StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
BeadingFool wrote:HI, does anyone here know which wall mounts will work with this TV?

According to the specs:

Wall Mount Specifications:
Hole Pattern: VESA 200 X 200mm

smokiepoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smokiepoo

Can you play MP4's are AVI off of a flash drive with this model?

jensauerkraut

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jensauerkraut

I got this at another woot-off. It is a perfect bedroom tv. I have been super happy with it and i might buy one for my parents for christmas to replace that POS that hey now.

EricPost

quality posts: 3 Private Messages EricPost
whatsamattaU wrote:Since you're not the first to post this link, one thing to realize is Woot doesn't consider 3rd party retailers (like the link above through Amazon) as comparable when they offer the deal, just like they don't consider eBay comparable. If a mainline/big company like NewEgg or Best Buy were to sell the exact product cheap enough, woot has in the past lowered their price to make it a better deal. I'm also not 100% sure, but I think this policy was in play before Amazon bought them.

Personally, I'm not planning on buying any TV online, used or new, and the question is in a case like this (and obviously the people who have trouble with shipping/product itself are the ones you'll typically see comments from, regardless of website or actual %age that had a bad experience) is whether you trust woot or the third party Amazon agent. I'm going to leave that question alone, thank you very much.

So you're saying you admit that it's a better deal but you consider a third part unreliable so it doesn't count. I used to use Newegg too, till I got so much crap and tired of paying to send it back. Newegg is far worse than most 3rd parties I've dealt with.

miguelgonzalez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miguelgonzalez

Has Philips solved their problem with the cheap Samsung electrolytic capacitors?

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1070 Private Messages whatsamattaU
EricPost wrote:So you're saying you admit that it's a better deal but you consider a third part unreliable so it doesn't count. I used to use Newegg too, till I got so much crap and tired of paying to send it back. Newegg is far worse than most 3rd parties I've dealt with.

I'm not saying it is a better deal or not. I'm neutral on this deal. That wasn't the point. I saw CharlieCarroll and one other person put up the price in question, and since Charlie is relatively new, I thought I'd respond.

Personally, I used NewEgg as an example of a long-established (you could use Tiger Direct, Best Buy, etc.), big company because I've not had problems with them that I can recall, but I figure every business is going to have screw-ups.

I actually buy as much stuff from third parties with Amazon as Amazon itself. What I was trying to do is remind people who wonder why they can occasionally find a lower price/woot won't lower the price when they can find better prices elsewhere.

The answer (as ThunderThighs and other staff occasionally will explain) is it depends on who's selling it. Woot considers the bigger companies their competition and peers, such as a Target, Toys R Us, WalMart, CDW, etc. Companies that you won't wonder if they'll still be there the next day/less likely to pull a fast one (but again, anyone can get a bad product/service from any company)--woot considers these companies their comparison scale. I've personally see posts from others for businesses that seemed too good to be true (one time it was a recent startup from China, complete with spelling errors, with a price much below anything else on the internet--multiple people posted it, but TT explained why they weren't allowing it--and checking the site out, I agreed with them on that call).

If you want my personal opinion, which is a separate issue entirely, I won't buy anything from a purely online company (i.e., no local presence) that's going to be hard to return or quite expensive except for a computer (and only then if it's a company with a good track record, whether by personal experience or reputation). I don't mind helping y'all figure out whether the TV, etc. is a good deal or not by providing links when I have time. I don't work for woot, and sometimes I link to things which don't show the product in a favorable light, and woot leaves the post alone if it's reasonable.

I just don't plan on ever buying a TV strictly online--I want that from someone local, that I can see and touch myself. Similarly, with third party Amazon agencies, I keep the purchases limited to cheaper, smaller things with less risk.

jackmcdowell

quality posts: 18 Private Messages jackmcdowell
miguelgonzalez wrote:Has Philips solved their problem with the cheap Samsung electrolytic capacitors?

Seems like an easy fix if that is the only problem with these dying... Tutorial Link

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
jackmcdowell wrote:Seems like an easy fix if that is the only problem with these dying...

"First of all, do this at your own risk and also unplug the TV set before working on it. You don’t want to be electrocuted!"
Seriously, not something the average wooter should be expected to do.

sehkmet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sehkmet

I'm probably spoiled by shirt.woot which tends to ship immediately, but what is the length of time I should be expecting before this gets sent out?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
sehkmet wrote:I'm probably spoiled by shirt.woot which tends to ship immediately, but what is the length of time I should be expecting before this gets sent out?

I'd say give it five business days, and then start tapping support@woot.com on the shoulder.

I'm just hanging out, really.

sehkmet

inkycatz wrote:I'd say give it five business days, and then start tapping support@woot.com on the shoulder.

Lovely, good to know - thank you!

BeadingFool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BeadingFool
sehkmet wrote:Lovely, good to know - thank you!

...this was my very first woot, so I had been wondering the same thing... Thanks!

cblazejak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cblazejak

I bought this and have yet to receive it... very disappointed so far.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cblazejak wrote:I bought this and have yet to receive it... very disappointed so far.

It can take up to 5 days to process and ship orders although it often faster. Give it a couple more days and if you don't get tracking info, contact Woot customer service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

BeadingFool

ThunderThighs wrote:It can take up to 5 days to process and ship orders although it often faster. Give it a couple more days and if you don't get tracking info, contact Woot customer service.

does anyone know where these will ship from? maybe shipping has been delayed by the storm?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
BeadingFool wrote:does anyone know where these will ship from? maybe shipping has been delayed by the storm?

We'll see what we can find out, but if you have any concerns (and if it's been over five business days), feel free to ask support@woot.com for details.

I'm just hanging out, really.

chrisdferrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisdferrell

I think its a good deal...but whats up with the shipping??? I ordered mine and its still "awaiting shipping".....I usually brag about woot shipping for friends and family that don't use it. What gives?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

chrisdferrell wrote:I think its a good deal...but whats up with the shipping??? I ordered mine and its still "awaiting shipping".....I usually brag about woot shipping for friends and family that don't use it. What gives?

we've got people looking into it, but it might be delayed due to some storm or something in the northeast.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

Ynot303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ynot303
PemberDucky wrote:we've got people looking into it, but it might be delayed due to some storm or something in the northeast.

Glad you guys are looking into it, I was going to send you guys an email about it.

BeadingFool

PemberDucky wrote:we've got people looking into it, but it might be delayed due to some storm or something in the northeast.

hmmm... where are you people? "some storm or something"??? um... maybe it was that little storm that affected 60 million people in the US Northeast... what was the name again??? ....oh "Sandy"!

I did ask @support and all I got back was an email with a "catchy case number" all my own, and a "you'll be hearing from us soon" ...

:-/

well I guess that's something...

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

BeadingFool wrote:hmmm... where are you people? "some storm or something"??? um... maybe it was that little storm that affected 60 million people in the US Northeast... what was the name again??? ....oh "Sandy"!

I did ask @support and all I got back was an email with a "catchy case number" all my own, and a "you'll be hearing from us soon" ...

i was using humor. (or, as the canadians affectionately call it: "humour.")
sometimes we try to employ that here, with varying degrees of success!

as Staff members mentioned previously, it can take up to 5 business days to process/ship orders, so it's a little early to get antsy yet, especially if weather is a factor. (i'm not sure if it is.)

in the meantime, please enjoy this montage featuring the gopher from caddyshack:

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

sehkmet

Caddyshack best shack. Thank you for that.

BeadingFool wrote:hmmm... where are you people? "some storm or something"??? um... maybe it was that little storm that affected 60 million people in the US Northeast... what was the name again??? ....oh "Sandy"!

I'm pretty sure everyone in North America has heard of Sandy, and that was a joke being made. (Granted, playfully dry notes don't come through text all that well unless you add your own fake hashtags or HTML code tags or whatever tickles your fancy.)
I'm eager to replace my very old 21" CRT TV myself and I'm already making a list of things I wanna watch in GLOOOORIOUS HAITCH DEE, but sometimes we have to have a little patience and give things time to shake out. Just sayin'!

dreamyji21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreamyji21

Hi woot service team,

I've ordered this TV last saturday and it hasn't been shipped yet!!! The status still says shipment awaiting.
Why is it taking so long? Is this normal? I never seen any online purchase taking this long. Hopefully you guys can expedite this TV.
This is my order #Order #41955396.

BeadingFool

[quote postid="5228515" user="PemberDucky"]i was using humor. (or, as the canadians affectionately call it: "humour.")
sometimes we try to employ that here, with varying degrees of success!

as Staff members mentioned previously, it can take up to 5 business days to process/ship orders, so it's a little early to get antsy yet, especially if weather is a factor. (i'm not sure if it is.)

in the meantime, please enjoy this montage featuring the gopher from caddyshack:

wow... really?

Thanks for the pirated clip from youtube.... that makes me feel a whole lot better about buying from here....

obviously (my) sarcasm doesn't carry well online either... (you will note that I mentioned the storm FIRST)...

but my order from another (unnamed) online venue which I made at the same exact time.... is already being enjoyed right here in my humble abode...

but as this was my first woot... ever... and since I am not the only one complaining here.... AND I was trying to be a little bit understanding in spite of the brush off.... it seems a little bit more professionality would be in order...

but then you have my money and I have a "catchy case number" and at least another 3 day wait for a reply....

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 158 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

BeadingFool wrote:
wow... really?

Thanks for the pirated clip from youtube.... that makes me feel a whole lot better about buying from here....

obviously (my) sarcasm doesn't carry well online either... (you will note that I mentioned the storm FIRST)...

but my order from another (unnamed) online venue which I made at the same exact time.... is already being enjoyed right here in my humble abode...

but as this was my first woot... ever... and since I am not the only one complaining here.... AND I was trying to be a little bit understanding in spite of the brush off.... it seems a little bit more professionality would be in order...

but then you have my money and I have a "catchy case number" and at least another 3 day wait for a reply....

dreamyji21 wrote:Hi woot service team,

I've ordered this TV last saturday and it hasn't been shipped yet!!! The status still says shipment awaiting.
Why is it taking so long? Is this normal? I never seen any online purchase taking this long. Hopefully you guys can expedite this TV.
This is my order #Order #41955396.

As PemberDucky pointed out earlier today, the usual shipping time is up to 5 business days to ship. If you check the status of your order and find the shipping info hasn't updated by tomorrow, please feel free to contact us at support@woot.com and we'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

jaidyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaidyn
ROGETRAY wrote:As PemberDucky pointed out earlier today, the usual shipping time is up to 5 business days to ship. If you check the status of your order and find the shipping info hasn't updated by tomorrow, please feel free to contact us at support@woot.com and we'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

K, so I ordered this last Sunday.

It's now Friday evening. That's 5 business days. Why is my order still awaiting shipping?

You lied to me woot.... I'm so sad. I bought from woot to save myself 50$ on a TV. Little did I know it was going to take you over a week to send it.

Honestly at this point.... I almost wish I had just spent the extra 50, because atleast I'd not be sitting here angry that I still have no TV to play xbox on.

Plus it's Friday. That means they ain't doing jack to my order til monday.

This is probably going to be the last time I order anything that costs over 20$ from woot.

[edit] Pretty sure I'm just going to cancel this order so I can go buy a crappy 200$ walmart LCD tv. I'm not waiting anymore. It doesn't take a week to put a TV in a box, in the mail.

ahmahler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahmahler

Perhaps the most frustrating part of this is the fact that there was no option for expedited shipping. I would order much more from Woot if I thought for a second I'd ever receive anything within 3 weeks. $5 shipping is seemingly paid for in interest earned in between taking our money and sending it out. woot-you can do better 5 days is sort of silly by the way.

jaidyn

ahmahler wrote:Perhaps the most frustrating part of this is the fact that there was no option for expedited shipping. I would order much more from Woot if I thought for a second I'd ever receive anything within 3 weeks. $5 shipping is seemingly paid for in interest earned in between taking our money and sending it out. woot-you can do better 5 days is sort of silly by the way.

Yep, I just cancelled my order because I had no idea they were going to find a way to wait weeks before sending it.

smccull1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smccull1
jaidyn wrote:Yep, I just cancelled my order because I had no idea they were going to find a way to wait weeks before sending it.

This is getting a little ridiculous Woot! I have a feeling you will have more orders cancelled if you don't get moving on this.

BeadingFool

ROGETRAY wrote:As PemberDucky pointed out earlier today, the usual shipping time is up to 5 business days to ship. If you check the status of your order and find the shipping info hasn't updated by tomorrow, please feel free to contact us at support@woot.com and we'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

Well, here it is "tomorrow" already, and being Saturday... of course nothing has changed and nothing about my order has been 'updated'... no further response from support either... no big surprise there...

I would gladly cancel my order, and buy a TV elsewhere, but for the life of me I can't figure out just how to go about canceling it...

either way it looks like this was my first, and my last woot... way to go!

cblazejak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cblazejak
BeadingFool wrote:Well, here it is "tomorrow" already, and being Saturday... of course nothing has changed and nothing about my order has been 'updated'... no further response from support either... no big surprise there...

I would gladly cancel my order, and buy a TV elsewhere, but for the life of me I can't figure out just how to go about canceling it...

either way it looks like this was my first, and my last woot... way to go!

I wish I could cancel mine if I don't get some answers soon. I was told it was coming from one of their distributors and that was all the information they have. So you can take my money and not ship me anything, I do not think so. Either ship it to me or give me my money back, this is ridiculous.

Ynot303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ynot303

I am a bit disappointed with woot! I ordered mine on Sunday (Oct 28th) and it is still in the same "awaiting shipping" state. I would feel much better if they said it's due to the weather but it sounds like they have no idea where their product is shipped from. A vague answer like, it could be due to the weather gives me no confidence in Woot.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Ynot303 wrote:I am a bit disappointed with woot! I ordered mine on Sunday (Oct 28th) and it is still in the same "awaiting shipping" state. I would feel much better if they said it's due to the weather but it sounds like they have no idea where their product is shipped from. A vague answer like, it could be due to the weather gives me no confidence in Woot.

It's common for the vendor to send electronic info to the shipper to generate tracking numbers. They send the tracking files to us and that sends an email to you. It may be a few days more before the actually release the shipment to the shipper.

Be patient. You probably won't see any updates to the shipping status over the weekend. Give it until Monday afternoon. If you don't see anything by that time, Feel free to contact Customer Service using the support form at the top of the page or email support@woot.com.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jaidyn

ThunderThighs wrote:It's common for the vendor to send electronic info to the shipper to generate tracking numbers. They send the tracking files to us and that sends an email to you. It may be a few days more before the actually release the shipment to the shipper.

Be patient. You probably won't see any updates to the shipping status over the weekend. Give it until Monday afternoon. If you don't see anything by that time, Feel free to contact Customer Service using the support form at the top of the page or email support@woot.com.

I believe I was already very clear that I'm not waiting until then.

Refund my order. Now. You guys won't respond to the emails I sent requesting a refund, but you have time to post here and assure us that if we wait longer than we want to everything will be ok?

No.

Refund, now, otherwise I'll just call my bank and have them reverse it.

cadpigjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cadpigjr
ThunderThighs wrote:

Honestly not to sound rude, but I believe I saw:

As PemberDucky pointed out earlier today, the usual shipping time is up to 5 business days to ship. If you check the status of your order and find the shipping info hasn't updated by tomorrow, please feel free to contact us at support@woot.com and we'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

so now it is don't even contact till Monday? what is the Monday answer, don't message till Tuesday?

ThunderThighs

Staff

cadpigjr wrote:Honestly not to sound rude, but I believe I saw:

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

so now it is don't even contact till Monday? what is the Monday answer, don't message till Tuesday?

You can contact CS at any time. I just did the math. Friday was the 5th business day so they likely shipped out but haven't been updated by the shipper. Sorry for the frustration.

FORUM MODERATOR

BeadingFool

ThunderThighs wrote:You can contact CS at any time. I just did the math. Friday was the 5th business day so they likely shipped out but haven't been updated by the shipper. Sorry for the frustration.

wow... really? so you are telling us that "you can contact customer service anytime"? well I have "contacted customer service" two times already and all I got was an automated email with a case # each time... no human response... no answers...

I ship all the time... if a shipper generates a shipping label there is a tracking number generated at that time... if it comes back to you automatically you should have it in your system... so we can assume these have NOT been shipped... and that you have no idea where they are or when they will ship...

and you putting us off for "5 business days" - which is really at least 8 days when you count the weekend days... oh and add another day for Monday... that's just BS...

so I just hope customer service gets my cancellation request before they ship me anything... I mean it's not as if I haven't tried to contact them

jaidyn

BeadingFool wrote:wow... really? so you are telling us that "you can contact customer service anytime"? well I have "contacted customer service" two times already and all I got was an automated email with a case # each time... no human response... no answers...

I ship all the time... if a shipper generates a shipping label there is a tracking number generated at that time... if it comes back to you automatically you should have it in your system... so we can assume these have NOT been shipped... and that you have no idea where they are or when they will ship...

and you putting us off for "5 business days" - which is really at least 8 days when you count the weekend days... oh and add another day for Monday... that's just BS...

so I just hope customer service gets my cancellation request before they ship me anything... I mean it's not as if I haven't tried to contact them

Woot customer service won't do anything. They'll just lie and tell you it's too late to refund you.

Solution: Call your bank and have them reverse the charge. It's not like woot has shipped anything yet, and it's THEIR fault for taking so long to ship them. They've effectively lost themselves over a thousand dollars in sales because of their own laziness.

Won't even reply to our emails, but they have time to come on here and tell us to wait longer.

Nope, not playing that game.
My bank said the charge will be reversed tomorrow at the latest.

[edit] P.s. thank you for the lies, thunderthighs. Yeah, that's absolutely how shipping works. It's been shipped, they just haven't bothered to give us the numbers yet. Yep. Totally.

sehkmet

^^^ Do you know how FedEx or UPS works? I deal with UPS every day and we generate tracking numbers as soon as we hit 'print', but here's the thing - those tracking numbers STILL take time to show up in THEIR OWN SYSTEM. There are no lies, that is HOW THEY WORK.

... there are some people here getting waaaaaay too wound up about TVs. I mean, it's a TV, not life-saving medicine being airlifted across a continent.

Seriously, folks, it's not as if the folks posting here are out in the magical Woot warehouse packing up orders and making sure your package gets there with pixie dust and puppy dog tails for packing peanuts. They do what they can, but if their hands are tied by things out of their control, being unconscionably rude is not going to make things any better.

Be patient - and if you can't be patient, be polite when you ask for a refund. I've had to get refunds from Woot in the past and while it's always disappointing when it happens, they've been VERY helpful and prompt.

Yikes. Too many carewords about TVs on the internet. I'm going to read a book.

jaidyn

sehkmet wrote:^^^ Do you know how FedEx or UPS works? I deal with UPS every day and we generate tracking numbers as soon as we hit 'print', but here's the thing - those tracking numbers STILL take time to show up in THEIR OWN SYSTEM. There are no lies, that is HOW THEY WORK.

... there are some people here getting waaaaaay too wound up about TVs. I mean, it's a TV, not life-saving medicine being airlifted across a continent.

Seriously, folks, it's not as if the folks posting here are out in the magical Woot warehouse packing up orders and making sure your package gets there with pixie dust and puppy dog tails for packing peanuts. They do what they can, but if their hands are tied by things out of their control, being unconscionably rude is not going to make things any better.

Be patient - and if you can't be patient, be polite when you ask for a refund. I've had to get refunds from Woot in the past and while it's always disappointing when it happens, they've been VERY helpful and prompt.

Yikes. Too many carewords about TVs on the internet. I'm going to read a book.

I asked for a refund.

They have yet to reply to my emails.

They have plenty of time to post in this thread though. Don't try to defend them. They can atleast keep us up to date on where the items we paid ~200$ for are. Or at the VERY LEAST, they can reply to our emails requesting refunds.