WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Pinnacle Speakers: Because They're There

You could die trying to reach the tippy top of the world's highest mountain peak just to say you did it, or you could sit back with a glass of something delicious, listen to some great tunes and breathe a big lung-filled-to-capacity sigh of relief that you didn't inherit that "adventure" gene. Your call.
Pinnacle Speakers official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Note: Pinnacle not guaranteed to go to 11.

Reviews and advisories on how to optimize your sound, welcome!

I'm just hanging out, really.

pinnaclespeakers

quality posts: 89 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers

Hey Woot Community! This is Arin from Pinnacle Speakers - logged in and ready to answer any questions you may have about the items in this EXCLUSIVE sale.

Fire away!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hey Woot Community! This is Arin from Pinnacle Speakers - logged in and ready to answer any questions you may have about the items in this EXCLUSIVE sale.

Fire away!

Morning Arin, glad you could join us today!

Don't be shy folks, we've got the official word for all your questions right here.

I'm just hanging out, really.

milesd7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages milesd7

I'm in the market for this very type of sound bar setup, but I cannot find a review for your product anywhere online...Also what are all of the connections types for this system? Bluetooth? Airplay?

riglerdavid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages riglerdavid

Based on the specs, dimensions, and price, this appears to be the Pinnacle S-BAR 3509 (http://www.amazon.com/Pinnacle-Speakers-S-BAR-3509-9-Element/dp/B003LY36TO) rather than the Pinnacle Q P 9 (http://www.amazon.com/Pinnacle-Speakers-9-Driver-Speaker-42-Inch/dp/B00083LKDA). Can someone confirm whether this is indeed the Pinnacle Q P 9 or the S-BAR 3509?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 589 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

riglerdavid wrote:Based on the specs, dimensions, and price, this appears to be the Pinnacle S-BAR 3509 (http://www.amazon.com/Pinnacle-Speakers-S-BAR-3509-9-Element/dp/B003LY36TO) rather than the Pinnacle Q P 9 (http://www.amazon.com/Pinnacle-Speakers-9-Driver-Speaker-42-Inch/dp/B00083LKDA). Can someone confirm whether this is indeed the Pinnacle Q P 9 or the S-BAR 3509?

Just checked. We are selling the woot-grain version of the QP9.

Here are the specs from the Pinnacle site.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 22 Private Messages vanevenhoven

Hello Arin,

I'll have much more to say, but I wanted to fix a typo - I think the "Pinnacle Speaker PS Sub 225 12" Powered Subwoofer
$179.00 $599.00 70% off List Price" is not 800W as the event page would indicate, right? The last time you had the 800W sub, it was $549 (list $1999). Thje one listed is the 225W one, right?

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Hey Woot Community! This is Arin from Pinnacle Speakers - logged in and ready to answer any questions you may have about the items in this EXCLUSIVE sale.

Fire away!

pinnaclespeakers

milesd7 wrote:I'm in the market for this very type of sound bar setup, but I cannot find a review for your product anywhere online...Also what are all of the connections types for this system? Bluetooth? Airplay?

Hello, Pinnacle Speakers Here to assist. This Powered SOUNDBAR/Wireless subwoofer is a brand new just launched item and industry reviews are not yet out. We have an extensive library of reviews, industry awards and critical acclaim that you can see on our site under reviews. Our engineering department, as a matter of policy, must purchase and evaluate all possible competing products in a category and at a price range before we approve an item. We can say with extreme confidence that this system competes exceptionally well at it's targeted market price of $799. This exclusive WOOT launch bargain is designed to seed th market with product. We are extremely confidnet that there is no possible product that can compete with ours at the WOOT $329 pricing. As to the form of wireless, we use 2.4GHz for the wireless subwoofer. The Powered Soundbar includes a remote for on/off and volume. All necessary cables are included with the product.

The subwoofer uses a dual 5.25" woofer design, so "INSIDE THE CABINET" are actually 2 woofers, working in tandmen they rpoduce exceptional deep bass. We know the dual woofer design is a major upgrade in the bass department. Thank you for your interest in this outstanding product.

bugsmx3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bugsmx3
vanevenhoven wrote:Hello Arin,

I'll have much more to say, but I wanted to fix a typo - I think the "Pinnacle Speaker PS Sub 225 12" Powered Subwoofer
$179.00 $599.00 70% off List Price" is not 800W as the event page would indicate, right? The last time you had the 800W sub, it was $549 (list $1999). Thje one listed is the 225W one, right?

I would also like to know.

Also Arin, is the 8" 300 watt deeper than the 12" 225 watt subwoofer? There is a $20 difference. I have heard the 12" is good for music but not home theater where I can't find any good reviews on the 8" that have also reviewed the same 12" and had a good comparison.

Thanks

pinnaclespeakers

bugsmx3 wrote:I would also like to know.

Also Arin, is the 8" 300 watt deeper than the 12" 225 watt subwoofer? There is a $20 difference. I have heard the 12" is good for music but not home theater where I can't find any good reviews on the 8" that have also reviewed the same 12" and had a good comparison.

Thanks

Hi, well, comparing these 2 subwoofers is like trying to compare a sports car to a luxury sedan. They are both excellent, yet very different. Here is a review on the SUBCOMPACT 6, the Subcompact 8 is it's big brother. They aclled the smaller , lower cost Subcompact 6 "ASTONISHING" in this review. The Subcompact 8 is outstanding for music. It goes down somewhat deeper in bass than the PSSUB 225. However, the PSSUB 225 will play louder and can fill a larger space better. So, it depends on what you want. If you want a great music sub in an area 350 square feet or less, I think you would prefer the Subcompact 8. If you want a louder sub or have a larger room, than the PSSUB 225 would meet be a better choice. Try and rememember what you see as only $20.00 for this spectacular WOOT special is compressing 2 products who sell normally for $100 difference. So, both are excellent, but it depends on your needs. Also, if the other speakers in the system have less than 6" drivers (woofers) the balance to the Subcompact 8 would be best. If you are working with 8", 10" or larger woofers for front speakers the 12" PSSUB 225 is a better choice. Finally, if you have the additional money, the BABY BOOMER is the best for overall volume and depth of bass, and would normally cost at least $300 more than either of these 2 subs. In this sale, it is just an extra $100 or so. To Sum up, Movies larger room higher volume, take the PSSUB 225, Music smaller room, accurate bass and depth of bass, take the Subcompact 8, have an extra $100 grab the Baby Boomer.

I hope that helps clarify. http://pinnaclespeakers.com/revu_subcompact6.html

pinnaclespeakers

bugsmx3 wrote:I would also like to know.

Thanks

Please see full answer in next post, but here is a link to a review for the LITTLE BROTHER to SubCompact 8, SUBCOMPACT 6. The 8 is better, and this review called our smaller lower cost Subcompact 6 "ASTONISHING", which we think our subwoofers indeed are.

http://pinnaclespeakers.com/revu_subcompact6.html

vanevenhoven

sooo........ the PS225 is, as expected, 225W - not the 800W that is in the title, right?

pinnaclespeakers wrote:Please see full answer in next post, but here is a link to a review for the LITTLE BROTHER to SubCompact 8, SUBCOMPACT 6. The 8 is better, and this review called our smaller lower cost Subcompact 6 "ASTONISHING", which we think our subwoofers indeed are.

http://pinnaclespeakers.com/revu_subcompact6.html

pinnaclespeakers

vanevenhoven wrote:sooo........ the PS225 is, as expected, 225W - not the 800W that is in the title, right?

Correct, it is 225 Watt front firing vented design powered subwoofer. Please keep in mind, vented or ported designs need LESS power to produce the bass than sealed cabinets or NON-PORTED designs.... Watts are not a sole determining factor in SOUND QUALITY as much as it is a determinant in driving the bass units properly.

REMINDER: When buying the 5-element FLOOR STANDING TOWER> if you want a PAIR, you need to buy 2, since at nearly 50 pounds each, they are boxed 1 per box.

vanevenhoven

AHA! I see the title is now edited to not show 800W. Got it, thanks for clearing it up.

If okay, I'll send you a PM regarding the speakers and subs (16 in total, I think) and the setup I'm working on. I would welcome your expert advice on space/etc.

vanevenhoven wrote:sooo........ the PS225 is, as expected, 225W - not the 800W that is in the title, right?

pinnaclespeakers

vanevenhoven wrote:AHA! I see the title is now edited to not show 800W. Got it, thanks for clearing it up.

If okay, I'll send you a PM regarding the speakers and subs (16 in total, I think) and the setup I'm working on. I would welcome your expert advice on space/etc.

Gladly. We are on East Coast time and we will personally look for your post later this evening and provide answers.

mluyster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mluyster

Arin:

How would this setup sound:
-Pair of TWR 1050's for the L/R channel
-BD300 for the center channel
-Pair of LCR 250's for the rear L/R channel
-Baby boomer 600W sub

The BD500's seem a bit excessive to me for rear channel speakers, but I'm not anything close to an expert, so what do I know.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks!

bugsmx3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bugsmx3

How does the PS225 12" compare to the Polk Audio PSW Series PSW505 12"?? Also the Bic f12?

Anyone heard these 3 and can make a clear evaluation of the 3?

pinnaclespeakers

mluyster wrote:Arin:

-Baby boomer 600W sub

The BD500's seem a bit excessive to me for rear channel speakers, but I'm not anything close to an expert, so what do I know.

Thanks!

This would make an excellent music and movie system. You are correct regarding BD 500 as rear, as they do have considerable bass output which would not be fully appreciated as a rear channel position. The Baby Boomer has a significant amount of both depth and volume of bass and is an excellent compliment to the drivers in the SFIT TWR 1050.
The BD 300 is a step up Center channel from our elite Black Diamond Series, but at this price definately take the BD 300. It's crisp and detailed response will allow all vocals on movies to really stand out. Most movies are people speaking,with occasional spikes and action scenes. So the center channel is extremely important. It looks to us that you have made excellent and sensible choices. You be will amazed. Enjoy!

kbrod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbrod
mluyster wrote:Arin:

-Baby boomer 600W sub

Thanks!

How much difference would this set up be from the 1000w 5.1?

Would the 9 element make a better center channel?

Are the BD500's serious overkill as rears? Would the LCR 250's be adequate enough?

What would I need to look for in a receiver for such a set up? I've only gotten receiver/satellite combos as Christmas gifts, so I wouldn't know.

Also, would it be possible to use a computer with a sound card instead of a receiver? What would I need to look for?

Thanks MUCH for the insight

mikewooting

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikewooting

Buidling a system piece by piece. Yesterday I puchased the Energy Take Classic 5 from Woot then next day this sale! What sub would you recommend. I would tend to be playing more music than home theater but would like for both.

rantisdel

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rantisdel

which sub would pair best with my current setup
klipsch 25 (dual 6.5 and horn)
Boston accoustics centerchannel
Klpisch synergy rears
Onkyo 7.2 reciever

The room is 11x17 and it gets use as movies, xbox and music.

ScottSir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ScottSir

Hi silly question, in the MB11500+ 1000W system, only the sub is powered correct? Is the 1000W referring to total power the system can handle?

ggmike

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ggmike
ThunderThighs wrote:Just checked. We are selling the woot-grain version of the QP9.

Here are the specs from the Pinnacle site.

Can someone from pinnacle please confirm the differences (if any) between the woodgrain and aluminum versions of the qp9?

From the photos it appears to have the same drivers as the s-bar 3059, which i've heard is an inferior speaker.

pinnaclespeakers

mikewooting wrote:Buidling a system piece by piece. Yesterday I puchased the Energy Take Classic 5 from Woot then next day this sale! What sub would you recommend. I would tend to be playing more music than home theater but would like for both.

Good Morning. The take 5 products would work best matted to our 8" subwoofers. So, either the Subcompact 8 or Baby Boomer. If you have the budget, we would recommend the baby Boomer as it is essentially 2 Subcompact 8 cleverly engineered into 1 small cabinet. If the subwoofer is going into a wall unit, then the SUBCOMPACT 8 is best, otherwise, we think you would be delighted with the Baby Boomer mated to the Energy Take 5. In fact, we are quite certain you will be.

pinnaclespeakers

ggmike wrote:Can someone from pinnacle please confirm the differences (if any) between the woodgrain and aluminum versions of the qp9?

From the photos it appears to have the same drivers as the s-bar 3059, which i've heard is an inferior speaker.

The Aluminum version of QP9 uses an aluminum extruted cabinet with a 1/16" wall thickness. That super thin cabinet houses drivers that work with larger interior cabinet space. The extruded Aluminum is extremely costly. As such, we created a variant in a wood cabinet which has a lower production cost. The drivers are substantially similar, but not identical as they are functioning in a cavity with less airspace. Acoustically, they are extremely similar, the Aluminum construction provides primarily as cosmetic upgrade. The aluminum version of QP9 is a discontinued product.

pinnaclespeakers

ScottSir wrote:Hi silly question, in the MB11500+ 1000W system, only the sub is powered correct? Is the 1000W referring to total power the system can handle?

Hello, Pinnacle Speakers here. You are correct. The Subwoofer is powered and has it's own power rating for the amplifier. The 1000 Watt rating is a total system power handling capacity. This is an exceptional solution.

pinnaclespeakers

rantisdel wrote:which sub would pair best with my current setup
klipsch 25 (dual 6.5 and horn)
Boston accoustics centerchannel
Klpisch synergy rears
Onkyo 7.2 reciever

The room is 11x17 and it gets use as movies, xbox and music.

Considering all the speakers in the system use 6.5" or smaller drivers, the best match is the Subcompact 8, especially being in a fairly small room. If your budget can push to Baby Boomer we think the additional volume capability of the Baby Boomer can assist as the Klipsch Horn tweeter is likely a very high output tweeter. In either case, the 8" woofer subwoofers are best matched to the other items in your system.

pinnaclespeakers

kbrod wrote:How much difference would this set up be from the 1000w 5.1?

Would the 9 element make a better center channel?

Are the BD500's serious overkill as rears? Would the LCR 250's be adequate enough?

What would I need to look for in a receiver for such a set up? I've only gotten receiver/satellite combos as Christmas gifts, so I wouldn't know.

Also, would it be possible to use a computer with a sound card instead of a receiver? What would I need to look for?

Thanks MUCH for the insight

Good morning, Arin with Pinnacle Speakers. We would like to take your questions 1 at a time.

The front channel Towers s-fittwr 1050 are upgrades from the fronts in the 1000 watt system

The BD 300 Center is an upgrade from the Center BD 200 in the 100 watt system

We think the SFITLCR 250 are an exclelent match for the rears, and spending the additional $155 to BD 500 as REAR is not the best use of funds. The BD 500 as the front channel would be good as they produce considerable bass, but as the rear channel, we think the BD 500 is more than you would need here. So, BD 500 is best used in the front channel.

You cannot use a computer sound card for this level of Audio. That will not work.

The 9 ELEMENT QP9W is a SPEAKER BAR, so it is the front left, front right and Center channel ALL HOUSED in 1 Cabinet. So, it is not only a center channle. Stick to BD 300 as the dedicated center

For a receiver you would look at a 5.1 or 7.1 receiver from any of the major respected brands. Look for Power output of 75 watts/channel at ow THD spec. We cannot make specific brand recommendations, but there are quite a few fine choices in the market.

kbrod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbrod
pinnaclespeakers wrote:

For a receiver you would look at a 5.1 or 7.1 receiver from any of the major respected brands. Look for Power output of 75 watts/channel at ow THD spec. We cannot make specific brand recommendations, but there are quite a few fine choices in the market.

In a 7.1, what are the other 2 channels used for?

brennanhmoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brennanhmoss
pinnaclespeakers wrote:The Aluminum version of QP9 uses an aluminum extruted cabinet with a 1/16" wall thickness. That super thin cabinet houses drivers that work with larger interior cabinet space. The extruded Aluminum is extremely costly. As such, we created a variant in a wood cabinet which has a lower production cost. The drivers are substantially similar, but not identical as they are functioning in a cavity with less airspace. Acoustically, they are extremely similar, the Aluminum construction provides primarily as cosmetic upgrade. The aluminum version of QP9 is a discontinued product.

I am not sure this question got answered. "From the photos it appears to have the same drivers as the s-bar 3059, which i've heard is an inferior speaker."

What is the difference between the drivers in the wood grained QP9 and the s-bar 3059? TIA

numberoneg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages numberoneg

Arin,

I have a 11x25 HT sunk in room (rear wall is only ~3ft high and open above that.

I was considering putting dual 12" subwoofers -- probably HSU/Velodyne/etc -- (I'm admittingly a basswhore). I am really considering getting dual baby boomer -- for the performance to price ratio.

Would I be happy? I really get an honest opinion. I listen to a lot of music (reggae, hip/hop, house), and movies.

ChillerK

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ChillerK

Question for the Pinnacle person (or anyone else who ahs some insight):

A well known website has the Pinnacle MB8000 5.1 System on sale for $299 right now. That has a 300W 8" subwoofer, and it appears to upgrade two of the satellite speakers to the 3-element ones, over the MB9500+ listed here.

What is the advantage to buying the MB9500+ listed here that has a less powerful subwoofer (125 Watt) and what appear to be 2 lesser satellite speakers, for the same price?

gibsonjv

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gibsonjv
kbrod wrote:In a 7.1, what are the other 2 channels used for?

In addition to the surround left/right speakers there are dedicated rear left/right speakers. See wikipedia article - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7.1_surround_sound

brennanhmoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brennanhmoss

Anyone from Pinnacle out there?

brennanhmoss wrote:I am not sure this question got answered. "From the photos it appears to have the same drivers as the s-bar 3059, which i've heard is an inferior speaker."

What is the difference between the drivers in the wood grained QP9 and the s-bar 3059? TIA

vanevenhoven

Arin, I also sent you a detailed private message, I look forward to your reply.

$219 if you add coupon code JSSQJ70FQD8Q1P
+ 11.xx tax
+ free shipping
The MB 8000 System is comprised of:

(3) 3 Element, 3" 2-way (Front & Center Channels)

(2) 3" 2-way Satellites (Surround Channels)

(1) 300W 8" Front Firing Powered Subwoofer

ChillerK wrote:Question for the Pinnacle person (or anyone else who ahs some insight):

A well known website has the Pinnacle MB8000 5.1 System on sale for $299 right now. That has a 300W 8" subwoofer, and it appears to upgrade two of the satellite speakers to the 3-element ones, over the MB9500+ listed here.

What is the advantage to buying the MB9500+ listed here that has a less powerful subwoofer (125 Watt) and what appear to be 2 lesser satellite speakers, for the same price?

Spirally32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spirally32

Alright, I'm going to be the silly newb here and ask dumb questions. I have been really enjoying improving the quality of sound in my house whether it be for movies or music. I have a large TV with two tower speakers all hooked up to a receiver unit. I am looking at the Center Speaker you have posted with wide-eyes (BD 300 5.25" Center Channel Speaker), however, I am not sure if it would go well with my system. Off hand I don't know the specs of my equipment but does it matter that much? My receiver has capabilities to adjust levels of different pieces. Would this Center Channel you have posted likely work with my set up? Is it somewhat universal? Or am I out of my league here and need to do my homework? Thanks in advance for the help.

Misguided

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Misguided

I recently bought some of the 6.5" in-ceiling Pioneer Elite EX speakers. I've now got two of those installed in my bedroom and was looking to add a small sub for a 2.1 setup. The subcompact 8 fits the bill perfectly, because I don't have a lot of space near where the equipment is. It is a small room so this should be more than enough.

Misguided

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Misguided

Spirally, if what you have now is currently left and right only, I would think that if you are going to add just one component from this sale, that a subwoofer (for a 2.1 setup) would make more sense than a center channel. You could add a center channel (and two rear speakers) when you are ready to jump from 2.1 to 5.1.

Spirally32 wrote:Alright, I'm going to be the silly newb here and ask dumb questions. I have been really enjoying improving the quality of sound in my house whether it be for movies or music. I have a large TV with two tower speakers all hooked up to a receiver unit. I am looking at the Center Speaker you have posted with wide-eyes (BD 300 5.25" Center Channel Speaker), however, I am not sure if it would go well with my system. Off hand I don't know the specs of my equipment but does it matter that much? My receiver has capabilities to adjust levels of different pieces. Would this Center Channel you have posted likely work with my set up? Is it somewhat universal? Or am I out of my league here and need to do my homework? Thanks in advance for the help.

Spirally32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Spirally32

Well the case is this: My TV has pretty poor sound, surprise surprise, and so I added the two towers. Now when we watch movies though the action and the music are prominent but the dialogue and other "smaller sounds" I can barely hear. I was under the impression that a Center Speaker was the solution to this.

Misguided wrote:Spirally, if what you have now is currently left and right only, I would think that if you are going to add just one component from this sale, that a subwoofer (for a 2.1 setup) would make more sense than a center channel. You could add a center channel (and two rear speakers) when you are ready to jump from 2.1 to 5.1.