teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6

To save poor ThunderThighs a lot of cleaning up of the product thread, please come complain about the Woot-off here.

Ill start.

Why no Monkey? I can deal with the no Bucket of Candy because they havent been exactly golden the past few months, but this time I actually planned to buy a money, and didnt get the opportunity.

Why Woot?

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

teenracer6 wrote:To save poor ThunderThighs a lot of cleaning up of the product thread, please come complain about the Woot-off here.

Ill start.

Why no Monkey? I can deal with the no Bucket of Candy because they havent been exactly golden the past few months, but this time I actually planned to buy a money, and didnt get the opportunity.

Why Woot?

There's actually a fairly long lead time on good monkeys in the quantities we need.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

teenracer6

quality posts: 59 Private Messages teenracer6
ThunderThighs wrote:There's actually a fairly long lead time on good monkeys in the quantities we need.

Makes sense. Thanks for the explination. Ill just keep my eye out for the nexzt round.

ashliz8806 wrote:Going to a Wizards game and being disappointed is like going swimming and getting wet...If you didn't expect it, I'm not sure I trust your judgment.

pjoeltyler

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pjoeltyler

I guess there is something in ToS about posting complaints in product threads?

No notification, no "your post has been moved", just gone into the abyss...

Moueska

All I'm saying is:

Zombies, man.

Zombies.

Was that really so hard to ask for, as far as offbeat craziness goes?

SolaraGuy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SolaraGuy

I usually just check Woot on occasion but figured since I was off work this week that I could spend some time watching for a Bucket of Candy I was quickly reminded that my time is more valuable and that this would be my last Woot-Off session.

It was still fun since I hadn't done it in forever, and I bought a couple of things, but I guess my expectations were that a finale finish should have been there. It's something we know and love and keeps complaints down (such as this one). It doesn't even have to be elaborate stuff, or lots of stuff, at least give us the sense that it was listed and we missed it (have 5 available or something).

I'll continue to visit here and there but as far as waiting for monkeys, Bucket of Candy or seeing what's last, I'll leave that up to the rest.

At least I was able to experience 1 Bucket of Candy from 6 1/2 years ago nothing special... a calendar, pens, bag, universal charger, etc. but nice to have a mystery box arrive.

Night fellow Wooters

ThunderThighs

Staff

pjoeltyler wrote:I guess there is something in ToS about posting complaints in product threads?

We've always modded the post-woot-off threads the same as any other daily sale thread. We like the comments to focus on the product so people can find the information without sifting through other non-product comments.

This is a good place to comment on the woot-off as it won't sink away as easily as a product thread will the day after the sale.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

greyham28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greyham28
ThunderThighs wrote:We've always modded the post-woot-off threads the same as any other daily sale thread. We like the comments to focus on the product so people can find the information without sifting through other non-product comments.

Makes complete sense. Can you not just transfer the inappropriate posts to this thread? Instead of deleting them? I'm curious what others said.

ThunderThighs

Staff

greyham28 wrote:Makes complete sense. Can you not just transfer the inappropriate posts to this thread? Instead of deleting them? I'm curious what others said.

No, we don't have that ability. We've asked for it but alas, not yet.

FORUM MODERATOR

TechDiva

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TechDiva
pjoeltyler wrote:I guess there is something in ToS about posting complaints in product threads?

Hey. I remember you from the last product thread. Welcome to the abyss. This is a place that poltergeists would never check so I guess it is the Amazon containment area.

chezteladog

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chezteladog

I was really hoping the Breville oven came up in the woot off. Ended up buying a whole bunch of other junk I don't really need waiting for it. Just as well I suppose considering the amount of complaints about doa units arriving. Maybe I'll pick one up at Bed bath and beyond with a 20% off coupon..hmmm.

ThunderThighs

Staff

chezteladog wrote:I was really hoping the Breville oven came up in the woot off. Ended up buying a whole bunch of other junk I don't really need waiting for it. Just as well I suppose considering the amount of complaints about doa units arriving. Maybe I'll pick one up at Bed bath and beyond with a 20% off coupon..hmmm.

That sold out that day unfortunately. Sorry.

FORUM MODERATOR

bfg9000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bfg9000

Really? Woot and TT?

2 in row with no Crap? Or it is just obfuscated? Where is my my woot of days gone by....

ThunderThighs wrote:No, we don't have that ability. We've asked for it but alas, not yet.

Moueska

bfg9000 wrote:Really? Woot and TT?

2 in row with no Crap? Or it is just obfuscated? Where is my my woot of days gone by....

Begging TT will not make the bags appear after the woot-off any sooner than if it were during the woot-off.

Also, they've been giving the Bucket of Candy items away on facebook via e-mail pings for the last week, so I can't fuss about it.

icthulhu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages icthulhu

Nine woot sites. Each has a Woot Plus thing with a bunch of other gear, so it's like a catalog dumps on you every night. Less quirky stuff. Fewer screamin' deals. Sales tax.

I wonder how Matt's doin'....

ThunderThighs

Staff

icthulhu wrote:Nine woot sites. Each has a Woot Plus thing with a bunch of other gear, so it's like a catalog dumps on you every night. Less quirky stuff. Fewer screamin' deals. Sales tax.

I wonder how Matt's doin'....

Ok, you can blame us for everything BUT the tax. You gotta point your finger at your state for that one.

FORUM MODERATOR

cappo

quality posts: 35 Private Messages cappo
ThunderThighs wrote:There's actually a fairly long lead time on good monkeys in the quantities we need.

Tell them to order AWESOME monkeys to make up for this.

rjheg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjheg

I just dont understand how there was no Bucket of Candy in a woot-off that is celebrating a holiday where we literally fill buckets with candy.

evb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages evb

I am actually relieved not to have had to battle for buckets these past couple of woot offs. This latest incarnation of the woot sites is a miserable, jumbled up quagmire to muck through when using my tablet or phone. Things were much easier when each site was on one page and featured one item.

kevin0425

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevin0425

A few things:

1. This topic should not be called "The annual woot off complaint thread" as it implies there's only on woot off every year (really, there's like one a month it seems). It really should be called "The required woot-off complaint thread" since almost everyone has something to gripe about when woot-offs occur.

2. This was another disappointing woot-off: no monkeys, no leakfrogs, no buckets of candy, and some mediocre deals at times (such as the 16GB Kingston DDR3 memory that was the same price at TigerDirect and was cheaper when including shipping and tax).

3. I'm also a long-time wooter, and the website changes not withstanding, I'm becoming more disillusioned like a lot of you. Considering how dead the forum threads have been and how this one is progressing, I don't know woot...

acmetech

quality posts: 4 Private Messages acmetech

I think woot's new purpose in life is to funnel eyeballs into amazon. Free enterprise system, moving on. It was a nice, uniquely american party while it lasted.

Next!

brows141

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brows141

Don't mean to kill the messenger, but a long lead time? Really!? C'mon Amazon you can do better than that. If you regulate the amount of monkeys offered per woot off you can surely foresee the amount needed to order and accommodate for the lead time. Monkeys do not expire break or go bad so their is really no reason not to stock them in advance.
Woot Off's have been getting progressively worse since the take over, seriously. There were nights where I would stay up all night waiting to try and get that B_0_C and a monkey. What other site can say that they have that kind of following? Amazon needs to rethink their strategy if they want to keep their customers. Wootalyzer has been removed from 2 of my 3 pc's and is soon to be gone entirely.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mdrcoast

Bag's of Candy? Fun but won't miss em as much as monkeys. Stayed up late for monkeys for the last two woot offs only to be let down.

Everybody could get monkey's, that is why they were so much fun. At least my wife will be happy. She hates em. Now to drag my tired butt to work.

statchmoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages statchmoe

The corporate take over has succeeded! ...in making Woot suck... unfortunate but true...

richmondhokie

quality posts: 2 Private Messages richmondhokie
kevin0425 wrote:A few things:

1. This topic should not be called "The annual woot off complaint thread" as it implies there's only on woot off every year (really, there's like one a minth it seems). It really should be called "The required woot-off complaint thread" since almost everyone has something to gripe about when woot-offs occur.

2. This was another disappointing woot-off: no monkeys, no leakfrogs, no buckets of candy, and some mediocre deals at times (such as the 16GB Kingston DDR3 memory that was the same price at TigerDirect and was cheaper when including shipping and tax).

3. I'm also a long-time wooter, and the website changes not withstanding, I'm becoming more disillusioned like a lot of you. Considering how dead the forum threads have been and how this one is progressing, I don't know woot...

SO, I only looked at one item this entire woot-off - I just happened to have my laptop open when some wine flutes came on and I received the txt message that a new item was up and my wife wanted to look - so I obliged her.

Today - I decided to scroll thru everything to see if I was sorry that I did not participate in this latest woot-off.

Apparently I did not miss much and judging from the number of comments on most items - neither did anyone else.

If comments (or the lack thereof) is any indication of the lack of enthusiasm on woot-offs anymore- then woot is failing in their new model (don't kid yourself - you are failing), or they just don't care about woot-offs anymore (again a major fail)

Dozens of products - have one or 2 posts. I can maybe count on one hand the number of products that went more than 1 page of comments - with the top item being a several hundred dollar camera that got 60 - really - 60 - that is it?

I decided to randomly go back in time to look at a woot-off from 2009 - In November of 2009 - the trend was exactly opposite - most items had multiple pages of comments - well over the highest of this woot-off - some even approaching 300 comments.

To further support my theory on the declining enthusiasm on woot-offs. I went even further back in time - to April of 2007 and many of the items have double digit PAGES of posts - some items over 2000 posts alone.

Come on - if the Delphi USB 2.0 Lighted Cable - 4-Pack got over a thousand comments - we liked being there and would talk all day with other wooters thru the forums.....BTW - I bought some of these back then and loved them.....but alas - those were the good ol' days.....

TAKE A HINT WOOT - WE DON'T LIKE YOU THIS WAY!!!!!!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

i'm glad this thread exists.
thank you for keeping it (mostly) constructive.
i was a member of this community first and an employee second. i understand the sentiments expressed here.
keep the feedback coming (but keep it useful, too).

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

lichme

quality posts: 3120 Private Messages lichme

Needz more Cat & Ducky Games

j647

quality posts: 1 Private Messages j647
ThunderThighs wrote:No, we don't have that ability. We've asked for it but alas, not yet.

cut and paste?

olcubmaster

quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
j647 wrote:cut and paste?

That would involved the staff using sharp implements...and they seem to be the types that run with reckless abandon while holding pointy objects...

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
olcubmaster wrote:That would involved the staff using sharp implements...and they seem to be the types that run with reckless abandon while holding pointy objects...

Hey that was a LONG TIME AGO.

I'm just hanging out, really.

Moueska

kevin0425 wrote:1. This topic should not be called "The annual woot off complaint thread" as it implies there's only on woot off every year (really, there's like one a minth it seems). It really should be called "The required woot-off complaint thread" since almost everyone has something to gripe about when woot-offs occur.

Really? I thought it was kind of clever for the original poster to designate the thread as the complaint repository for an entire year, and then we can start a new one next year during the October Woot-off.

LET'S SEE IF WE CAN GET THIS BABY TO 99+ PAGES, PPL!

popojijo35

quality posts: 2 Private Messages popojijo35
ThunderThighs wrote:We've always modded the post-woot-off threads the same as any other daily sale thread. We like the comments to focus on the product so people can find the information without sifting through other non-product comments.

This is a good place to comment on the woot-off as it won't sink away as easily as a product thread will the day after the sale.

I liked it alot more when there was avid discussion whether it was product related or not going on. It kept you interested in the woot off and gave you something to do while you waited for the next item to come up. If you needed information on the product you could just look at the quality posts. If the info you needed wasn't there you could just post your question and with so many people actively reading/posting you would get your answer almost immediately. Now the community section during a woot off is basically dead. I think over moderation has been a real detriment nothing personal against the moderators as they do a fine job, it is the policies they are enforcing that I think are the issue. To bring back the community I think we need to not rely on silly videos (which I do like)but on less moderation leaving it to remove offensive post. While I know there are other places such as here for discussion I don't think that is really working. Looking back at old woot off discussion posts how many of those would be removed? I know they are what kept me going during woot offs.
That and the talk of WHEN they thought the Bucket of Candy was going to show up.

ThunderThighs

Staff

popojijo35 wrote:I liked it alot more when there was avid discussion whether it was product related or not going on. It kept you interested in the woot off and gave you something to do while you waited for the next item to come up. If you needed information on the product you could just look at the quality posts. If the info you needed wasn't there you could just post your question and with so many people actively reading/posting you would get your answer almost immediately. Now the community section during a woot off is basically dead. I think over moderation has been a real detriment nothing personal against the moderators as they do a fine job, it is the policies they are enforcing that I think are the issue. To bring back the community I think we need to not rely on silly videos (which I do like)but on less moderation leaving it to remove offensive post. While I know there are other places such as here for discussion I don't think that is really working. Looking back at old woot off discussion posts how many of those would be removed? I know they are what kept me going during woot offs.
That and the talk of WHEN they thought the Bucket of Candy was going to show up.

Perhaps you misread my post. I was talking about moderation of product threads when we're not in woot-off mode.

When we're in a woot-off, we tend to sit back and let the comments roll. We only delete inappropriate pictures and language.

This last woot-off was strangely dead in the threads. It wasn't due to moderation though.

FORUM MODERATOR

popojijo35

quality posts: 2 Private Messages popojijo35
ThunderThighs wrote:Perhaps you misread my post. I was talking about moderation of product threads when we're not in woot-off mode.

When we're in a woot-off, we tend to sit back and let the comments roll. We only delete inappropriate pictures and language.

This last woot-off was strangely dead in the threads. It wasn't due to moderation though.

Yup you're right I did misread the post and I'm glad that is the policy, and I apologize for any useless misinformation I have now put into any unsuspecting readers minds. It does make me a sad panda that the forums were so quiet ( I am normally a lurker as I like to read more then type so I guess it's people like me that are part of that problem). I still would like to see a Bucket of Candy every woot off though it really adds to the excitement particularly if at least one of the Bucket of Candy#39;s is spectacularly noteworthy (is not just thinking about monetary value but like the time someone got pallets of cheap toy soldiers if I remember correctly). I forgot to add I think it would be great if more of them contained just complete junk, take whatever is in your trash in the warehouse and divy it up (even do a whole set where every Bucket of Candy but one was complete rubbish) I think it would be funny (I might be the only one though) and spice things up.

PemberDucky

Staff

Moueska wrote:

LET'S SEE IF WE CAN GET THIS BABY TO 99+ PAGES, PPL!

BRING BACK THE PURPLE! oh wait.

hale1d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hale1d

Scanned this entire thread, but I I can't seam to find a straight answer... So here goes.

Are there going to be Bucket of Candy in future Woot-offs or not? I believe it has been at least 3 and maybe 4 since there was one. And as a side note the quality of the Bucket of Candy is not what it use to be.

PemberDucky wrote:i'm glad this thread exists.
thank you for keeping it (mostly) constructive.
i was a member of this community first and an employee second. i understand the sentiments expressed here.
keep the feedback coming (but keep it useful, too).

sjyokel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sjyokel

I have to agree with a lot of the constructive posts in this thread. Woot: you're self-destructing.

I'm a business professor and use the site as an example in a larger case study. We used to talk about how the grass-roots movement can generate thousands of loyal customers willing to give up hours of sleep in anticipation of receiving a box of leftover warehouse scrap...that customers willingly paid for.

Now, we talk about the dangers of merging corporate strategies and how often the little guys lose identity. This semester, feedback from the students included things like:

- Wondering when Woot.com will be cast off from Amazon since it lost the look/feel people loved about it

- Several comments that it's become another Amazon.com storefront

- Many questions about what Amazon was hoping for when acquiring Woot since the changes have taken away what so many people loved about the site.

- Proposal that staggered Woot-offs on the various sites might help rekindle interest

- More than anything...return to what got people excited: Bucket of Candy in Woot-offs, weird quirky things like Leak Frogs and annoyingly cute monkeys, and some really good values on refurb / old new stock items.

I hope things get back on track. I've personally gone from a daily follower to 1 - 2 times a week checking in. Even then, I don't ever feel like I've missed much.

PemberDucky

Staff

sjyokel wrote:I have to agree with a lot of the constructive posts in this thread. Woot: you're self-destructing.

I'm a business professor and use the site as an example in a larger case study. We used to talk about how the grass-roots movement can generate thousands of loyal customers willing to give up hours of sleep in anticipation of receiving a box of leftover warehouse scrap...that customers willingly paid for.

Now, we talk about the dangers of merging corporate strategies and how often the little guys lose identity. This semester, feedback from the students included things like:

- Wondering when Woot.com will be cast off from Amazon since it lost the look/feel people loved about it

- Several comments that it's become another Amazon.com storefront

- Many questions about what Amazon was hoping for when acquiring Woot since the changes have taken away what so many people loved about the site.

- Proposal that staggered Woot-offs on the various sites might help rekindle interest

- More than anything...return to what got people excited: Bucket of Candy in Woot-offs, weird quirky things like Leak Frogs and annoyingly cute monkeys, and some really good values on refurb / old new stock items.

I hope things get back on track. I've personally gone from a daily follower to 1 - 2 times a week checking in. Even then, I don't ever feel like I've missed much.

PM for you, prof.

hale1d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hale1d

Well Staff?? I am still waiting for a direct answer.

Really, if you are not going to have Bring Our Candidates anymore you should just put it out there. This waiting is just irritating and alienating your loyal customers...

hale1d wrote:Scanned this entire thread, but I I can't seam to find a straight answer... So here goes.

Are there going to be Bring Our Candidates in future Woot-offs or not? I believe it has been at least 3 and maybe 4 since there was one. And as a side note the quality of the Bring Our Candidates is not what it use to be.