice the spacing, it came our Cauldron and Broomsticks..LOL

gspme

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gspme

I have one of these in my mouth,........yo

Popular EXCLAMATIONS!:

"For the Love of Ninja!"

"I just brushed my teeth with Nair!!"

"Jesus Christ and Justin Beiber!!!"

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

1. blame your state for the tax thing. that wudn't us.
sowwy. :c

2. if you had to read those acronyms as often as we do, you'd probably pervert them to your whims, too!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

biggieruss

quality posts: 1 Private Messages biggieruss

I had this grill. If you plan on cooking steaks on it, you should pass. It doesn't drain that well, so the steaks cook in its own juices, so more of a boiled taste.

jwight12345

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwight12345

This is my second George Foreman GGR50 Indoor/Outdoor. I live in a condo and it works perfect on the screened in porch. I'm able to achieve the nice grill marks on my steaks and get a decent smoke flavor. It won't beat charcoal by any means but I give the product high marks for grilling surface area, convenience, ease of use and clean-up.

vaxmaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vaxmaster
PemberDucky wrote:1. blame your state for the tax thing. that wudn't us.
sowwy. :c

2. if you had to read those acronyms as often as we do, you'd probably pervert them to your whims, too!

Yea, I hear ya, but you guys used to be the rebels, damnit!! Buying from woot used to be like buying in the street, from the guy in the alley "P'sst, hey wanna buy a watch, cheap??? The box may be beat up but the watch works. It fell off of a truck." That was half the fun. Charging tax, and new boxes and censoring. Now you are Amozon. I may as well go to best buy or buy.com!!! Where's the Horror? (Oh I mean W. T. F? lol). C'mon get your edge back!!!!

=============================================
Never put off until tomorrow what you can put off until two days before the day after tomorrow.

onefastwienerdog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages onefastwienerdog

I got one that looks like this but has a amp/speaker in the base to hook your mp3 player up to. Grills nice, drains the grease off nice and is easy to clean, I had it for 4 years now, No chipping or grease build up, And it ROCKS on the patio with the speaker/amp in the base hooked up to my laptop, Youtube by the firepit and grill is hard to beat ;^)>>
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000N33D08/fashihit-20

Random crap #1 11-28-09-Nice
Random crap #2 08-20-10-Sucked

Zibby

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Zibby
MikeWeiner wrote:it gets me around the "no fires on the balcony" of my apartment rule

I got an earlier version years ago for the same reason, gas and charcoal grills not allowed. In that case, this is an acceptable substitute, but if you can use a gas or charcoal grill you'll be much happier with those options.

Even at the highest setting my "Big George" doesn't get hot enough, so thick cuts of meat tend to dry out before they reach proper temperatures, but it will still produce better results than no grill at all!

dano4898

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dano4898
mikeq wrote:Are the washable parts dishwasher safe? I read the manual but it didn't say.

You would need a huge dishwasher for the grilling surface but the catch pan is definitely able to go into the dishwasher

jliss10149

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jliss10149

Returning the unopened one I just bought at Bed Bath and Beyond. Even with the coupon it was $80. This is a deal. Woot!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

jliss10149 wrote:Returning the unopened one I just bought at Bed Bath and Beyond. Even with the coupon it was $80. This is a deal. Woot!

nice!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

TurkishSteve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurkishSteve
tigerfish313 wrote:I've looked around, but there doesn't seem to be one that's George Foreman brand that would fit this grill. There may be a different brand that would work, but I'm not sure.

OK, thanks!

TurkishSteve

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TurkishSteve
tankgirlwa wrote:What about using a flat cast iron griddle on top of the grill for those items?

That's definitely an interesting idea! Don't know how that would work...

rdrr7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rdrr7

Grill? Please!

It's a frying pan on a stick

kevin038

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin038

Does this have a temp guage so you can cook at a certain temperature?

whynotus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages whynotus
kevin038 wrote:Does this have a temp guage so you can cook at a certain temperature?

"Variable temperature control allows you to adjust the cooking temperature to perfectly suit the foods you grill for phenomenal results every time"

Right from the product specs...

2012nickv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2012nickv

I'm new here just joined today.

I'm interested in this grill, if I purchase through paypal, how long does it take woot to charge me? and approx how long does woot take to ship items?

lastly, if i order more than 1 thing, will it all be shipped together or separately?

thank you very much if someone answers.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

2012nickv wrote:I'm new here just joined today.

I'm interested in this grill, if I purchase through paypal, how long does it take woot to charge me? and approx how long does woot take to ship items?

lastly, if i order more than 1 thing, will it all be shipped together or separately?

thank you very much if someone answers.

Welcome to Woot!
Thanks for the questions; most of them can be answered in our Woot FAQ.

#1: To the best of my knowledge, PayPal should be instantly transferred.
#2: Depending on which type of delivery you choose should change the speed the order; 2-day and 1-day shipping are as stated, "Standard Shipping" usually takes 5 business days although sometimes it can be faster.
#3: Unlike a typical online retail store, we ship our items as the orders come so each item will ship separately. We don't have a cart or a way to gather up your orders before shipping. If you order more than one of the same item, they often ship together. However, large items like this grill will usually ship in separate boxes.

Hope these answers were helpful

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

mrbrightside

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrbrightside

Since I joined in 2005, as far as I remember, the tracking number came in the shipping confirmation email. Now, some crazy how, I have to log in and view my account after receiving the email to find it. Why?

jiggersgreen

quality posts: 36 Private Messages jiggersgreen

Well....First try was a complete disaster. Wound up with stewed rib eye's. Started with room temp steak blotted dry.I used a dry rub, preheated 20 min.@ temp. setting of 5 as recommended in manual. Any hints on how to improve would be greatly appreciated.