fes

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fes

icky germified remote controls. the comforter always gets kicked to the floor, but i HAVE to use the remote.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

Pull back the comforter and the roaches run. I went straight to the office and made them reverse my card. 20 miles and $55 more got me a Drury Inn, no contest.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

When we were young,Hubby and I bought a two man backpacking tent, close cell pads and sleeping bags.

We realized after just one overnight trip that we didn't want to stay in any hotel we could afford.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

davevpi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davevpi

Are these places that don't wash the sheets low end hotels or does it apply to reasonably nice places as well like Hyatt or Holiday Inn Express?

Steven53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Steven53

I pull off the top bed comforter and I have a portable UV sterilizing wand.

thumperchick

quality posts: 253 Private Messages thumperchick
davevpi wrote:Are these places that don't wash the sheets low end hotels or does it apply to reasonably nice places as well like Hyatt or Holiday Inn Express?

Each hotel is run independently. I've been in stellar HIE's and really, really, gross and scary ones.

wingedsurfgirl

quality posts: 25 Private Messages wingedsurfgirl
davevpi wrote:Are these places that don't wash the sheets low end hotels or does it apply to reasonably nice places as well like Hyatt or Holiday Inn Express?

The place I worked at was upscale. It depends on the management though. A place can appear upscale yet use cost cutting moves wherever they can to maintain that image. If the bedspreads/blankets appeared visibly soiled or smelled strongly, or if a guest complained, they were changed.

The place in Hawaii with the pubic hair was a very upscale resort suite. The new suite we received after was very clean (but I still changed the sheets).

The place with the dead hooker was a low to mid range accommodation.

Oh and very important! If you're bringing your own linens, I recommend leaving pillows at home, just bring pillowcases/sheets. It's a good idea to keep clean clothes ziplocked in a spacesaver bag. And before you bring any of your clothing that got out of that bag home, take it and your sheets, etc to a laundromat. Wash on hot and dry on high for minimum of 5 to 10 minutes to kill any bedbugs you may have picked up.