2%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung 3D Blu-ray Player with Apps
$69.99 + $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Supersox

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Supersox

And to think that this little guy killed Steve Irwin. Wait...that was a Sting Ray, not a Blu-ray...crikey, mate!

hippie19

quality posts: 23 Private Messages hippie19

So does this take a special TV or will it generate the 3d for any output?

ch3fdan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ch3fdan

Was going to buy a game console for cheap for my tv so I could use pandora/netflix all the good stuff. Would this thing be worth it for all the apps alone, I'm not going to use it for blurays. Basically to turn my tv into an internet tv.

computermd82

quality posts: 32 Private Messages computermd82

Good reviews on Samsung's site: http://www.samsung.com/us/video/blu-ray-dvd/BD-E5900/ZA-reviews Great price too, this is $129+ at most places new and Woot's price even beat's Best Buy's refurb price by $10.

I'd like to pull the trigger, but the Region 3 / PAL is bothering me too. I hope it's a typo.

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

Guybrush01

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Guybrush01

This is the same model I bought for my grandmother a few months back... it works great as long as you are careful how you encode videos you want to watch. Also, if you want to use subs, you can't use MKV. You'll need the .srt file and whatever non MKV video file.

eVil

quality posts: 6 Private Messages eVil

m'kay.. let's try this again..

http://www.dvdfab.com/cinavia.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinavia

Mostly applies to Sony Pictures movies as far as I know. Even if your player isn't on the internet, it'll still kick in the copy protection on some legally ripped/burned discs even though you may own the original.

eVil, not Evil.

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
computermd82 wrote:Good reviews on Samsung's site

...and VERY mixed reviews on Amazon. Maybe the "refurbing" fixed the issues some reviews mentioned.

macmanchad

quality posts: 0 Private Messages macmanchad

Whenever I see Woot customer care commenting in the forums, I always envision a unicorn prancing down a rainbow from the heavens above...

outer78

quality posts: 13 Private Messages outer78

On a side question other than the region.

Will this bad boy play .avi's and .MKV's from a USB drive?

theant

quality posts: 7 Private Messages theant
macmanchad wrote:Whenever I see Woot customer care commenting in the forums, I always envision a unicorn prancing down a rainbow from the heavens above...

Rainbow Brite anyone?

Beginning of Rainbow Land

marshallram

quality posts: 4 Private Messages marshallram

I bought one of these for work. We needed something that would play a photo slideshow from a flash drive. The photo player sucks. You have two options, photos the size of a post card or if you Zoom once, it zooms way in. The bluray player would freeze all the time or lag when trying to play a disc. Sometimes it would take several minutes to eject. Took it back to BestBuy and they were like "here comes another one back..."

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU
macmanchad wrote:Whenever I see Woot customer care commenting in the forums, I always envision a unicorn prancing down a rainbow from the heavens above...

oh fine, this is what happens when I get distracted from work. One more:

I hope the specs come in, but I can't wait any longer to peek in. Good night.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

IMPORTANT

Ok, we somehow grabbed the European specs instead of the US specs. We're working to get the specs updated but it's gonna take a bit.

In the meantime, here's the link to the correct specs:

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/blu-ray-dvd/BD-E5900/ZA-specs

We're sorry for the confusion. If you would like to cancel your order, contact Customer service. To contact customer service, click on Support at the top of every page to go to the support form or email support@woot.com. Include your order number for faster service. They will try to answer in one to two business days.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

whitefacedsimony

quality posts: 3 Private Messages whitefacedsimony

This was posted on the item description on Amazon.com.

*Full 3D experience requires 3D-native content, 3D TV, and 3D active glasses.

novastarj

quality posts: 31 Private Messages novastarj
ThunderThighs wrote:
IMPORTANT

Ok, we somehow grabbed the European specs instead of the US specs. We're working to get the specs updated but it's gonna take a bit.

We're sorry for the confusion. If you would like to cancel your order, contact Customer service. To contact customer service, click on Support at the top of every page to go to the support form or email support@woot.com. Include your order number for faster service. They will try to answer in one to two business days.

Thanks TT. Just for the sake of certainty, that link doesn't include the region. I assume since those are the US specs, this is indeed region 1...?

justmejoseph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justmejoseph

Your new spec link doesn't actually say the region it's for, but you are saying for sure it's for US and not Region 3/aussie?

ThunderThighs

Staff

justmejoseph wrote:Your new spec link doesn't actually say the region it's for, but you are saying for sure it's for US and not Region 3/aussie?
novastarj wrote:Thanks TT. Just for the sake of certainty, that link doesn't include the region. I assume since those are the US specs, this is indeed region 1...?

Exactly. US, Region 1.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

justmejoseph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justmejoseph

Thanks! You're wonderful. As is this product it seems.

mckeerd

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mckeerd

Buy this or wait till black friday?

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Specs are updated

FORUM MODERATOR

computermd82

quality posts: 32 Private Messages computermd82
ThunderThighs wrote:
IMPORTANT

Thank you TT.

In for one!

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

Crotts21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Crotts21
hippie19 wrote:So does this take a special TV or will it generate the 3d for any output?

This $69 wonder will not make your 27" console television magically generate 3 Dimensional Images.

ShaunWoots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShaunWoots

For $69 + $5... I guess I'll take a chance.
I hope it plays my DVDs!
If not, I'm keeping my LG and gifting this to my father.

XD

JoeCool1701

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JoeCool1701

Is this the line for the apps?

:-)

uniqke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uniqke

Wow I can't believe this, I just bought the E5700 model during the last woot off!! Woot, you're killin' me... =(

Alaric

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Alaric

the features specify that you need an active 3D and active glasses. this is untrue it works perfectly fine with passive systems. samsung only makes active tv so they try to mislead people away from passive.

simssj

quality posts: 3 Private Messages simssj

I dunno.... Samsung just dorked me on a warranty issue am I'm out pocket hundreds of dollars to repair my Samsung TV.

Considering Samsung's not-optimal customer care, and the reviews on Amazon, I think I'm passing on this,

Venardhi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Venardhi

This or wait for the next Roku offer?

mdrcoast

quality posts: 16 Private Messages mdrcoast

No optical output for sound? Only Coaxial Digital Output? Have to really think about that one.

cubbiemi

quality posts: 40 Private Messages cubbiemi
StanleyS wrote:...and VERY mixed reviews on Amazon. Maybe the "refurbing" fixed the issues some reviews mentioned.

I noticed much of the anger on the Amazon reviews seemed centered on it not having WIFI but being WIFI ready and people paying $50 for a special dongle to make it work or then being told it only worked as wired.

DigMe

quality posts: 23 Private Messages DigMe

No Amazon VOD is a deal-killer for me.

dgauthier54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgauthier54

A Consumer Reports Best Buy among 3D players. Rating of 75, second only to an LG model that scored 77.

jimmyd103

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jimmyd103
mckeerd wrote:Buy this or wait till black friday?

That it's my question too. I would say given the state of the economy and taking into consideration the mixed reviews there are better deals to be had on black Friday or closer to Christmas. I think retailers are going to be desperate to unload overstock this year.

stewy0327

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stewy0327

Here is one if you don't need 3D

http://mobile.dailysteals.com/

jimmyjo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimmyjo
ch3fdan wrote:Would this thing be worth it for all the apps alone, I'm not going to use it for blurays. Basically to turn my tv into an internet tv.

I've owned this model for several months and the streaming movie apps (Vudu and Netflix) are laid out really well. Suspiciously missing from that list is Amazon's instant streaming app, but then my primary blu-ray player lacks Blockbuster, which this one has.

It has pretty full access to the internet, but it is slow and clunky. A caveat: there is only 1 USB port. If you use the USB port for your wireless mouse/keyboard to surf the net more efficiently, you'll have to unplug any USB hard drive you have connected directly to the player.

While we are on the subject of connecting peripherals to it, the manner that it connects to your home network (in case you want to access movie files on your computer) is clunky too. It wants to look for the computer's hard drive, not a peripheral USB hard drive connected to the computer. Which is a bummer for me since my films are not on the internal hard drive (see previous paragraph).

Finally, if you *do* use it as a blu-ray player and access BD-Live features, they can take up a lot of space on the player's internal hard drive, as do the apps. Since it has no SD card slot, you can't store those files on an SD card. You could use a USB stick, I suppose, for added space, but that would mean unplugging your portable hard drive or your mouse/keyboard, which brings us back to doe- a deer, a female deer...

My suggestion is to just connect your computer's RGB cable (video) and line out (audio) to your TV, if possible. I can set my laptop on my dresser next to the TV, connect using a sweet 2-in-1 cable from Monoprice and *whammo!* I can play Bejeweled Blitz from bed.

Woot Loot:
4/14/2007 Aerielle Audiobug FM Transmitter
4/13/2007 Sandisk Sansa e140 1GB MP3 Player
12/17/2007 Kodak Digital Camera/Multifunction Printer Bundle
1/5/2008 Pioneer 5.1 Surround Sound System for Xbox 360
2/27/2008 Dane-Elec 2GB SD Card (X3)

jbest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbest

Anyone know if this will stream video FROM a DLNA server?

JOHN BEST

ike0069

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ike0069
Guybrush01 wrote:This is the same model I bought for my grandmother a few months back... it works great as long as you are careful how you encode videos you want to watch. Also, if you want to use subs, you can't use MKV. You'll need the .srt file and whatever non MKV video file.

Why do you say you can't you use .srt with mkv files? I have a Sammy TV with Allshare and it plays mkv files with srt.

ike0069

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ike0069
jbest wrote:Anyone know if this will stream video FROM a DLNA server?

Uses Samsung Allshare DLNA. Allshare works great on my Samsung TV streaming mkv files from my PC.