WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Little Giant Ladders and Accessories

Once upon a time, there was a little giant who needed a way to see the world. And so, that little giant invented a ladder. True story! And by true, we mean "the exact opposite of true." But it's cute to think about, isn't it?
Little Giant official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Climb high above the zombies with a ladder. But for non-zombie use, we'd love to hear your reviews on this gear!

I'm just hanging out, really.

carolalleman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages carolalleman

I bought this ladder and the accessory pack. GREAT decision! It's easy to set up, sturdy, stable, and the tool holder lets me get more done without climbing up and down. I've had it for a few months and it's been getting a real workout.

mreynolds179

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mreynolds179

Does anyone know if this will work with the Werner style ladders that are similar to the Little Giant?

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Why is this described in the Features section as a 22-foot ladder, but in the Specs the max extended height is only 19 feet?

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

frostykev

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frostykev
coynedj wrote:Why is this described in the Features section as a 22-foot ladder, but in the Specs the max extended height is only 19 feet?

Model 22 doesn't mean 22 feet. These come in Model 13/17/19 which are 10/15/19 feet extension ladders, not sure where the model numbers come from. . .

perks713

quality posts: 0 Private Messages perks713

"Constructed of aerospace-grade aluminum making it the lightest 22-foot multi-use ladder on the market"

My only guess would be that it's 22 feet long if you lay it down, but if you're actually gonna use the ladder it only reaches 19 feet after you angle it?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

perks713 wrote:"Constructed of aerospace-grade aluminum making it the lightest 22-foot multi-use ladder on the market"

My only guess would be that it's 22 feet long if you lay it down, but if you're actually gonna use the ladder it only reaches 19 feet after you angle it?

I've always wondered if it was that or the top step was at 19'.

If it helps any, our specs are straight from the Little Ladder site:

Little Ladder

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

sesamepeanut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sesamepeanut

you might as well just buy from littlegiant.com, same price, free shipping plus free work platform and NO TAX except in UTAH

jnovak0083

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jnovak0083

Just checked out the little Giant website. Same ladder, same price, but includes step accessories and free shipping.....

nosty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nosty

FWIW - On little giant's website the free platform is only for Classic Type 1A models, not the Alta-One.

But it does still have free shipping, so still a better deal, but the posts above are a little misleading/uninformed.

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl

work platform is 40 cents more on amazon with free shipping for prime... bigger discount needed woot!

pfffft!

bongodingo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages bongodingo

That rack is only $22.50 at Amazon. The cargo hold is $27.38 shipped. The work platform is $30.

Cheaper and faster shipping at parent company. No deals there.

duken58

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duken58

While these aren't necessarily that good of deals individually, I did find that the 3-Accessory bundle was worth it even with the $5 shipping. It saved me a little overall than buying from Amazon, since I was going to buy them all anyway.

ibolling

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ibolling

This isnt a good deal. You guys offered this for less a few weeks ago. Very dissapointed in cost of accessories. 4% off suggested retail?

Ian Bolling

ossc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ossc

Check refurbs on eBay.

murphjm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages murphjm
mreynolds179 wrote:Does anyone know if this will work with the Werner style ladders that are similar to the Little Giant?

I can only speak for the work platform. I tried it out on my Werner MT-13 ladder tonight. The steps on the Werner are slightly wider than those on my Little Giant Alta-one 17. Also the lower (outer) steps on the Werner are slightly curved .It seems fine to use as a shelf in the middle of the ladder. I think it's fine to use as a step on the outside of the ladder, but with the slightly wider steps and curved outer surface (if you end up resting the bottom on the outer portion of the ladder, it is slightly wobblier than it is on the little giant. I wouldn't recommend doing a jig while you're up there, but I think it's fine to use on the Werner. Actually, once you have your weight on it, it doesn't shift. I plan to use the platform on both ladders. I hope this helps.
Also, I don't see any reason why the tool bag wouldn't work and since the steps of the Werner are slightly wider the wall hanger should work too.

frostykev

quality posts: 2 Private Messages frostykev

Its still a deal if your buying all 3, including shipping it's 5 less. . .

iluvmyritz

quality posts: 3 Private Messages iluvmyritz

I bought the ladder hanging rack about 6 months ago from Tanga.com for $19.99. I don't think they sell it anymore, but still... means you can get it cheaper elsewhere. I must agree with others, there are no real deals here and I am seeing this a lot from Woot! now. I used to buy a lot of things from Woot! but now visit other sites and buy from them more often. :-(

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal

I don't always use a ladder. But when I do, it's a Little Giant.

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

jjkenobi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jjkenobi

Yikes that is expensive. I bought the knock off from Lowes for $99 5 years ago and it's still going strong.

branash1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages branash1

Ok, for all of you saying that its cheaper elsewhere here what I found.

Amazon with work platform - 281 (259+tax w/ free shipping)
Little Giant site - 259, free ship, no tax
Woot - 248 with tax and shipping
Overstock.com - 229 with free shipping and NO tax - WINNER

Basically adding the work platform to your Woot order is the same price on Amazon.

I expect better prices from Woot but it's not a bad deal here.

andrewtl

branash1 wrote:
I expect better prices from Woot but it's not a bad deal here.

Depends on how loose your definition of "deal" is. In this case, the "d" word doesn't apply IMHO.

pfffft!

branash1

andrewtl wrote:Depends on how loose your definition of "deal" is. In this case, the "d" word doesn't apply IMHO.

You're right. After doing some shopping around and finding a coupon I got this puppy for $207 from Overstock.com!

dnebel514

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dnebel514
branash1 wrote:You're right. After doing some shopping around and finding a coupon I got this puppy for $207 from Overstock.com!

What coupon did you use? Do share, please.

andrewtl

dnebel514 wrote:What coupon did you use? Do share, please.

they have been having a lot of 10% off coupons lately, just get on their mailing list.

pfffft!

branash1

dnebel514 wrote:What coupon did you use? Do share, please.

It was a coupon I found just searching on google for a new customer. I've shopped on overstock before, but my wife hadnt so I used her info and got the discount.

srac911

quality posts: 0 Private Messages srac911
andrewtl wrote:they have been having a lot of 10% off coupons lately, just get on their mailing list.

Did it take long to get a reply once you sign up on their mailing list? I haven't gotten a message back yet...