zzzaap

quality posts: 51 Private Messages zzzaap

I may be one person, but I've been losing respect for woot! for quite a long time now. Selling something like this is speeding up that negative effect of whatever respect I have.

messymoney

quality posts: 1 Private Messages messymoney

I'm curious why everyone is talking to Woot like it's a person.

Woot is a company. Company's suceed by making money. If Woot got a deal on these silly little things then so be it. You don't have to buy them. In fact, Woot almost pokes fun at the fact that they probably don't work but Hey! Why not make these some sporty accessory friendship bracelets instead.

Day in and day out Woot is pretty damn good about saving ALL of us money on things we were probably going to buy anyway.

Again, it's a company. Let's focus on what we dig about it and let this gripe about running bracelets go. Woot is not a person!

Damn.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

8 bucks for an ugly plastic 50-cent bracelet is still too much.

mrellimist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrellimist

Seeing this sold on Woot makes me never want to come here again.

tdelly1989

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tdelly1989

To be fair, Woot isn't promising increased physical performance with these bracelets, only increased stylin' performance. Under the product description it doesn't promise superhuman powers, only an accessory for bare wrists.

One will still look gullible wearing one of these, but at least they weren't sold it being promised they'd be able to sprint like Usain Bolt, or be irresistible to women.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

messymoney wrote:I'm curious why everyone is talking to Woot like it's a person.

Woot is a company. Company's suceed by making money. If Woot got a deal on these silly little things then so be it. You don't have to buy them. In fact, Woot almost pokes fun at the fact that they probably don't work but Hey! Why not make these some sporty accessory friendship bracelets instead.

Day in and day out Woot is pretty damn good about saving ALL of us money on things we were probably going to buy anyway.

Again, it's a company. Let's focus on what we dig about it and let this gripe about running bracelets go. Woot is not a person!

Damn.

tdelly1989 wrote:To be fair, Woot isn't promising increased physical performance with these bracelets, only increased stylin' performance. Under the product description it doesn't promise superhuman powers, only an accessory for bare wrists.

One will still look gullible wearing one of these, but at least they weren't sold it being promised they'd be able to sprint like Usain Bolt, or be irresistible to women.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

m3talcore

quality posts: 6 Private Messages m3talcore

Yes, the description pokes fun at the product, but that's hardly a saving grace for genuine power balance wristbands (worn by Drew Brees, Clay Matthews and Darren Sproles) at 87% off the list price. It's hard to put my disgust into words. Further, I'm not sure how anyone can defend the sale of these.

iguana71

quality posts: 4 Private Messages iguana71

My left arm is a hair shorter than my right and therefore slightly lighter. I wear one on my left wrist to balance the difference so I can walk in a straight line again. See, it does work! :D

lunacatt13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lunacatt13
molex wrote:Good job woot, what's next, snake oil? Magic fairy wands? Tooth brush sanitizing lights? "Gamer" glasses? Oh, wait...

I'm buying less and less stuff from woot lately and this kind of unreserved GARBAGE is why. If you buy these magnetic bracelets you're a fool and if you sell them you're a scammer.

That's right woot, you're scamming people. I can't wait to see you selling "Head On" headache relief (it's a wax stick by the way) or maybe Woot will be offering equity loans on cars in the near future. If people are dumb enough to buy these bracelets what WON'T they buy?

About "Head On"..yeah the commercial makes the product look stupid, but it's not 'just a wax stick'. It's like icy-hot for your noggin. If you prefer that over pain as I do, then it works.

jbasha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jbasha

So, I almost bought one because I thought held a magnet and I could use it to attach odd-shaped items to my refrigerator. But now I see it has a hologram ?!? So does it project a hologram, like a life size Obi-Wan Kenobi ? If so, I'm in for 3.

dufus2506

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dufus2506

These will all end up where they belong:

In a Bag 'O Crap.

SumDuud

quality posts: 21 Private Messages SumDuud

Man a lot of whiners and haters out there. If woot was selling these for the $30-$60 I've seen them retail for, then they're ripping people off; when they are selling them for $4 each, it is just a bracelet with a name. Get over yourselves and have a little fun. Besides, if you BELIEVE they work, then for you they may make some difference, power of the mind is not to be underestimated...

Personal story, my step son had one of these and said he couldn't fall over while wearing it. So I shoulder checked him and after he got up off the ground he threw it in the trash. lol

btw if this is the worst thing you've seen on woot, then you must be pretty new around here. ;p

Let's see the quality impulse buys!
Wooter to blame for sellout: SumDuud
Sellout time: 8:11:25 AM Central Time

Contrarian by nature.

DingleDongleBongle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DingleDongleBongle

All you people who are up in arms over this, take a chill pill. It is not the responsibility of Woot to protect you, it is your responsibility to protect yourself. Research products before you buy them. This leftist mindset is really taking over... people just want to be mollycoddled. Man up, everyone.

DingleDongleBongle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DingleDongleBongle
zzzaap wrote:I may be one person, but I've been losing respect for woot! for quite a long time now. Selling something like this is speeding up that negative effect of whatever respect I have.

Then why are you here looking for things to buy?

hosesplus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hosesplus

These work great!! I bought a gross,put them on a shelf in my store and the next thing you know I had 5 times the money i put out for them! I think they are magic or something.That extra cash did wonders for my balance.

FIGHTING CRIME AND INDIFFERENCE SINCE 8:32 THIS MORNING

ProfessorOhki

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ProfessorOhki
haveabigjohnson wrote:Woot, I was checking out the Powerbalance website. They have a list of unauthorized sellers, and Amazon is listed. These could be counterfeit! How can you guarantee me that my order of 1000000 will be real?! We REALLY need to check into this. I think it is funny that the form is called "report a fake" I think I will fill out a form and list Powerbalance.com as a fake.

http://www.powerbalance.com/report-a-fake

The genuine ones have an official identifying hologr- oh.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

haveabigjohnson wrote:Woot, I was checking out the Powerbalance website. They have a list of unauthorized sellers, and Amazon is listed. These could be counterfeit! How can you guarantee me that my order of 1000000 will be real?! We REALLY need to check into this. I think it is funny that the form is called "report a fake" I think I will fill out a form and list Powerbalance.com as a fake.

http://www.powerbalance.com/report-a-fake

i guess i could contact our buyer & have 'em confirm that these are legit, but...
is it worth the energy?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

porlob

quality posts: 4 Private Messages porlob
Passenger57 wrote:Some people wear them for style/fashion purposes, not because they'll make them fly or anything.

I don't know that "I'm incredibly gullible" is something I'd want to communicate through fashion. Because that's what I think every time I see someone wearing one.

blue_94_trooper

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blue_94_trooper
messymoney wrote:I'm curious why everyone is talking to Woot like it's a person.

Woot is a company.

Companies ARE people!

porlob

jizake02 wrote:I can't believe we have so many crybabyfaces making comments... Does Woot claim anywhere on the ad that they work? The answer is no.

You are correct. However, this product is fraudulent (that's not libelous or overstatement, but the finding of the Australian consumer protection board http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/964065).

The presence of fraudulent products on Woot -- even at a steep discount -- is troubling and supremely disappointing.

barrelmanXL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages barrelmanXL

Woot, I am disapointed as well. I realize "companies have to make money," but too much heinous behavior has been justified with that logic over the years for it to serve as an excuse by itself. The bottom line is that your buyers probably should of passed on this one. There is on need to ease the loss of profits from a company that was scamming its customers by assisting their product liquidation.

At the very least, you could have included a link in your product write up to any of the many pages (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Balance) explaining how these things are a croc. I know we are capable of googling "Power Balance" ourselves, but this is Woot, not a used car dealership where there is more oil in the salesman's hair then under the cars. We should not have to.

ryvertrueheart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ryvertrueheart

Yeah, really don't understand the negative reactions here. Woot is a company that sells things. They're currently selling rubber bracelets for $4 each. And somehow, Woot is a terrible place because the manufacturer erroneously claims they have magic power and sells them for 8 times the price.

I believe they're stupid crap. Other people may not. Woot does not make a claim either way, and is selling them for dirt cheap. I don't see the problem here.

smittypap

quality posts: 6 Private Messages smittypap
LittleFoxx wrote:... lighten up... if they don't do anything who cares, it's not like they are saying these bracelets are going to cure cancer or something like that.. although technically if they are pushing on the pressure points on you wrists at the very least they are curbing nausea =P

OMG. You're serious, aren't you?

Crap

cosmotic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosmotic

Selling these is an embarrassment to woot.

fiftymegatims

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fiftymegatims
blue_94_trooper wrote:Companies ARE people!

Totally agree with you.

fiftymegatims

PemberDucky wrote:i guess i could contact our buyer & have 'em confirm that these are legit, but...
is it worth the energy?

Reading about the hate for these things and what is slowly developing toward Woot is like watching a ship sink slowly. Your community has spoken and they want life rafts.

The least you could do is follow up on the request. If not then pull the product.

This is the second time Woot has run this item with the same community outcome.

jizake02

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jizake02
porlob wrote:You are correct. However, this product is fraudulent (that's not libelous or overstatement, but the finding of the Australian consumer protection board http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/964065).

The presence of fraudulent products on Woot -- even at a steep discount -- is troubling and supremely disappointing.

The product is fraudulant if and only if the claimed function of the product is something other than what it actually is. At one time, this product WAS fraudulant when sold by a company that claimed they had "special powers". Woot, on the other hand, is NOT making those claims....and thus NOT, in this case, fraudulant.

haveabigjohnson

quality posts: 10 Private Messages haveabigjohnson
fiftymegatims wrote:Reading about the hate for these things and what is slowly developing toward Woot is like watching a ship sink slowly. Your community has spoken and they want life rafts.

The least you could do is follow up on the request. If not then pull the product.

This is the second time Woot has run this item with the same community outcome.

My post was a joke, like this product. I don't give a crap about this product at all. I think they should not have bothered to sell it, but again I don't give a crap. I just now realized that these do not contain magnets even. Now I really am confused on how they sold these. Wow! marketing pros.

seven77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages seven77

so i guess that woot now supports anti vaccine and the theory that HIV is not real too. power balance has been sued out of existence in several countries. woot, you make money on these and they are a scam for week minded fools.

irqzero

quality posts: 3 Private Messages irqzero

True story: l met a new VP at my company one day, and he was wearing one of these. It caused me to immediately judge him to be a m or on, we are after all, a tech company. 6 months later he was asked to leave. If only they had noticed his magic bracelet and came to the same conclusion during the interview.

fiftymegatims

http://www.powerbalance.com/powerbalance-10-pack-holograms.html

This works better.

porlob

jizake02 wrote:The product is fraudulant if and only if the claimed function of the product is something other than what it actually is. At one time, this product WAS fraudulant when sold by a company that claimed they had "special powers". Woot, on the other hand, is NOT making those claims....and thus NOT, in this case, fraudulant.

I'm afraid it was the Power Balance company themselves, not just a retailer, that claimed their product had special powers. And there's a missing element to fraud in your definition: deception. The PowerBalance people knew that "holographic technology" doesn't do squat for "enhancing performance," whatever that is.

No one is criticizing Woot for Woot's own claims about the product, as you imply. We are criticizing their decision to sell deceptive, predatory garbage on a site we trust.