ThunderThighs

quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jaidyn wrote:I asked for a refund.

They have yet to reply to my emails.

They have plenty of time to post in this thread though. Don't try to defend them. They can atleast keep us up to date on where the items we paid ~200$ for are. Or at the VERY LEAST, they can reply to our emails requesting refunds.

I would like to clarify that it is forum moderators that are responding to your posts in the forums. We do not have access to your account or order information, nor can we cancel your orders. We do send your posts on to Customer Service and they do answer emails in the order they are received... generally in one to two business days. Be sure to check your spam folders for replies as they do like to eat us up.

If the item has already been processed for shipping, any refund will to wait until the item is returned to Woot.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

cadpigjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cadpigjr

To be honest, I am patient and such, I really would just like some sort of an update, like when it is shipping. I may be in a good neighborhood and all but a big box like that might look tempting to swipe off the porch.

So if any of the moderator type people could get a answer as to what is happening that would be awesome, that way we all can have an answer ^_^

BeadingFool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BeadingFool
cadpigjr wrote:To be honest, I am patient and such, I really would just like some sort of an update, like when it is shipping. I may be in a good neighborhood and all but a big box like that might look tempting to swipe off the porch.

So if any of the moderator type people could get a answer as to what is happening that would be awesome, that way we all can have an answer ^_^

Exactly!

In my first email to "customer service" last week... I asked for a rough delivery date so I could arrange in advance to be home when it arrives... because some of us may not be able to just take a few weeks off to sit home all day every day hoping for a delivery to come. But instead of being able to provide even a rough delivery date - last week... next week... the week after...?? I have yet to receive any reply at all from "customer service"... so my second email asked them to just cancel my order... no reply on that email either... if they ship on Monday and don't tell me before Tuesday or Wednesday and it gets stolen off my porch, then it's not my fault for not saying something to them...

and maybe it is "just a TV" to woot, but it is also almost $200 I worked hard for... and I probably could use that $ for something else instead of donating it to woot :-(

Was just wondering... is there a woot facebook page? and if not, why not?

ransom81

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ransom81

Anyone receive a shipping or status update?????????No answer from Woot.

BeadingFool

ransom81 wrote:Anyone receive a shipping or status update?????????No answer from Woot.

... well I just got an email a few minutes ago. it said this:
"Your order has likely shipped. We are in the process of obtaining tracking now. Since we had these drop shipped, the tracking is not always readily available. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience."

I am not amused :-/ and I ran out of patience last week...

cblazejak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cblazejak
ransom81 wrote:Anyone receive a shipping or status update?????????No answer from Woot.

Nothing yet.... I wish I had gotten the answer that they were shipping today.

Woodman668

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Woodman668

Really people, when you buy something at Big Lots do you complain that it's not brand name?

If you want top dollar shipping and service, then I suggest you pay for it. Yeah, I'd like to know where my TV is too, but I didn't order it so I could watch the game Sunday. If I wanted to do that I would have gotten off my ass and gone to Walmart where I could get a Filllips TV for $20 more.

You want it shipped overnight then you buy it from somewhere that ships that way, not somewhere that indicates the shipping method with a snail.

Cheap, Good, Fast, you get two out of three if you are lucky.

For those of you who are put out by the "tone" of the employees here, have you actually read anything on this site? And why are you even buying here in the first place if you don't like how Woot works. It's like one of my kids asking for McDonald's and then complaining about greasy food.

jaidyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaidyn
Woodman668 wrote:Really people, when you buy something at Big Lots do you complain that it's not brand name?\

*facepalm*

Nope, but then again, we go to big lots specifically to get cheap batteries made by 'ernergerzer' rather than 'energizer'. Seriously bad comparison.

I'm pretty sure I speak for most of us when I say I didn't come here to spend 200$ on something I still don't have over a week later.

I order crap from china that doesn't take as long to get here.

Come on guys. Give us our friggin' TVs or give us our refunds.

BeadingFool

Woodman668 wrote:Really people, when you buy something at Big Lots do you complain that it's not brand name?

If you want top dollar shipping and service, then I suggest you pay for it. Yeah, I'd like to know where my TV is too, but I didn't order it so I could watch the game Sunday. If I wanted to do that I would have gotten off my ass and gone to Walmart where I could get a Filllips TV for $20 more.

You want it shipped overnight then you buy it from somewhere that ships that way, not somewhere that indicates the shipping method with a snail.

For those of you who are put out by the "tone" of the employees here, have you actually read anything on this site? And why are you even buying here in the first place if you don't like how Woot works. It's like one of my kids asking for McDonald's and then complaining about greasy food.

This was my first woot. I was amused by the comic nature of woot and assumed that underneath the jokes they were a legitimate and professional company...

That was until they took my money over a week ago... now they ignore my emails to CS and seem not to know anything about my order or when it will ship and seemingly have no way of even finding out.

That is VERY unprofessional.

I have ordered from MANY online retailers in the past and gotten immediate responses to questions and problems from much bigger and much smaller companies than woot...

wal-mart, in fact, answers your emails answers immediately, ships with tracking info within a day, and gives great professional customer service if you buy online.

but, you seem to be right... if I want to deal with a professional company that gives good customer service, offers good products and has quick shipping, then I have to do business with someone other than woot...

did I mention this was my first woot ever? and I assure you it will never happen again..

Woodman668

BeadingFool wrote:This was my first woot. I was amused by the comic nature of woot and assumed that underneath the jokes they were a legitimate and professional company...

That was until they took my money over a week ago... now they ignore my emails to CS and seem not to know anything about my order or when it will ship and seemingly have no way of even finding out.

That is VERY unprofessional.

I have ordered from MANY online retailers in the past and gotten immediate responses to questions and problems from much bigger and much smaller companies than woot...

wal-mart, in fact, answers your emails answers immediately, ships with tracking info within a day, and gives great professional customer service if you buy online.

but, you seem to be right... if I want to deal with a professional company that gives good customer service, offers good products and has quick shipping, then I have to do business with someone other than woot...

did I mention this was my first woot ever? and I assure you it will never happen again..

Right, because WalMart sells goods at 50-80% of retail and ships everything for $5.

It's a deal a day site.

I'd be upset at not getting replies to CS emails, but it's not like you waited more than a couple of days to email or anything did you?

I have gotten at least two things from Woot that were drop shipped where the status didn't update before I got the item. In one of those cases the delivery time was less than 24 hours. The second it was almost two weeks.

It's a TV, is it going to rot, or rust before you get it? Send the email to CS, gripe at them, and post your result. No reason to spray your spleen all over the forums. It's not like you will get your package quicker that way.

sehkmet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sehkmet
Woodman668 wrote:

Amen.

People want something for nothing and they want it nownowNOW. If we had teleporters, people would still complain because it wasn't in their possession five minutes after they ordered it.

It's been a week and - here's the important part - it's a TV. Yeah, it's a little inconvenient, but keeping things in perspective is important. If I needed a TV THAT BADLY where I'd feel the need to vent my spleen on the internet for not getting it ASAP I'd have not bought it online, but taken it upon myself to go trudging to a brick-and-mortar store and been prepared to pay the necessary mark-up. I bought this TV to replace my old one, and I'm not in that much of a rush to get it; I'll start having harder questions if it's two weeks with no hint of an idea what's going on.

I'd be more upset if I'd ordered insulin and it hadn't shown up after a week, but I do have a weird sense of perspective.

BeadingFool

sehkmet wrote:Amen.

People want something for nothing and they want it nownowNOW. If we had teleporters, people would still complain because it wasn't in their possession five minutes after they ordered it.

It's been a week and - here's the important part - it's a TV. Yeah, it's a little inconvenient, but keeping things in perspective is important. If I needed a TV THAT BADLY where I'd feel the need to vent my spleen on the internet for not getting it ASAP I'd have not bought it online, but taken it upon myself to go trudging to a brick-and-mortar store and been prepared to pay the necessary mark-up. I bought this TV to replace my old one, and I'm not in that much of a rush to get it; I'll start having harder questions if it's two weeks with no hint of an idea what's going on.

I'd be more upset if I'd ordered insulin and it hadn't shown up after a week, but I do have a weird sense of perspective.

wow, really? So I see the woot customers are as rude as woot customer service is unresponsive... or are you even real customers? From what I can see you are far too happy to be attacking me, because I spoke up, but at least 10 other people who posted here are having the same problems and those are just the ones who have mentioned it here... I just wonder how many other people have not said anything because everyone here was being so rude to anyone who complained....

So if I have a problem, I should just keep it to myself and not post anything but woots praises on the boards? how nice for woot and how deceptive to potential first timers like myself...

My 'problem' is not what the item is... nor that it did not ship within a week...

My 'problem' is that woot customer service has not responded to my emails... or my eventual requests to cancel my order... and I have been continually put off by them here, and now I am being harassed for saying anything negative or even asking where my item is... as have been other people...

and it doesn't matter what the item is - a TV, or whatever - You don't know who I am or my circumstances, or where I live, or how important it may be for me to have a definite delivery date of some sort, but let me assure you that due to my personal circumstances I ordered a tv online as it was my only option... so blame me for wanting to get what I paid for in a timely manner, or at least to know when it will ship after waiting a week and hearing nothing...

and yes, saving money is important, but several companies would have shipped me an equivalent TV by now with free shipping and instant tracking information... unfortunately, I chose unwisely to give woot a chance because some people I know recommended it... perhaps woot should put some sort of warning label on the woot page that you should not buy from them unless you just want to gamble with your money and be abused if you dare to complain...

Woodman668

BeadingFool wrote:wow, really? So I see the woot customers are as rude as woot customer service is unresponsive... or are you even real customers? From what I can see you are far too happy to be attacking me, because I spoke up, but at least 10 other people who posted here are having the same problems and those are just the ones who have mentioned it here... I just wonder how many other people have not said anything because everyone here was being so rude to anyone who complained....

If you consider this rude and attacking I'm sorry. Frankly, there have been several people freaking out on here about how much this sucks and how they will never buy anything here again and everything sucks.

I was a bit concerned about the fact that my TV hasn't shipped as well, that's why I'm even checking this forum. Seeing the moderators say that it will be a couple more days is enough for me. It's obviously not for you, and that's cool, but sputtering and accusing people of being plants by management isn't going to do much for you, here or anywhere else in life.

Slow shipping, random products, and good customer service are the features here.

I've never had an issue with customer service through Woot, I've gotten coupons or refunds whenever appropriate, and sometimes when not. To hear how at least two or three people are sending email after email for over a week and not getting a single response is worrying.

I didn't start worrying about shipping until Friday, and I checked here and saw what I needed to see. You didn't. Just keep in mind, that just because you don't like something doesn't mean that every one else has to get mad about it as well, or that anyone who doesn't agree with you is ebil.

In the meantime, good luck in your shopping elsewhere. I've been happy with everything I've bought through Woot, frankly It's worth the shipping delay most times to save the money. Yes, I could get something shipped for free, but I couldn't get that item, at that price, shipped to me.

travisc77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages travisc77

I agree with Woodman, I've never had a big issue and didn't worry until after Friday (I ordered on 10/28). I sent an email this morning and expect a response in the next day.

I too have had some deliveries show up before I even get tracking info. It's a bit odd, but normally its worth it due to the savings. I buy a lot through Amazon and if I wanted his TV last week, I would have paid $25 more and ended up with a Sceptre brand. I think its worth it.

For larger items, I don't exactly like getting charged first and waiting 2 weeks for delivery. But that goes with the territory.

Travis

BeadingFool

Woodman668 wrote:If you consider this rude and attacking I'm sorry. Frankly, there have been several people freaking out on here about how much this sucks and how they will never buy anything here again and everything sucks.

I was a bit concerned about the fact that my TV hasn't shipped as well, that's why I'm even checking this forum. Seeing the moderators say that it will be a couple more days is enough for me. It's obviously not for you, and that's cool, but sputtering and accusing people of being plants by management isn't going to do much for you, here or anywhere else in life.

Slow shipping, random products, and good customer service are the features here.

I've never had an issue with customer service through Woot, I've gotten coupons or refunds whenever appropriate, and sometimes when not. To hear how at least two or three people are sending email after email for over a week and not getting a single response is worrying.

I didn't start worrying about shipping until Friday, and I checked here and saw what I needed to see. You didn't. Just keep in mind, that just because you don't like something doesn't mean that every one else has to get mad about it as well, or that anyone who doesn't agree with you is ebil.

In the meantime, good luck in your shopping elsewhere. I've been happy with everything I've bought through Woot, frankly It's worth the shipping delay most times to save the money. Yes, I could get something shipped for free, but I couldn't get that item, at that price, shipped to me.

Actually I don't want anyone else to agree with me or to be mad... but I am allowed to say what I want and I don't deserve to be harassed because I am not happy either...

and if you read back... this was my first woot... and I started asking about it on the 31st and was told to "wait 5 business days before asking again"... so i waited until Friday...

and I emailed customer service nicely asking for a delivery date, but got no response... so I came back here and saw others with similar issues...

then we were all put off by woot staff here and I was told that I would know by the next day... which - surprise! was a Saturday! so of course I would not hear anything then...

so another 3 day wait... and seriously, I have had no responses from customer service at all... until today - 8 days after the sale - when they said it "likely has shipped" !?

so excuse me for being so "impatient" and wanting it "now now now"... I think an 8 day wait for any shipping updates or a simple answer from customer service is a bit much...

If I had known that customer service would not answer my emails or that shipping was so extremely slow or that questions would not be answered... I definitely would have bought elsewhere...

and yes, I could buy the exact same TV elsewhere for about the same price give or take $10 and if I wasn't in a hurry and I was willing to spend the time online and look for a few days maybe even a better one.

I wish I had just done that now that I have had to waste so much time on this crap...

alwaysforgiven821

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alwaysforgiven821

I, too, ordered on 10/28. I, too, was hoping to see what the delivery date would be a day or two after the order. I am disappointed that I do not know.

I know, however, that I bought the item through a Deal-a-Day company that does their best to offer lower prices on quality products than anyone else. This comes at a cost to shipping time sometimes, however.

I also have never had a problem with customer services. The two times I requested a refund before the item shipped, I got it. They didn't always reply within a day, but that I understood. They are not as large a company as Amazon or Newegg and the like.

I look forward to receiving my TV. I wish I had it already, but am very glad I saved around $50+ dollars. If the money saved wasn't worth the wait to you, I'd suggest buying expensive electronics through another company. (I have free two-day shipping on Amazon. I I wanted it quickly, I'd buy there. For me, though, the money saved is well worth a two-week wait. More than that and I'll be sad.)

alwaysforgiven821

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alwaysforgiven821
BeadingFool wrote:
and yes, I could buy the exact same TV elsewhere for about the same price give or take $10 and if I wasn't in a hurry and I was willing to spend the time online and look for a few days maybe even a better one.

I wish I had just done that now that I have had to waste so much time on this crap...

Seriously? I searched for about an hour on the 28th for a similar or better deal, and found none. You must be the find-a-deal-that-no-one-else-can-god. Congrats.

Woodman668

"Actually I don't want anyone else to agree with me or to be mad... but I am allowed to say what I want and I don't deserve to be harassed because I am not happy either... "

Yes you are allowed to say whatever you would like, assuming you can take the consequences of your actions.

I was not intending to harass you at all, nor do I think most of the other people plan to harass you. We were trying to adjust your expectation level to the reality of a deal-a-day website. It's not my problem, or my job, to explain to you, or even worry about, your lack of responses to your satisfaction. I was trying to help out an individual that I thought was looking for answers.

Apparently you were just looking to vent. Which is cool, but if you just want to vent, then don't get mad when others try to help.

sehkmet

BeadingFool wrote:wow, really? So I see the woot customers are as rude as woot customer service is unresponsive... or are you even real customers? From what I can see you are far too happy to be attacking me, because I spoke up, but at least 10 other people who posted here are having the same problems and those are just the ones who have mentioned it here... I just wonder how many other people have not said anything because everyone here was being so rude to anyone who complained....

So if I have a problem, I should just keep it to myself and not post anything but woots praises on the boards? how nice for woot and how deceptive to potential first timers like myself...

My 'problem' is not what the item is... nor that it did not ship within a week...

My 'problem' is that woot customer service has not responded to my emails... or my eventual requests to cancel my order... and I have been continually put off by them here, and now I am being harassed for saying anything negative or even asking where my item is... as have been other people...

and it doesn't matter what the item is - a TV, or whatever - You don't know who I am or my circumstances, or where I live, or how important it may be for me to have a definite delivery date of some sort, but let me assure you that due to my personal circumstances I ordered a tv online as it was my only option... so blame me for wanting to get what I paid for in a timely manner, or at least to know when it will ship after waiting a week and hearing nothing...

and yes, saving money is important, but several companies would have shipped me an equivalent TV by now with free shipping and instant tracking information... unfortunately, I chose unwisely to give woot a chance because some people I know recommended it... perhaps woot should put some sort of warning label on the woot page that you should not buy from them unless you just want to gamble with your money and be abused if you dare to complain...

Pardon, but you're the one that hopped clean out of the gate with the negativity, stating your intention to never shop here again, how disgusted/disappointed you are with everything, demanding a refund, etc etc etc - I'm not 'abusing' you or 'badtalking' you.

I'm also completely in stitches over the notion of being a 'woot plant' - good grief, sir and/or madam, I've had my fair share of contact with Woot support: my first big-ticket Woot was a laptop that, alas, went defunct within a week of having it. Know what? I sent an email and had an email conversation with support representatives, and I got my refund in a nice, timely manner after shipping the product back. Support probably gets a kerbillion emails a day, plus spam filters like to eat them - but I got a response this afternoon to a query I sent this morning.

But I guess that's because I'm a Woot plant!!!!! (seriously? are you kidding? I am lol irl forever over this I just can't even stop funniest statement on the internet I've read today)

ps. to be clear? I'm waiting for the TV too. I'm not just sitting here whistling Dixie and posting on the internet - I'd like my goods as well.

By all means, though - you are fully entitled to voice your feelings on the matter (within the TOS naturally). Remember, though, so am I, and our opinions clearly differ; I'm attempting to remain respectful, but I really do have to say: you may want to be careful of using the word 'abuse' - you might offend someone.

cblazejak

Does anyone have any updates? I have heard nothing back from my emails?

travisc77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages travisc77
cblazejak wrote:Does anyone have any updates? I have heard nothing back from my emails?

I got this this afternoon....

Hi,
Your order has likely shipped. We are in the process of obtaining tracking now. Since we had these drop shipped, the tracking is not always readily available. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience.
Evan

Sent: Sun Nov 4 21:19:02 CST 2012
To: Service
Subject: Order 41956902.

This item hasn't shipped yet, can you please provide an update?

Thanks

justinables

quality posts: 2 Private Messages justinables

Hello Angry Mob,

Woot CS punching bag here.

Here's where we are with the TVs

1) They are being drop shipped from our vendor partner. What does this mean for you?
-Tracking usually takes a bit longer to get to you, but things generally ship within the timeframe we say.

2) This item was being shipped by a vendor that was affected by Hurricane Sandy. The TVs werent blown away to Oz, but shipping was delayed.

3) We just ( like 5 mins ago) received an email with confirmation that tracking should be going out soon. This wasnt tracking numbers, but just giving us a heads up that tracking is going out.

4) We are trying our best to give you as much info as we can. We dont want to over-promise and under-deliver, but we know you have an expectation of us as wonderful woot customers. We will try to keep the mods as informed as we can.

I will follow up when i know more.

Love,

Justin

jaidyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaidyn
justinables wrote:Hello Angry Mob,

1) They are being drop shipped from our vendor partner. What does this mean for you?
-Tracking usually takes a bit longer to get to you, but things generally ship within the timeframe we say.

2) This item was being shipped by a vendor that was affected by Hurricane Sandy. The TVs werent blown away to Oz, but shipping was delayed.

3) We just ( like 5 mins ago) received an email with confirmation that tracking should be going out soon. This wasnt tracking numbers, but just giving us a heads up that tracking is going out.

4) We are trying our best to give you as much info as we can. We dont want to over-promise and under-deliver, but we know you have an expectation of us as wonderful woot customers. We will try to keep the mods as informed as we can.

Love,

Justin

I'd like a refund if I can't get a tracking number by tomorrow. I asked for one via email, but no response.

sehkmet

Love,

Justin

Thank you for the heads-up. It's appreciated!

cblazejak

So happy that we now have some answers. Glad I checked here since CS couldn't give this to me in the email they just sent me.

cadpigjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cadpigjr

Love,

Justin

Thank you very much, that was what I was wanting, a 'why' and a 'what is happening to fix it' so I am a happy camper now

Ynot303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ynot303
justinables wrote:

You could have just said that in the first post and I would be alright with it. We just want answers. I'm wondering if we are going to get refurbished refurbished tv. The vendor is probably letting the tv dry then see if it powers up, that is why it's taking so long. I'm kidding or am I.

chrisdferrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisdferrell

Me too....nothing....its getting crazy.

chrisdferrell

Love,

Justin

If I do not have a tracking number by tomorrow I'm cancelling my order....no tracking number means it has most likely not shipped yet....tracking number is produced as soon as you ship...also support told me last Thursday it shipped...that is not true.

none24

quality posts: 0 Private Messages none24
chrisdferrell wrote:If I do not have a tracking number by tomorrow I'm cancelling my order....no tracking number means it has most likely not shipped yet....tracking number is produced as soon as you ship...also support told me last Thursday it shipped...that is not true.

All you snowflakes need to calm down. You got a great deal on a good TV. I've ordered from woot dozens of times and this is the longest I've ever had to wait on something. 65/66 woots on time is pretty good in my book.

It'll get here when it gets here. Woot is not a traditional online store, they can only offer the deals they have when an opportunity presents itself, sometimes things happen.

midnightslide

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midnightslide

Still no tracking info here. Received a reply from one of their support guys, on the sixth business day, telling me that it can take up to 5 business days to enter the "shipment phase". What a joke. It was clear that the CS rep didn't even bother to pull up my order before belting off some standard shipping banter.

"Hello midnightslide,

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

Unfortunately, we have not yet received the tracking information for this order from our vendor. Orders can take up to 5 business days to enter the shipment stage. Hopefully we should have the tracking details to send you within the next few days. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Woot Member Services"

Replied letting them know that it was unacceptable, and received a reply from a different CS rep this morning:

"Hi midnightslide,

We received word yesterday that this particular vendor was affected by Hurricane Sandy, hence the delay.

They stated that the shipping should begin soon.

I do apologize and thank you for your continued patience."

Hurricane or not, this is still a rather large delay. The lack of information surrounding this order until the 6th or 7th business day doesn't necessarily indicate that Woot gives a damn or has their feces together.

I really miss the old Woot, and the days where it really was just one deal every day. Seems like they tried to get too big too quickly, and their customer service is suffering as a result.

I'll probably just stick to shirt.woot orders in the future.

chrisdferrell

none24 wrote:All you snowflakes need to calm down. You got a great deal on a good TV. I've ordered from woot dozens of times and this is the longest I've ever had to wait on something. 65/66 woots on time is pretty good in my book.

It'll get here when it gets here. Woot is not a traditional online store, they can only offer the deals they have when an opportunity presents itself, sometimes things happen.

Has nothing to do with the amount of time for the product to be deliveried....its the total way woot handles customer service....yeah I only have 4 purchases, but this is my second account and before I may have only had 8 or 10.....but Woot.com has been something I check every morning since '07. At first I was mad about it, but now I'm not....I'm just sad about it cause I just will not buy from woot anymore....there customer support is just non-exsistent....they really just don't care...the couple of emails I've gotten back are just dismissive and don't even answer my questions....I like to spend my money with companies that value their customers....yes this is my first "bad woot" but I can't buy from them again...they don't care and they are even lying...I was told via email that it shipped last Thursday, not true. I understand that things happen outside of woot that are out ot their control...but they can control their customer service, but they do not care too.

chrisdferrell

none24 wrote:All you snowflakes need to calm down. You got a great deal on a good TV. I've ordered from woot dozens of times and this is the longest I've ever had to wait on something. 65/66 woots on time is pretty good in my book.

None24....do you work for woot?? They way in which your post is dismissive of my problems reminds me of the emails I get from woot customer support....just wondering.

chrisdferrell

midnightslide wrote:Still no tracking info here. Received a reply from one of their support guys, on the sixth business day, telling me that it can take up to 5 business days to enter the "shipment phase". What a joke. It was clear that the CS rep didn't even bother to pull up my order before belting off some standard shipping banter.

"Hello midnightslide,

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

Unfortunately, we have not yet received the tracking information for this order from our vendor. Orders can take up to 5 business days to enter the shipment stage. Hopefully we should have the tracking details to send you within the next few days. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Woot Member Services"

Replied letting them know that it was unacceptable, and received a reply from a different CS rep this morning:

"Hi midnightslide,

We received word yesterday that this particular vendor was affected by Hurricane Sandy, hence the delay.

They stated that the shipping should begin soon.

I do apologize and thank you for your continued patience."

Hurricane or not, this is still a rather large delay. The lack of information surrounding this order until the 6th or 7th business day doesn't necessarily indicate that Woot gives a damn or has their feces together.

I really miss the old Woot, and the days where it really was just one deal every day. Seems like they tried to get too big too quickly, and their customer service is suffering as a result.

I'll probably just stick to shirt.woot orders in the future.

I agree....too big too quick....I'll miss checking woot as my daily morning routine.

BeadingFool

Look... all we really wanted from the start was some real responses to our questions to CS when we asked them... and yes, we would still like some tracking info... this does not seem too much to ask from a company doing a large scale legitimate sales business online when we spent almost $200... even people selling from their kitchens in their underwear on ebay give better customer service than this...

Now it's been over a week and we still have no firm answers... I did get 2 responses from CS yesterday that said basically - maybe it has shipped, maybe not... but we don't know... and we can't find out, and either way, we can't stop it... so deal with it -

so, excuse me if you all think we are 'snowflakes' 'whiners' or whatever... but if this is this is "normal" for woot... I don't want any part of it...

Perhaps some of us just don't have your 'experience' with the sort of 'deal... when an opportunity presents itself'... and since I just don't usually do my shopping while skulking around behind unmarked warehouses, in the dark, with unseen people who don't actually have "the merchandise" but who take my money and give me assurances that my 'package' will magically arrive at my doorstep... eventually... yes, I am shocked at the lack of appropriate response from customer "service".

ya know, if it was a $20 pair of earbuds or a $10 flashlight, maybe we wouldn't all worry so much about getting no real answers from CS for over a week... no big deal... why worry...

No, perhaps we would not be worried at all, except that it is a rather large $200 box that could possibly just be the actual TV box that says exactly what it is right on it... and which may, or may not, show up on our doorsteps at any time on any day over a 2 - 3 week period, with no advance notice and when there may possibly be no one there to safely bring it inside out of the rain or prying eyes of passersby...

maybe some of us bought here because we are not so rich that a $200 TV being stolen off the front porch because no tracking is provided is no big deal.... to some of us that is a LOT of money to just leave on the doorstep for a few hours and trust people not to take it...

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
BeadingFool wrote:Look... all we really wanted from the start was some real responses to our questions to CS when we asked them... and yes, we would still like some tracking info... this does not seem too much to ask from a company doing a large scale legitimate sales business online when we spent almost $200... even people selling from their kitchens in their underwear on ebay give better customer service than this...

Now it's been over a week and we still have no firm answers... I did get 2 responses from CS yesterday that said basically - maybe it has shipped, maybe not... but we don't know... and we can't find out, and either way, we can't stop it... so deal with it -

so, excuse me if you all think we are 'snowflakes' 'whiners' or whatever... but if this is this is "normal" for woot... I don't want any part of it...

Perhaps some of us just don't have your 'experience' with the sort of 'deal... when an opportunity presents itself'... and since I just don't usually do my shopping while skulking around behind unmarked warehouses, in the dark, with unseen people who don't actually have "the merchandise" but who take my money and give me assurances that my 'package' will magically arrive at my doorstep... eventually... yes, I am shocked at the lack of appropriate response from customer "service".

ya know, if it was a $20 pair of earbuds or a $10 flashlight, maybe we wouldn't all worry so much about getting no real answers from CS for over a week... no big deal... why worry...

No, perhaps we would not be worried at all, except that it is a rather large $200 box that could possibly just be the actual TV box that says exactly what it is right on it... and which may, or may not, show up on our doorsteps at any time on any day over a 2 - 3 week period, with no advance notice and when there may possibly be no one there to safely bring it inside out of the rain or prying eyes of passersby...

maybe some of us bought here because we are not so rich that a $200 TV being stolen off the front porch because no tracking is provided is no big deal.... to some of us that is a LOT of money to just leave on the doorstep for a few hours and trust people not to take it...

We don't think you folks are special snowflakes: you're Wooters that have ordered from us and expect a reasonable amount of support for your purchase. Let me apologize for what looks like a lack of it.

We've been quiet here, because we know you're frustrated and didn't want to seem like we were just placating you. The truth is, shipping can be messy business, especially when we're working with other vendors. Someone doesn't upload the data, or time zones come into play, sometimes there are hurricanes, or just a glitch in the system.. Looking back over the email chain, it looks like a it may be a couple of those coming into play, especially Sandy.

I'm not in that part of the business, so I can't say what's up with 100% certainty, but I can tell you we are working with and waiting on vendors to make sure you get your orders and tracking information as soon as possible.

I can also tell you members of my team (the community folks) have met with customer support even today to discuss how we can improve communication and get vital information out to the customers.

The bad news is: we still don't have the data to give you. The good news is: we are working hard to get it for you. The support department is there to assist if you need to adjust your order. Again, my apologies.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

dreamyji21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreamyji21

"Unfortunately, we have not yet received the tracking information for this order from our vendor. Orders can take up to 5 business days to enter the shipment stage. Hopefully we should have the tracking details to send you within the next few days. We apologize for the incomvenience."

This is what I got on Monday. I've ordered it on 10/27! and no tracking number yet. I replied back to have them confirm me if the item AT LEAST was shipped...

BeadingFool

Gatzby wrote:We don't think you folks are special snowflakes: you're Wooters that have ordered from us and expect a reasonable amount of support for your purchase. Let me apologize for what looks like a lack of it.

We've been quiet here, because we know you're frustrated and didn't want to seem like we were just placating you. The truth is, shipping can be messy business, especially when we're working with other vendors. Someone doesn't upload the data, or time zones come into play, sometimes there are hurricanes, or just a glitch in the system.. Looking back over the email chain, it looks like a it may be a couple of those coming into play, especially Sandy.

I'm not in that part of the business, so I can't say what's up with 100% certainty, but I can tell you we are working with and waiting on vendors to make sure you get your orders and tracking information as soon as possible.

I can also tell you members of my team (the community folks) have met with customer support even today to discuss how we can improve communication and get vital information out to the customers.

The bad news is: we still don't have the data to give you. The good news is: we are working hard to get it for you. The support department is there to assist if you need to adjust your order. Again, my apologies.

Thank you for the sincere reply. I appreciate that you are now seriously looking into the situation, but what do you mean by "adjust" my order? I already did request that my order be cancelled and requested a refund last week but was told in the email I received from CS yesterday:

"In an effort to streamline our shipping process, orders are now processed to ship much faster. As a result, unfortunately, we are unable to alter or cancel your order. Please understand this does not necessarily mean your order has shipped but rather that it has reached the point in processing where it is unable to be cancelled.

We understand this is an inconvenience so please email us once the order is received and a prepaid return label will be emailed to you for the unopened order. "

so are other options are available now? Can you cancel it now?

cblazejak

I just want answers when i contact CS. I have sent four emails and each on says they don't have any information on my order. I had to come on here to at least hear that it may be delayed because of the hurricane. I ordered two other products from other online stores which are in that area and have only had one mishap, with a technical difficulty. Their CS was respectful and at least knew what was possibly going on. These other online items were purchased after my woot purchase and I am going to receive these items by the end of the week. With woot who knows when I will get it, if I will get it.

Woot CS needs a telephone number so people can voice their complaints or get their money back if they so wish to, because this email way is not working.

I really hope that this issue can be resolved soon. It is very sad because my whole family orders things from woot and have never had an issue. As many of people have said I feel this will be my last woot.

I agree with the response of $200 is a lot of money, and I need to know when its coming so it doesn't get stolen from my front porch.

Gatzby wrote:We don't think you folks are special snowflakes: you're Wooters that have ordered from us and expect a reasonable amount of support for your purchase. Let me apologize for what looks like a lack of it.

ultrevex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ultrevex

Losing last week due to the storm is completely understandable( at least for any adult with half a brain). Woot's inability to confirm ANYTHING from their vendor this week? Unacceptable.