6%
7%
7%
1%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

• (9:33 AM, 11/1/2012) citking explains the second woot today, WITH SCIENCE.

arendjd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arendjd

Unofficial woot off?

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

What just happened?

bcurtiswx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bcurtiswx

Halloween +1 ghost woot-off?

butz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages butz

A second product with no flashing lights? Is it the Apocalypse???

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian

Ghost woot-off... oooOOOoooOOOO

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

reedmo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages reedmo

One deal a day, just became second deal of the day...?

wesjuneau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wesjuneau

probably didnt want the site to sit idle for 15 more hours

bcurtiswx

woot probably got confused as they were up all night eating all the candy that they were planning on selling in the new candy.woot ...

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian
wesjuneau wrote:probably didnt want the site to sit idle for 15 more hours

Doesn't matter... even if an item sells out in an hour there is never a second item until the next unless there is a woot-off.

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

alderson21

quality posts: 6 Private Messages alderson21

I have been enjoying a model almost identical to this one for several years and I've been very happy with the picture quality, even with fast-moving action shots and sports. The clarity is good, brightness and hue are easy enough to adjust, and it's not *super* heavy, although given its size it is hard to move on your own. Mount this on your wall and enjoy it. It's not the uber-bad-ace 3d type, but so far as LED tvs go, it's pretty good and this price is hard to beat. If I didn't already have one, I would probably pull the trigger here.

bcurtiswx

alderson21 wrote:I have been enjoying a model almost identical to this one for several years and I've been very happy with the picture quality, even with fast-moving action shots and sports. The clarity is good, brightness and hue are easy enough to adjust, and it's not *super* heavy, although given its size it is hard to move on your own. Mount this on your wall and enjoy it. It's not the uber-bad-ace 3d type, but so far as LED tvs go, it's pretty good and this price is hard to beat. If I didn't already have one, I would probably pull the trigger here.

How dare you go for a quality post here while the rest of us are dumbfounded and confused!

spyderbf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spyderbf

Another WOOT? Its NOVEMBER 1st FOOLS DAY!!!!

eraten

quality posts: 9 Private Messages eraten

Anybody know what the exact model number of this TV is? It doesn't list in anywhere in the specs. All that I can find is "LG 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV"

citking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages citking

I've got it all figured out.

Because we gain an hour this weekend Woot has to stabilize the space-time continuum. Think about it: Sunday's Woot would enjoy a 25 hour appearance as things stand now - that just can't happen. It's one day, one deal, sure, but a day is always 24 hours except for those two lousy DST days.

So by issuing a second Woot today Woot is ensuring the continuing stability of our reality.

That, and they probably have a million of these TVs lying around.

citking

quality posts: 1 Private Messages citking
eraten wrote:Anybody know what the exact model number of this TV is? It doesn't list in anywhere in the specs. All that I can find is "LG 1080p 120Hz LED HDTV"

LG 47LV4400.

eraten

quality posts: 9 Private Messages eraten
citking wrote:LG 47LV4400.

Thanks! Am I blind? Or is it really not listed anywhere?

bzball58

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bzball58

Woot! is a part of Amazon.com, and this is a great outlet for Amazon to put their product online. Gotta love capitalism!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
spyderbf wrote:Another WOOT? Its NOVEMBER 1st FOOLS DAY!!!!

WACKINESS.

I'm just hanging out, really.

woot3347

quality posts: 0 Private Messages woot3347

A 'Refurbished' TV. Since the #1 reason people return a TV is dead pixels, I would never consider a used/refurbished TV unless it came with a 30 day return option -AND- a five year manufactures warrenty.

pimpin5000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pimpin5000

Deal #2????? Whats going on Woot? Why you change business model?

roohaa3000

quality posts: 3 Private Messages roohaa3000

whoaaaa Double Rainbow Woot! i put that up there with Rice Krispy Treats.. Unicorns... Pacific Cooler CAPRI SUN!!!!! and GLITTER!!!!!

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

Does the guy on the screen come with the TV?

tnn151

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tnn151

This looks like a great deal but the refurb makes me nervous. Anyone have experience with refurbed tvs? Also anyone ever got the square trade warranty?

roohaa3000

quality posts: 3 Private Messages roohaa3000

Wouldnt the other DST lose an hour? so the 25 hour rule doesn't count twice??

citking wrote:

It's one day, one deal, sure, but a day is always 24 hours except for those two lousy DST days.

inkycatz

Okay folks, let's try to keep this on track with the TV - I know there are a lot of other great comments and discussion this has provoked but if we could take those over to World of Woot, etc. that'd be vastly appreciated.

(People need to find info about the tv, that's all. No hatin'.)

bcbird

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bcbird

MMMMMMmmmmm, that contrast ratio... Although 100k sounds like a huge number, it really isn't.

Here's a definition of what contrast ratio is: The contrast ratio is a property of a display system, defined as the ratio of the luminance of the brightest color (white) to that of the darkest color (black) that the system is capable of producing. A high contrast ratio is a desired aspect of any display.

Also cheaper on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-47-47LV4400-1080P-120Hz-100-000-1-Contrast-LED-LCD-HDTV-TV-FREE-S-H-/150937552221?pt=Televisions&hash=item232494455d

DaveInSoCal

quality posts: 18 Private Messages DaveInSoCal

My last two tv's have been LG's and I love them. I'll have to check my model number because I think this is the exact one I have now. However I bought it new from Amazon for the same price. My only complaint is you have to go through the menu to access the sleep timer. My old LG has a dedicated button. Since I like to fall asleep to the tv that was more convenient.

therealjrn

quality posts: 39 Private Messages therealjrn
inkycatz wrote:Okay folks, let's try to keep this on track with the TV - I know there are a lot of other great comments and discussion this has provoked but if we could take those over to World of Woot, etc. that'd be vastly appreciated.

(People need to find info about the tv, that's all. No hatin'.)

Grumble, grumble, hrrmph. I wanted to see pics of unicorns!

1st Birthday of Celebrations finally! Happy 10th Woot!

inkycatz

therealjrn wrote:Grumble, grumble, hrrmph. I wanted to see pics of unicorns!

Unicorns to the left, speculation to the right...
Tv right here. :D

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
eraten wrote:Thanks! Am I blind? Or is it really not listed anywhere?

If you click on "continue reading" the model number is shown in the upper left.

wanderer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wanderer
natalieug wrote:Does the guy on the screen come with the TV?

He's the delivery guy, the picture is so you know who to expect.

bigred*nyc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigred*nyc
tnn151 wrote:This looks like a great deal but the refurb makes me nervous. Anyone have experience with refurbed tvs? Also anyone ever got the square trade warranty?

I had a square trade warranty on a camera that crapped out - one call and there was aprepaid return emailed, and once they received notification that UPS had received the package a refund for the purchase price was sent to Paypal. So, very happy with their service.

mr1337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mr1337
woot3347 wrote:A 'Refurbished' TV. Since the #1 reason people return a TV is dead pixels, I would never consider a used/refurbished TV unless it came with a 30 day return option -AND- a five year manufactures warrenty.

Took the risk and ordered one. I figure if it was returned for a dead pixel, LG would fix the screen before trying to re-sell it.

Anyone know if the woot limited warranty covers dead/stuck pixels?

inkycatz

mr1337 wrote:Took the risk and ordered one. I figure if it was returned for a dead pixel, LG would fix the screen before trying to re-sell it.

Anyone know if the woot limited warranty covers dead/stuck pixels?

Let's see what we can find out...

mr1337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mr1337

Woot's product details say it has 2 HDMI input ports, but the pictures and LG's site show it has 3 HDMI inputs.

amkoontz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amkoontz

There are some really good reviews here: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1368583/lg-47lv4400

It appears to be a 2011 model.

okayfrog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages okayfrog

The description on the main site made me think of this:

samuelarno

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samuelarno

Yargh, on the fence on this one - I have a pretty immediate need for a replacement TV but am curious about dead-pixels / return support.

Not a lot of info on AVSForum, Amazonians are fairly impressed.

onefastwienerdog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages onefastwienerdog

LG must make lots of garbage because I see their refubed junk all the time. LG= Lotsa Garbage !!!

Random crap #1 11-28-09-Nice
Random crap #2 08-20-10-Sucked