WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Regal Ware Kitchen Cookware

As a King, you want your food prepared on the finest ware. But you also want to make sure that no scheming noble has poisoned your food. So cook your food in lesser pots and pans first; if they die, an assassination plot is afoot!
Regal Ware official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Time to get cooking on all the things! Tell us about your Regal Ware (and feel free to share tips, tricks, and recipes).

I'm just hanging out, really.

travisrotelli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages travisrotelli

Is this set safe for induction cooktops?

rickystyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickystyx
travisrotelli wrote:Is this set safe for induction cooktops?

Of the 4 or 5 I viewed, they all say they are safe for induction. However, check the "Features" section. It will tell you the answer to that question for each specific offer.

breaddrink

quality posts: 19 Private Messages breaddrink

Grabbing one of the calderos this time.

It looks very useful.

I have one other regalware princess pan, and that does in fact say on it that it's safe for induction tops.

The others, I'm not so sure about.

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100
breaddrink wrote:Grabbing one of the calderos this time.

It looks very useful.

I have one other regalware princess pan, and that does in fact say on it that it's safe for induction tops.

The others, I'm not so sure about.

Looks like a Chinese wok, which my Asian friends say is one of the most versatile cookware available. In fact, many traditional Chinese homemakers only have a wok, a pot for rice and a huge Chinese cleaver (which I've even seen for paring!). None of these multi-piece cookware and knife sets Westerners prefer. The wok is used for stir frying, deep frying, sauteeing, cooking, boiling, steaming, braising, etc.

sdc100

quality posts: 503 Private Messages sdc100

From the description:

Non-PFOA nonstick cooking surface

In practical terms, there is no such thing as "non-PFOA nonstick cooking surface." A lot of people confuse PFOA (Perfluorooctanoic acid) with PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene), and manufacturers have exploited this. PTFE is the chemical acronym for Teflon and similar non-stick coatings, PFOA is a chemical used in making these coatings. It is NOT in the coatings themselves and has nothing to do with the non-stick properties. Modern non-stick cookeware should have no traces of PFOA once it leaves the factory. It is carcinogenic and of primary concern to those working in Teflon (and microwave popcorn) factories and surrounding areas.

Teflon-phobes often claim that the government has banned the use of PFOA. This isn't true, PTFE-manufacturers have voluntarily agreed to stop using PFOA in their factories within a few years, as they convert to safer solvents.

To summarize, there is no such thing as a PFOA nonstick coating, so the opposite descriptor, "Non-PFOA nonstick cooking surface" is meaningless. All PTFE (Teflon) cookware is PFOA-free even if it was used in the manufacturing process. As an analogy, think about the detergents and disinfectants used in cleaning food-prep equipment -- including caustic dishwashing detergent. Many are toxic, which is good since you want to kill microbes. But they are washed off before the equipment touches food. The same goes for PFOA.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom

Is there any cookware that isn't safe for induction cooktops?

Some won't work through induction, but I don't think trying will pose any danger or cause any damage.

bookofjoshua

quality posts: 12 Private Messages bookofjoshua

I'm pretty sure there isn't anything (as far as cookware) that's not safe for induction cooktops, you just need a metal that is magnetic. Try-ply has an aluminum core, but the exposed area is stainless steel which magnetizes just fine. You're good to go!

ackbartheadmiral

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ackbartheadmiral
bookofjoshua wrote:I'm pretty sure there isn't anything (as far as cookware) that's not safe for induction cooktops, you just need a metal that is magnetic. Try-ply has an aluminum core, but the exposed area is stainless steel which magnetizes just fine. You're good to go!

Not all stainless steel is magnetic. If that is the case with this pan, then you can get a disk/plate to transfer the heat.