brice500

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brice500

Mine still says awaiting shipping.

secretagentjojo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages secretagentjojo

We might not be in Kansas but my TV is. It also started in the "hurricane effected" Texas. Should be here tomorrow, that is if a Typhon doesn't hit Kansas tonight and wash it back out to sea.

BeadingFool wrote:well "Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"....

Now mine seems to have been picked up by a twister or something from that hurricane in the North East and blown all the way to Mesquite TX and ... Oh my! no doubt powered by flying monkeys it has landed on a UPS truck that somehow will arrive here by the "end of days" on Friday...

IT'S a MIRACLE Auntie Em!

not :-(

cadpigjr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cadpigjr
secretagentjojo wrote:We might not be in Kansas but my TV is. It also started in the "hurricane effected" Texas. Should be here tomorrow, that is if a Typhon doesn't hit Kansas tonight and wash it back out to sea.

I said earlier, a gentle breeze in Kansas or snow in Alaska is going to affect us, now you are jinxing it!

BeadingFool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BeadingFool

I am still not a happy camper, sure supposedly I will have my TV tomorrow, (I will believe it when I see it arrive), but they have lied to us repeatedly... as customers who pay their salaries and ensure their continued existence we deserved better than the lies, BS and run around they gave us :-(

sehkmet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sehkmet

It's always possible that the vendor had to use a different warehouse to get their product out after getting access to their hurricane-effected warehouse - or to try and satisfy the cries for blood. Just a thought, but hey, I could be wrong. Logistics is a funny business and I don't know enough about it to say for certain.

Seriously, I'm waiting for the TV too (shipped from TX, going to western NY). I'm glad to get a tracking number at last. No, the entire situation wasn't handled in an optimal way, but to see people screaming profanities and constantly complaining reminds me why I shouldn't ever check website forums, or comments on news sites or YouTube. The general lack of basic decency being displayed is pretty disgusting.

Thanks for the life lesson! Deeply appreciated!

jackmcdowell

quality posts: 18 Private Messages jackmcdowell

What bothers me is that for $20 extra dollars we could have had today's woot which is 1080p, and for $70 more we could have had a 37" TV... but Woot wasn't allowing people to cancel orders... :/

BeadingFool

sehkmet wrote:It's always possible that the vendor had to use a different warehouse to get their product out after getting access to their hurricane-effected warehouse - or to try and satisfy the cries for blood. Just a thought, but hey, I could be wrong. Logistics is a funny business and I don't know enough about it to say for certain.

Seriously, I'm waiting for the TV too (shipped from TX, going to western NY). I'm glad to get a tracking number at last. No, the entire situation wasn't handled in an optimal way, but to see people screaming profanities and constantly complaining reminds me why I shouldn't ever check website forums, or comments on news sites or YouTube. The general lack of basic decency being displayed is pretty disgusting.

Thanks for the life lesson! Deeply appreciated!

Really? Obviously you have not been paying attention...

This was never about logistics or the vendor or the storm... or even a delay of a day or a week... all we asked for - all we really wanted - was some tracking information so we could plan our lives around a delivery date... but we were told to wait 5 business days before even asking customer service... so we waited 5 days and we emailed customer service and since it was the weekend by then, they took 3 more days to answer us... but by then we were told we could not cancel our orders because, we were told, that they had already been shipped... last week...

We were told in emails from woot customer service that the TVs had already shipped from the North East... last week...

and we were told that no tracking information could be provided, possibly even before they were delivered to us...

So the ensuing panic was about the lack of customer service and the lies and misdirection of woot... not about the TVs the storm or the vendor...

The only life lesson here is that if woot is going to sell more than $2 widgets they better get their act together... and since I see they are selling even more TVs today and on more than one selling venue... they had also better work on their customer service... because lying to their customers repeatedly in a public forum is a BIG mistake for a company that already has an F rating at the BBB.

One properly phrased email last week explaining the situation truthfully could have stopped all of this and made even the most unhappy of us become happy repeat customers instead of angry dissenters with metaphorical pitchforks...

but if you chose to believe their lies then I should be getting a second TV - the one that I was told had already been shipped from the NortheEast vendor with no tracking info last week - as well as the one they say now I will receive tomorrow that was shipped from TX yeaterday...

I am not holding my breath on that...

BeadingFool

jackmcdowell wrote:What bothers me is that for $20 extra dollars we could have had today's woot which is 1080p, and for $70 more we could have had a 37" TV... but Woot wasn't allowing people to cancel orders... :/

yes.... I was even more unhappy when I saw those nicer TVs in my email immediately next to the email that said 'hey we found that TV you wanted to cancel last week and went ahead and shipped it to you anyway"

dreamyji21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreamyji21

Yes, woot lied to us. Mine is also from Texas, via New Mexico, Colorado, Iowa and Minnesota next week.
This is bad Woot. Now I'm really mad.

cadpigjr

quiet for 19+ hours, I wonder if some people have started getting their boxes yet. Mine is still in a truck traversing across a few states.

Ynot303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ynot303
cadpigjr wrote:quiet for 19+ hours, I wonder if some people have started getting their boxes yet. Mine is still in a truck traversing across a few states.

Yes, I got mine today, missed a delivery yesterday so UPS re-delivered today. My wife signed for it this morning. I am still at work so I have not seen it yet.

ultrevex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ultrevex

Woot emailed me at 3:47 today with tracking info. UPS shows it was delivered today at 3:02. A comedy of errors.

Like others, my first Woot purchase will be my last, at least for anything over $20. Sayonara, dummies.

cadpigjr

Ynot303 wrote:Yes, I got mine today, missed a delivery yesterday so UPS re-delivered today. My wife signed for it this morning. I am still at work so I have not seen it yet.

I hope it is awesome and worth the hassle and wait.

Glad I work from home, I know SOMEONE can answer the door weekdays. mine shows still should see me monday.

timhomework04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timhomework04

Just received email from woot. Everyone should check mailbox. Thank you woot. You do love me.

smccull1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages smccull1
timhomework04 wrote:Just received email from woot. Everyone should check mailbox. Thank you woot. You do love me.

I agree. Woot just proved to me they do care about their customers. Thanks Woot!

buoux

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buoux

Just received my TVs a moment ago (4:15p, 11/09/12) and yeah, it took a while for them to get here but I'm OK with it. Gonna de-box them and replace my two 90+ pound CRTs with these (light & fluffy) LCDs.

buoux

Ynot303

cadpigjr wrote:I hope it is awesome and worth the hassle and wait.

Glad I work from home, I know SOMEONE can answer the door weekdays. mine shows still should see me monday.

I had that hope too but unfortunately. Woot send me a defective TV. It makes crazy screeching noice and the volume turns off by itself which if I look at it on the bright side, it shuts off that horrible screeching noice. Man this really sucks. A long wait for a defective tv, now I am scared if they will take it back. Sounds like Woot doesn't really like to do refunds. Now I wonder if I will have to spend my own money to send it back. That's if they will take it back. What a mess.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Ynot303 wrote:I had that hope too but unfortunately. Woot send me a defective TV. It makes crazy screeching noice and the volume turns off by itself which if I look at it on the bright side, it shuts off that horrible screeching noice. Man this really sucks. A long wait for a defective tv, now I am scared if they will take it back. Sounds like Woot doesn't really like to do refunds. Now I wonder if I will have to spend my own money to send it back. That's if they will take it back. What a mess.

Sorry for the problems. Contact support@woot.com and they'll get back to you with some options.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Ynot303

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems. Contact support@woot.com and they'll get back to you with some options.

Thanks for the quick reply.

cadpigjr

Well we got our box last night, tried it out, works just fine! only minor complaint I had was the remote did not come with batteries.... fortunately the tv we were replacing also used AAA's so we just swiped those.

And the gifty back email with the discount definitely makes up for the fun of this, I return to being a happy camper 100%

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

cadpigjr wrote:Well we got our box last night, tried it out, works just fine! only minor complaint I had was the remote did not come with batteries.... fortunately the tv we were replacing also used AAA's so we just swiped those.

And the gifty back email with the discount definitely makes up for the fun of this, I return to being a happy camper 100%

...and that makes us happy campers.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

taylor810

quality posts: 0 Private Messages taylor810

Is anyone else having sound problems? Mine sounds really muffled like the speakers are rattling around and all distorted. I've played with all the settings and even hooked it up in a different room. I can't find any issues like this on Google.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

taylor810 wrote:Is anyone else having sound problems? Mine sounds really muffled like the speakers are rattling around and all distorted. I've played with all the settings and even hooked it up in a different room. I can't find any issues like this on Google.

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing sound issues with your TV. We recommend that you contact Philips Support to see if they can help remedy the issue.

If they prove unsuccessful, please feel free to email us at support@woot.com an they'll be glad to assist you as well.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

sehkmet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sehkmet

Got our TV today - everything works well, the sound seems to be pretty great, and after some minor tweaking got our Wii and 360 working with it.

There's some minor cosmetic pock-marks on the upper frame, but it's not enough for me to really be unhappy about. Glad it's here, though, and that support was kind enough with the coupon!

igdi11m

quality posts: 0 Private Messages igdi11m

Just got this after a 2 week wait - plugged it in - didn't work. Very disappointed.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
igdi11m wrote:Just got this after a 2 week wait - plugged it in - didn't work. Very disappointed.

Hi there, if your item arrived DOA, please contact support@woot.com for options and assistance.

sehkmet wrote:Got our TV today - everything works well, the sound seems to be pretty great, and after some minor tweaking got our Wii and 360 working with it.

There's some minor cosmetic pock-marks on the upper frame, but it's not enough for me to really be unhappy about. Glad it's here, though, and that support was kind enough with the coupon!

This is good news, thanks for checking in!

I'm just hanging out, really.

brice500

Finally got mine today (11/14). I decided to give it a try. No remote.

This will be my last purchase with Woot.

ROGETRAY

Staff

brice500 wrote:Finally got mine today (11/14). I decided to give it a try. No remote.

This will be my last purchase with Woot.

Sorry to hear that your order is missing a remote.

Please email Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to help you out.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

brice500

ROGETRAY wrote:Sorry to hear that your order is missing a remote.

Please email Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to help you out.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

I've emailed twice since 11/14. No answer.
I'm extremely frustrated.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

brice500 wrote:I've emailed twice since 11/14. No answer.
I'm extremely frustrated.

I'll ping them from this end. Be sure to check your spam folder though. We end up there quite a bit.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

brice500

ThunderThighs wrote:I'll ping them from this end. Be sure to check your spam folder though. We end up there quite a bit.

Nothing in my spam.

brice500

ThunderThighs wrote:I'll ping them from this end. Be sure to check your spam folder though. We end up there quite a bit.

I've sent my third email.

lisa422

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisa422

My tv arrived without a remote also. I've emailed 3 times and still don't have a remote. This is getting pretty crazy. Still can't use the tv!

jombi21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jombi21
lisa422 wrote:My tv arrived without a remote also. I've emailed 3 times and still don't have a remote. This is getting pretty crazy. Still can't use the tv!

I have no remote either - why aren't they responding. This isn't like Woot! I want justice! r just an response.

ROGETRAY

Staff

lisa422 wrote:My tv arrived without a remote also. I've emailed 3 times and still don't have a remote. This is getting pretty crazy. Still can't use the tv!

jombi21 wrote:I have no remote either - why aren't they responding. This isn't like Woot! I want justice! r just an response.

Sorry to hear that both of you are missing an accessory and haven't heard back from Member Services.

I've personally forwarded both of your issues onto Member Services to see if I can get an answer.

Thank you for your patience while they try and resolve this matter.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

lisa422

I still haven't heard anything from woot about the remote. I ordered the tv over a month ago. Worst customer service ever!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
lisa422 wrote:I still haven't heard anything from woot about the remote. I ordered the tv over a month ago. Worst customer service ever!

Hi lisa422,
I see my trusty comrade forwarded your issue already, but we'll see what we can find out. Thank you for hanging in there, we really appreciate your patience.

I'm just hanging out, really.

drummerdks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drummerdks

I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but I'm having issues hearing any audio when playing a dvd in my xbox on this TV.

Anyone have any clue about that?

UPDATE: Turns out the 360 was just set to a pixel x pixel display resolution as opposed to the designated 720p setting. Just switched it over and got the audio in just fine.

lisa422

I still don't have a remote!

vincegolf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vincegolf

So, the TV has been fine - and it was great that Woot sent their little mea-culpa note with the $20 "we love you" credit.
Fast forward 3 months from this note, when I try to use it: "code not recognized" - and then Woot support says the code expired.

gggrrrr.....