0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Philips 32" 720p LCD HDTV
$179.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

msujp

quality posts: 1 Private Messages msujp

This seems like a good deal. Anyone confirm?

maui

quality posts: 10 Private Messages maui
msujp wrote:This seems like a good deal. Anyone confirm?

Yep. I'll confirm that. A very good deal.

i1patrick

quality posts: 3 Private Messages i1patrick

The vaguely black & white (non-color for all the youngsters out there) screen image is an interesting choice. I can't remember the last time I saw an actual black & white television.

InExcess

quality posts: 1 Private Messages InExcess

Bought this back on 5/8/2011. Wootoff. $240. Still working great. No complaints.

maui

31 and a half viewing inches of living color in what many poltergeists will soon be claiming is virtually unwatchable 720p HD resolution. For under 2 c-notes? One hella deal. Hint: on a screen this size they can't tell any difference between 720 and 1080. And neither can you.

Hungry

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Hungry

Amazon has it for $262. Pretty good review.

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-32PFL3506-F7-32-Inch-Black/dp/B004SP0EY0

Too bad it's not 1920 x 1080. I want to use it as a computer monitor also.

maui

maui wrote:31 and a half viewing inches of living color in what many poltergeists will soon be claiming is virtually unwatchable 720p HD resolution. For under 2 c-notes? One hella deal. Hint: on a screen this size they can't tell any difference between 720 and 1080. And neither can you.

poltergeists? Cool. I likes them poultry guys!

coolbreeze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolbreeze

I lost interest as soon as I saw "Phillips". I've had too many disappointments with stuff that had that name on it.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

coolbreeze wrote:I lost interest as soon as I saw "Phillips". I've had too many disappointments with stuff that had that name on it.

You should be fine with this then because it's Philips, not Phillips.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Has been on several woot-offs and woots, but this is the last woot, with lots of comments and at $179.99 tonight, this is $50 less it looks like than price several times this year:
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=4790409

That's all I can do tonight, back to work. Good night.

danbfree

quality posts: 3 Private Messages danbfree
Hungry wrote:

For 179 bucks, Where's the Horror? are you expecting? This is a good little bedroom TV for the money, PERIOD.

Of course I'm gonna spend more for for a 1080p but AGAIN, for $179 Where's the Horror? are you expecting?

danbfree

quality posts: 3 Private Messages danbfree
coolbreeze wrote:I lost interest as soon as I saw "Phillips". I've had too many disappointments with stuff that had that name on it.

Good for you... because Sony, Ford, Onkyo or any other company in the owrld has never, ever made a mistake... get real, it's $180...

rywillis7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rywillis7

Can I use this as a computer monitor? Is there a VGA port?

scarymuffin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarymuffin
rywillis7 wrote:Can I use this as a computer monitor? Is there a VGA port?

No

speedogirl2

quality posts: 28 Private Messages speedogirl2
rywillis7 wrote:Can I use this as a computer monitor? Is there a VGA port?

No VGA, yes monitor:
"With PC input you can use your TV as a PC monitor via a HDMI-DVI cable/converter (not included)"

skou

quality posts: 21 Private Messages skou

Like TT said, "Phillips" is screwdrivers. "Philips is electronics. (Yes, most electronic stuff uses Phillips screws, even Philips stuff.)

On another note Amazon just sent me a link to THIS sale. Is Amazon affiliated with Woot!?

(That was a rhetorical, "joke" question!)

steve

skou

quality posts: 21 Private Messages skou
Hungry wrote:Amazon has it for $262. Pretty good review.

That is what my 27 inch Samsung TV/Monitor is. (T27A300)

Best TV/Monitor I've seen. The room is AMAZING! (My desk is too small!) I've got my net browser link on both sides of the screen, so I don't have to move the mouse so much.

Was $300, last Christmas, at Costco.

TV reception is also GREAT! (When I watch TV.)

steve

ningxie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ningxie

Can you use just an HTMI cable (not HTMI/DVI cable) for computer monitor?

therealjrn

quality posts: 51 Private Messages therealjrn
skou wrote:That is what my 27 inch Samsung TV/Monitor is. (T27A300)

Best TV/Monitor I've seen. The room is AMAZING! (My desk is too small!) I've got my net browser link on both sides of the screen, so I don't have to move the mouse so much.

Was $300, last Christmas, at Costco.

TV reception is also GREAT! (When I watch TV.)

steve

So you're talking about a completely different product than is what is offered?

Happy 10th Woot!

klarck

quality posts: 0 Private Messages klarck

Can this receive unscrambled QAM? (At least while it lasts.)

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Is this the same TV?

Amazon (new) = $218.99 + $32.72 S&H. Also 51 customer reviews.

Total shipped NEW, $251.71 and would include 1 year warranty.

Woot is $184.99 shipped and if you buy one year warranty add $31.99 for a total of $216.98 and this is for a refurbished model.

If the above advertised Amazon price is correct and it is the same model, it is only $34.73 more to buy brand new over refurbished if you purchase the one year warranty to match one year warranty on new model. I think I would have to go with new.

Tobyfox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tobyfox

I bought this from Best Buy two years ago and paid almost twice this price. Mine makes a buzzing noise when I turn it on, but you stop noticing it after a while. Not a bad deal for $180.

extech01

quality posts: 3 Private Messages extech01
Hungry wrote:Amazon has it for $262. Pretty good review.

I use a 720p with a 60hz refresh rate as my second monitor that I bought on the cheap (hisense- who knows where in China those are made)from tigerdirect a year ago and it looks great. Why do you need 1920x1080?

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy

I don't have a problem with 720p TVs, I have a problem with nonstandard resolutions such as 1366x768. Regardless of what you watch (unless you use it as a big PC monitor) you get oddball scaling.

At least on a proper 1080p TV, 720p content is scaled evenly. Or on a true 1280x720p TV, no scaling.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

Venardhi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Venardhi

768 is pretty standard for "720" TVs.

pmmets07

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pmmets07

I bought this about a year and a half ago on here for $300. Works great. No complaints. Buy it.

papernoose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papernoose

Buyer BEWARE! I bought this 5/2011 during a Woot Off(for my 95 year old grandma who is mostly blind and needed a bigger tv)and it totally died last month. What I found after my research was highly disturbing -

1) Woot shipped me the WRONG tv (ad says 3506D/F7B and I received a 3505/F7)

2) the wrong tv they shipped to me was a model not only with this well known issue which pops right up in google but you have to replace the whole power board not just the fuse(good luck finding one). When I contacted Phillips they do not sell this part. Local quote I got to fix it was $150-200 (the board cost about $95 plus labor).

I have been very upset over this whole situation and I cannot believe Woot is selling this piece of garbage again.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt

bufflange

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bufflange

Anybody have any experience using this tv for an x-box and other gaming devices...I'm thinking about getting it for this this reason only.

mkeeler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mkeeler

I bought one last year for $240 on woot. I like it very much. I also got the BA soundbar and subwoofer on Woot for $130 was it? and now the sound is great too!

CaptainTr1pps

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CaptainTr1pps
ningxie wrote:Can you use just an HTMI cable (not HTMI/DVI cable) for computer monitor?

Yea you can, they seem to be making the odd assumption that your comp doesn't have an HDMI out.

Just remember to switch the sound output if you want to use the TVs speakers. Tho you'd presumably have a set of desktop speakers with better range, but perhaps you want to reduce desk clutter.

doreedo1420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doreedo1420

I bought one of these off woot, and it looks fine when it's on. The problem is that it has some sort of energy saver setting that causes the TV to not come on until it feels like it.

doreedo1420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doreedo1420
bufflange wrote:Anybody have any experience using this tv for an x-box and other gaming devices...I'm thinking about getting it for this this reason only.

I use Xbox 360 on it, no lag, works fine.

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
coolbreeze wrote:I lost interest as soon as I saw "Phillips".

Me, too! Phillip is the name of the delivery guy who will just toss this over the fence.

Prey

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Prey

I bought a Phillips LCD, it lasted exactly 1 year, the warranty period. There's a reason there are a boatload of refurbished LCD's from this company, they are not a good monitor.
I might add, I bought a Phillips DVD player, paid a lot for it (~$180)... it was terrible, it would not play half the formats I used, so I went to Walmart and bought a $20 DVD, it played Everything!

rgfitz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rgfitz

I bought this TV on Woot for $234.99 and it has been an excellent TV...never tried it as a monitor. I use it with an outdoor antenna located under the porch roof close to the TV. It gets very strong signals from all Denver stations even though I am about 25 miles from the transmitters. The picture quality is perfect for the HD broadcasts.

rganger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rganger

[quote postid="5222273" user="pukeboy"]I don't have a problem with 720p TVs, I have a problem with nonstandard resolutions such as 1366x768.

In the world of monitors, 720 is 'nonstandard'. Hate that we used to have 1200 lines of resolution (or more) for monitors, but since everyone thinks 1080 is High Def, it's tough to get more than 1080

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU
charliecarroll wrote:Is this the same TV?

Amazon (new) = $218.99 + $32.72 S&H. Also 51 customer reviews.

Total shipped NEW, $251.71 and would include 1 year warranty.

Woot is $184.99 shipped and if you buy one year warranty add $31.99 for a total of $216.98 and this is for a refurbished model.

If the above advertised Amazon price is correct and it is the same model, it is only $34.73 more to buy brand new over refurbished if you purchase the one year warranty to match one year warranty on new model. I think I would have to go with new.

Since you're not the first to post this link, one thing to realize is Woot doesn't consider 3rd party retailers (like the link above through Amazon) as comparable when they offer the deal, just like they don't consider eBay comparable. If a mainline/big company like NewEgg or Best Buy were to sell the exact product cheap enough, woot has in the past lowered their price to make it a better deal. I'm also not 100% sure, but I think this policy was in play before Amazon bought them.

Personally, I'm not planning on buying any TV online, used or new, and the question is in a case like this (and obviously the people who have trouble with shipping/product itself are the ones you'll typically see comments from, regardless of website or actual %age that had a bad experience) is whether you trust woot or the third party Amazon agent. I'm going to leave that question alone, thank you very much.

BeadingFool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BeadingFool

HI, does anyone here know which wall mounts will work with this TV?