WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Invicta Watches: Watch Yourself

Someone with a watch is someone who always has fresh information. And that looks good to the boss. While everyone else fumbles for a cell phone, you can say "It's 10:02, Sir!" and show you've got what it takes. Next thing you know, you're an executive. True story.
Invicta Watches official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

If it's one thing I know our community has an opinion about, it's an Invicta watch.

I'm sure there are those of you that don't see the point of owning a watch, but for those that do, this thread's for you.

I'm just hanging out, really.

fredroque

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fredroque

I bought an Invicta Watch full price and love it! - Said by no one ever

runawaycow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages runawaycow

I want one but they are man's watch only...should be a woman version....

dallasgor

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dallasgor

So do we have to buy the batteries after it gets here ?

newfiepage

quality posts: 42 Private Messages newfiepage

Staff

dallasgor wrote:So do we have to buy the batteries after it gets here ?

It will come with a battery. But, because it comes with a battery, the Post Office restricts shipping outside the U.S.

aqueousflame

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aqueousflame

I almost lol'd at the retail price.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

These watches are only worth the price you pay, if these watches are what you want. Otherwise, these watches aren't worth much.

Secunza

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Secunza

Don't get fooled by the list price, the MSRP of these watches is just a bad joke from Invicta.

bmundt303

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bmundt303
Secunza wrote:Don't get fooled by the list price, the MSRP of these watches is just a bad joke from Invicta.

1,300 bucks for a quartz watch. Niiiiice. That MSRP makes me not trust anything about the company.

hehthuryo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages hehthuryo
hanji1 wrote:It's $50 on ebay with FS http://www.ebay.com/itm/Invicta-Watch-10455-Mens-DNA-Black-Camouflage-Dial-Black-Polyurethane-/300778500699

I feel much safer and comfortable purchasing from Woot than Ebay.

tljx

quality posts: 6 Private Messages tljx
hehthuryo wrote:I feel much safer and comfortable purchasing from Woot than Ebay.

While I like Woot over eBay as a company, it's worth noting that eBay has a 45 day buyer protection program for items that don't arrive or arrive significantly not as described and shipping is generally faster due to the pressure eBay puts on its sellers to ship fast (in their attempt to emulate Amazon).

dobberdobber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dobberdobber

I will never buy another one. Their warranty is garbage.

brianmather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianmather

I bought one of these on here about a month or so ago. It's an OK watch. It looks good and works. It's worth what you pay on here and nothing more. The MSRP is outta freakin' control!

judgedanny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages judgedanny
aqueousflame wrote:I almost lol'd at the retail price.

almost?

I lol everytime i see the MSRP on these watches

bblhed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bblhed

I bought an Invicta watch about a month ago from Woot! and now I am wearing a Timex because the Invicta tends to just stop at random for no reason. I would never buy another Invicta watch again.

fiftymegatims

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fiftymegatims

I am curious what the value to Woot is on selling these with all the negative reviews about them every time they come up.

chuckf1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chuckf1
fiftymegatims wrote:I am curious what the value to Woot is on selling these with all the negative reviews about them every time they come up.

Despite the negative comments, people are willing to buy Invicta. If they weren't willing to do so, Woot wouldn't be offering Invicta for sale.

joecooool

quality posts: 21 Private Messages joecooool

You can buy all three of the Sub Aquas for $359.

http://www.shopnbc.com/offer/?offercode=617-703&rap=3505&chid=ciGBips&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=617-703

Bione

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Bione
joecooool wrote:You can buy all three of the Sub Aquas for $359.

http://www.shopnbc.com/offer/?offercode=617-703&rap=3505&chid=ciGBips&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=617-703

Just because you could doesn't mean you should. I'd like to echo all the comments on here that this brand is garbage. The MSRPs are as fake as the history of this "watchmaker." As I recall, this outfit started in a garage in Florida when a guy realized he could get cheap Chinese movements ("Swiss designed"? More like Swiss copied!) and shove them into crappy cases and sell them at huge margins.

For the same price, you can buy a Seiko and get quality Japanese movements in a crappy case.

Usafa92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Usafa92
bblhed wrote:I bought an Invicta watch about a month ago from Woot! and now I am wearing a Timex because the Invicta tends to just stop at random for no reason. I would never buy another Invicta watch again.

I own several Invicta watches and had the same problem with one of them. Had to pay $28 + shipping to send it back under warranty. Two months later I got it back (supposedly they had to send it overseas for repair), but it had the same problem. It would work for a few hours, then stop. If I smacked it, it'd work for a few more hours. I sent it back a 2nd time with a letter stating that I wouldn't pay their warranty repair fee again, and it took them 3 months to send it back. It's been working fine since, but between shipping it twice, the $28 repair fee and 5 months w/out the watch, I haven't bought an invicta since. You'd think 1-yr warranty means free repair, but it doesn't. Totally rip-off warranty. I like the look of their watches, but the horrible warranty experience has made me look towards other watch brands.

fredroque

What a surprise, none sold out and it's been over a day...

Bandrik

quality posts: 71 Private Messages Bandrik

Not trying to turn anyone off of Invicta, but I'll share what I've heard: I was conversing with a wristwatch enthusiast, and I mentioned Invicta. He told me not to waste my time (lol pun). They aren't terrible, but there's better options for the money.

I'm told that Orient makes inexpensive but gorgeous watches, as long as you don't mind Chinese movement (I believe Invicta is Chinese as well so no difference). They have great quality, last long, and don't break the bank. Key word is "inexpensive", not cheap.

Here's some examples on IslandWatch — I'm eying the "skeleton" watches. Xmas gift to myself maybe?

torpealex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages torpealex

Do you think this will end like a reverse-hostage situation where Woot! tells us there won't be any more good deals until the Invictas sell out?
(I'm kidding of course- wouldn't happen, but would be hilarious)

merodriguez1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages merodriguez1

If the Invicta was also a phone, with a push of a button, whallah, the watch/cell would call ur boss and tell him/her how late you will be.

fredroque

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have never owned one but have read enough of this horrible company to never buy one. I have a deep hatred towards bad products with bad customer service.

Usafa92 wrote:I own several Invicta watches and had the same problem with one of them. Had to pay $28 + shipping to send it back under warranty. Two months later I got it back (supposedly they had to send it overseas for repair), but it had the same problem. It would work for a few hours, then stop. If I smacked it, it'd work for a few more hours. I sent it back a 2nd time with a letter stating that I wouldn't pay their warranty repair fee again, and it took them 3 months to send it back. It's been working fine since, but between shipping it twice, the $28 repair fee and 5 months w/out the watch, I haven't bought an invicta since. You'd think 1-yr warranty means free repair, but it doesn't. Totally rip-off warranty. I like the look of their watches, but the horrible warranty experience has made me look towards other watch brands.

mdnorman

It is disconcerting to not see a single comment about the BPD ratio of these watches. If you don't know about BPD, you need to get with the program. BPD is "bling per dollar" and there is a very high BPD quotient with Invicta watches. Moreover, you're looking at an extremely manly type of bling here, with the oversized watch cases that house the watch movements, which require NO winding, as long at the batteries last! It's true that you "get what you pay for" and with these massive and manly watches, you get a lot of machismo for your wrist. I understand that Invicta watch wearers have to be cautioned about potentially experiencing erections that last for several hours. Apparently the manuals that accompany Invicta watches include a note to the wearer to seek medical attention in the event he has an erection that lasts more than four hours. I'm not kidding.

cleverlyc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cleverlyc

Yikes, these are still here? Super-sized, super-ugly and still super-overpriced.
MSRP is ludicrously inaccurate, like someone who calls themselves 'Fair & Balanced,' but is missing one side of the balance entirely.

vwoom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vwoom

Nah..those are wimpy Invictas.

This is what I'm talking about. Sweet deal I got for $285 shipped.

Invicta Men's F0003 Reserve Collection Venom Chronograph Gunmetal Ion-Plated Watch

Case Diameter: 52mm

Swiss Made (5 Year Invicta Warranty)

Movement: Swiss Ronda Startech 5040.D

vwoom

Another sweet deal for $345 shipped.

Invicta 1601 Venom Stealth Reserve Black Label Chronograph Watch (my 2nd Venom)

Case Diameter: 52mm

Swiss Made (5 Year Invicta Warranty)

Movement: Swiss Ronda Mastertech 8040.N

hehthuryo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages hehthuryo
Bandrik wrote:Not trying to turn anyone off of Invicta, but I'll share what I've heard: I was conversing with a wristwatch enthusiast, and I mentioned Invicta. He told me not to waste my time (lol pun). They aren't terrible, but there's better options for the money.

I'm told that Orient makes inexpensive but gorgeous watches, as long as you don't mind Chinese movement (I believe Invicta is Chinese as well so no difference). They have great quality, last long, and don't break the bank. Key word is "inexpensive", not cheap.

Here's some examples on IslandWatch — I'm eying the "skeleton" watches. Xmas gift to myself maybe?

The Orient watches don't look any better than the Invictas.

deedubbadoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deedubbadoo

I've had one of the 52mm Russian Dive watches for a little over two years know. I'm a big guy, so I needed something large with some weight that wouldn't look ridiculous on my wrist. I never had a single problem with mine, and I get compliments all the time on the watch. It is big, heavy, and slightly obnoxious, but for the money, it is perfect. I don't wear it everyday, because it does have some heft to it. My G-Shock is my go to, but the Invicta is definitely in regular rotation.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll
cleverlyc wrote:Yikes, these are still here? Super-sized, super-ugly and still super-overpriced.
MSRP is ludicrously inaccurate, like someone who calls themselves 'Fair & Balanced,' but is missing one side of the balance entirely.

And when you buy an Invicta you can say with pride, "now, it is not just the clowns at the circus that wear huge A*sed watches."

woottoady

quality posts: 33 Private Messages woottoady

These are amazing. Even with a dead battery Invicta watches accurately display the precise time twice daily.

mthomas51

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mthomas51

Just got mine in the mail today and I am happy with it. I've spent more then this on crappier watches.

hdlp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hdlp

I have a few Seikos and one Invicta. It's the Invicta Reserve Russian Diver Akula watch (the strap version). Yes it has a obnoxious $899.00 MSPR tag on it, but the dial does say "Swiss Made" and the quality and style are overall impressive for the money. I paid $85 for it as the display model at Costco

It's big, it's heavy, but not overall in-your-face like some other flashier models. It also came with a nice, equally big box. I don't trash Invicta brand as a whole as they do have some nice watches.

vwoom

charliecarroll wrote:And when you buy an Invicta you can say with pride, "now, it is not just the clowns at the circus that wear huge A*sed watches."

Better than wearing a lady's watch though...

Choge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Choge

I'd buy 1 if it was a Breitling :P

mdnorman

Choge wrote:I'd buy 1 if it was a Breitling :P

At this price you'd be a fool to buy less than three if it was a Breitling.