2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Magellan 4.7" GPS Lifetime Maps/Traffic
$79.99 + $5 Standard OR $14 Two-Day OR $19 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

TiraNomChu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages TiraNomChu

the lifetime maps offer seems extremely useful, but is it limited to 'one-per-year' or some other arbitrary rate?

bishoplen

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bishoplen
TiraNomChu wrote:the lifetime maps offer seems extremely useful, but is it limited to 'one-per-year' or some other arbitrary rate?

I suspect this includes your answer
http://support.magellangps.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=606

dskrentz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dskrentz

I own this one -- bought it a while back. The only problem is that anything other than use of a "one touch" destination requires a lot of manual input, and I mean a lot. If, as an example, you change from one address book address to another, this GPS asks a series of questions, all of which require a screen touch before proceeding to the next question. If you're driving, that means punching the screen a lot.

TiraNomChu

bishoplen wrote:I suspect this includes your answer
http://support.magellangps.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=606

that's exactly what I was looking for, I just didn't look in the right places XD thank you!

TiraNomChu

dskrentz wrote:I own this one -- bought it a while back. The only problem is that anything other than use of a "one touch" destination requires a lot of manual input, and I mean a lot. If, as an example, you change from one address book address to another, this GPS asks a series of questions, all of which require a screen touch before proceeding to the next question. If you're driving, that means punching the screen a lot.

don't they always have those warnings against using the GPS while operating a vehicle? :O

dk2943

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dk2943

I bought one of these a couple years ago. Great GPS. However, the updates only work if you have a PC. They do not work if you have a MAC.

sudeepk

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sudeepk

Does it indicate the speed limits?

taurine

quality posts: 5 Private Messages taurine

I just got home from Walmart looking for a new GPS and the cheapest one in-store was $99, so I didn't buy. It's like Woot was reading my mind, hehe. I'm on my 2nd TomTom, and again, the touch calibration has gone bad. As this is a different brand, I might give it a try!

Batman4oz

quality posts: 19 Private Messages Batman4oz
TiraNomChu wrote:don't they always have those warnings against using the GPS while operating a vehicle? :O

Yes, but you Can't Read them while you are driving the vehicle!

^^X^^

Wooting for Bat Capes
JUDY-ism...the Only Religion I need!
WWJD...What Would JUDY Do?!
thebatcaveofoz.us
^^X^^

countertenor

quality posts: 3 Private Messages countertenor

It seems that standalone GPS systems are becoming obsolete with the use of smartphones. It would be nice if GPS units offered some kind of competitive advantage, like voice recognition for address and data input.

Ed3rd

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Ed3rd
countertenor wrote:It would be nice if GPS units offered some kind of competitive advantage, like voice recognition for address and data input.

I myself like having a separate navigation device which isn't interrupted by voice calls or text messages.

It's a krap! We cannot repel bags of this magnitude!
10/13/06 4/1/07 6/1/07 12/11/08 01/28/10 3/26/10

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1077 Private Messages whatsamattaU

Previous woot was $10 more at $89.99:
https://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5164584

and my comment then:

whatsamattaU wrote:Last thing I can do (really behind at work):
One 1-star and 5 star review at Consumer Reports (the magazine did NOT review this):
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/tires-auto-parts/gps/gps-ratings/models/overview/magellan-roadmate-3065t-lm-d62404.htm
but did review the 3065 (subscriber only) and below average review score, but not the worst (with 1 reader rating 4 stars for the model):
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/tires-auto-parts/gps/gps-ratings/models/overview/magellan-roadmate-3065-commuter-99031718.htm

Product webpage:
http://www.magellangps.com/Products/RoadMate/Magellan-RoadMate-3065T-LM

with manual:
http://support.magellangps.com/support/assets/manuals/OM_RM_3065_Rev_D.pdf

QVC 3.6/5 stars for 23 reviews:
http://reviews.qvc.com/1689/E167168/magellan-e167168-magellan-3065t-lmt-4-7-gps-w-lifetime-traffic-maps-reviews/reviews.htm

good night, y'all.

stfuqua

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stfuqua

what is "Florescent" as used in "The year is 6997. Florescent gangs roam grey shopping malls."

greenie44

quality posts: 5 Private Messages greenie44
sudeepk wrote:Does it indicate the speed limits?

Nope - that's the one thing about this unit (which I got from Woot about a month ago) that I do not like. I do like that you can search your saved destinations by name though.

Spankmeister

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spankmeister

Bought this brand for my daughter. It was a pile of nut-filled excrement! Steer clear!

webyourstuff

quality posts: 3 Private Messages webyourstuff

Saw comment "never been so disgusted" on http://reviews.qvc.com/1689/E167168/magellan-e167168-magellan-3065t-lmt-4-7-gps-w-lifetime-traffic-maps-reviews/reviews.htm

Most comments were good, this one complained about his phone being incompatible.

I searched Magellan, could not find list of compatible phones.

Could someone please explain how the phone interacts with the GPS?

thanxs

sirjonsnow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sirjonsnow
countertenor wrote:It seems that standalone GPS systems are becoming obsolete with the use of smartphones. It would be nice if GPS units offered some kind of competitive advantage, like voice recognition for address and data input.

Travel outside of the US, when data rates would be obscene.

rflanigan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rflanigan

Does anyone know if maps from around the world can be loaded via the memory card slot? I go to Europe 1-2 times a year and my smart phone doesn't work there. I've rented a GPS with the rental car at 10euro a day. Gets expensive real quick.

rwdavis2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rwdavis2
countertenor wrote:It seems that standalone GPS systems are becoming obsolete with the use of smartphones. It would be nice if GPS units offered some kind of competitive advantage, like voice recognition for address and data input.

Smart phones periodically require a data link to update the maps while driving. If you are in a rural area you will eventually run off the map until you get a data signal.

elster000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elster000

I hate to be the one that says it, but THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT!

corinium

quality posts: 1 Private Messages corinium
rflanigan wrote:Does anyone know if maps from around the world can be loaded via the memory card slot? I go to Europe 1-2 times a year and my smart phone doesn't work there. I've rented a GPS with the rental car at 10euro a day. Gets expensive real quick.

Found this link on the Magellan website - $99 for Europe maps.

http://www.magellangps.com/Maps/Maps-Result?item=2791

knightmarcus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages knightmarcus

My wife has this model and she loves it, she has set all of the places she regularly goes in the one touch and as other posters have said if you need another address on the fly, you will be punching a lot of screen, so for safety you should pull over ;) . The quality of the one she has, has held up to our 2 and 5 year old taking it to play GPS on their toy jeep in the back yard it even survived a couple of rain storms unknown to us. Going to buy her another one so the kids can have the old one. She loves her GPS and loves the traffic. She has tried most major Navigation products on different cell phones and always goes back to her GPS. Map updates and firmware updates are not a problem, just remember to make sure battery has 100% charge as it will not charge from the USB cable while plugged into a laptop or PC. I payed a lot more $ for ours, bought it at Costco.

gavspen

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gavspen
dk2943 wrote:I bought one of these a couple years ago. Great GPS. However, the updates only work if you have a PC. They do not work if you have a MAC.

Not quite true. I have one too, and once it's been updated to the latest operating system, which indeed can only be done on a PC, you can then get the maps updated on a mac. There's also some other work around which involves buying a memory card but I dont remember what exactly.

wootiacDP

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootiacDP

I can tell you the one thing your phone can't do is provide you with navigation if you drop off the cellular network. Rural areas or off the main highways, and your phone can leave you hanging.. Unless you buy a nav app with full maps...

There is an advantage for heavy use...

Tollbooth

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tollbooth

Cmon Woot. I bought this in the woot off 2 weeks ago and you now drop the price on it...It is OK for the $$ but quirky. Customer support at Magellon says that it can only interact Who's the Frontrunner? one computer so what ever you load the software on you are stuck with according to the CS rep. Everyone is correct it blue tooths to anly a limited amount of phones. My Droid X was not one of them. If all you want is a GPS it is just OK there are lot of others on the market.

Tollbooth

msbarbee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msbarbee

It doesn't appear to have an AC charging cord.

pnixon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pnixon
sudeepk wrote:Does it indicate the speed limits?

I just bought this model off Woot a couple of weeks ago. I was asking the same question as you, and got the response that it DOES show current speed limit for the road you're on. But, IT DOES NOT. It does show current travel speed, though not as a default display. Not displaying speed limit is a disappointment, but otherwise I'm finding that it works well. However, I spent considerable time on Saturday updating software and maps, but when I did some traveling that night I drove on a recently built and opened highway, and this "updated" GPS registered that the road is closed. I know they can't update maps every day, but it was a disappointment that the first time I used it after updating, I found it to be out-of-date.

OutbackJon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages OutbackJon

There are GPS units that do that. You just aren't going to find them at an $80 price point.

webyourstuff

msbarbee wrote:It doesn't appear to have an AC charging cord.

http://www.magellangps.com/Products/power-chargers

webyourstuff

Can you charge it using the USB attachment? Anyone know?

gmrote8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmrote8

I've tried all the brands and I prefer Magellan the most. I love the upgraded features of this system too. I travel for my job and it's wonderful to have the GPS to get me around. I use it several times daily! Entering the destination is very easy because it predicts based on what you type and I usually only have to type 1-3 letters and my desired city or street shows up, click on enter and you are on your way. It talks the street names out loud and tells you your turn is approaching. I highly recommend this system. Any user who says they have had issues, just did't read the manual.

clhug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clhug

In looking this model up on the Internet, I see lots of references to just plain 3065 and other references to 3065T-LM which is what Woot shows. Any idea if there's a difference? Just want to make sure I'm comparing properly if I read reviewes of the just plain 3065.

7christie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 7christie

um. Lifetime Maps ?

clhug wrote:In looking this model up on the Internet, I see lots of references to just plain 3065 and other references to 3065T-LM which is what Woot shows. Any idea if there's a difference? Just want to make sure I'm comparing properly if I read reviewes of the just plain 3065.

IGetUp

quality posts: 3 Private Messages IGetUp

The "competitive advantage" is that standalone GPS's use satellite positioning as where phones use phone towers. Big, big difference.

pnixon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages pnixon
webyourstuff wrote:Can you charge it using the USB attachment? Anyone know?

The USB connector on the GPS is the charging connection. However, connecting to a computer doesn't charge it,(insufficient current?). I use an AC adapter with USB cable, (or the cig lighter in the car), to charge the unit.

chrismdusa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrismdusa
clhug wrote:In looking this model up on the Internet, I see lots of references to just plain 3065 and other references to 3065T-LM which is what Woot shows. Any idea if there's a difference? Just want to make sure I'm comparing properly if I read reviewes of the just plain 3065.

3065T-LM....Traffic, Lifetime Maps.

lroux

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lroux

My smart(ish) phone has voice recognition for my GPS product, so that wouldnt be much of an advantage. I am guessing the stand-alone GPS units dont have a long life ahead of them. But then people said that about paper too.

clhug

quality posts: 1 Private Messages clhug
chrismdusa wrote:3065T-LM....Traffic, Lifetime Maps.

Thank you. Some of the info I read on the just plain 3065 on some sites still says lifetime traffic and map updates in the description, so I wasn't sure.