skatercoop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skatercoop

This afternoon I ordered a $280 laptop from the website. I added to the cart and clicked ok expecting to be able to review the order before placing it. Woot was already linked to my paypal and told be my order was placed. The problem is that Woot has my old shipping address stored. Once I saw that it was going to be shipped to the wrong address I immediately emailed support@woot.com. I received what looked like a copy/paste form email back 4 hours later telling me it was too late to cancel or alter my order even though it didn't necessarily ship yet. I replied back explaining that I asked to change my shipping info within minutes of placing the order but haven't yet heard back. I'd like to try to get this sorted out before my package actually ships to the wrong address.

Am I just screwed on almost $300 now? This is just awful customer service.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

skatercoop wrote:This afternoon I ordered a $280 laptop from the website. I added to the cart and clicked ok expecting to be able to review the order before placing it. Woot was already linked to my paypal and told be my order was placed. The problem is that Woot has my old shipping address stored. Once I saw that it was going to be shipped to the wrong address I immediately emailed support@woot.com. I received what looked like a copy/paste form email back 4 hours later telling me it was too late to cancel or alter my order even though it didn't necessarily ship yet. I replied back explaining that I asked to change my shipping info within minutes of placing the order but haven't yet heard back. I'd like to try to get this sorted out before my package actually ships to the wrong address.

Am I just screwed on almost $300 now? This is just awful customer service.

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing shipping issues.

Please try to make arrangements with the previous address to pick it up, or monitor the tracking information and when you see the item return to sender, email us. When we receive it, we will be able to ship it to the updated address.

Also, dont forget to update your addresses on your Woot account.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

skatercoop

I have no contact with the other address. It was my old apartment and I've moved out of there some time ago. Also, what's to prevent the current occupant from taking my box and getting a free laptop? How are your shipments shipped? USPS? UPS? I know sometimes you can contact the shipping company and change the delivery address even after the package has shipped.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

skatercoop wrote:I have no contact with the other address. It was my old apartment and I've moved out of there some time ago. Also, what's to prevent the current occupant from taking my box and getting a free laptop? How are your shipments shipped? USPS? UPS? I know sometimes you can contact the shipping company and change the delivery address even after the package has shipped.

Please wait while I find out that information. I've contacted Member Services to help you out.

skatercoop

Any news on this?