WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

uNu iPhone 4 and 4s Battery Cases

Don't you wish you could wear a backpack that would give you a little bit more energy? Well, you can't. But that doesn't mean you should deprive your iPhone 4 or 4s! So, c'mon. Do your phone a favor and get one of these uNus.
uNu official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

For those of us who haven't upgraded yet... or a sweet add on to offload your current device and get the newest iThing? What's it gonna be?

I'm just hanging out, really.

ColdChilli

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ColdChilli

What is the plug in connection?
Is it still the standard 10 pin connector for a 4s? or does it switch to a mini-usb?
I want to still be able to use my docs without removing the case.

mochajavaman

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mochajavaman
ColdChilli wrote:What is the plug in connection?
Is it still the standard 10 pin connector for a 4s? or does it switch to a mini-usb?
I want to still be able to use my docs without removing the case.

This uses a Mini USB. For standard Apple connections the case will have to be removed.

A recent Amazon review (very high marks overall) includes this detail in the list of 'Cons':

"The charging the iPhone through the case is not supported when the battery pack is not attached. (Manufacturer says they will fix the issue in the next production order)"

cgoodno

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cgoodno

I have an older model (was a previous woot). My biggest and really only complaint other than mini-USB (can't use in car) is that switching between on and off charge mode can be a bit annoying at times. You're supposed to hold down a button on the back for a few seconds for it to switch, but it sometimes just doesn't go. And, it has happened that charge mode will get turned on while in my pocket and the battery will run down pretty quick.

Wish they would have an on/off switch of sorts somewhere on the device rather than the press button.

Be careful in using these, you can destroy the lifetime of your iPhone battery if you continue to charge it when it's above 50%. I tend to only charge when it gets below 20% if I can help it.

Edit: One really good benefit with these cases is that they do a great job of protecting your phone as well. The frame covers the front well and creates a distance between the glass and the surface you put it on as well as a very rugged frame on all other sides. I use this when I go hiking on the weekends and it lasts me the two days.

Edit 2: Another good thing with this model is that the camera area is designed at an angle rather than straight. This should help with reducing flash glare from your case.

oldgal3

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oldgal3

What's the model number or name?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

oldgal3 wrote:What's the model number or name?

click on the case you're interested in, and you should be able to see the model number at the top of the page (near the magic yellow button).

let me know if you can't find it & we'll solve all.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

rixtux

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rixtux

kinda high for older model phone---should be cheaper

Bluepeapod

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Bluepeapod

I'm so annoyed that I bought a white one on a previous woot! :-(

Dodey23

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Dodey23

Similar brands of this type of device go for 20-25 and ebay at like 10-15 for 4/4S

Pass

C'mon carp!

rafcon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages rafcon

I bought a similar one from woot (uNu brand) for 24.99 with 1700mAh back in May. I also bought another with 2400mAh for 34.99 in June.

39.99 for 1700mAh?!? Not only that but I actually need a new one because my uNu case won't hold a charge anymore! 5 months after I bought it!

I can't buy this. For many reasons and due to pure principal based on cost and a product which prematurely failed me. Sorry woot. Sorry uNu. :-(

I got a fever... and the only prescription... is more woot!
  • Woots
  • More Woots
  • Even More Woots
  • And Counting...

ro6ot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ro6ot

[quote postid="5226852" user="mochajavaman"]This uses a Mini USB. For standard Apple connections the case will have to be removed.

is it MINI or MICRO USB? the mini is older, bigger, & more trapezoidal; most stuff lately is micro, which is smaller & flatter! the very few references I can find say mini, while the pitures look more like a micro socket; but it is very difficult to tell!

rafcon

quality posts: 19 Private Messages rafcon
ro6ot wrote:

is it MINI or MICRO USB? the mini is older, bigger, & more trapezoidal; most stuff lately is micro, which is smaller & flatter! the very few references I can find say mini, while the pitures look more like a micro socket; but it is very difficult to tell!

It is microUSB. Just click on SPECS and it says which type of USB connector it is.

I got a fever... and the only prescription... is more woot!
  • Woots
  • More Woots
  • Even More Woots
  • And Counting...

rmallela4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmallela4
PemberDucky wrote:click on the case you're interested in, and you should be able to see the model number at the top of the page (near the magic yellow button).

let me know if you can't find it & we'll solve all.

Am not the original poster .. but I am not able to find the model number. Please help.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rmallela4 wrote:Am not the original poster .. but I am not able to find the model number. Please help.

Click on the one you're interested in - this takes you to the detail page with all kinds of good info. Look in the title on that page and you'll see the model number.

It's also on the specs tab, in the section "In the box".

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bobmyknob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bobmyknob

Seems like this one is a better deal: http://moofi.woot.com/offers/unu-iphone-4-4s-battery-case-12

sysyphus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sysyphus

The difference between this battery case and some of the other uNu cases is that the battery can be replaced without replacing the whole case. You can purchase replacement batteries from Amazon or uNu's website.

houserti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages houserti

I bought one of these for my girlfriend and she said she can't use the usb connector to charge the phone unless the extra battery is attached. is this true? I'm going to be one unhappy customer if that's the case. I have an Android phone and one of the bonuses was that with this case she would be able to use my charger. if she can't without the extra battery then this was a waste of $40.