WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: So, now we’re also curious: does it bother you when a guy doesn’t shave his face?
  • 9.1% - I’m a guy and yes. 243
  • 11.3% - I’m a gal and yes. 301
  • 61.9% - I’m a guy and no. 1655
  • 17.7% - I’m a gal and no. 473
2672 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

quark613

quality posts: 11 Private Messages quark613

Are you asking about a beard, or stubbly scruffiness?

widmer69

quality posts: 14 Private Messages widmer69

Shaving is for suckers.

hooray beer!

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati

This is an entirely different issue than hairy lady legs. Do I have issue with an unshaven man's face? NO, not one bit... unless it's causing me injury. When the hair on a man's face is not shaved, and not yet long enough to soften a bit, then it's brutal. I have been wrecked by makeout sessions. It seriously hurts! Some scruff is hot looking, but tender, red, chafed skin on my sensitive face is a major bummer. Just commit to a beard if you won't shave. A beard is fine by me because Brain thinks men with beards are good and nice and kind (like Dan Haggerty on Grizzly Adams but maybe not so much at the Bunny Ranch).

I'm just sayin'... I don't believe I've ever caused injury with my blonde leg stubble.

goddess8681

quality posts: 1 Private Messages goddess8681

The hubs decided to grow a beard a few months ago. I cannot stand it. There is no chance of it causing injury because I won't let him get that close HAHAHA. Seriously though its gross, especially when I'm like um hey, there's food stuck in your face pubes.

balisane

quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

I would cry real, hot tears if the boy I like suddenly decided to grow a beard, but generally, as long as you're not removing flesh or neckbearding, I can't imagine caring.

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb

Man reporting in:

It all depends on how the beard looks when it grows out. If you can't grow with fullness, don't grow a beard, noone likes to see a patchy mess.

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb
Sati wrote:
I'm just sayin'... I don't believe I've ever caused injury with my blonde leg stubble.

I simply must disagree. If there is truly prickly stubble, you may not have done an injury-but I bet there has been discomfort. Any leg on leg contact through intimate activities can be troublesome.

I could go on, but we need to keep it PG-13.

beaglebrains

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beaglebrains

Soooo...almost 70% of wooters are dudes. No surprise, lol.

runningsharky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages runningsharky

I'm active duty military so when a guy doesn't shave, it look unprofessional. So yes it dose bother me when someone doesn't shave. We call these dirt bags or people who won't make it far in the military with their current mind set.

kutiel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel

Really surprised at some peoples views on beards. Beards look classy to me when kept well groomed.

eunosroadster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eunosroadster

Shaving is for the weak, shave when you're dead.

lichme

quality posts: 2756 Private Messages lichme

I care not, but my wife on the other hand has threatened not to shave if I don't.

psycher1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages psycher1

An interesting, hypocritical subject that's always fascinated me. Meh.

HomerTime

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HomerTime

Bearded or clean-shaven is cool with me. But guys who think "growing a beard" = "stop shaving and never groom my facial hair again" are often clueless as to how bad it looks when they take that approach.

kamaren

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kamaren

Scruff is insanely hot to me. Which is a problem since I'm in the military and everyone around me is clean shaven. I love holidays and long weekends away from base!

thejenandonly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thejenandonly

Beard-lover, right here. I prefer facial hair on probably 95% of men. ^_^

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
beaglebrains wrote:Soooo...almost 70% of wooters are dudes. No surprise, lol.

And the other 30% are men. ;-P

It's MOVEMBER! So, yeah, grow out those '70s moustaches, men! And get your prostates and testicles checked.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

alwaysamarinedcaro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alwaysamarinedcaro

I think when it's unkept is when it bothers me.

kmcabee2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmcabee2

im a guy, and personally can't stand the feel of 'scruff' while I keep a goatee and mustache, everything else physically irritates me. But thats only on my own face. I could care less how men groom themselves

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
thejenandonly wrote:Beard-lover, right here. I prefer facial hair on probably 95% of men. ^_^

How YOU doin'?

fromcincinnati

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fromcincinnati

I've had a beard for about 40 years, so beards are ok with me.

ShaggyTx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShaggyTx
goddess8681 wrote:The hubs decided to grow a beard a few months ago. I cannot stand it. There is no chance of it causing injury because I won't let him get that close HAHAHA. Seriously though its gross, especially when I'm like um hey, there's food stuck in your face pubes.

Or nose boogers! Men with beards appear fat whether they are or not heavy in the cheeks.

alias007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alias007

Here's the poll, refactored by gender.

Of women polled:
39% are bothered
61% are not bothered

Of men polled:
12% are bothered
88% are not bothered

davidsikes73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidsikes73

What have we learned? A lot of dudes visit woot.

tomprodehl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomprodehl
Sati wrote:I'm just sayin'... I don't believe I've ever caused injury with my blonde leg stubble.

It wasn't your LEG stubble. Next time shave recently before asking.

losbradley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losbradley

Smooth-shaved or groomed facial hair are both great for me but prickly scruff is NOT okay. I'm sensitive!

VeejayXL

quality posts: 1 Private Messages VeejayXL
ckeilah wrote:And the other 30% are men. ;-P

It's MOVEMBER! So, yeah, grow out those '70s moustaches, men! And get your prostates and testicles checked.

Myeah! What he said, see. Myeah.