3%
4%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Pioneer 7.1CH 3D Ready A/V Receiver
$249.99 + $5 Standard OR $22 Two-Day OR $25 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

hippie19

quality posts: 23 Private Messages hippie19

No built in phono preamp. (I'm probably the only one that wants optical audio input, hdmi, 3d and still use my turntables.)

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
hippie19 wrote:No built in phono preamp. (I'm probably the only one that wants optical audio input, hdmi, 3d and still use my turntables.)

Easily correctible isn't it?

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
speedoo wrote:Easily correctible isn't it?

Yes. Read all about phono preamps.

There are tons of inexpensive ones available.

redeye1612

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redeye1612

I'm in need of a quality receiver, yet I'm not very savvy when it comes to the tech. Anyone have this and/or would you recommend it?

DigMe

quality posts: 23 Private Messages DigMe

Meh.. Cnet says the sound quality is disappointing. That scares me off.

http://reviews.cnet.com/av-receivers/pioneer-vsx-1022-k/4505-6466_7-35163428.html

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
redeye1612 wrote:I'm in need of a quality receiver, yet I'm not very savvy when it comes to the tech. Anyone have this and/or would you recommend it?

When it comes to receivers and quality it can be very relative. There are audiophiles out there that would consider anything under several thousand dollars inferior.

If you mean quality as per how well its built or how long it lasts my experience is that they all last a long time, they are usually outdated with features before the break.

This particular receiver is VERY feature packed for the price like the ability to play the FLAC lossless codec over the network feature, airplay, and more.

Here is Cnet's reivew.

ki4rxm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ki4rxm

Price is $299 over at Newegg. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882117410

Seems like this is a pretty good deal to me.. I was looking not too long ago at a 5.1 channel for the same price. And it's not even a refurb.

From CNET: "The bottom line: The Pioneer VSX-1022-K's combination of six HDMI inputs and AirPlay looks good from afar, but this AV receiver is only worth considering if you can find it heavily discounted." Looks like they'd give this one a thumbs-up at this price.

Nickinaround

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Nickinaround

Here it is on Newegg and the 36 customer reviews with it....Newegg Customer Reviews

haveabigjohnson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haveabigjohnson
hippie19 wrote:No built in phono preamp. (I'm probably the only one that wants optical audio input, hdmi, 3d and still use my turntables.)

No, you are not alone. It also does not have 5.1 analog inputs for those of us that still listen to DVD-Audio. Other than this I would buy it. This is a great buy and if you do not need this feature then buy it!

danhmiller

quality posts: 3 Private Messages danhmiller

Bought one a month ago for $333.

Good:
Network capability - stream music from itunes & smartphones.

Pandora radio is nice.

Sounds good.

Many hdmi inputs.

FM sounds great.

Video upconversion.

Bad:
TERRIBLE user interface for network functions (practically unusable).

Only 1 toslink digital optical port.

Bluetooth is an extra $60 chip. Required for coolest features like the jukebox thing that I thought I could use.

Takes ~15 secondss to turn on.

Each video input is paired to an audio input & cant toggle (cant use radio & tv simultaneously)

Front panel buttons are useless.

Remote is poorly designed.

No phono for you hipsters.

Bottom line: Pioneer, have you tried using this before you released it??... w t f? but airplay is sweet.

jacobrd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jacobrd

bought the 1021-k for $289 new on woot almost a year ago:
http://www.woot.com/offers/pioneer-7-1-channel-a-v-receiver-with-airplay

not sure how much better/worse this model is from the 1021 but I can attest that the 1021 sounds loud and clear in our media room and is packed with all of the same features as the 1022.. ive got the 1021 hooked up to infiniti reference main towers, interlude center and klipsch satellites .. there was plenty of power to spare to push 5.1 or 7.1 surround. The clarity of DTS master HD and Dolby true HD sound amazes me. HDMI switching works well with a little tweaking through the GUI.. not sure about that 15 second start up time, its more like 5 seconds

alanhoyle

quality posts: 2 Private Messages alanhoyle

I also bought a 1021k last year and it works great. My only complaint is that it's AirPlay support only does audio. Does this one do video over AirPlay?

tgspec

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tgspec

Read the reviews. When the best thing people like CNET can say is, "...only worth considering if you can find it heavily discounted", you may be setting yourself up for disappointment on this one.

On the other hand - $249 is what they would consider heavily discounted.

shackrock

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shackrock

I have this, bought it for around 300.

I'm happy with the purchase:

Airplay works great, just like any other airplay device. Pandora and any other network function is complete crap though, so don't buy it for that!

It operates well for audio, no complaints and sounds great on 5.1 and 2.0 audio.

I've had some issues with HDMI coming from a computer (mac mini has huge issues, zotac zbox ad10 is basically good to go with it after some tweaking). It's many of the same receiver issues you'll find with computers and ANY receiver. I can just vouch for it on this one though...

harveyfay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harveyfay
theguruguys wrote:Yes. Read all about phono preamps.

There are tons of inexpensive ones available.

Maybe so, but all referenced in the Amazon post are out of stock.

gak0090

quality posts: 79 Private Messages gak0090

I am with you on this. I am not a big fan of the pre-amps post market that you get, because it seems that no matter how they are grounded, there is always a humm of interference picked up. Considering how much junk is on this receiver, I think that the cost of throwing a magnetic cartridge phono input would be compensated by the increased sales it would generate.

yosemitemtb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yosemitemtb

Don't feel so special! The first thing I did was check for a preamp

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

PRICE COMPARISONS & REVIEWS

Newegg.com (New) = $299.99 Free Shipping and 33 reviews - average 4 out of 5 stars.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882117410

B&H (New) = $449.99 S&H variable ($22.50 to NC) 2 reviews average 1 1/2 out of 5.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/851934-REG/Pioneer_VSX_1022_K_VSX_1022_K_7_1_Channel_3D_Ready.html

AMAZON (New) = $330.00 + (unk) S&H + 8 reviews, average 4 1/4 out of 5.
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-VSX-1022-K-7-Channel-Receiver-Network/dp/B007O5ATC8

TODAY'S WOOT (New) = $249.99 + $5 S&H. Seems to be best deal on the web.

tmvijai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tmvijai

I am trying to find a good reciever for my new home which has speakers on multiple rooms. I checked out the specs on this one and it has almost everything except multi room/source capability. Is it a big NO NO for connecting home theatre system with multi room/source output?

jharp29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jharp29

I have the 1021. My main issue is with listening to music. There is only user adjustable EQ in stereo mode (just the 2 front channels) and then only bass and treble control buried deep in the menus with limited gain control. Bottom line is I use the knob on the back of my sub to control bass level -- very poor design. I miss knobs on the fron of a receiver. Not a great music receiver.

For surround mode, you can only choose presents: action/ drama/ etc.

tc1uscg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tc1uscg

Kinda sick and tired of all these devices catering to Apple or iSomethings. The world isn't going to run on your iPad, iPhone or iPod so how about just making a device that accepts blue tooth commands or links to your device rather it's iphone or android and let consumers buy without having to worry if it's going to sync with iTunes or Google play or whatever. But for now, I'll live with my Yamaha RX-V2600 from . It might be old but it does everything except mates and has babies with iWhatever. Just saying.

TC1 USCG Ret

chevz71525

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chevz71525

Is there really no audio jack except the Ipod jack.....hate the fact that everyone is catering to Apple!

scb71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scb71

I have the 1020 and am very pleased with it. Numbers can be misleading though as the 1020 has some better features and I did not do a thorough side by side. The 1020 is still more expensive though and mine has multi-room whereas this one does not apparently. I was thinking of buying this but I require multi-room in my equipment purchases.

mike808

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mike808

I have the 1021k from woot. Network setup is a pain, but I prefer using airplay and Airfoil with a Windows PC. Streams dlna too. And I have the android app for my phone. The separate multi-room feature is nice too. Only drawback for me is that I don't have a powered sub and haven't figured out quite how to get that setup right.
The self-eq is sweet - set it and forget it. And the remote was programmable for the tv and bd player. Can't replace the Uverse remote, but apparently that's not a pioneer problem. It has a learning mode so I might be able to do it, but haven't taken the time to program each button.

Thumbs up and the 1022 is different from the 1021 in that they used a lighter (less costly/capable) amp to make the 1022 more a value line than the elite line. The 1021 was competing the elite line on features and shared the same amp/circuit boards. So they 'dumbed down' and cheapened the components to keep the price down and not compete with the elite line.

Worth the 299 I paid for the 1021. So thumbs up on 249 for the 1022.

rshaker2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rshaker2

I bought one last time and everything worked great for 10months then one channel blew out. Pioneer wants me to take it to a company 1.5 hours away and leave it for repair. Thanks but no thanks.

steve6611

quality posts: 1 Private Messages steve6611
tmvijai wrote:I am trying to find a good reciever for my new home which has speakers on multiple rooms. I checked out the specs on this one and it has almost everything except multi room/source capability. Is it a big NO NO for connecting home theatre system with multi room/source output?

Unfortunately, the 1022 is not what you're looking for. I bought the 1021 last year from woot, and it does have Zone 1/Zone 2 capability (allowing two different sources to be played at the same time on different speakers). While the 1022 has A/B speaker switching, you have to move up in price to the 1122 to get Zone 1/Zone 2 capability (the 1222 has triple zone capability).

For what it's worth, I'm in for one. I have the 1021 in my basement, and it's been a great receiver--I especially like the internet radio! I've been looking for a decent 2nd receiver for my bedroom. Since I don't need dual-zone capability, this is a great buy!

cjmoran

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cjmoran

I've owned the VSX-822 for a couple of years now and it's awesome. For $249, I'd say this is an outright steal of a deal.

theguruguys wrote:When it comes to receivers and quality it can be very relative. There are audiophiles out there that would consider anything under several thousand dollars inferior.

If you mean quality as per how well its built or how long it lasts my experience is that they all last a long time, they are usually outdated with features before the break.

This particular receiver is VERY feature packed for the price like the ability to play the FLAC lossless codec over the network feature, airplay, and more.

Here is Cnet's reivew.

Rock

duscal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages duscal

I have the 1021 K from last year. It's a good receiver, but if you are an Android user the wireless streaming of music is pretty glitchy. Usually will only work for a song or two before freezing. I also have an old iPhone I use with it, and the AirPlay works great. Instant response time, and the tracks continue to play without any interruption. Be aware that Pioneer doesn't update their apps to control the receiver for Android or iPhone though. Each year or so they just release a new app that drops support for the previous years receivers. That was a major disappointment for me. Their app that supports the 1021-K crashes on the new Android ICS OS, but I have figured out which options kill it so I can get it to continue to work well enough. Still pretty upset that Pioneer drops support for customers from only a year ago...

ProppaT

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ProppaT

For all you concerned about the sound quality, you have to realize this is a home theater receiver, not an integrated amp designed for music. You can listen to music with the amp and you may or may not be pleased with the quality of the audio, but until you get to high end surround receivers the stereo sound leaves a bit to be desired.

In fact, I'll go so far as to say you can probably find an old integrated amp from the 70s on Craigslist for $50 or less that will sound amazing and have a better phono pre-amp built in than you'll find in any of these $50 or less add-on pre-amps. You know, if music is your thing.

It's rough, you can have awesome sound and you have have awesome surround, but you can rarely have them in the same receiver unless you're willing to spot a LOT of money.

Raydr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raydr

Hmm. Want.

Who do I have to suck up to to get one of these for my birthday?

cletus_

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cletus_

I was just about to click the buy button when I realized this thing doesn't actually have built-in Wifi. Even though Airplay has the word "Air" right in its name, Pioneer expects you to plug this thing into your network via Ethernet. I'll pass.

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity

This probably has much better sound quality than my current unit, the "Alarm Clock Radio"

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
tc1uscg wrote:Kinda sick and tired of all these devices catering to Apple or iSomethings. The world isn't going to run on your iPad, iPhone or iPod so how about just making a device that accepts blue tooth commands or links to your device rather it's iphone or android and let consumers buy without having to worry if it's going to sync with iTunes or Google play or whatever. But for now, I'll live with my Yamaha RX-V2600 from . It might be old but it does everything except mates and has babies with iWhatever. Just saying.

Oh, look. Yet another freaking Apple hater on woot! I guess you didn't read the part about it being DLNA ready, which is the main competitor for Airplay. Or bluetooth. So I guess it does just what you want, but you still want to rant on something that has nothing to do with this discussion.

Useful people, aren't they wonderful.

chevz71525 wrote:Is there really no audio jack except the Ipod jack.....hate the fact that everyone is catering to Apple!

And another. Are you incapable of reading the text? Maybe you should look at the pictures. woot! does make it pretty darn easy to find out what their products do. Here: 3 analog audio, 2 digital audio, and every HDMI input is also an audio input. Oh, and the ethernet, of course.

Spiky

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Spiky
cletus_ wrote:I was just about to click the buy button when I realized this thing doesn't actually have built-in Wifi. Even though Airplay has the word "Air" right in its name, Pioneer expects you to plug this thing into your network via Ethernet. I'll pass.

Almost none of them do, actually. Whenever an AVR talks about wifi or bluetooth, you better read the fine print. It is usually with an add-on wireless adapter, just like this one.

k9alliance

quality posts: 1 Private Messages k9alliance

Sorry if this has been covered, but is it new or a refurb?

realistik

quality posts: 4 Private Messages realistik
k9alliance wrote:Sorry if this has been covered, but is it new or a refurb?

Under the description it is listed as new.

Dave

tomprodehl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomprodehl

So, when Woot! uses sex in a clever amusing fashion, its okay, but when Samsung does so its

Badvertising: Does Samsung Really Want You to Make a Sex Tape?

http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5223628&pageindex=1&replycount=22