ianbaker5


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ianbaker5

I missed out on this deal. I hope it shows up again!

goochyman


quality posts: 0 Private Messages goochyman

I have a problem with my order. I placed an order for 3 units. (2) of the "TDK 2 Speaker Boombox" & (1) of the "TDK 3 Speaker Boombox"

The (2) "TDK 2 Speaker Boombox" showed up yesterday in the UPS but the 3 speaker boombox did not.

When I view my order details it only shows one tracking # which would lead me to believe they were all coming in one box...
Has anyone else had this happen?
I sent an email to woot customer service but haven't heard back from them yet.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
goochyman wrote:I have a problem with my order. I placed an order for 3 units. (2) of the "TDK 2 Speaker Boombox" & (1) of the "TDK 3 Speaker Boombox"

The (2) "TDK 2 Speaker Boombox" showed up yesterday in the UPS but the 3 speaker boombox did not.

When I view my order details it only shows one tracking # which would lead me to believe they were all coming in one box...
Has anyone else had this happen?
I sent an email to woot customer service but haven't heard back from them yet.


It may have shipped separately, yeah. Thanks for letting us know you've written in, and keep us posted.

I'm just hanging out, really.

twillford27


quality posts: 0 Private Messages twillford27

I ordered one of the three speaker boxes and the order status says awaiting shipping. Any idea when these will ship?

freekshow


quality posts: 0 Private Messages freekshow

Looks like if you opted for two day shipping, you probably received yours already, but for all of us that chose STANDARD SLOW BOAT ,MAYBE ONE DAY IT WILL SHIP shipping, it does not look like they have shipped yet and we will be in the " awaiting shipping " mode for awhile :-) lol

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
freekshow wrote:Looks like if you opted for two day shipping, you probably received yours already, but for all of us that chose STANDARD SLOW BOAT ,MAYBE ONE DAY IT WILL SHIP shipping, it does not look like they have shipped yet and we will be in the " awaiting shipping " mode for awhile :-) lol



We like to advise folks to allow five full business days for shipping/processing. Hang in there!

I'm just hanging out, really.

benocha


quality posts: 3 Private Messages benocha

Listen up wooters, be patient, trust me, when you get yours you probably won't stop listening to it, it's been 3 days with little sleep since I can't get enough of the fidelity from this 3 speaker, it can be too loud, and it DOESN'T distort! Screw Bose, they have crap products. Like TDK on their Facebook page so they can continue to make badass products like these.

Arista07


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Arista07
freekshow wrote:Looks like if you opted for two day shipping, you probably received yours already, but for all of us that chose STANDARD SLOW BOAT ,MAYBE ONE DAY IT WILL SHIP shipping, it does not look like they have shipped yet and we will be in the " awaiting shipping " mode for awhile :-) lol


I actually chose standard Dumbpost shipping and it arrived this afternoon. I kid you not. I'm shocked.

I've played some 320 kbps tracks on the box and the sound quality is pretty high level. Music set at lower volumes isn't as crisp, but the from midrange to 11 it's very clear. I did expect the highest setting to be a tad higher as per some reviews, but given it's 35W, I shouldn't expect miracles. However, I also read that tracks played via the 30 pin ipod port are louder than the AUX which I've been using. I'm picking up the 5th Gen iPod this weekend, so we'll see. If for whatever reason that connection is distorted, again as per some reviews, then I'll give upgrading the firmware a go.

cmacclel


quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel

Mine came today and doesn't work with the original ipad video. As for sound it sounds nice but less bass than I expected. Now to build a custom Li-Ion battery pack. The AC/DC adapter it comes with is 24v out.....12 D cells is 18v......hmm

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 168 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

cmacclel wrote:Mine came today and doesn't work with the original ipad video. As for sound it sounds nice but less bass than I expected. Now to build a custom Li-Ion battery pack. The AC/DC adapter it comes with is 24v out.....12 D cells is 18v......hmm



If you have a particular issue you would like resolved, please feel free to email us at support@woot.com and Member Services will be glad to assist you.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

mrballistic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrballistic

i got mine today. super sexy.

on mine, the volume knob is wicked loose, and slips constantly. does anyone else have this happen? is there any easy way to tighten up the knob? i'm tempted to shim it...

mrballistic


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrballistic
cmacclel wrote:Mine came today and doesn't work with the original ipad video. As for sound it sounds nice but less bass than I expected. Now to build a custom Li-Ion battery pack. The AC/DC adapter it comes with is 24v out.....12 D cells is 18v......hmm



if you go on the tdk website, they mention a new version of the firmware. maybe that'll help?

bathejav


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bathejav

Got mine, Do you think the usb or the audio pin provides higher quality. This thing looks awesome, but bass is not that impressive.(3 speaker)

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mrballistic wrote:i got mine today. super sexy.

on mine, the volume knob is wicked loose, and slips constantly. does anyone else have this happen? is there any easy way to tighten up the knob? i'm tempted to shim it...



Before you get all shimmy with it, have you considered pinging the manufacturer? They might send you a replacement.

I'm just hanging out, really.

rosypal


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rosypal

boom is a good word for this. Muddy bass, crappy high frequency response, poor FM reception with the twist tie they give you for an antenna.

fcrichx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fcrichx

Have just received the two speaker box. Is anyone having an issue with the volume knob? Mine turns all by itself, like a robot. I set the volume to a certain level and within a minute it changes to a much lower level. If I watch closely, I can see the volume control rotate to left ever so slowly. This isn't going to work if I can't find a way to fix it.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
fcrichx wrote:Have just received the two speaker box. Is anyone having an issue with the volume knob? Mine turns all by itself, like a robot. I set the volume to a certain level and within a minute it changes to a much lower level. If I watch closely, I can see the volume control rotate to left ever so slowly. This isn't going to work if I can't find a way to fix it.



I'd contact the manufacturer first, and then support@woot.com if they can't help you out.

Best of luck - have you considered you may have a ghost?

I'm just hanging out, really.

fcrichx


quality posts: 0 Private Messages fcrichx
inkycatz wrote:I'd contact the manufacturer first, and then support@woot.com if they can't help you out.

Best of luck - have you considered you may have a ghost?



No ghost, but at first thought my wife snuck in and lowered the volume. She's been known to do that. But no, I saw it rotate all by itself.

177runswamp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 177runswamp

Super bummed. I just received my 3 speaker TDK Boombox. Having the same volume knob issue as another customer. I think mines worse though. I turned it up to about a third of the volume and the knob immediately rotates counterclockwise to a very low volume. Feels spring loaded... Calling TDK.

177runswamp


quality posts: 0 Private Messages 177runswamp

TDK said that its a "known" issue for the two speaker model, but not the three. Somehow I don't believe the models have different volume controls. Anyways, they have instructed me to ask woot for a replacement before proceeding further. I think I just want my money back. I just sent woot customer service an e-mail explaining the issue. Now I wait.

bathejav


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bathejav

Thats unfortunate, i do not have such a volume control problem with my 3 speaker version, also it seems that usb direct quality>ipod for some reason

PopeJonPaul


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PopeJonPaul

Loving the sound quality. I have the same volume creep issue on the two speaker version. I also can't get it to work on battery power. It turns on, the speakers pop, the lights go on, then it turns off again. It will repeat this cycle endlessly. Bad batteries?

nemethmic


quality posts: 1 Private Messages nemethmic

Got my 3 speaker. I connected the iPod via usb and indeed it did have the the aforementioned distortion issue. Tried the firmware upgrade and bricked it. Called TDK they emailed a remedy right away and after following their new directions the upgrade worked ! Issue resolved. Sound quality? well it does lack low end but sounds pretty good. It doesn't however lack volume...it can go painfully loud. Overall coolness factor...outstanding. I am 100% happy so far especially paying what I payed on Woot !!

nemethmic


quality posts: 1 Private Messages nemethmic

Definitely the 30 pin /usb is the better audio quality.


bathejav wrote:Got mine, Do you think the usb or the audio pin provides higher quality. This thing looks awesome, but bass is not that impressive.(3 speaker)



PopeJonPaul


quality posts: 0 Private Messages PopeJonPaul
PopeJonPaul wrote:Loving the sound quality. I have the same volume creep issue on the two speaker version. I also can't get it to work on battery power. It turns on, the speakers pop, the lights go on, then it turns off again. It will repeat this cycle endlessly. Bad batteries?



My battery issue was resolved with new batteries.

subether


quality posts: 3 Private Messages subether

I received mine on the 12th, and I've been using it to provide noise and amusement while fixing up the house I've bought. Battery life is pretty good, although I have noticed some glitches while it's on batteries, mostly with the touch panel. Otherwise, I love it. It's loud to my tin ears at half volume, and I'm looking forward to a long, happy relationship with it.

celica91


quality posts: 0 Private Messages celica91
177runswamp wrote:TDK said that its a "known" issue for the two speaker model, but not the three. Somehow I don't believe the models have different volume controls. Anyways, they have instructed me to ask woot for a replacement before proceeding further. I think I just want my money back. I just sent woot customer service an e-mail explaining the issue. Now I wait.



Have you resolved this issue?

Blueshirt212


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Blueshirt212

I have the TDK 3 speaker boom box and i have been having some volume control issues. Everytime i turn it on the volume fluctuates. It will be at normal level then the volume would increase then it would decrease. This is an ongoing issue. I've contacted TDK and they practically left me out to dry. They didn't know what to tell me but to take it back to Best Buy. Unfortunately my warranty has expired. Now i have to figure out how to fix this issue that TDK kindly dropped on my lap. Any suggestions?