kwaping

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kwaping

To the rechargeable battery people:

BOOM!

As previously stated by someone else, bluetooth connectivity is not an issue either. I say we are getting an amazing deal on these boxes versus the newer one, considering those features are now "optional" and not rolled into the initial purchase price.

thedevin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thedevin

This was clearly created by the D-Cell battery lobby. Besides these and Mag-lite flashlights why do D-Cell batteries even exist anymore?

benocha

quality posts: 3 Private Messages benocha

In for the 3x boombox, any electrical gurus here? Thinking about getting 12 rechargeable D lithium batteries and solder them into series so I can also dremel a small charging port for the battery pack to just run the boombox off of one port while it charges at the same time. Possible?

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

The boombox has been around a lot longer than you might think:

------------------
I Bet on Sky

Arista07

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arista07

Most haphazard superfluous woot I've yet to make. It's so pretty, though!

I'm hoping this doesn't bite me in the ass and arrived screwed (and chopped) in some sort of way. That's the kind of luck I'm having.

willelm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages willelm

That thing is huge and hideously ugly. No thanks!

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

After a year of owning the 3 speaker version (which I paid $450 for altogether with a warranty) I can say a few things on it. Me and my friends bought it to play on the sidewalk and dance around, its a blast and has gotten a massive amount of impressed complements. It's loud but at the same time about what you could expect from something who designers had to make practical to run on battery power.
We're young whippersnappers and take turns wearing it on our shoulders, so as far as weight goes, its heavy but if your even reasonably fit you should be able to prop it up and walk for at least a few blocks before swapping with someone (if that's what your into). One thing I will say is that I wouldn't spend the extra money again on the 3 speaker model with the sub. Those bass frequencies are just too energy hungry for a few D batteries to handle and they were never as particularly impressive as I was hoping for.
So for spontaneous dance parties or just awesome walking music, these are totally worth it.

On an unrelated note,
we've recently decided we want to be a little more obnoxious so we're upgrading to a portable power generator and a home theater 500W system which will be exponentially louder (but may also earn us a firm talking to) when we take it to the streets.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

Arista07

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arista07

Whoa. These guys ran two mics a full sized keyboard and a guitar through the 3 speaker.

The Upperclass Men TDK 3 Speaker Boombox

Given it's primary use is not as an amp, I think that's pretty wicked. Glad I jumped.

stinhoutx

quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx

I miss my Magnavox (D8443) boom box, from the mid-80s. :-(

I worked hoeing (cabbage farming people!!) for three weeks to save up. Left it at my parents place while on a Summer internship in the early 90s and they were burgled.

Miss it more than my DAK Thunder Lizard Colossus speakers...

jf12volt

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jf12volt

Staff

Confirmed. Yes it does.

maxlambertson wrote:Would the usb input work with an iPhone 5? Or would you need to use the audio line in?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

I'm very surprised this image hasn't been suggested yet:

NormalInk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NormalInk

I can't tell anymore if things are new or refurbished. Anyone know which this is?

ROGETRAY

Staff

NormalInk wrote:I can't tell anymore if things are new or refurbished. Anyone know which this is?

per the Specifications:

Condition: New

waffle

quality posts: 5 Private Messages waffle
ROGETRAY wrote:I'm very surprised this image hasn't been suggested yet:

Went to highschool w/ Mr. Cusack. Not a very pleasant person back then, and he was fat. His sister, however, is a sweetie.

patrice2

quality posts: 4 Private Messages patrice2

Is there an easy dc adapter for using in the car (yeah I have an old car with a broken sound system)

nemethmic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nemethmic

http://tdkboombox.com/tdk-3-speaker-boombox/

we'll see..Im in for the 3 I can't resist

yrguide

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yrguide
waffle wrote:Went to highschool w/ Mr. Cusack. Not a very pleasant person back then, and he was fat. His sister, however, is a sweetie.

Please god tell me you still have your old yearbook please?

ROGETRAY

Staff

yrguide wrote:Please god tell me you still have your old yearbook please?

Yes, I'm in agreement with yrguide here...

clipscom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages clipscom

...This is very tempting....but Sandy stole what little bit of disposable income I had. Tis the nature of hurricanes...I am still very tempted...I will fight through it.

lapoltba

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lapoltba

Did someone say ghettoblaster? If it doesn't shoot rockets, I don't want one.

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422

The 3 speaker version sounds quite amazing.

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

NormalInk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NormalInk
ROGETRAY wrote:per the Specifications:

Condition: New

Somehow I'm still not seeing any condition info on the site in the Specs or elsewhere, but thanks!

Now I'm just curious if anyone has any experience running audio from 3rd party apps from an iPhone through the 30-pin/USB (e.g., Spotify, Pandora, YouTube, etc).

gongli

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gongli
Seattleone wrote:why why why..I really do not need this but I bought one...I feel a little better buying the one for $ $139 vs $219

Sell it on the ebay and make some money off of it...

heliosphann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heliosphann

I don't really need this, but it's just aesthetically amazing and I HAVE TO HAVE ONE!

I'll no doubt find some use for it will all the various functions it has.

cume80

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cume80

Can't use 220V?.....

peanut squirrel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peanut squirrel

2 words: Bose Soundlink. Rechargeable, Bluetooth and Bose.

'nuff said.

w00t!

fireballtp

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fireballtp

SOOOOO glad i resisted. I probably would have bought one if I didn't have a JVC Kaboom laying around.

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
peanut squirrel wrote:2 words: Bose Soundlink. Rechargeable, Bluetooth and Bose.

'nuff said.

Now thats funny.......comparing the Bose Soundlink to the TDK there really is no comparison.......go BIG or GO HOME. Owe and depending on which one you bought the TDK is $80 cheaper or $170 cheaper.

lethargicmass

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lethargicmass
peanut squirrel wrote:2 words: Bose Soundlink. Rechargeable, Bluetooth and Bose.

'nuff said.

So, what you're saying is "Two out of three ain't bad"?

I love bacon!

waffle

ugh

popped on it late last night. I am a total sucker for speakers, etc. Think I will see how this works as a TV speaker set. If not stick it in the kitchen for BIG BOOM

freekshow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freekshow

Anyone had theirs ship yet??? I ordered and have not heard any good news on shipping.. thanks for any info on when to expect it

ROGETRAY

Staff

freekshow wrote:Anyone had theirs ship yet??? I ordered and have not heard any good news on shipping.. thanks for any info on when to expect it

Depending on the shipping method you chose, the standard shipping can take up to 5 days to ship.

If your shipping status still hasn't updated by Thursday, please email us at support@woot.com and we'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

subether

quality posts: 3 Private Messages subether

Received mine today (It appears I live in the same city as the warehouse- bonus!) and it's verry niiice! (and verrry heavy, too.)

I expect this is going to get some serious use at the new house as I get the place cleaned up before move-in, and for the occasional pool party.

heliosphann

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heliosphann

Received mine today. This thing is one beautiful beast. Only hooked up a USB drive to it so far, but damn does it sound good.

benocha

quality posts: 3 Private Messages benocha

nice bass response from a 6inch speaker, got my 3 speaker this morning, i used it tonight for the black ops 2 midnight launch at gamestop and i got so many comments both from the style and sound. very pleased with my boombox.

cmacclel

So you guys that got them where did they ship from? CA?

All I have is a UPS tracking number no with scan as of yet.

benocha wrote:nice bass response from a 6inch speaker, got my 3 speaker this morning, i used it tonight for the black ops 2 midnight launch at gamestop and i got so many comments both from the style and sound. very pleased with my boombox.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
cmacclel wrote:So you guys that got them where did they ship from? CA?

All I have is a UPS tracking number no with scan as of yet.

Although it looks like some folks have already gotten them, be sure to allow up to five business days for processing and shipping.

After that, feel free to tap support@woot.com for info on your order.

I'm just hanging out, really.

cmacclel

inkycatz wrote:Although it looks like some folks have already gotten them, be sure to allow up to five business days for processing and shipping.

After that, feel free to tap support@woot.com for info on your order.

My tracking info was updated these are shipping out of NJ.....scheduled for tomorrow delivery for me

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
cmacclel wrote:My tracking info was updated these are shipping out of NJ.....scheduled for tomorrow delivery for me

Day just got better, didn't it?

I'm just hanging out, really.

waffle

got mine, paid extra for quickie shipping!

Stylistically, A+. Still not sure on sound. Hooked up my nexus 7 via aux and used google play. Will try other options later. I must say, I am pretty impressed so far.