WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Have Mind-Blowing Socks

Where's your favorite place to have socks? Some people always have socks in the bedroom. Other, more free-spirited types might have socks on the kitchen floor, or might even have socks outside where everyone can see.
Unsimply Stitched official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

"I see myself holding a pair of thick, woolen socks."
Harry stared.
"One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a pair. People will insist on giving me books."

Give socks! And tell us which pair you like best while you're at it.

I'm just hanging out, really.

lhbhatten

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lhbhatten

Men's socks? Really?

akabaloo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akabaloo

Nothing pulls together an outfit like a nice pair of socks. It's a good way to add some color to your outfit without being too overstated. Trust me. I read GQ.

whtrabbit666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whtrabbit666

So each of these items says "assorted 4pack". It is reasonable to assume that the socks in the picture for each item are the socks in said assorted 4pack?
Or is it more of a grab-bag, you get what you get, buy 4 get 4 and you'll know what you got when they get there?

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

$5 a pair? Have I been tainted by Wallyworld when this seems pricy?

tothemax64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tothemax64
johnt007871 wrote:$5 a pair? Have I been tainted by Wallyworld when this seems pricy?

I was thinking the same thing. Or is it 4 Pack of 4...? then its worth it, but this doesnt seem like a deal at all. That and originally 48 bucks? What are these socks made of gold?

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati

Brain is not so sharp after just 3 hours sleep, but I'm not seeing anything on their website about fiber content, where the products are made, etc. Can anybody give me a little more info?

andrewtl

quality posts: 22 Private Messages andrewtl
Sati wrote:Brain is not so sharp after just 3 hours sleep, but I'm not seeing anything on their website about fiber content, where the products are made, etc. Can anybody give me a little more info?

Machine wash cold, inside out, do not bleach, tumble dry low
80% Cotton, 17% Polyamide, 3% Elastane
Made in China (that's a given)

ps you look hot in that pic

pfffft!

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz
lhbhatten wrote:Men's socks? Really?

Well, us women folk need to stay barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen!

fightingpillow

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fightingpillow

Is this a good deal?
I saw these and thought, "Oh! I could use some cool socks!" But then I saw the prices and said, "Nevermind."
So is this a good deal? Do I just not know how much a 4-pack of socks should cost?

gwelson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwelson

Where's the love for us guys with big feet? WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US OH GODS OF GOOD DEALS? WHY!?!?!?!?

chaotickinesis

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chaotickinesis
fightingpillow wrote:Is this a good deal?
I saw these and thought, "Oh! I could use some cool socks!" But then I saw the prices and said, "Nevermind."
So is this a good deal? Do I just not know how much a 4-pack of socks should cost?

Funny how this seems to be what the majority of people posting here thought upon seeing this deal. I thought the same thing when I saw it.

njkatz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages njkatz

I like gaudy socks, but I'm afraid I'm with the folks who don't see this as much of a bargain,especially when you toss in shipping.

Nick

mbmiche

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mbmiche

I have to disagree with the majority sentiment. A nice pair of socks (i.e. smartwool) can run upwards of $17. You can certainly also get the 12 pack of standard white or black crews at MartWorld for $6. For funky-rific socks like these, the $5 tag doesn't seem unreasonable...as long as they hold up.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

While a good pair of socks can be pricey, it is hard to tell unless you can hold it in your hand. While I do trust Woot on most things, my foot health is not one of them. Sorry Woot, these things are priced too high to take a chance on.

wootgf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootgf

This sale is sexist. Sexist I say!

k84weaver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages k84weaver

no women's socks????

jkirkc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jkirkc
lhbhatten wrote:Men's socks? Really?

Men wear socks? Really?

jkirkc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jkirkc
mbmiche wrote:I have to disagree with the majority sentiment. A nice pair of socks (i.e. smartwool) can run upwards of $17. You can certainly also get the 12 pack of standard white or black crews at MartWorld for $6. For funky-rific socks like these, the $5 tag doesn't seem unreasonable...as long as they hold up.

I agree. Do wooters really wear their white tube socks with dress shoes? What else can you buy for less than $5.00 a pair?

I may not wear socks often, but when I do I wear loud ones.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jkirkc wrote:Men wear socks? Really?

Woot is here to start a trend, didn't you know?

I'm just hanging out, really.

alexhodge

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexhodge
whtrabbit666 wrote:So each of these items says "assorted 4pack". It is reasonable to assume that the socks in the picture for each item are the socks in said assorted 4pack?
Or is it more of a grab-bag, you get what you get, buy 4 get 4 and you'll know what you got when they get there?

The 4 that are pictured are the 4 pair that you will receive.

shifuimam

quality posts: 2 Private Messages shifuimam

No socks for us women? Really.

I are disappoint, woot.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

shifuimam wrote:No socks for us women? Really.

I are disappoint, woot.

that's how these plus sales work sometimes, i'm afraid. we get really good deals on certain items, but we don't always get massive quantities or as wide a variety as we might get for our main sales. (hopefully that makes sense.)

anyhoo, apologies for that. hopefully we'll have some socks for us lady-types up soon.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

lstaff

quality posts: 203 Private Messages lstaff

I are disappoint, woot.

I know everyone saw this and is thinking "Socks - ALWAYS good for the guy. Why can't women have good Socks, too . . . "

But, actually, if you want to, this woot! socks can be as good for the woman as for the man!!! They even have the size listed, for those of you who thinks size matters!!!

(woman's 8-13)

Tiahaar

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Tiahaar

oh! colorful socks yay! but no fair mixing the Navajo strip pairs into 3 different sets >.<

willwats

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willwats
gwelson wrote:Where's the love for us guys with big feet? WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN US OH GODS OF GOOD DEALS? WHY!?!?!?!?

What about us guys with small feet? Seems like this is only for the middle 95%

highonpez

quality posts: 7 Private Messages highonpez
mbmiche wrote:I have to disagree with the majority sentiment. A nice pair of socks (i.e. smartwool) can run upwards of $17. You can certainly also get the 12 pack of standard white or black crews at MartWorld for $6. For funky-rific socks like these, the $5 tag doesn't seem unreasonable...as long as they hold up.

Sure. But these aren't Smartwool. As a bit of a sock snob, I'm really into fiber content, and these are nothing special. Definitely nothing you won't find in every pair of dress socks anywhere. The markup on price is merely on being quirky and Unsimply Stitched seems to pocket the difference. $12 (on their website) a pair is what I would expect for merino wool, coolmax, or polypropylene or some combo thereof. I find some really cool, really odd business-style socks at Target for usually 2-3 bucks a pair so this deal at 5 bucks is not doing it for me.

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

I did buy, but only because I was in desperate need of boot socks and was getting something else, anyway, so the shopping didn't figure. I usually get my fancy socks from Sock Dreams, though.

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

woottoady

quality posts: 34 Private Messages woottoady

I are disappoint, woot.

Hey... It's not like Woot does a gender test before you click that "I want one" button... So order away. Just don't confuse the right sock for the left one, and you'll be fine

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

I don't know about their selection of men's socks, but Target always has a nice selection of quirky women's socks for about $2 a pair, less if you find them when they're on clearance. I'm going to join the growing mob of people asking what's going on with the price on these.

I do love myself some socks in crazy colors and patterns. If Woot! can dig up some women's socks like these and negotiate a more reasonable price, I'd go for it.

MommaBeary

quality posts: 10 Private Messages MommaBeary

I bought a couple sets of these socks figuring that some of the patterns will end up in my drawer (woman's size 8.5) and the rest in my husband's drawer (men's size 11) - who cares what the title says???? They are just funky socks!!!!

DennisG2010

quality posts: 20 Private Messages DennisG2010

Aw man - my comment was removed?
I really didn't mean to offend anyone, was just my opinion on the fashion statement these make - to my sensibilities.

Sorry if I have sinned against you, Woot!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

I am looking at these colors and thinking "Someone mislabelled those socks. Most men I know will NOT wear those, even for just hanging around the house. Even if they cost less."

geminitriplets

quality posts: 5 Private Messages geminitriplets

First Sucker: RGIII

JesterXXV

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JesterXXV

IDEA:

SOCKS DOT WOOT DOT COM

Undune

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Undune
highonpez wrote:Sure. But these aren't Smartwool. As a bit of a sock snob, I'm really into fiber content, and these are nothing special. Definitely nothing you won't find in every pair of dress socks anywhere. The markup on price is merely on being quirky and Unsimply Stitched seems to pocket the difference. $12 (on their website) a pair is what I would expect for merino wool, coolmax, or polypropylene or some combo thereof. I find some really cool, really odd business-style socks at Target for usually 2-3 bucks a pair so this deal at 5 bucks is not doing it for me.

Where can you find merino wool socks for $12? I have seen $48 for two pair, but if I could do $12 a pair... Why, I could rule the world!

cblaze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cblaze

I was just shopping for quirky socks over on the mothership site - and they had 3 pairs for $25 for fairly boring designs...

My feet want to have some fun - white socks for home and black socks for work are boring my feet!

I'm in for 2 - time to get serious about socks!

lhbhatten

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lhbhatten

I know men wear socks. But would men wear those socks? They look a tad girly.

jkirkc wrote:Men wear socks? Really?

rugrats2001

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rugrats2001

Well, men come in all styles...

Not that there's anything wrong with that.