WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Living Room Camping: Air Beds And Sleeping Bags

So you've been kicked out of your own bedroom and forced to sleep in the living room. Why not make an adventure of it? "Doghouse Quest, starring: You." Who knows what regret you might find in the secret "cave" of your sleeping bag? 

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

You've got to put those guests somewhere, right? (Besides a hotel.)

Tell us about these beds!

I'm just hanging out, really.

haupt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages haupt

Whats the difference between the American Trails 3MF2501Z-MILLS Twin Ridge 5 Sleeping Bag and the American Trails 4MK2501PLZ Apache 5 Sleeping Bag? The features are identical.

masamunesslave

quality posts: 3 Private Messages masamunesslave

Anybody have any idea if either of these air beds have plugs in addition to the built in pumps?

It would seem more trouble than it's worth if you HAVE to plug it in to inflate AND deflate.

Jixiar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jixiar

If you think these can't be used on a camping trip, lemme tell you? They most certainly CAN, and SHOULD.

Those "Therma-rest" pads are okay, if you happen to have the same build as Shelly Duval. But if you have any meat on your bones at all, those bones will find every thin spot, rock, twig and root.

If hauling gear isn't necessarily a problem, then this is worth bringing along.

mkarpov

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mkarpov

Thanks to Woot! for adding the country of origin. I like to buy American products whenever possible.

techstorm

quality posts: 3 Private Messages techstorm
haupt wrote:Whats the difference between the American Trails 3MF2501Z-MILLS Twin Ridge 5 Sleeping Bag and the American Trails 4MK2501PLZ Apache 5 Sleeping Bag? The features are identical.

Maybe the name Apache 5 is offensive to native americans so they market the Timber Ridge 5 to them. Then the environmentalists don't like them using the word Timber so they market Apache 5 to them.

All kidding aside these look like nice bags I may get one.

omlittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omlittle
masamunesslave wrote:Anybody have any idea if either of these air beds have plugs in addition to the built in pumps?

It would seem more trouble than it's worth if you HAVE to plug it in to inflate AND deflate.

I have the queen sized version of the inclining aerobed and I'm almost positive that there aren't any additional plugs. I didn't mind plugging it in to inflate or deflate though ...the process was so unbelievably quick and easy.

I bought the queen sized one so that my boyfriend and I would have somewhere comfy to sleep on our vacation for a whole week. I love the aerobed, and the inclining feature rocks! The only negative was how heavy it is, but I'm guessing the twin size is much lighter and easier to manage...I definitely recommend!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

haupt wrote:Whats the difference between the American Trails 3MF2501Z-MILLS Twin Ridge 5 Sleeping Bag and the American Trails 4MK2501PLZ Apache 5 Sleeping Bag? The features are identical.

Guess what!? They are identical. Same bag just sold with different names by different retailers. So now your choice is which name do you prefer?

◄••• Click • • • Or Click here •••► How to Play

bweidena

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bweidena

Can the American Trails 3MF2501Z-MILLS Twin Ridge 5 Sleeping Bags or the American Trails 4MK2501PLZ Apache 5 Sleeping Bags be zipped together?

darnell7979

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darnell7979

Apache 5 made in the USA!? Yep, I'm in for 2!

masamunesslave

quality posts: 3 Private Messages masamunesslave
omlittle wrote:I have the queen sized version of the inclining aerobed and I'm almost positive that there aren't any additional plugs. I didn't mind plugging it in to inflate or deflate though ...the process was so unbelievably quick and easy.

I bought the queen sized one so that my boyfriend and I would have somewhere comfy to sleep on our vacation for a whole week. I love the aerobed, and the inclining feature rocks! The only negative was how heavy it is, but I'm guessing the twin size is much lighter and easier to manage...I definitely recommend!

Will they deflate without plugging it in?

thordic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thordic
masamunesslave wrote:Will they deflate without plugging it in?

Not easily.

ajkjules

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ajkjules

I've had the Insta-Bed for 2+ years now, purchased it for guests visiting us in our NYC apartment. I've also slept on it when my parents were visiting and I gave them my bed/bedroom. Really comfortable, easy to set up, and never had any air leakage to this point. Great purchase, esp at this price.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch

In for the Apache 5,like to have one in the house to use when there is a power failure.......hmmmmmmm toasty ! Also not bad to have one in the trunk of the car if you're in the very cold area of the country and get stuck on the road.

jtz77

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jtz77
darnell7979 wrote:Apache 5 made in the USA!? Yep, I'm in for 2!

Same here.

Being made in the USA is what sealed the deal for me.

ke7bo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ke7bo

I'm guessing the picture associated with the Smokey UMK2501BKS was wrong since not only did I only get one of the two that I ordered, but instead of being a rectangle style bag with small diamond pattern and carry handle on the carry sack, I got this:

So did I get the wrong one or did someone repack some other random bag into the package? What I got doesn't match any of the pics from the event. Already submitted a case for getting only one instead of two (before opening this one to find that it isn't what was shown on site). Really don't like this style compared to what was pictured on the site. Hopefully woot can make this right.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 152 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

ke7bo wrote:I'm guessing the picture associated with the Smokey UMK2501BKS was wrong since not only did I only get one of the two that I ordered, but instead of being a rectangle style bag with small diamond pattern and carry handle on the carry sack, I got this:

So did I get the wrong one or did someone repack some other random bag into the package? What I got doesn't match any of the pics from the event. Already submitted a case for getting only one instead of two (before opening this one to find that it isn't what was shown on site). Really don't like this style compared to what was pictured on the site. Hopefully woot can make this right.

We're sorry to hear that there are complications to your order.

Please feel free to email Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have about your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff