3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung 3D Blu-ray Player with Apps
$69.99 + $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Reviews

that was fun while it lasted!

itsajeepthing

quality posts: 1 Private Messages itsajeepthing

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-142xnqPPiEU/p_305BDE5900/Samsung-BD-E5900.html#customer-reviews-tab

5 stars here

MobileMikey

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MobileMikey

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0076R7F62

$51.99 plus $9.64 shpg refurb. Amazon. And cheaper.

[MOD: Wrong Model. That's the BD-E5700. We're selling the BD-E5900]

s38b36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages s38b36

never mind, link above was indeed to massively poorly reviewed other model, this one seems marginally well rec'ed on amazon.

I spent time researching wi-fi equipped players before getting my mom one last year, ended up with a Sony which has been trouble-free thus far. so it's apparently rock solid and easy to use, given her admitted technology immigrant status.

factotum

quality posts: 10 Private Messages factotum
s38b36 wrote:... given her admitted technology immigrant status.

Wut?

Kanabis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Kanabis
s38b36 wrote:never mind, link above was indeed to massively poorly reviewed other model, this one seems marginally well rec'ed on amazon.

I spent time researching wi-fi equipped players before getting my mom one last year, ended up with a Sony which has been trouble-free thus far. so it's apparently rock solid and easy to use, given her admitted technology immigrant status.

Amazon search is crap. Search for a specific number and it returns inferior item. Often even the first result. Plus it makes you drill down to a category. Its a Bluray Player Where's the Football? category do you think I want. They are the largest e-tailer on the planet. Hire some search people

calpencil

quality posts: 2 Private Messages calpencil

region free?

ikeray

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ikeray

anyone know if this model (or if all samsung blu-ray players) suffers from the same lag as the model from the woot-off (d5700)?

I love it, and after getting a video selected on netflix, its fine, but it lags loading the images and the search.

spidra

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spidra

Does anyone know whether you can hook a player such as this up to your Mac and use http://www.macblurayplayer.com/ to play it?

DerHirnFanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DerHirnFanger

Is this the player that Woot had up earlier that has no optical audio output? HDMI and Coax only?

ch5273

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ch5273

US STANDARD 110V?? OR MULTI-VOLTAGE 110V-240V??

havocsback

quality posts: 4 Private Messages havocsback
ch5273 wrote:US STANDARD 110V?? OR MULTI-VOLTAGE 110V-240V??

According to Samsung's site:
Rating Voltage : 110 - 240 V

link007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages link007

I picked this up last time it was offered and so far, so good! I've been looking for a player with integrated wifi for a while to replace my 2.5 yr old Sony that is SLOW loading BDs & needs a $70+ external USB add-on for wireless streaming. Installation of player & set-up of Netflix was reasonably easy. Watched a movie which streamed just fine; no major issues to note. Here's hoping this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

ch5273

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ch5273
havocsback wrote:According to Samsung's site:

thnaks for the reply.

csublime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages csublime

anyone know if this will play avi

Unclemongo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Unclemongo

OK, so it's good for Netflix. Anyone know if it's also set up (or can be set up) for Amazon Prime vids? I'm having to get rid of the one I've got because my fiancee's got Prime and my dinky DVD player doesn't link.

emflah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages emflah
Unclemongo wrote:OK, so it's good for Netflix. Anyone know if it's also set up (or can be set up) for Amazon Prime vids? I'm having to get rid of the one I've got because my fiancee's got Prime and my dinky DVD player doesn't link.

Sadly it isn't on Amazon Prime's list of supported devices. Oddly enough, none of Samsung's Blu Ray players are, even though a bunch of their TVs are. It does do Netflix and Hulu Plus though.

maniac2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maniac2k

DO NOT BUY!!! Google CINAVIA.

fast45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fast45

It states that you must use "active" 3D Glasses. My understanding is that 3d movies on BluRay come in at least three different 3D formats and that the television deciphers the signal to play in the televisions format. In my case having a Vizeo TV, I use "passive" glasses. Is this not true? Or is this BluRay player only capable of deciphering the format which requires "active" glasses?

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast
DerHirnFanger wrote:Is this the player that Woot had up earlier that has no optical audio output? HDMI and Coax only?

Same one, same price. Still I am tempted to pull the trigger. Walmart is going to have a new LG 3D Player for $68 on Thanksgiving but there are no details on that other than a picture. (and the horrible though of being in a Walmart at 10:00PM on Thanksgiving night. Stuff nightmares are made of)

My LG TV does have optical out. Will I get the same quality sound running HDMI to the TV and Optical out to the receiver?

cdebro

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdebro

DO NOT buy Samsung refurbished products. I bought the BD5700 from woot! a couple of weeks ago and received the unit in poor cosmetic condition. Samsung will not replace it with one that is not in such shape because it is cosmetic damage. This makes no sense since they sent it to me in this condition. Reading the warranty, this falls under the materials and workmanship clause.

I buy refurbs all of the time and they have all looked new, until now.

If you want a second rate refurb, then pull the trigger on a Samsung refurbed product.

rhodelle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rhodelle

If the refurb tag bothers you, you can try your luck at Target on Black Friday for $99. It's not the one in the picture but it's there in the fine print:

http://bfads.net/Target-Black-Friday-Samsung-WiFi-BluRay-Player

Given the choice, I'd get it here from Woot. Black Friday shopping always gives me the urge to punch people... unless you're into that sort of thing.

gak0090

quality posts: 78 Private Messages gak0090
Kanabis wrote:Amazon search is crap. Search for a specific number and it returns inferior item. Often even the first result. Plus it makes you drill down to a category. Its a Bluray Player Where's the Football? category do you think I want. They are the largest e-tailer on the planet. Hire some search people

Dude- you are right on! I love the pricing on amazon but the search is garbage. Compare it to Newegg where it is much easier to find stuff, set your own criteria, sorting is better, product details are much better.

brdunkle

quality posts: 1 Private Messages brdunkle
maniac2k wrote:DO NOT BUY!!! Google CINAVIA.

Thank you...I was just getting ready to ask if it enforced this protection the way that all of the SONYs do.

imagoob

quality posts: 1 Private Messages imagoob

Poor reviews online. Lack of apps leads complaints. Manufacturer claims a firmware update will add the Netfilx app. Though others are not available like HBOgo and Amazon streaming vids. Not going to bite!

mmongeau

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mmongeau
mdrcoast wrote:Same one, same price. Still I am tempted to pull the trigger. Walmart is going to have a new LG 3D Player for $68 on Thanksgiving but there are no details on that other than a picture. (and the horrible though of being in a Walmart at 10:00PM on Thanksgiving night. Stuff nightmares are made of)

According to the online flyer Walmart will be selling the LG BP325 for $68.

Newbious

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Newbious

You've heard of smartTv, well this is a smart Bluray. Is plays every video format and has all the apps of a SmartTv. Did I say WiFi (Wireless Fidelity)...LOL. My best player ever.

zaphod9977

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zaphod9977
havocsback wrote:According to Samsung's site:

I looked at the back of my player (and the manual) and it states that it is 120v, 60Hz.

Also, Amazon Video is not among the 52 video apps available. I got mine the last time it was offered and have been please with it. There are apps for listening to radio stations around the world and video apps for watching Korean, Japanese, Filipino, Indian, and Chinese movies online.

ki4rxm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ki4rxm

Would love to buy, but I don't need/want to pay for 3D, and all of the regular BD players Woot! sells seem to be craptastic. Looks like I'll be heading for Wally or BestBuy on Black Friday to score one of their $35 regular BD players.

p2k2000

quality posts: 1 Private Messages p2k2000

I just got this model from Best Buy, paid around the same because they first shipped the wrong product from their warehouse. So far, so good with this model. The features are very easy to use. Avatar 3D played awesomely.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast
mmongeau wrote:According to the online flyer Walmart will be selling the LG BP325 for $68.

Thank You! That one does not have Optical out as well. Comes down to buying a refurbished Samsung from Woot or dealing with Black Friday at Walmart for a New LG.
The model you referenced does not seem to have Wifi but the add says it does have Wi-Fi.....

mweingarte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mweingarte
Unclemongo wrote:OK, so it's good for Netflix. Anyone know if it's also set up (or can be set up) for Amazon Prime vids? I'm having to get rid of the one I've got because my fiancee's got Prime and my dinky DVD player doesn't link.

Doesn't appear to work with Amazon Prime but it has Voodoo (I hope I spelled that right). Also, has Netflix, Pandora, Networks with your computer, etc. Works real well especially after I hard wired it.

mweingarte

WhoDo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WhoDo

Have a samsung Blu-ray player wont play Blu-rays samsung is very poor about updates the seem to want you to buy new every 6 months same with there phones and tablets. going back to Sony

jm42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jm42

Please explain what this means.

maniac2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maniac2k

Did you even google it? Cinavia is drm protection that you do not. Want.

techmine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages techmine

It has AllShare and I have galaxyS3 which makes them good companions. I blv Allshare comes with free 5GB storage too.

Edit: I have Roku as my main Online streaming device but it lacks YouTube (natively). So this BDPlayer brings AllShare and Youtube apps. I think I am going to pull the trigger.

sagce

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sagce
maniac2k wrote:Did you even google it? Cinavia is drm protection that you do not. Want.

I did - again please explain - it sounds like a big brother app, if I am correct, but then again, I am not sure - just want to broten my horizons - thank you

Chsisco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Chsisco

Can anyone recommend a Bluray player that does not have CINAVIA?