2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Goody Smart Temp 1875 Watt Blow Dryer
$9.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

dekoquonut

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dekoquonut

Does anyone know how much this weighs? It does not show a weight in the specs, need something for granny that won't make her arm numb before her hair is dry.

THANKS!

- Ain't there nothin' I can take?

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 44 Private Messages dernst_ca1

Anybody know anything about these? Have one? Any good?

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

msujp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages msujp

that was the most depressing write up ever. It made me sad

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

GURABoy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages GURABoy

120V only? Or can it be used in places with 240V current?

theguruguys

When I see a three year warranty on a product the first thing I do is research the company to see if they will even be around to honor the warranty.

According to Goody's homepage, they have been around since 1980 so more than likely they will be around to honor any future warranty claims.

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb
GURABoy wrote:120V only? Or can it be used in places with 240V current?

I wouldn't recommend that. That feels a lot like dividing by zero, the implications could destroy us all.

Jayrod521

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jayrod521
dernst_ca1 wrote:Anybody know anything about these? Have one? Any good?

It blows.

EvilE1174

quality posts: 8 Private Messages EvilE1174

This woot really blows!

EvilE1174

Jayrod521 wrote:It blows.

damn it. u beat me to it.

jsp

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jsp

Generally pretty good reviews here! http://www.amazon.com/Goody-Heat-Smart-Temp-Dryer/product-reviews/B006MRM2P6

Folks seem to notice it draws power (as in, makes their lights flicker) but that has more to do with the electrical circuitry in the line - and something to be aware of no matter what you're plugging into the wall, actually. It's a high powered gizmo, after all (says so right in the title!) Likely going in for one - these kinds of things do wear out and it's good to have a back-up unit in reserve - and all things being the same, I'll opt for buying something through Woot! every time :D

theguruguys

From TREAT! listing:

theguruguys found some Boody reviews. … read more

Boody? Typo, or am I missing something too clever for me?

EvilE1174

bought one for the wifey. Im hoping this act of kindness will get me some action....

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

theguruguys wrote:From TREAT! listing:

Boody? Typo, or am I missing something too clever for me?

The fingers are moving slow this morning. Fixed.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

phoebus13

quality posts: 3 Private Messages phoebus13

What's this!? I said take only what you need to survive!

jelliebaby

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jelliebaby
dekoquonut wrote:Does anyone know how much this weighs? It does not show a weight in the specs, need something for granny that won't make her arm numb before her hair is dry.

THANKS!

According to the info on Amazon the shipping weight is 2 pounds.

theguruguys

ThunderThighs wrote:The fingers are moving slow this morning. Fixed.

I just never know, you've had a few zingers that went right by me until I did some googling, not to mention how obscure some of the stunt clues you pulled with the woot clue game..

icuc22too

quality posts: 5 Private Messages icuc22too

According to Amazon, the shipping weight is 2 pounds. And from the reviews, it seems to be lightweight.

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape

10 heat settings??

I understand, say 3 (low-med-high) or even maybe 5, but 10? Is there that much of a noticeable difference between setting 6 and 7? Or 7 and 8? I just don't get the need for so many heat settings.

ThunderThighs

Staff

thewronggrape wrote:10 heat settings??

I understand, say 3 (low-med-high) or even maybe 5, but 10? Is there that much of a noticeable difference between setting 6 and 7? Or 7 and 8? I just don't get the need for so many heat settings.

I'd buy it if it had gone to 11.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

meandsecoya

quality posts: 15 Private Messages meandsecoya

In for three. One for me (because the nice, expensive one I've had for years died last week and the one I bought for $10 on clearance as a spare has no attachments), one for my step-daughter since the spare was going to be a b-day present until mine died and I used it, and one to add to the miscellaneous backup gift stash. Add my JumboWoot coupon and you can't beat three hair dryers for under $30.

PurplePawprints elsewhere

HughHemington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages HughHemington

A hair dryer? Seriously? How many here were wandering around with wet hair waiting for this to come up on Woot!?

Ok, back in the late 70's there was the Grandinetti. It weighed a ton, but it was the best.

Today? You buy a frickin' hair dryer and get on with it.

theguruguys

The heat settings can be very useful when using the hairdryer for other applications than drying hair like removing stickers or vinyl, bubble gum, etc.

Here are "13 Unusual uses for a hair dryer". The variety of heat settings on this dryer will let you find the 'sweet spot' for some of these tasks.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 44 Private Messages dernst_ca1
EvilE1174 wrote:bought one for the wifey. Im hoping this act of kindness will get me some action....

well it may not be you, but if you buy a blow dryer, chances are someones gonna get a blown

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

jplonmars

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jplonmars

I went to their website and even check the product images on amazon, nothing on the package says 220V. so very likely you can't use with 220V (unless you want to blow it up and start a fire with it)

From my understanding is that most Hair Dryer sold in the US are for 110V only EXCEPT the one that mark as "travel" styled hair dryer. (especially the one that's fold-able ) and those will usually have a "manual switch" that must be switch to 220V before you plug it into a 220 Circuit.

do a search for "travel hair dryer" on Amazon and you will notice most of the results are usually marked for "dual-voltage" usage

ThunderThighs

Staff

HughHemington wrote:A hair dryer? Seriously? How many here were wandering around with wet hair waiting for this to come up on Woot!?

Ok, back in the late 70's there was the Grandinetti. It weighed a ton, but it was the best.

Today? You buy a frickin' hair dryer and get on with it.

Even if they were walking around with wet hair hoping for a blow dryer, our shipping ain't THAT fast.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

Found this in the FAQ that WhatsamattaU linked above:

My appliance is not dual voltage. Can I still use it abroad?
Do not use your Goody Heat blow dryers in countries with 220.240 volt electrical systems; use only with 110/120 volt electrical systems.

FORUM MODERATOR

hvac1000

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hvac1000

I am bald so I think I will pass on this deal.

goaljnky

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goaljnky

Sweet! I can now do my chest hair.

Wine Whore
Cellar Tracker

markymark77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages markymark77

Kinda like blender speeds; the more the better?

jrunri

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jrunri

I'd like some reviews that weren't from employees or people who received the product for free. :/

whatsamattaU wrote:$34.99, 9 reviews 3.9 stars
http://www.drugstore.com/goody-heat-smarttemp-1875-wat-turbo-dryer/qxp393399

$26.99, 9 reviews, 6 five star, 3 four star
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Goody-Smart-Temp-Blow-Dryer/19715006

$29.99 10 reviews--good
http://www.target.com/p/goody-heat-smart-temp-blow-dryer-charcoal-gray/-/A-13906090

Product website:
http://www.goody.com/Products/Goody%20Heat/Smart%20Temp%20Blow%20Dryer

FAQ with stuff about the 10 settings
http://www.goody.com/FAQs

$34.99 "uses too much electricity" says one
http://www.folica.com/tools/hair-dryers/goody-heat-smart-temp-1875-watt-turbo-dryer

tesla33

quality posts: 57 Private Messages tesla33

At last: a hair dryer that will blow your fuse or trip your breaker without having to be dropped (or thrown) into the tub! At 1875 watts, this will blow any 10 amp circuit on high, any 15 amp circuit with anything else on it, and even some 15 amp circuits with nothing else on them. How does such thoughtfully designed merchandise ever end up on Woot...?

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 45 Private Messages DaZoneRanger
tesla33 wrote:At last: a hair dryer that will blow your fuse or trip your breaker without having to be dropped (or thrown) into the tub! At 1875 watts, this will blow any 10 amp circuit on high, any 15 amp circuit with anything else on it, and even some 15 amp circuits with nothing else on them. How does such thoughtfully designed merchandise ever end up on Woot...?

1875 watts isn't uncommon for blow dryers. I just checked and my Remington Solutions hair dryer that I bought from Big Lots a few years back for $14.99 is also 1875 watts. I use it every day and it doesn't trip the breaker.

My daughter has pulled my hair dryer off the counter a bunch of times and the back broke off. The fan is still shielded, but another fall could knock the plastic vent off (I can probably just pull it out by hand...it's ready to go). I think it's time for another hair dryer, so I may go for this. I gotta decide if this is any different, better, or worse than the one Costco always has for $20. That one is also an 1875w blow dryer and has the same ceramic and tourmaline claims (goodness gracious, even Costco (and EVERY store you can think of that carries blow dryers) carries 1875w blow dryers!1 Gasp!! Pshhhh).

MichXelle

quality posts: 38 Private Messages MichXelle

In for 3 at this price. A few Xmas gifts for some kids that were good this year. A's in all classes and on the dean's honor role again. Smiles.

OVER 550 W00T CARTFULS as of 06/25/14. You're killing us with some wonderful items W000T!

OVER 8 years on W00T shopping and The W00T Forum, since 02/06 with now a whopping 34 Quality Posts L-M-A-O! We do post quality information as do others that isn't recognized. Thanks for the 3 in 1 entire week! We're humbled. 3 additional noticed in 3 months. No more positive posts as our are not noticed.

cvcoast

quality posts: 18 Private Messages cvcoast
EvilE1174 wrote:bought one for the wifey. Im hoping this act of kindness will get me some action....

Calling her wifey certainly won't.

gholt121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gholt121
msujp wrote:that was the most depressing write up ever. It made me sad

+1

Proud Woot!er since 2005.

jjbader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjbader

According to Amazon it weighs 2 lbs. There are a few reviews there also.

dekoquonut wrote:Does anyone know how much this weighs? It does not show a weight in the specs, need something for granny that won't make her arm numb before her hair is dry.

THANKS!