WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Just how is it that coffee machines are refurbished? Why there are sometimes residual coffee grounds in refurbished machines? And what's a "bean hopper?" (Some kind of moth larva, right?)

These questions percolate through our forums with some regularity, so we sent our intrepid Podcast Team out to Seattle Coffee Gear to uncover the answers in this, the seventh video in our "How Woot Works" series.

Just so you know, we authorized the Podcast Team to use any interrogation techniques necessary to find this stuff out, no matter how extreme. Fortunately for everyone, all they had to do was ask Seattle Coffee Gear's Gail Williams nicely, and she explained everything. Thanks, Gail!

curtise

quality posts: 20 Private Messages curtise

I have to say that, while I appreciate the hard work Gail and her team do, I think I preferred not knowing how it was done, and believing that my refurbished products were somehow being technologically scoured by nanites or magically sanitised by leprechauns and a unicorn...
Oh well, what has been seen can never be unseen... But I can still imagine that for EVERY OTHER woot product that is refurbished, it is a totally different methodology, possibly involving brimstone, flying screaming monkeys, and a pointy hat.
-=C=-

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew

If this gives you any degree of heebie-jeebies, you probably don't even want to know where your NEW products come from.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

matthew wrote:If this gives you any degree of heebie-jeebies, you probably don't even want to know where your NEW products come from.

Wash before using comes to mind....

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

acewingman

quality posts: 6 Private Messages acewingman

And yet I still get the machines that do not work and have to be sent back with no replacement.

Kasona

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Kasona

That was pretty cool! These "how woot works" videos just might be my favorite ones!
(Sorry, Mortimer & Monte, I love you guys too!!)

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Love the how woot works videos guys! keep em coming!

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1

Frrrpt @ 3:20!

matthew

quality posts: 20 Private Messages matthew
bsmith1 wrote:Frrrpt

Man, every time I shifted my weight up there, the floor made this noise. I could tell it was going to be irritating. You can hear it over and over in this video.

(Or else that's my cover story, and I shouldn't have gone straight to the shoot from my lunch at the six-dollar Bottomless Broccoli Buffet.)

robertsho1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertsho1

I have a higher appreciation for refurbished coffee machines now. I never knew the thourough evaluation that was performed until now. Before the wootcast, I would avoide a refurb unit, but after seeing the podcast, I'll have no concerns purchasing one in the future. Thanks Woot!

tpfortin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tpfortin
curtise wrote:I have to say that, while I appreciate the hard work Gail and her team do, I think I preferred not knowing how it was done, and believing that my refurbished products were somehow being technologically scoured by nanites or magically sanitised by leprechauns and a unicorn...
Oh well, what has been seen can never be unseen... But I can still imagine that for EVERY OTHER woot product that is refurbished, it is a totally different methodology, possibly involving brimstone, flying screaming monkeys, and a pointy hat.
-=C=-

I'm 99% sure that Gail IS a unicorn, so I don't understand your comment.

akivaj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akivaj

"We take them out of the box"

-Super Crochety.

tweeber69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tweeber69

You should definitely make more of these videos. :-)