pinnaclespeakers

quality posts: 87 Private Messages pinnaclespeakers
promaldini wrote:Does the soundbar of the Front Row 8210 system have the big white Pinnacle logo as shown in the Woot product pictures? The pictures on the Pinnacle website show no logo on the soundbar.

The Picture on Woot is most current photos.

pinnaclespeakers

yourefree wrote:I have a turntable and amp setup with an old pair of large pioneer speakers. Would the BD500 speakers be suitable for stereo reproduction of vinyl. I don't want to add a subwoofer to this setup. Small basement room. 8 foot ceilings. room approx 14 x 9

YES! The BD 500 is a perfect choice for your situation. No sub needed in the small room. Be amzed when you hear what you have. The BD 500 is one of my personnal favorites.

nebelhund

quality posts: 7 Private Messages nebelhund

The 2.1 deal (soundbar and sub) inputs look like one optical and three 1/8" inputs. The 1/8" inputs are the same 3.5mm plugs that most phones/ipods use, correct?

If using the optical cable with your tv, do you have to use the soundbar remote to control the volume, or can you set it to a certain volume, and have the tv remote control the volume? (That is basically what I understood from the product pdf from your company site. Just want to confirm.)

Thanks

pinnaclespeakers

kytharc wrote:Hey! Thanks for responding to all of the comments in here, it's a really strong testament to your customer service, and it is awesome to see =)

Like another customer you responded to, I purchased the Take 5 speaker set from last week's sale, and am investigating buying one of your subs to go along with it. However, I own a Roland KC-550, which I use for my drum set etc., but I also planned on using with my sound system. As audio experts, would you recommend me getting a sub on top of this setup, or would it be redundant? (This is all going into a fairly large room: if I had to guess, I'd say 18x30 with a high ceiling)

Thank you for the compliment. We think the large room would need a louder output subwoofer. And even using both subwoofers....So we think adding PSSUB 225 is good for the room. With the Take 5 system, set the crossover on the receiver at 100Hz or even up to 125 HZ if you can.

pinnaclespeakers

nebelhund wrote:The 2.1 deal (soundbar and sub) inputs look like one optical and three 1/8" inputs. The 1/8" inputs are the same 3.5mm plugs that most phones/ipods use, correct?

If using the optical cable with your tv, do you have to use the soundbar remote to control the volume, or can you set it to a certain volume, and have the tv remote control the volume? (That is basically what I understood from the product pdf from your company site. Just want to confirm.)

Thanks

The remote for the Powered SOUNDBAR is dedicated to the SOUNDBAR. Your TV remote will adjust the TV. So, you are correct.

pinnaclespeakers

cbadvzr wrote:Sorry if already discussed, but I noticed that the 2.1 setup mentions a 2 year warranty while everything else I click on has been 7 yrs. If typo, sign me up for one. If not, would you explain the rationale for offering the shorter warranty?
TIA
~Colby

The standard in the industry for this type of product(powered SOUNDBARS and powered subwoofers ranges from 3 months to 1 year. Our warranty is double that, 2 years in this category. We are confident the products will perform for many years. Yet, electronics have different warranty durations. That is typical throughout the industry.

valrus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages valrus

I'm seriously thinking about getting the bookshelf speakers to replace a 2.1 Logitech active setup, but I not don't know a lot about how this works. So I have some questions:
1. Would the BD500s alone be suitable for this, speaker-wise, or would I need a subwoofer too? It's a pretty small room.
2. Would I need an amp too? How much can I expect that to run me for one that won't end up being the weakest link in my setup?
3. Anything else I need to expect if I'm to do this kind of upgrade?

Thanks!

pinnaclespeakers

valrus wrote:I'm seriously thinking about getting the bookshelf speakers to replace a 2.1 Logitech active setup, but I not don't know a lot about how this works. So I have some questions:
1. Would the BD500s alone be suitable for this, speaker-wise, or would I need a subwoofer too? It's a pretty small room.
2. Would I need an amp too? How much can I expect that to run me for one that won't end up being the weakest link in my setup?
3. Anything else I need to expect if I'm to do this kind of upgrade?

Thanks!

THE BD 500 will be a night and day upgrade for you. The bass on the BD 500 is substantially greater than the bass you currently have in the existing set-up. We think you should start with BD 500 and because the improvement will be so dramatic, you will think there is a subwoofer. You will need a stereo receiver to hook up or an after market low cost speaker amplifier only is adequate.

pinnaclespeakers

dewyrussler wrote:I have a question regarding the sub in the MB11500 package as compared to the stand-alone PS225 sub. They look similar but the back on the PS225 only has a volume where the one in the package has additional adjustments. Is that the only difference or is one better than the other?

I'm thinking about either purchasing the PS225 sub, the BD300 center, and six of the 3-element LCR speakers. Would that be OK, or would it be better to use the BD500s for front speakers?

Or, I could buy the MB1150 system and add two LCR speakers for my 7.1. Any advice on which setup would be better???

I've never had the opportunity to listen the Pinnacle speakers so I'm flying in the dark here just going off comments and reviews. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Good question. Lots of good choices: BUT:, we recommend BD 500 in front and BD 300 Center as they are both from the same Black DIamond Series and are perfectly matched to each other. Then 1 pair SFITLCR250 in the rear and the subwoofer choice is this; if the room is smaller than 300 square ' and you listen to at least 50% music, we suggest Subcompact 8 as the subwoofer. If the room is larger than 300 square feet, or you listen to mostly movies,the PSSUB 225 is our suggestion. Either option is fine, but the subwoofer should mostly be a function of room size.
This configuration is an upgrade from the MB 11500+ due to BD 300 and BD 500 across the front.

jdgesmlls

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdgesmlls

Hi,
Regarding the MB 11500+ system,

I current have a Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver with 130 watts/channel, would this system be a good mate for this receiver?

Also, can you elaborate more about the speaker mounts that come with the system?

I see the notches in the back of the satellites as if to hang them from a nail or screw but do they have additional hardware to allow up/down and swivel adjustments?

realtimshady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages realtimshady

Currently debating between the front row 2.1 and the 11500+

I'm currently renting a room in a house, in which I do my movie viewing and video gaming. I'm usually the only viewer, and the area is no more than 12'x12'x12'. I think the 2.1 system would probably be a sufficient upgrade over the TV speakers, and the ease of setup is a plus in my book.

However, within the next few months I'll be moving into a house of my own - viewing area will likely (but not necessarily) be larger, with more viewers, and a greater diversity of purposes (e.g. music).

How large a space would be 'too big' for this 2.1 setup, and what would that insufficiency look like? I assume it would still be an improvement over TV speakers, and not needing a receiver is still a plus.

Alternatively, I could opt for the 11500+ now, to get ahead of the move. What dimensions would you suggest as "too small" or "too big" for this system? Is this deal so irresistable, that it's worth acquiring towards a future system that won't get used for a while? (I welcome the suggestions of future wooters too)

Or would you suggest something else entirely? Appreciate any response.

pinnaclespeakers

jdgesmlls wrote:Hi,
Regarding the MB 11500+ system,

I current have a Onkyo TX-SR805 receiver with 130 watts/channel, would this system be a good mate for this receiver?

Also, can you elaborate more about the speaker mounts that come with the system?

I see the notches in the back of the satellites as if to hang them from a nail or screw but do they have additional hardware to allow up/down and swivel adjustments?

Hi, Arin with Pinnacle here. The MB 11500+ is an excellent match with Onkyo receiver. Onkyo makes very fine products. The rear of the speakers in MB 11500+ system has a screw (you will see it clearly on the picture) if you unscrew it, a 1/4" 20 threaded insert is revealed. That threaded insert accepts many after market swivel mounts you asked about. So, we took that mounting idea into account in the design of the product. That is typical at Pinnacle, as the President is in charge of engineering. We typically over-engineer our products acoustically and with many extra features. So, you are able to mount the speakers in MB 11500+ any way you would want.

alderei

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alderei

Hi Arin,

I am interested in the 9-element SOUNDBAR. My concern is over the "surround effect." With all of the elements so close together and centered on the wall with the TV, won't the left-front and right-front sound like they are coming from the middle of the room? Right now I have speakers spread out in the room (about 20 ft apart) for the left and right channels. I like the idea of de-cluttering the room, but I am leery of losing the surround effect.

pinnaclespeakers

alderei wrote:Hi Arin,

I am interested in the 9-element SOUNDBAR. My concern is over the "surround effect." With all of the elements so close together and centered on the wall with the TV, won't the left-front and right-front sound like they are coming from the middle of the room? Right now I have speakers spread out in the room (about 20 ft apart) for the left and right channels. I like the idea of de-cluttering the room, but I am leery of losing the surround effect.

Good question. QP9 W SPEAKERBAR, is designed to be 3 distinctly different speakers in 1 wide format cainet. The cabinet is internally partitioned to make sure each section operates individually. So the Bar is truly a front left, front right and center channle in the space saving 1 cabinet design. At nearly 40" in width, the dispersion is quite good and the 3 channels sound distinct and not muddled. Now, having said that, the wider separation of a separate cabinet for front,and center channels can create a wider soundfield, BUT, since we invented the speakerbar concept in 2003, we know very well how do deal with the issue you mention. Most people prefer the 1 cabinet solution, yet, and in this instance, the QP9 W speakerbar provides the wide soundfield you want. If your receiver has different volume setting for front left, front right and center channel,then you can further tailor the sound with volume levels adjusted.

Not knowing what you have now, we are confident unless the existing products are from a major brand and cost over $800 or so, our Speakerbar would sound better.

vanevenhoven

quality posts: 21 Private Messages vanevenhoven

Dammit, you made me buy one more. I picked up the BD300 - I honestly wish I had the BD500 to go with it - they look amazing. On the upside, I have an extra soundbar now....

I'll email offline, thanks.

I'm with others, your communication on this, and the other three offers of Pinnacle have been amazing. The product sells itself, but your customer service is ... unexpected. thanks for the help!

pinnaclespeakers wrote:WOW, you have many many excellent options here. So, we will start by looking at the fairly large 30' x 17' area.

For that room we suggest using the 7.2 configuration as follows:

2 SFITTWR 1050 Front Channels
2 SFITLCR 250 Rear Chanels
2 SFITLCR 250 SIDE channels
1 Baby Boomer sub in front
1 SubCompact 8 Rear Subwoofer
CENTER: BUY BD 300
We think you should buy a DEDICATED CENTER CHANNEL with larger drivers than SFITLCR 250 due to room size and Towers in the front...........and use the Parade Float(w as it is intended as all 3 front and center channel in another system.

We think only using the center section on the QP9W is forfeigting too much of what that product is best used for.

We appreciate all your support as enthusiasm for our products. We do think you have earned a hat or nice T shirt, yes we do.
Please send e-mail to Arin@pinnaclespeakers.com and we will ship something for you to sport.