WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Does it bother you if a woman has unshaven legs?
  • 58.3% - I’m a guy and yes. 1982
  • 11.7% - I’m a gal and yes. 398
  • 16.8% - I’m a guy and no. 572
  • 13.1% - I’m a gal and no. 446
3398 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

Where's the "I'm a transgendered multisexual and it's none of your business!" answer? Woot! You are alienating your core customer base!

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

trixierix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trixierix

I'm a gal and voted yes. Kind of gross when you consider that even guys our age manscape and trim down underarm hair. It literally takes 2-3 min if you do it often.

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

Can't normally be arsed. I spend enough time trimming down more important (ie: potentially smelly) areas; by the time it comes to legs, I'm bored of shaving already.

Then again, I mostly wear either long skirts or knee-high socks, so it's not as if it affects anyone.

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

Samus

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Samus

This is a variable question. I'm a guy and don't like the "pricklies" my wife has when the hair is just starting to come back, but after that I don't mind. Half the time she mentions she has to shave her legs, I look at them and think "really?" but again, its more of a 'touch' problem than an 'image' problem.

On the other hand, studies have shown shaving legs (and other areas) can be detrimental: dry skin, ingrown hairs, irritation, etc. Shaving other areas can cause the same problems, in addition to UTI's and other more serious problems.

In other words, we (men and women) have this hair for a reason.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

I have fur. Hair is for naked apes.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati

Shaved & trimmed is nice for all, but it's still one of the biggest loads of BS the advertising industry ever pulled on us: To convince nearly all of us to spend millions (eh, billions, I suppose) to purchase products for our entire lives to alter ourselves so that we can go from unacceptable to acceptable.

It's a bunch of Schi...ck!

VeejayXL

quality posts: 1 Private Messages VeejayXL

The men who say it doesn't bother them are just trying to get a little something something. ;) Not that there is anything wrong with that.

ardubu

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ardubu

I spent (or Miss-spent) 3 years of my youth in Germany - I liked unshaven women.
Shaving is for clean freaks and those how care abour madison ave. glossy photos of idealized hollywood types.
Almost like plastic people want us to "fit in"...

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

meenzal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meenzal

Well, I really needed more options.You never said whether or not the woman had carved the hairs on her legs like topiary. I mean, I find it really disturbing to see a woman with a goatee on her thighs (although, I might be open to the calves. It depends.) Also, you never said what color hair. Or whether the woman's bare legs had been waxed at the same place her dad's bald head was done. Or whether she was using a protein shampoo and a blow dryer on her leg hair. Things like this can be really important.

Phoulmouth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phoulmouth

Im a guy, and yes, but thats unshaven as in unshaven for a while. I can understand if a girl allows a little build up now and then. But honestly, thats not the hair that REALLY matters for trimming if you know what i mean.

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester

In the summertime, I like to keep my legs shaved just for the 'feel' factor. I hate when they get all prickly. I'm a dark-haired Italian gal. Can't go too long w/o shaving for the visual aspect.

Now, winter time...all rules change. I like having a good two week (or so) growth (I wear pants all winter). It does keep your legs warmer. I work outdoors. I dread when I do shave because my legs are soooo cold for days. The only reason I don't let it build up longer is because I'd have difficulty shaving it then.

cebii

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cebii
ardubu wrote:
Shaving is for clean freaks and those how care abour madison ave. glossy photos of idealized hollywood types.
Almost like plastic people want us to "fit in"...

exactly. bravo.

opaulw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages opaulw

Actually as a guy I can live with unshaven legs as long as it is not braided, but can't stand hairy armpits on women. sorry girls.

Woot count = 70+

losbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losbradley

Woot, are you spying on me? I always take care of my armpits and calves (which could potentially be seen, even in jeans) but last night I covered all my...um, bases for the first time in a while. I love, love, LOVE how soft and smooth I am now!

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

I've never shaven mine, the hairs blond and pretty thin so I can get away with it unless someone starts touching them.

But I honestly don't care, it's not like I demand my husband shave his legs/pits ect.

jonni87

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jonni87
Samus wrote:This is a variable question. I'm a guy and don't like the "pricklies" my wife has when the hair is just starting to come back, but after that I don't mind. Half the time she mentions she has to shave her legs, I look at them and think "really?" but again, its more of a 'touch' problem than an 'image' problem.

On the other hand, studies have shown shaving legs (and other areas) can be detrimental: dry skin, ingrown hairs, irritation, etc. Shaving other areas can cause the same problems, in addition to UTI's and other more serious problems.

In other words, we (men and women) have this hair for a reason.

Samus, I agree with you very much. Yeah, being shaved is a pretty nifty feeling against your partner (or at least the s.o. says so) but it's the downside that can be pretty doggone uncomfortable.

You, my dear, are an enlightened man.

jonni87

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jonni87
meenzal wrote:Well, I really needed more options.You never said whether or not the woman had carved the hairs on her legs like topiary. I mean, I find it really disturbing to see a woman with a goatee on her thighs (although, I might be open to the calves. It depends.) Also, you never said what color hair. Or whether the woman's bare legs had been waxed at the same place her dad's bald head was done. Or whether she was using a protein shampoo and a blow dryer on her leg hair. Things like this can be really important.

...just LMAO...

Discord

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Discord

Hairy women represent! Hair is freedom, freedom is hairy!

rtameo

quality posts: 5 Private Messages rtameo

From the mind of Scott Adams:

All mammals have hair.
Whales are mammals.
Therefore, whales have hair.
Shave the whales.

http://dilbert.com/dyn/str_strip/000000000/00000000/0000000/000000/40000/0000/200/40206/40206.strip.gif

spoonshot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spoonshot

[quote postid="5237727" user="cebii"]exactly. bravo
double up on that BRAVO....YEAH!

virgquest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages virgquest
ckeilah wrote:I have fur. Hair is for naked apes.

Hear, hear. I am a girl with furry legs and I like 'em like that!

(I shaved them once or twice as a teenager and the loss of sensation was rather disagreeable. Not planning to try that again.)

the88thcrazy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages the88thcrazy

I'm a guy, and i've never cared whether or not a girl shaves her legs, that is, to say that i don't care if she shaves them very frequently or not at all.

However, I get very annoyed at girls who infrequently shave their legs. Prickly legs flat out suck. Same thing with pubes. I'd rather have a hair fest than a stab fest, and that goes both ways, really.

spoonshot

VeejayXL wrote:The men who say it doesn't bother them are just trying to get a little something something. ;) Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Ah..Jerry as I'm "one of those who digs it"(actually BOTH just NO STUBBLE,don't dig neckburn) Plz be so kind as to xplain to me,what I'm tryin to get?..

viidim7

quality posts: 3 Private Messages viidim7

Tomorrow's poll had better be whether or not it bothers us when a guy doesn't shave his face.

spoonshot

[quote postid="5237986" user="rtameo"]From the mind of Scott Adams:

All mammals have hair.
Whales are mammals.
Therefore, whales have hair.
Shave the whales.

but they have no legs! perhaps a nicely "shorn" flipper! U think?

dakid72

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dakid72

she can be unshaven but she better not look like she is related to chewbacca

spoonshot

[quote postid="5237401" user="trixierix"]I'm a gal and voted yes. Kind of gross when you consider that even guys our age manscape and trim down underarm hair. It literally takes 2-3 min if you do it often.

"MANSCAPE"...lol...semantical vudu

zXzGrifterzXz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zXzGrifterzXz

I'm married so I don't care if my wife's legs are shaven or unshaven, If I am even noticing its because I'm just happy she isn't wearing pants.

elsupreme

quality posts: 2 Private Messages elsupreme

I am a man and have shaved legs. So I figure I am in a unique position to want shaved legs on a woman.

dwrhoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwrhoda

IF I EVER HAVE TO USE FORMATTING TAGS I WILL STOP READING POLLS.

THAT THERE IS A COMPLETE FORMATTING GUIDE IN EXISTENCE BOGGLES MY MIND .

nightrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nightrose

Honestly-I love lots of hair. Female calves w/ hair not so much. I'm a leg man so i guess I'm bias. Next!

robguest

quality posts: 5 Private Messages robguest

Please, no hair on legs...but its fine up there in Sugarland.

KATANARYDA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages KATANARYDA
robguest wrote:Please, no hair on legs...but its fine up there in Sugarland.

what he said.

w00ten since 7/24/04 and still no Boggy Old Creature ಠ_ಠ

losbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losbradley
KATANARYDA wrote:what he said.

VERY interesting!

iGGz

quality posts: 7 Private Messages iGGz

Delete this comment. I DARE you.

i am woot's god.

You're the giant Ken Jennings head? HOW DID YOU GET OUT?

mfritchey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mfritchey

I like my Women like I like my Chicken... All Natural with no preservatives.

DamnThoseWiffyDogs

quality posts: 2 Private Messages DamnThoseWiffyDogs

If I don't shave my legs, then I don't expect women to do so either.

compunaut

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compunaut

I'm generally in favor of more hair on women. Prickly legs (and other places, since someone mentioned it) are the worst.

I must admit, however, that dark, heavy hair (like I have) on a woman's legs would probably freak me out for a while.

Neenie2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Neenie2

I'm a gal, and I hate shaving anything. Where's the question that asks "Does it bother you if a man is going bald?" Because, honestly, that's just as insulting in my opinion...