ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1069 Private Messages whatsamattaU

bluejester

quality posts: 560 Private Messages bluejester

Whoa! Big time congrats! A little further and you'll be up there with the retired Nightghost.

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

applause

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

whatsamattaU

bluejester wrote:Whoa! Big time congrats! A little further and you'll be up there with the retired Nightghost.

Thank you for the kind words. Remember though, I'm not even 1/2 way to NightGhost's 1900+. He was a stud. I haven't heard any "he's around but not commenting anymore" tidbits though recently.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

AND NOW 1000!!!!

Love ya, whatsamattaU!

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

Cripes! Impressive work. Thanks for all of your contributions!

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Gatzby wrote:Cripes! Impressive work. Thanks for all of your contributions!

You should get the settings changed on his posts.
Instead of mods having to mark them as a quality post, there should just be a box to check if it isn't!

Great job WhatsamattaU!!!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

/BSA-GSA STYLE "ROUND OF APPLAUSE" CIRCLE

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
whatsamattaU wrote:Thank you for the kind words. Remember though, I'm not even 1/2 way to NightGhost's 1900+. He was a stud. I haven't heard any "he's around but not commenting anymore" tidbits though recently.

You one smart squirrel, er, I mean moose! Thanks!

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

whatsamattaU

I don't know what to say, I'm not sure I deserve the special post:

Thank you for the kind words, y'all. As long as I can continue to contribute, I shall, although I realize I've been able to do less recently with work. I learn from looking things up, I learn from the comments from others even when I don't buy the object in question, and I appreciate being able to poke around and buying a few things. I'm assuming lichme and conanthelibrarian will soon join the #'s, too, (and maybe bluejester) since they're able to lay the foundation on the woot sales now.
Thanks again, everyone.
P.S. Rogetray, I was wondering if/when that video would come back towards me....

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme
whatsamattaU wrote:Thank you for the kind words, y'all. As long as I can continue to contribute, I shall, although I realize I've been able to do less recently with work. I learn from looking things up, I learn from the comments from others even when I don't buy the object in question, and I appreciate being able to poke around and buying a few things. I'm assuming lichme and conanthelibrarian will soon join the #'s, too, (and maybe bluejester) since they're able to lay the foundation on the woot sales now.
Thanks again, everyone.
P.S. Rogetray, I was wondering if/when that video would come back towards me....

That really is quite the accomplishment. It takes huge dedication to reach those kind of numbers. Congrats!

thumperchick

quality posts: 238 Private Messages thumperchick

Congrats WhatsamattaU! You totally deserve a special post/thread, it take a lot of effort to be that helpful.

Thanks!

whatsamattaU

Thanks for the new kind words.

pakopako

quality posts: 2 Private Messages pakopako

Always curious what a quality post looked like. Is there anyway to look back and find them?

whatsamattaU

pakopako wrote:Always curious what a quality post looked like. Is there anyway to look back and find them?

1. In my signature below:
How-to: Quality Posts woot.com/forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=3036787

2. All of the main page woot offerings have quality posts on the comments page pointed out at the top or circulate on the product page.

3. Here are my 2 for today:
http://kids.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5467547
http://tools.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5467476

4. My abridged rules:
a. If it's product info, link and list (new) info not on the product page that's worthwhile (reviews, prices, manual, product page, etc.) or guides related to the product
a'. The early bird gets the worm on product info, since the easiest info to gather will likely be what you see initially.

b. Your odds of getting a quality post are much better in the first hour or so of the sale (e.g., midnight to 1 central time)

c. Humor occasionally will get a quality post designation.

d. A good question about the product will sometimes get a quality post.

e. A good explanation of your experience with a product will sometimes get a quality post (sometimes, even if it's a bad experience).

f. Useful videos usually (not always) gets a quality post.

g. Effort (longer post) more likely will earn a quality post as long as it's useful and not written long just for the sake of being long.

h. Showing where the prior sales and comments are for a product being sold another time sometimes will get a quality post.

h'. Reposting someone else's useful post from a prior sale can help/be a quality post, but preferably giving that person credit (and hopefully not when that person was going to comment anew on the present sale).

Going back to 2., see what they've picked under each sales item.
hope that helps.