WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Bazooka

When sound isn't loud enough, it's creepy. You think, "What is that, and why can't I hear it?" Loud sound, on the other hand, is sound you can trust. So, turn it up! Bump it! Run it through some sweet Bazooka audio gear!
Bazooka official site

Quality Posts

• (10:16 AM, 10/26/2012) coolbro12389 recommends the bass kit.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Tell us all about Bazooka!

I'm just hanging out, really.

coolbro12389

quality posts: 3 Private Messages coolbro12389

I got the complete bass kit for $99 last time it was up for sale for my old commuter 1990 corolla and i will say it defiantly was money well spent, its not super bassy but for the price it defiantly made the sound in that car MUCH better

crzyxj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crzyxj

Ran a pair of these for years and they are very good quality bass

live4today

quality posts: 2 Private Messages live4today

I got the $99 50W the last time it was for sale. Perfect for filling in the lows, and VERY easy to install. well worth the $100 for your ride.

uflbret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages uflbret

These may sound ok in a car with a fully enclosed cabin but I have to wonder how only 100w of power to a 8" sub is going to sound in a boat. Boats are loud, and open and require a lot of power to enable the lower frequencies to travel to its occupants effectively, especially while underway.

InFrom

quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom

I used to like their gum.

soontekoh34

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soontekoh34
InFrom wrote:I used to like their gum.

lol <-- Thats all I got!

apolloalarms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apolloalarms

???

sdblair

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sdblair

Wow! Had a pair of 6 1/2" Bazookas in my Suzuki Samurai. That was 20 years ago! Didn't know they were still around.

Woot

lameboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lameboy

An amplified tube sub. Not to be confused with the Acoustic Tube Sub.
Getting my son for Christmas and know nothing about speakers. What is the difference??

^lameboy^

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude
lameboy wrote:An amplified tube sub. Not to be confused with the Acoustic Tube Sub.
Getting my son for Christmas and know nothing about speakers. What is the difference??

Don't know exactly what you mean by "Acoustic Tube Sub" specifically... but these bazooka tubes are offered in two flavors. Amplified and passive (or non-amplified). The amplified ones have an amplifier to drive the subwoofer built right in. The passive ones will require a separate outboard amplifier to be purchased. Odds are you're buying this for the cleanliness and ease of installation. So it really only makes sense to purchase the amplified version. There's NO way you could purchase a separate outboard amplifier for less than the price difference between the versions offered here. Let alone install it as cleanly.

firebirdude

quality posts: 19 Private Messages firebirdude

As a professional mobile electronics installer, I've had my hands on many of these. Though I have to be honest... Bazooka is known for mediocre quality industry wide. But these tubes really are a solid deal for someone just looking to round out the bottom-end in their music. They're small, cheap, easy to install and are super quick to remove in case you need your trunk space back temporarily (for luggage, etc). And the output you'll get from them will surprise you. Even the 10" 100W version will probably be enough for anyone other than a bass-hungry teenager. The quality and amount of output really can't be beat for the price being offered. The cleanliness and speedy characteristics are just icing on the cake.

Installation is going to require you getting power from somewhere. The 100W version probably only pulls about 4-5 amps under normal conditions. Though professionally I could never recommend this, you could honestly tap that onto a cigarette lighter circuit and not have any problems. Ground to bare metal in the trunk and then splice the speaker wires from your rear speakers into the speaker leads on the tube for signal. The 250W version probably pulls 14-15 amps under normal conditions. That I'd say would require power run directly from the battery. Ensure a fuse (20A) is placed inline 18" or less from the battery terminal.

simoco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages simoco

Bought the camo 6.5 speakers for my truck last time they were on. For the price, the quality is dang good. Nice heavy duty speaker cover that can take some beatings by boots as they are in the lower part of my door panel. Lets hope these last longer than my Polks I originally had in there.

faaaaq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages faaaaq

These are alright, but not the most reliable. At least, the amps they use arent. I assisted my father installing an 8inch powered Bazooka in the back of his 2001 Explorer Sport, and it sounded alright but popped a transistor after a very long drive. Simple fix, but the transistor was completely destroyed and we couldnt find a wiring diagram online so we could not repair it (now the sub is part of my home theater and the built in amplifier is in the trash). After doing a lot of searching, we found a "DUB Mag Audio DUB8AT" by Audiobahn on ebay or something, for cheaper than the Bazooka. I talked my dad into jumping on it. When it came, we were pleasantly surprised. Although the "grill" is fairly gaudy, the finish on the sub is very nice. Instead of raw material like the Bazookas, it has like a fake leather wrapping all around. And the sound, the sound is MUCH better than the Bazooka was. I cant remember if it was louder or quieter, but quality was higher. So, I suggest comparing the competition before jumping on a Bazooka tube

lionchiritas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lionchiritas

Why
do not put these special more often?