WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

A Theater? In Your Home??

Admit it: You're not going out tonight. You might fool yourself into thinking you will go out, but you're not going to. Sorry. Instead, why not curl up on the couch and watch a movie on your rad new home theater? The trick is setting reasonable goals and achieving them. 

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

What's playing in your home theater?

I'm just hanging out, really.

computiac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages computiac
inkycatz wrote:What's playing in your home theater?

I have the Pioneer VSX1021-k AVR and it is perfect.
Have it set-up for 7.1 with Pioneer FS51-front's, BS21-front wide,C21-center, BS41's-surround's, Martin Logan 8" sub. TV is LG 55LW6500,
55" 3-D HDTV. Roku XD/S from woot of course.

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

Eratosthenes

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Eratosthenes

Harrypotter - Harrypotter.

Harrypotter - Harrypotter.

SnapeHarrySnapeHarrySnapeHarrySnapeHarryDUMBLEDORE!!!

grtgrfx

quality posts: 6 Private Messages grtgrfx

Had the Pioneer VSX-1021K for a few months, but sold it in favor of an NAD T747 AVR. Doesn't have quite the full-on internet capability and iPod integration, but the sound is smoother and it's a nicer unit.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
grtgrfx wrote:Had the Pioneer VSX-1021K for a few months, but sold it in favor of an NAD T747 AVR. Doesn't have quite the full-on internet capability and iPod integration, but the sound is smoother and it's a nicer unit.

Considering the NAD is a $1000+ receiver, and the Pioneer is only $250, I would certainly hope the NAD sounds better

Actually I'm digging all the internet/iPhone integration and how you can configure the Pioneer from your iPad and it uploads the config to the receiver, very nice to see a manufacturer who "gets it" in this day and age!

sprinklah007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sprinklah007

Anyone know anything about the HK 7550 unit?

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

sorry, could you say that again? I couldn't make it out clearly over the choir of angels. nice work - and thanks for the specificity.

computiac wrote:I have the Pioneer VSX1021-k AVR and it is perfect.
Have it set-up for 7.1 with Pioneer FS51-front's, BS21-front wide,C21-center, BS41's-surround's, Martin Logan 8" sub. TV is LG 55LW6500,
55" 3-D HDTV. Roku XD/S from woot of course.

vagel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vagel

Figures Woot comes along with this package of items three days after I purchased a Yamaha 7.1 receiver, blu-ray player and surround speakers on amazon.

:/

I would have been all over that Harmon Kardon 7.1 refurb too. Well at least the Yamaha RX-V573 I purchased has a network connection.

ohiolicense

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohiolicense

So clueless.... sorry! Do the speakers listed work with the Pioneer VSX1022-K AVR?

computiac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages computiac
ohiolicense wrote:So clueless.... sorry! Do the speakers listed work with the Pioneer VSX1022-K AVR?

Yes

Thank's,

COMPUTIAC

ohiolicense

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohiolicense
computiac wrote:Yes

Thank you!!!

lyman123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lyman123
vagel wrote:Figures Woot comes along with this package of items three days after I purchased a Yamaha 7.1 receiver, blu-ray player and surround speakers on amazon.

:/

I would have been all over that Harmon Kardon 7.1 refurb too. Well at least the Yamaha RX-V573 I purchased has a network connection.

Don't sweat it. The Yammy is better built. I just got this receiver from BB and it had a dead HDMI board - so I sent it back like a soup with a hair in it. Got the Yammy A710 (on clearance) and it is much better - plus the control app for android works really well, and the on-screen interface is much better.

You made out OK!

colgraff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colgraff

So, is the soundbar worth buying? I could use one; my vizio's internal speakers are nothing to write home about, and I don't really have room for a 5.1 setup.

kautilyatyagi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kautilyatyagi

Can anyone help me with this? I just purchased a house with in-Wall speakers in each room. There are 10 speakers in total, all connected to one source. I want to selectively control output to certain speakers (create zones). Can this receiver do that? Currently I am using Pioneer VSX-516, it can reduce the output volume to selective speakers but doesn't completely cut it off.

For example: I want to cut off o/p to all speaker and just enable the deck speakers. I can't do it with my current receiver. (unless I unhook the other 8 speakers from the back :-P )

warrior within

rcastro0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rcastro0
kautilyatyagi wrote:Can anyone help me with this? I just purchased a house with in-Wall speakers in each room. There are 10 speakers in total, all connected to one source. I want to selectively control output to certain speakers (create zones).

Use something like this with your speaker outputs:
Monoprice 4-channel selector with volume control

Also, you could also save your Pioneer for a HT set-up, and go with a cheaper, dedicated stereo amp, such as this for your ambient system:
Lepai Tripath Amplifier

The selector above can deal with only 4 speaker pairs, though. If you'd like to select between 6 pairs (though loosing the individual pair volume control) you could use this:
Monoprice 6-channel selector

Regards

Guapo77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Guapo77
colgraff wrote:So, is the soundbar worth buying? I could use one; my vizio's internal speakers are nothing to write home about, and I don't really have room for a 5.1 setup.

I bought one, I have been looking for one since I live in a small condo. The reviews for it on Amazon are mostly positive (oddly the biggest complaint seems to be about a sticker that is attached to the speaker grill which appears to have been fixed in later production of the model) and the retail price new for it is around $300.

Seems like a good shot to give it a whirl.

slickddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slickddy
colgraff wrote:So, is the soundbar worth buying? I could use one; my vizio's internal speakers are nothing to write home about, and I don't really have room for a 5.1 setup.

I don't have this exact model but an older model of the BA soundbar/sub (Tvee model two). The sound is much better from the bar/sub than from my Samsung TV. For what it is worth BA is selling refurbs of the tvee 25 on their site for $200 so this looks like a pretty good deal here. Don't expect full surround or a theater-like experience from this type of speaker setup, but for the price I would say it is a good investment. It is a hell of a lot cheaper than a surround setup.

jbasha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbasha
sprinklah007 wrote:Anyone know anything about the HK 7550 unit?

I've owned 2 Harmon Kardons. I still use an AVR-635. They're well built, commercial quality, and HEAVY. Definitely the Cadillac of the AVRs listed here.

freefall86

quality posts: 3 Private Messages freefall86

TV: Sony KDL-46EX500
Reciever: Pioneer VSX-1122
Speakers: Klipsch Quintet 5spkr
Subwoofer: Klipsch SW-450

bob777fred

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bob777fred

TV: Panny 42" G10 (still in love)
Reciever: Onkyo TX-NR509
Speakers + Sub: JBL CS480BG (neighbors "love" them ;-))

wootdesko

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootdesko

I'm looking at the samsung blu-ray player and wondering when it says "apps" does that include netflix.

slickddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages slickddy
wootdesko wrote:I'm looking at the samsung blu-ray player and wondering when it says "apps" does that include netflix.

yes

ptr

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ptr

Looking to completely redo the main audio system.

Someone please tell me why these Energy Take speakers are not a good deal (if matched with a semi-good receiver)...

Getting ready to pull the trigger on these.

lyman123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lyman123

Receiver: Yamaha RX-A710
BluRay: Oppo BDP-93
TV: Panasonic TCP60ST30
Speakers: Mirage FRx-7
Sub: HSU STF-3

vagel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vagel
lyman123 wrote:Don't sweat it. The Yammy is better built. I just got this receiver from BB and it had a dead HDMI board - so I sent it back like a soup with a hair in it. Got the Yammy A710 (on clearance) and it is much better - plus the control app for android works really well, and the on-screen interface is much better.

You made out OK!

Thanks for the reply. I feel a little better now. Especially since I got an open box special for $350 compared to the $550 sticker.

jester6641

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jester6641

Bought the TVee 25 w/ wireless sub. Plugged it in...turned it on...heard the sweet sounds of something not my TV's built in speakers...watched it turn off 60 seconds later.

Wait...what?

Yep, won't stay on for more than a minute. Auto shuts off every time. Working on figuring out a fix, but the googles are not leaving me optomistic.

And now I has a sad...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jester6641 wrote:Bought the TVee 25 w/ wireless sub. Plugged it in...turned it on...heard the sweet sounds of something not my TV's built in speakers...watched it turn off 60 seconds later.

Wait...what?

Yep, won't stay on for more than a minute. Auto shuts off every time. Working on figuring out a fix, but the googles are not leaving me optomistic.

And now I has a sad...

From previous sales:

The light goes off but they're still working. You just don't have a light staring you in the eyes while you watch your movie.

Also, they turn on if there's an audio source. No sound, not on.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jester6641

ThunderThighs wrote:From previous sales:

The light goes off but they're still working. You just don't have a light staring you in the eyes while you watch your movie.

Also, they turn on if there's an audio source. No sound, not on.

Yeah, I saw that, too, but that's not what's happening. The lights go off after a second or two, the audio keeps going. Then a minute after that the power light comes on red for a second and the audio stops. You have to turn it back on to get it to work for another minute.

Also, I tried using the RCA inputs instead of the optical in and it did stay on for more than a minute. But instead, after about a minute the subwoofer started buzzing. Tried turning the bar and the sub off and on again, tried changing sub channels, tried going back to the optical in, but the buzzing persists. And if I'm using the optical in, it still turns itself off after 60 seconds.

Yep, it's going back.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jester6641 wrote:Yeah, I saw that, too, but that's not what's happening. The lights go off after a second or two, the audio keeps going. Then a minute after that the power light comes on red for a second and the audio stops. You have to turn it back on to get it to work for another minute.

Also, I tried using the RCA inputs instead of the optical in and it did stay on for more than a minute. But instead, after about a minute the subwoofer started buzzing. Tried turning the bar and the sub off and on again, tried changing sub channels, tried going back to the optical in, but the buzzing persists. And if I'm using the optical in, it still turns itself off after 60 seconds.

Yep, it's going back.

Okay, let support@woot.com know if you have any issues with your return!

I'm just hanging out, really.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jester6641 wrote:Yeah, I saw that, too, but that's not what's happening. The lights go off after a second or two, the audio keeps going. Then a minute after that the power light comes on red for a second and the audio stops. You have to turn it back on to get it to work for another minute.

Yep, it's going back.

Gotcha. Sorry for the problems. You can contact Woot customer service or Audyssey directly. They have been working closely with any of our customers that have had problems. The Audessey rep is Cindy. ctrudeau@audyssey.com

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jester6641

ThunderThighs wrote:Gotcha. Sorry for the problems. You can contact Woot customer service or Audyssey directly. They have been working closely with any of our customers that have had problems. The Audessey rep is Cindy. ctrudeau@audyssey.com

Woot support was awesome. Sent me a new one fast as anything. However, the new one didn't work either (different problems). Now talking with them about that.

Bummer.