skippyputz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages skippyputz
eatshawn wrote:http://headsetgamer.com/2012/09/ear-force-px5-vs-xp500

Thanks!

For those that are wondering, the PX5 is red, the XP500 is green in their accent colors.

The PX5 has a wired xbox360 chat cable, the XP500 has a bluetooth adapter for the xbox360. Both work bluetooth to the PS3.

All info from the linked website above!

scionyde

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scionyde

I've mostly bought dirt cheap headsets in the past, but I'm considering getting the X12 for my PC. However, I don't know how I feel about having to use up a USB port for it.

So are these worth getting if I'm purely a PC gamer?

shabazz18

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shabazz18

Got tired of reading comments, so if this has been said great, but otherwise, here it is. The PX5 and XP500 are essentially the same set but the XP500 has a little extra bluetooth dongle for the Xbox controller. So if you have a PS3, buy the PX5, if you have Xbox, get the XP500. I'm upgrading from the X41s to the XP500s thanks to this deal. I'm tired of pausing to answering my GFs phone calls in the middle of a borderlands session, or worse yet, a MW3 match. The bluetooth functionality sounds amazing.

fxu2989

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fxu2989

So, to anybody that has bought one, has it shipped out to you yet?

I bought the x12 on November 1 and it's still on awaiting shipping. I'm guessing that it won't get shipped till Monday now

I was hoping to have it here by midweek next week.

lopgan121

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lopgan121
fxu2989 wrote:So, to anybody that has bought one, has it shipped out to you yet?

I bought the x12 on November 1 and it's still on awaiting shipping. I'm guessing that it won't get shipped till Monday now

I was hoping to have it here by midweek next week.

I bought the XP500 on the day this was announced and it was shipped via FedEX the same day. It says I should have it on Monday, hurray.
If you bought it two days ago, I would called Woot and tell them. Possibly, your order wasn't processed correctly? I have no idea, just ask them.

Lkmefoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lkmefoy

I just had to say I am really loving my X12s! Purchased mine on 10/31 and FedEx just delivered them today (Nov 3). However, for anyone checking their order status my account still shows they have not yet shipped.

Additionally, for anyone who is on the fence about this deal I highly recommend it. My X12s appear brand new - I can't find a single flaw on them. (The only indication of these being recertified is the label on the box.) I was using a pair of Sennheiser HD 202s for gaming on my pc and had no idea what I was missing!!!

mikekc82

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikekc82

I just got the xp500s this afternoon. I was a little worried about refurb, but they look like brand new.

My only complaint is that it said it came with an adapter to plug into controller for wireless chat. There is no dongle. Says on the box that it is included, didn't even come with a wire for it. Only comes with Headphones, transmitter (base), optical audio cable, power usb cable, and another usb cable.

Only reason I wanted these was for the wireless from my controller to my headset.

I sent support an email, but this is my first time on woot and not sure how they will handle this.

Any help is much appreciated.

scp89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scp89

clearly shows and states the bluetooth dongle/adapter/puck as its called is included. I ordered the xp500's too...and if it does not have it - i will be upset and returning. I'm sure yours was a mistake and will be taken care of - but keep us posted

nicholascluts

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nicholascluts
Yoshi1hero wrote:Hey I am wondering as to what I should get. I am currently using croodfades in general whenever I listen to anything however, I would like to pick up a pair of serious gaming headphones. I would like to be able to use them for the pc and the xbox 360. I usually take my headphones with me everywhere I go so they need to be durable. Any ideas on which ones I should get?
(http://v-moda.com/crossfade-lp/ what I am currently using)

When I was playing on Circut tournaments we used a Astro Mix Amp with a very high quality headset. You will be in 300$ range but if you are serious about having the best advantage in sound I would go that way. There are lots of information on this. If you want simple, Triton makes good stuff that is very accurate sound. The 720's are best bang for buck. Turtle beach is mostly "simulated" 5.1 from 2 stereo speakers. Triton has true surround.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Someone posted this earlier, but my biggest issue with these is that they are not very sturdy. I have a pair of the PX21's (not offered here) and one of the ears totally snapped off at the point where the earpiece rotates from the center connector. I loved the sound on these things and they are significantly better than cheaper headsets I have tried, but after mine broke (lasted through 9 months of use, but over a year from purchase so no longer under warranty) I looked closely at all of the Turtle Beach headsets and all of the earphones are attached in the same exactly manner as the PX21's and I will not buy another pair for fear of the same flaw.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

squatchy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages squatchy

Can anyone comment on static background hiss with these headsets? I bought a pair of the X11's off of Woot a while back, but had to return them because the background hiss was horrible and distracting anytime there wasn't prominent louder sound being played.

mikekc82

mikekc82 wrote:I just got the xp500s this afternoon. I was a little worried about refurb, but they look like brand new.

My only complaint is that it said it came with an adapter to plug into controller for wireless chat. There is no dongle. Says on the box that it is included, didn't even come with a wire for it. Only comes with Headphones, transmitter (base), optical audio cable, power usb cable, and another usb cable.

Only reason I wanted these was for the wireless from my controller to my headset.

I sent support an email, but this is my first time on woot and not sure how they will handle this.

Any help is much appreciated.

I just received an email back from woot support. They apologized for the missing adapter and said they had no replacements, told me to contact turtlebeach directly and ask for a replacement. Hope they can help in time for blackops 2 ..

superjon027

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superjon027

Has anyone had their's ship yet? I ordered on November 2, and still no update on shipping. Also, anyone who got the XP500's...did yours include the wireless xbox adapter?

sax55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sax55

Did anyone else who ordered the XP500s and not get the XBA Bluetooth Adapter? Mine has not shipped yet and want to know if they all don't come with the adapter so I can go ahead and order it now so I'll be ready to game for BLOPSII

mattlaird111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mattlaird111

Just got the headset in today, no complaints on the microphone portion of it, which is my main concern, but I only get sound from the right side of the headset, nothing from the left. Generally I still use my speakers for the sound anyway, but still a bit concerning to have the headset not function properly right out of the box.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

mattlaird111 wrote:Just got the headset in today, no complaints on the microphone portion of it, which is my main concern, but I only get sound from the right side of the headset, nothing from the left. Generally I still use my speakers for the sound anyway, but still a bit concerning to have the headset not function properly right out of the box.

hmm. not sure which headset, but i'm guessing they're all supposed to work bilaterally. (heh.)

i'd suggest emailing support@woot.com so they can get you taken care of.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

mikekc82

Got email back from TurtleBeach. They sent me a link to buy the adapter by itself for $29.95.

I should not have to pay another 30 bucks for something that should of been with it in the first place.

I really hope woot does the right thing here. Really looking forward to getting this resolved in time for BLOPS2

mikekc82 wrote:I just received an email back from woot support. They apologized for the missing adapter and said they had no replacements, told me to contact turtlebeach directly and ask for a replacement. Hope they can help in time for blackops 2 ..

scp89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scp89

I'm starting to doubt whether or not this was a good deal or no - from missing parts to sound from one side to support issues...

Okiiashi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Okiiashi

I have the MW3 Deltas which are the branded up XP500s. I love mine so I purchased the XP500s for my wife so she could have her own for when she wanted to play in the other room on the old 360 FAT.

I'm worried I won't get that XBA bluetooth item now... which will totally ruin the purchase for me. Because an additional 30 bucks for the adapter defeated the sale that shows it included ... errrr

sax55

It has been 5 days now why has mine not shipped yet I'm getting a little irritated reading that someone's shipped within the day they ordered it... I won't have my headset for when Blops II is released that's just great!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
sax55 wrote:It has been 5 days now why has mine not shipped yet I'm getting a little irritated reading that someone's shipped within the day they ordered it... I won't have my headset for when Blops II is released that's just great!

Hey, that's bad news. You should probably give a holla to support@woot.com and let them know and also so they can help figure out what's going on.

Sorry for the hassle though.

I'm just hanging out, really.

sax55

inkycatz wrote:Hey, that's bad news. You should probably give a holla to support@woot.com and let them know and also so they can help figure out what's going on.

I have they told me an order can take up to 5 business days and to be more patient... Well it has been 5 business days.

sgtjeremyh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgtjeremyh
inkycatz wrote:Hey, that's bad news. You should probably give a holla to support@woot.com and let them know and also so they can help figure out what's going on.

I talked to customer service VIA email. I have the same issue. They have MY MONEY already. Their response was. " it can take up to 5 days to ship etc blah blah. Strange how early everything went well, then it all got screwed up. Seems to be alot of us waiting and getting very irritated now! This is going to make the 4th issue with woot between 2 accounts. I dont buy it.... I think they over sold and are getting more together.. Just my opinion. I know how this stuff works. I an a DC manager.

agentsquishy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages agentsquishy

I just got XP500 today. I got the email that it shipped today, but it was at my front door. It was a nice surprised.

Mine did come with everything. Yes, even the wireless chat adapter. I am quite happy with it. It feels brand new. Definitely worth the purchase.

dfunk29

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dfunk29

So,, I guess I got my X31 Wireless Headset from FedEx on Wednesday. I wouldn't have known though because they weren't in a BOX! I happened to find them the next day propped up against the wall of my porch with a shipping label slapped to the back of the package.
The package itself is not in the best of conditions, as you can imagine since it's been riding around a FedEx truck for 1 week. I checked the tracking information & it was sent out for delivery the previous day (Tuesday), but it says that at 11:23am, no delivery attempt was made, then the severely battered & torn plastic package was delivered on Wednesday.
Why would there be any electronic equipment shipped anywhere by anyone who has made a sale, without the proper packaging?
I've been so frustrated with the situation that I couldn't bring myself to do or contact anyone until now. I've been buying things from woot for years, and have never had something like this happen.

Okiiashi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Okiiashi
Okiiashi wrote:I have the MW3 Deltas which are the branded up XP500s. I love mine so I purchased the XP500s for my wife so she could have her own for when she wanted to play in the other room on the old 360 FAT.

I'm worried I won't get that XBA bluetooth item now... which will totally ruin the purchase for me. Because an additional 30 bucks for the adapter defeated the sale that shows it included ... errrr

I got them today. It had everything, which is great cause I was going to be pissed even though I got a good price on them.

The only thing that ruined it was it was shipping in a box with a sleeve over the box advertising the XP500 and showing what was in the box.

1) I'm glad the box didn't get "lost" along to the way to my condo. Cause that sleeve just says "HEY LOOK AT THIS GUY's PACKAGE"(... like I don't hear that already ;) )
2) It was suppose to be a gift for the wife. She got it in the mail and sent me a pic while at work, she was asking me why this came in the mail.. ... "uhhhhh..merry Christmas??"

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dfunk29 wrote:So,, I guess I got my X31 Wireless Headset from FedEx on Wednesday. I wouldn't have known though because they weren't in a BOX! I happened to find them the next day propped up against the wall of my porch with a shipping label slapped to the back of the package.
The package itself is not in the best of conditions, as you can imagine since it's been riding around a FedEx truck for 1 week. I checked the tracking information & it was sent out for delivery the previous day (Tuesday), but it says that at 11:23am, no delivery attempt was made, then the severely battered & torn plastic package was delivered on Wednesday.
Why would there be any electronic equipment shipped anywhere by anyone who has made a sale, without the proper packaging?
I've been so frustrated with the situation that I couldn't bring myself to do or contact anyone until now. I've been buying things from woot for years, and have never had something like this happen.

Sorry to hear you received your order in a different receptacle that regular.
Please shoot us an email at support@woot.com and let us know so we can fix the issue.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

kittypaus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kittypaus

I got the CoD headset for my son for Christmas. It came today, shipped in it's own plastic carry case, with the shipping label slapped on the side! What the heck!!! Unbelievable!
I certainly expected it to be protected from shipping bumps and my family seeing the contents, by being in a cardboard shipping box!!!
Fortunately I don't note any scrapes or breaks to the carry case (which is part of the product purchased, not a shipping box!).
Fortunately my son didn't see it, but my daughter did. She may or may not keep her mouth shut. :-/
It came by FedEx.

superjon027

quality posts: 0 Private Messages superjon027

Hi, I got my XP500's in the mail. Came with everything in great shape. I got my "Your Item Shipped" email the day after I got the XP500's in the mail. Weird.

kelseymg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kelseymg
kittypaus wrote:I got the CoD headset for my son for Christmas. It came today, shipped in it's own plastic carry case, with the shipping label slapped on the side! What the heck!!! Unbelievable!
I certainly expected it to be protected from shipping bumps and my family seeing the contents, by being in a cardboard shipping box!!!
Fortunately I don't note any scrapes or breaks to the carry case (which is part of the product purchased, not a shipping box!).
Fortunately my son didn't see it, but my daughter did. She may or may not keep her mouth shut. :-/
It came by FedEx.

I was so freakin' annoyed when I received mine this way also. My husband could have seen it and it's a gift for him. Also, it looked like crap. I sent an email to Woot! and never heard a peep. Not even a "we're sorry that sucks." I replied several times to the automated email they sent with no response. Needless to say I am not happy with the lack of ANY response. It's been weeks now.

inkycatz

kelseymg wrote:I was so freakin' annoyed when I received mine this way also. My husband could have seen it and it's a gift for him. Also, it looked like crap. I sent an email to Woot! and never heard a peep. Not even a "we're sorry that sucks." I replied several times to the automated email they sent with no response. Needless to say I am not happy with the lack of ANY response. It's been weeks now.

Oh hey there! We'll ping support@woot.com and see if we can get someone to find out what's up. In the meantime, check your spam folders if you would for us.

The spam monster gets... hungry. Needy. Wants company and all.

kelseymg

Okay, so I went back to check my message and I sent a message to Woot! on November 6th regarding receiving my headset banged up in retail packaging and no box. I have not heard any response. This is totally disappointing coming from Woot!

kelseymg

inkycatz wrote:Oh hey there! We'll ping support@woot.com and see if we can get someone to find out what's up. In the meantime, check your spam folders if you would for us.

The spam monster gets... hungry. Needy. Wants company and all.

Thanks for your response. I tried to email support@woot.com just now(for the 4th time). I have kept an eye on my spam folder and nothing popped up there either.

inkycatz

kelseymg wrote:Thanks for your response. I tried to email support@woot.com just now(for the 4th time). I have kept an eye on my spam folder and nothing popped up there either.

Updated my email as I was sending it off, hang in there, they'll get to you.

rockafella14

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockafella14
inkycatz wrote:Updated my email as I was sending it off, hang in there, they'll get to you.

The PX5's are horrible headphones. They are supposed to be high end gaming headphones, and don't even work with other platforms or devices. Total waste of money, and I should've gotten the Astro's.