2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
HP 17.3" Dual-Core i3 Laptop
$369.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

jpstrings

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jpstrings

Sorry woot, NO DEAL. I can't look like a smuggy buggy with this non mac. Bring back the $1300 mac book pro.
/s

hehthuryo

quality posts: 37 Private Messages hehthuryo

Need a laptop??? Buy this, hands down. You'd pay this for a generic brand or even just for a netbook.

I have this computer. Zero complaints. Highly recommend this and HP in general. Easy A grade.

Great Christmas gift.

Ubie

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Ubie

No USB 3.0? Um... that's not a good thing.

For the record, Dell Outlet has been going crazy with 30% off sales on factory refurb and certified machines. I recently picked up a 14" Inspiron with the same processor and a larger HD (plus 3 USB 3.0 slots, natch), for under $310. Larger sized screens were going for even less.

theconezy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theconezy
Ubie wrote:No USB 3.0? Um... that's not a good thing.

I agree 3.0 is pretty standard these days. Thanks for the Dell tip.

villa79

quality posts: 3 Private Messages villa79

Not a powerhouse laptop by any means. But more than enough for basic tasks (email, web browsing, watching videos, etc.). Perfect for a college student.

darrylbl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darrylbl
jpstrings wrote:Sorry woot, NO DEAL. I can't look like a smuggy buggy with this non mac. Bring back the $1300 mac book pro.
/s

Haha, yep as we all know...the "i" stands for wishbone lol

rypterrer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rypterrer

http://www.ecost.com/p/HP-Notebook-Computers/product~dpno~9075752~pdp.hbecjai?source=EWB23482
refurbished - $329.99

[MOD: Different model. That's a g7-1317cl (AMD). We're selling a G7-1338DX (Intel)]

tugah35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tugah35

How many can i Order in a Cart

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tugah35 wrote:How many can i Order in a Cart

We don't use a cart-order system. However, you only pay shipping once per day (ends midnight CST).

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

whd36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whd36

what if there is problem what is woots policy on returns?

hornetnz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hornetnz

If you can wait 2 weeks to black friday, you can get a NEW one, better specs for about the same price.

ohmelovelo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ohmelovelo

I have an AMD G7, it has only one HD bay. Does this i3 version have one or two HD bays. Don't want to run a notebook without an SSD.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Apples to Apples (refurb to refurb) Comparisons

Woot Today Refurb = $369 = $5 shipping.

Amazon Refurb 4 different dealers pricing $418.99 - $419.00 - $437.49 - $449.99 + shipping on all.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004Q9T7KK/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

Your Mom would get this laptop...

dchay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dchay

I don't see bluetooth in the specs. Can anyone confirm?

jandrese

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jandrese

Network: 10/100Mbps Base-T
Wireless: 802.11b/g/n

Really HP? You couldn't spend the extra 2 cents on the Gigabit Ethernet chip? Given the expected use of this laptop this really isn't a problem, but it just looks cheap. The wireless can theoretically run faster, but I suspect the likely single antenna and cheap chipset in this laptop will prevent you from getting anything close to the maximum throughput out of 802.11n with this laptop.

rozellswoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rozellswoot

don't buy an HP laptop - at least not by mail. Make sure you really test it out and be prepared to mail it back when it says "Explorer needs to restart"

roesing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages roesing

Bought this computer from Woot in August 2011, loved it, no problems at all. Until just this past Monday, when it stopped working. No monitor for three days, but I was able to use it via HDMI to my living room TV. I foolishly shut it down to get the serial number to call HP tech support (paid, since it's out of warranty), and now it won't power on at all. No response to the power button. Now I'm thinking of buying it again from Woot because I liked it, but I wonder if my 15-month experience until product failure was common, or an outlier.

queenangelfish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages queenangelfish
PocketBrain wrote:Your Mom would get this laptop...

NO, I wouldn't! It's only i-3. Mom (grandma) wants an i-7 Ivy bridge, SSD,Win 8, blu-ray, =latest and greatest!

x4nit0s

quality posts: 0 Private Messages x4nit0s
Ubie wrote:No USB 3.0? Um... that's not a good thing.

For the record, Dell Outlet has been going crazy with 30% off sales on factory refurb and certified machines. I recently picked up a 14" Inspiron with the same processor and a larger HD (plus 3 USB 3.0 slots, natch), for under $310. Larger sized screens were going for even less.

Uh where? I've been on their site all morning and I've found only more expensive laptops also with USB2. Can you be more specific?

andmott

quality posts: 1 Private Messages andmott

I just wanted to clear up any possible confusion.

"Penultimate" is not equal to the "ultimate" but instead would be second to ultimate, or in this case second to best and not the "best" buy.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/penultimate

Thank you, that is all.

chrisdakin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisdakin

I have had a HP laptop for 3 years now, and in the past year, have had nothing but problems. Recently, it has decided to freeze up (not blue screen, but just...freeze) or power down when the battery is in (and the AC cord as well). I am far from a computer tech guru, just a consumer, but I can't recommend HP laptops to people after experiencing what I have over the past year.

meep!

Ubie

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Ubie
x4nit0s wrote:Uh where? I've been on their site all morning and I've found only more expensive laptops also with USB2. Can you be more specific?

Hrm, looks like most of the coupons expired they day before Windows 8 officially released. Search the deal sites for Dell coupons, not sure if the Woot-Pilgrims will allow me to post their websites.

For the record, I bought a 14R model N4110 for $307.30 pre-tax on October 17th.

Dell specs wrote:
Dell Outlet Inspiron 14R - N4110 Laptop Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Unit Price: $439.00 - 30%
Dell Outlet Inspiron 14R - N4110 Laptop
Integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 with up to 1.6 GB Dynamic Video Memory
Processor: Intel Core i3-2330M 2nd generation Processor (2.20GHz, 3MB Cache)
8X DVD +/- RW Drive
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Operating System DVD
14.0 inch High Definition WLED
Wave Systems Software
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Operating System DVD
6 Cell Primary Battery, 48W
Shipping Material
Scratch & Dent
Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030
65W AC Adapter
640 GB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
125V Power Cord
4 GB DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz (1 DIMMs)
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
Diamond Black
Integrated Webcam
English keyboard
Save 30% on all Dell Outlet Inspiron R Series Laptops!
- $131.70
Insp 14R-N4110: 1 Year Basic Support (In-Home Service after Remote Diagnosis) (Included in Price)
Unit Price: $0.00
Quantity: 1

cyraxote

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cyraxote
andmott wrote:I just wanted to clear up any possible confusion.

"Penultimate" is not equal to the "ultimate" but instead would be second to ultimate, or in this case second to best and not the "best" buy.

Um, I think it was a joke.

jmjitjmjit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmjitjmjit
chrisdakin wrote:I have had a HP laptop for 3 years now, and in the past year, have had nothing but problems. Recently, it has decided to freeze up (not blue screen, but just...freeze) or power down when the battery is in (and the AC cord as well). I am far from a computer tech guru, just a consumer, but I can't recommend HP laptops to people after experiencing what I have over the past year.

I have a hp dvt6 it is 3yrs. Old.my wife uses it for facebook games
And other games.i cannot even tell you how many hrs. Are on this lp.i have not had one issue not one.i also have 2 hp desktop 1 is a xp pro 7 yrs old and runs like a champ.i has a few issues but it is 7 yrs old.So i would never hesitate to but hp.......

James Reimold

cshell1968

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cshell1968

Just wondering how much the Microsoft office 2010 is if you add it on and does it have a spreadsheet program on the office?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 169 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

whd36 wrote:what if there is problem what is woots policy on returns?

Here is the warranty for today's sale:

Warranty: 90 Day HP

The sale is also authorized for SquareTrade Extended Warranty (purchased separately)

Alss: Woot Returns (per Woot FAQ)

How do I return a defective product?
Unless we specifically tell you not to, call the manufacturer of the product you bought. You will likely get a replacement of a new model or better item from them. If we still haven't dissuaded you, report your issue through our Support page. It'll go a lot easier if you have the order number, the name of the product you are returning, and a detailed explanation of the problem. We will respond with return authorization by the next business day. Because we aren't likely to have a replacement in stock, you should be prepared for a refund-only option if that's all we can do. Know that return freight will be at your expense. Again, you will probably get a better deal from the manufacturer, or whoever else handling member service for that product.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

ROGETRAY

Staff

cshell1968 wrote:Just wondering how much the Microsoft office 2010 is if you add it on and does it have a spreadsheet program on the office?

It's LIKELY that it will come with Microsoft Office Starter 2010.

Here is a link that explains the reasoning:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/starter/

Hope this information is helpful

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

cshell1968

ROGETRAY wrote:It's LIKELY that it will come with Microsoft Office Starter 2010.

Here is a link that explains the reasoning:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/starter/

Hope this information is helpful

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

cshell1968

cshell1968 wrote:

LIKELY? I really want to know for SURE

2007wolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 2007wolf

The "Features" tab clearly states: "Windows® 7 Home Premium makes the things you do every day easier and with Office Starter 2010, experience new ways to deliver your best work! Buy Microsoft® Office 2010 to activate a full-featured Office suite preloaded on this PC." The computer comes with a preloaded, full featured Microsoft Office 2010, but you have to pay a fee to activate the full featured version. The Office Starter version has slightly "dumbed down" version of Word and Excel, but in the two years I've been using both of them, there is nothing that I need that's not provided by the Starter Versions. It does NOT have PowerPoint, Access, etc. The Office Starter product replaces the Microsoft Works product.

ROGETRAY

Staff

cshell1968 wrote:LIKELY? I really want to know for SURE

Well...I missed that one lol
The features definitely state that Windows Office Starter 2010 is for SURE.
2007wolf pointed this out just now, thanks for that

joeyasche

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joeyasche
chrisdakin wrote:I have had a HP laptop for 3 years now, and in the past year, have had nothing but problems. Recently, it has decided to freeze up (not blue screen, but just...freeze) or power down when the battery is in (and the AC cord as well). I am far from a computer tech guru, just a consumer, but I can't recommend HP laptops to people after experiencing what I have over the past year.

You should get a can of air from walmart and blow it out.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
cshell1968 wrote:Just wondering how much the Microsoft office 2010 is if you add it on and does it have a spreadsheet program on the office?

Yes, Office includes Excel spreadsheet.

cosmictrucker

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cosmictrucker

woot! , Stop it already with the refurbished crap! You've burned me too many times in the past with this stuff, and I'll NEVER consider another refurb deal again. You're turning this site into a junk dumping yard, and it's souring me from the whole buying experience that used to be a fun time.

whinestein

quality posts: 5 Private Messages whinestein

HP is the Ford of the PC world. They make a good flagship model in each line then part it out to the lowest bidders. Then it's a crapshoot on how long the motherboard will last.

Lately, even on new laptops of different brands, I've had to replace hard drives and DVD drives within the first 6-10 months.

Will y'all buy desktops? Usually the laptop just sits there on the table or desk plugged in. With desktops you can replace parts, buy quality motherboards, spill whatever you want on the keyboard, run RAID to back up everything in case one hard drive fails, etc. And you can add whatever video card you want, upgrade whenever you want, use multiple monitors, yada yada. Also, desktops' parts retain some value, where dead laptops go in the landfill.

Word Starter? People are worried about that, seriously??? Openoffice does all that for free. Google docs is even better for not losing your work. Who in their right mind is spending money on Office?

whatsamattaU

quality posts: 1071 Private Messages whatsamattaU
whinestein wrote:HP is the Ford of the PC world. They make a good flagship model in each line then part it out to the lowest bidders. Then it's a crapshoot on how long the motherboard will last.

Lately, even on new laptops of different brands, I've had to replace hard drives and DVD drives within the first 6-10 months.

Will y'all buy desktops? Usually the laptop just sits there on the table or desk plugged in. With desktops you can replace parts, buy quality motherboards, spill whatever you want on the keyboard, run RAID to back up everything in case one hard drive fails, etc. And you can add whatever video card you want, upgrade whenever you want, use multiple monitors, yada yada. Also, desktops' parts retain some value, where dead laptops go in the landfill.

Word Starter? People are worried about that, seriously??? Openoffice does all that for free. Google docs is even better for not losing your work. Who in their right mind is spending money on Office?

Some software, like voice recognition software, is designed for Microsoft Word.