4%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
47" 1080p HDTV
$649.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

SilentLegend

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SilentLegend

Is that an LG in the picture? Can we have an actual manufacturer listed?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

SilentLegend wrote:Is that an LG in the picture? Can we have an actual manufacturer listed?

There are 3 TVs offered: two LGs and one Vizio.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

Per dealnews:
Walmart offers the LG 47" 120Hz 1080p LED-Backlit Ultra-Slim LCD HD Television, model no. 47LS4500, for an in-cart price of $578 with free shipping. (Note that you'll need to log-in to your account to see this price.) That's the lowest total price we could find by $22. Sales tax is added where applicable. Measuring just 1.4" thick, this TV features a 1920x1080 (1080p) native resolution, 120Hz refresh rate, edge-lit LED backlight, USB, two HDMI inputs, and more.

dliidlii

Fry's Electronics offers the Haier 46" 1080p LED-Backlit LCD HD Television, model no. LE46F2380, for $399 with free shipping. That's the lowest total price we could find by $159 and the best price we've seen for a Haier 46" HDTV. Sales tax is added where applicable. It features a 1920x1080 (1080p) native resolution, LED backlight, two HDMI inputs, and more,Per dealnews.

spunge13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spunge13

I have the 47LW5300, which I got refurbished for slightly more. It really is a good T.V. There are a TON of picture settings so you can get a great image, also there's a hack out there that lets you turn on local dimming and THX settings. Speakers are your average junk flat screen speakers.

Ezpcconcepts

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezpcconcepts

An observation I missed when I purchased the JVC tv last week. There is no Square Trade option available for these TVs. If there was there would be a link. I also confirmed by calling Square Trade, the only refurbished TVs they warranty are ones bought at EBay unless a link is provided like there has been in past refurbished TV Woots. Lastly I also confirmed this to be true with Woot Customer Service. This is the first TV Woot I have purchase and have had 0 returns on other itmes so I am thinking it will be OK with the 90 day. Its not like I am a bar or restaraunt that is going to be running the TVs 10 to 16 hours a day. All I wanted was a TV for my xBox and viewing when my wife is watching something I don't want to watch.. In short I placed my confidence in Woot to sell a worthy product as they have in many past Woots and believe I will love my new TV. You most likely will too and saving money will add a bonus to boot.

outdoorslife

quality posts: 8 Private Messages outdoorslife

So who actually did the refurbishing on these TV's ?
Given that in the past Woot was providing SquareTrade warranties, I wonder why they aren't with these TV's.

whitcwa

quality posts: 12 Private Messages whitcwa

Only 8 comments after 5 hours?
Go for the cheapest one. It has an LED backlight and you don't need 3D.
OK, 9 comments.

cryan180

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cryan180
whitcwa wrote:Only 8 comments after 5 hours?
Go for the cheapest one. It has an LED backlight and you don't need 3D.
OK, 9 comments.

You might not 'need' 3D but if you play co-op split screen games it is kind of nice. With passive 3D like these you can either mod a pair of glasses or buy them and be able to see just your screen as full screen. (only works for co-op, doesnt work for more then 2) but still it is a reason I am getting a 3D tv!
here is a link if you are interested in how to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_GlxVCtzJs

richardmeredith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richardmeredith

Wait till black friday or even thanksgiving day and check out the sales. They will be unbelievable. Particularly watch Sears.

RogerB

quality posts: 4 Private Messages RogerB
richardmeredith wrote:Wait till black friday or even thanksgiving day and check out the sales. They will be unbelievable. Particularly watch Sears.

Will Sears have more on sale than what's in their black friday ad? I am thinking I want a 42inch Panasonic LCD. I understand that brand is pretty reliable and the speakers are really good. I don't have room for a much larger one. Right now, the one I have been looking at is $450 at both Sears and Target.

farley999

quality posts: 2 Private Messages farley999
Ezpcconcepts wrote:An observation I missed when I purchased the JVC tv last week. There is no Square Trade option available for these TVs. If there was there would be a link. I also confirmed by calling Square Trade, the only refurbished TVs they warranty are ones bought at EBay unless a link is provided like there has been in past refurbished TV Woots. Lastly I also confirmed this to be true with Woot Customer Service. This is the first TV Woot I have purchase and have had 0 returns on other itmes so I am thinking it will be OK with the 90 day. Its not like I am a bar or restaraunt that is going to be running the TVs 10 to 16 hours a day. All I wanted was a TV for my xBox and viewing when my wife is watching something I don't want to watch.. In short I placed my confidence in Woot to sell a worthy product as they have in many past Woots and believe I will love my new TV. You most likely will too and saving money will add a bonus to boot.

Goods points.. thanks for putting in the legwork on this question. Seems odd as they almost always previously linked up with square trade though.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

RE: SquareTrade Warranty

Unfortunately due to technical difficulties, we are not able to offer extended warranties on multiple item sales. We are working on a fix, but do not have an ETA as of this time.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cyberango

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cyberango

Why rush, what's the big deal, TigerDirect has the same LG 47lv4400 TV for the same price. Disappointed, thought WOOT would have better pricing.

[MOD: Note that shipping to me was $50.]

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

I have one of the later models of the LG (47LM6200) and the picture is one of the best I have ever seen.

For LG on sale on Woot the 3D Blu Ray player is a a nice addition but the lack of Wi-Fi and smart apps really detracts as LG ofers a lot of 3D content via Wi-Fi. (Disney)

This LG is a discontinued item, and quite franky I think is overpriced considering I bought a newer model with Wi-Fi, Apps and the Magic remote from Fry's for $150.00 more.

I could see where this is tempting, especially gamers who can use the 3D settings for 2 player games. (Need additional glasses)

All in all, a great TV. Unfortunatly it is over priced as I have found the best source of 3D content is streaming. The 3D BluRays are pricey.

If you do buy this you are getting a very nice TV with the 3D conversion that is pretty cool but IMHO, hold off. You can get better looking around, especially with all the sales that will be starting.

Sorry Woot, but for refurbs, these are a little bit pricey.

fightingpillow

quality posts: 5 Private Messages fightingpillow

I have the LG 42" LV4400. Which I am assuming is comparable to the 44" LV4400. I bought it about a year ago for $540.00. I am really pleased with this tv so far.
It is quite thin, being LED. Perfect for mounting on a wall. My couch is approximately 10 feet from the television and the internal speaker volume has been loud enough for my purposes. I've never cranked it higher than halfway.
My main use is with an XBOX 360 for games, sports via ESPN, and Netflix. The TruMotion is great; I haven't experienced any lag whatsoever.
Picture clarity is excellent. Backlighting is as even enough that I don't notice light bleeding at the edges.
And, most importantly, it still works. Haven't had a single issue with my LV4400.

iamis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages iamis

I got burned on a refurbished Vizio. It lasted slightly longer than the 90 day warranty. I wouldn't buy another unless I could get an extended warranty and when figured into the price it was still a good deal.

billthegunowner

quality posts: 13 Private Messages billthegunowner

I'm not up on the 3D sets, but the 2D set here is no bargain. About 6 months ago I bought a refurbished Visio 47" from Woot for $369.00. It's a great TV and has the built in Apps for Netflix, Rhapsody, Youtube, etc. HD flatscreens, I have 3 Visios, 1 Toshiba, 1 Magnovox, and 1 Sony. I like the Visios the best.

Bill

chadpyle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chadpyle

I've owned the 42" version of the 47lv4400 for a year and a half.

If picture quality if of high importance, you may want to avoid edge-lit panels, since there will inevitably be an irregularity of brightness - I found it to be quite apparent with my panel.

The sound is akin to laptop speakers.

I've since replaced my 42lv4400 with a full-array Samsung unit and relegated the LG to kitchen duty.

bran0410

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bran0410

I'm moving to Luxembourg in January. Does anyone know if these TVs are CE?

bigelowb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigelowb

Not interested. I would certainly not want to take a chance of getting a crappy Vizio TV rather than an LG.

bigelowb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bigelowb
iamis wrote:I got burned on a refurbished Vizio. It lasted slightly longer than the 90 day warranty. I wouldn't buy another unless I could get an extended warranty and when figured into the price it was still a good deal.

An extended warranty on a Vizio will do you no good at all. They just say it's unrepairable and offer you a small discount on another one of their crappy TVs. Do a bit of internet research - the information on their no-repair policies isn't hard to find.

onefastwienerdog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages onefastwienerdog

Man both must make a ton o junk, I see both brands selling as refurbs all the time.... Glad we got a Toshiba !!!

Random crap #1 11-28-09-Nice
Random crap #2 08-20-10-Sucked

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143
mdrcoast wrote:I have one of the later models of the LG (47LM6200) and the picture is one of the best I have ever seen.

For LG on sale on Woot the 3D Blu Ray player is a a nice addition but the lack of Wi-Fi and smart apps really detracts as LG ofers a lot of 3D content via Wi-Fi. (Disney)

This LG is a discontinued item, and quite franky I think is overpriced considering I bought a newer model with Wi-Fi, Apps and the Magic remote from Fry's for $150.00 more.

I could see where this is tempting, especially gamers who can use the 3D settings for 2 player games. (Need additional glasses)

All in all, a great TV. Unfortunatly it is over priced as I have found the best source of 3D content is streaming. The 3D BluRays are pricey.

If you do buy this you are getting a very nice TV with the 3D conversion that is pretty cool but IMHO, hold off. You can get better looking around, especially with all the sales that will be starting.

Sorry Woot, but for refurbs, these are a little bit pricey.

I have an LG 3D tv, can you tell me where to access 3d content via LG apps? Its a smart tv.

Also, I have a magic remote - what do I use it for?

swader

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swader

Amazon has announced they are price-matching all of the big-box stores for TV prices; 40in Toshiba for $179 shipped free, no sales tax, and that's only one example. Why buy a refurbished when you have so many opportunities to buy a new TV online in a few days for less.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
ashli143 wrote:Also, I have a magic remote - what do I use it for?

My first reply was "wizardry" but that's not remotely helpful. Anyone got a better answer?

I'm just hanging out, really.

erinnstreeter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages erinnstreeter
swader wrote:Amazon has announced they are price-matching all of the big-box stores for TV prices; 40in Toshiba for $179 shipped free, no sales tax, and that's only one example. Why buy a refurbished when you have so many opportunities to buy a new TV online in a few days for less.

Did you actually buy said tv? Can you link to Amazon's statement about price matching so we can know their rules, in specific, about the offer?

onefastwienerdog

quality posts: 6 Private Messages onefastwienerdog
swader wrote:Amazon has announced they are price-matching all of the big-box stores for TV prices; 40in Toshiba for $179 shipped free, no sales tax, and that's only one example. Why buy a refurbished when you have so many opportunities to buy a new TV online in a few days for less.

Got a link buddy ?

Random crap #1 11-28-09-Nice
Random crap #2 08-20-10-Sucked

cmwerner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cmwerner

Will the 3D LG set include the Bluray player and 4x glasses like when you purchase this set brand new?

shorty14d2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shorty14d2
onefastwienerdog wrote:Got a link buddy ?

He is not correct. From Amazon's TV price match policy:

"Time-limited sales events (such as Black Friday, "early bird" or "door buster" offers ), offers advertised as limited in time or quantity, clearance, liquidation and going-out-of business sales, and loyalty program offers are also ineligible for the Guarantee."

Found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200556860

erinnstreeter

quality posts: 6 Private Messages erinnstreeter

Thank you, shorty14d2.

xeugenekmx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xeugenekmx
cryan180 wrote:You might not 'need' 3D but if you play co-op split screen games it is kind of nice. With passive 3D like these you can either mod a pair of glasses or buy them and be able to see just your screen as full screen. (only works for co-op, doesnt work for more then 2) but still it is a reason I am getting a 3D tv!
here is a link if you are interested in how to do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_GlxVCtzJs

That's pretty sweet. didn't know you could do that!

doomtothee

quality posts: 48 Private Messages doomtothee

How fast do TV's normally take to ship? Just impatient and curious.

Woot won't let me have a cool signature

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
doomtothee wrote:How fast do TV's normally take to ship? Just impatient and curious.

We like to allow five business days for processing and shipping. Could get out the door faster, but it's a safe estimate!

I'm just hanging out, really.

jaidyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaidyn
doomtothee wrote:How fast do TV's normally take to ship? Just impatient and curious.

The tv I ordered on oct 28th didn't show up til november 9th

Also, they'll lie to you about why it's taking so long to ship. They told me it was because of hurricane sandy. Turns out, TV shipped from Texas: The state most devastated by sandy.

I'd also be a bit cautious about buying a TV from here. Quite a few people that ordered the same deal I did had their TV show up dead on arrival, or have something wrong with it in some way.

Read all about it in this discussion here: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5222135&pageindex=5&replycount=185

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

jaidyn wrote:The tv I ordered on oct 28th didn't show up til november 9th

Also, they'll lie to you about why it's taking so long to ship. They told me it was because of hurricane sandy. Turns out, TV shipped from Texas: The state most devastated by sandy.

I'd also be a bit cautious about buying a TV from here. Quite a few people that ordered the same deal I did had their TV show up dead on arrival, or have something wrong with it in some way.

Read all about it in this discussion here: http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5222135&pageindex=5&replycount=185

i'm gonna point out that a lot of the TVs had to be sent to our warehouse first and then we sent them to their final destinations.

i'm not gonna try to dispute/argue with anything else. but i would urge you to use your time better.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

dliidlii

Vizio 32" 1080p 3D LCD HDTV w/ 2 pairs of 3D Glasses for $300 + free shipping
TigerDirect offers the Vizio 32" 1080p 3D Widescreen LCD HD Television, model no. E3D320VX, with two pairs of 3D Glasses for $299.99 with free shipping. That's $38 under our September mention and $30 under the lowest total price we could find even for a refurbished unit (this one's new). It features a native resolution of 1920x1080 (1080p), WiFi, VIZIO Internet Apps with Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu Plus, and more, USB, and three HDMI inputs

tjay122

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjay122

Stay away TV is crap didnt work and best yet woot doesnt have a customer service where you could speak to someone sent 3 emails no reply !!! If getting hit with sandy was'nt enough i get a BUM TV that does'nt work and no one to answer for it !!!! Should have stayed away!!!