WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Looking back, do you regret how you voted?
  • 83.9% - No. I’m proud of what I decided on. 1929
  • 1.8% - No, but I wouldn’t do it the same way in hindsight. 42
  • 0.8% - Yes, I wish I’d voted my brain instead of my heart. 19
  • 1.7% - Yes, I wish I’d picked the winner (just because I like to win!) 38
  • 8.3% - I wish I’d actually voted! My bad! Next election for sure. 191
  • 3.5% - Some other more complex answer I’ll put in the comments. 81
2300 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

FrankTownend


quality posts: 0 Private Messages FrankTownend

I voted for the winner. I am 2 for 2 in the last 8 years.

devul


quality posts: 0 Private Messages devul

Was there an election this year?

CharlesP2009


quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

You made your choice slightly-more-than-half-of-voting America, now you have to live with the consequences!

bcfrdrummer


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bcfrdrummer

I voted Gary Johnson. My conscience is clear for the next 4 years.

vipermjb


quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb

I will never regret how I voted: no matter what the economy does, no matter what happens overseas, NO MATTER WHAT I believe Philip Wheeler was the right choice at Outside Linebacker for the AFC ProBowl.

ardubu


quality posts: 5 Private Messages ardubu

Another great choice between the two deadlock parties.
Zombies or Vampires.
Congress fiddles while Rome BURNS!

If you want, you pay...
But, if you need, you pay more!

curtisuxor


quality posts: 56 Private Messages curtisuxor

You're supposed to vote for the winners. If you get them all right, you get a prize: Medicare and Social Security.

thumperchick


quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick
bcfrdrummer wrote:I voted Gary Johnson. My conscience is clear for the next 4 years.



We are the 1%! (Not rich, just the 1% of people who voted for Gary Johnson) I'm just sad that so many people voted for the "lesser of 2 evils" instead of voting for the person they thought would do the best job, regardless of whether or not they were projected to win.

gunner9536


quality posts: 0 Private Messages gunner9536

I'm glad I abstained this time... I wouldn't want to be blamed for EITHER one of the candidates taking/keeping office. And besides, as long as the electoral college exists Presidential elections are just the country's largest Gallup poll, and my vote wouldn't have really counted anyway.

entouragevol


quality posts: 0 Private Messages entouragevol
bcfrdrummer wrote:I voted Gary Johnson. My conscience is clear for the next 4 years.



if people would do research, he would win in a landslide

balisane


quality posts: 16 Private Messages balisane

No vote (especially for the downticket/off-year elections), no whining.

Those mayors, senators, governors, congresscritters and presidents you hate don't spring full-formed from the brow of Zeus; they were borough presidents and local dogcatchers once. Want better choices at the top? The pool fills from the bottom.

YOU SUCH A JOLLY MR. SNOWMAN
DANCE

bigyoda20


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigyoda20

What I regret is not having a worthy candidate to vote for in the first place!

myfester


quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester
thumperchick wrote:We are the 1%! (Not rich, just the 1% of people who voted for Gary Johnson) I'm just sad that so many people voted for the "lesser of 2 evils" instead of voting for the person they thought would do the best job, regardless of whether or not they were projected to win.



I totally agree with you...however, I did the 'lesser of the 2 evil' vote. It really sucks that they pretend the other parties don't exist. I wanted to vote Gary Johnson...just knew it was going to be like I didn't vote. And I certainly did not want to see one of those 2 that dominated the race win.

kutiel


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kutiel
thumperchick wrote:We are the 1%! (Not rich, just the 1% of people who voted for Gary Johnson) I'm just sad that so many people voted for the "lesser of 2 evils" instead of voting for the person they thought would do the best job, regardless of whether or not they were projected to win.



A lot of people I talked to said "Why would you do that? The college wont vote for them even if everyone did!" So I guess that's why. ;(

Wiredog


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wiredog
myfester wrote:I totally agree with you...however, I did the 'lesser of the 2 evil' vote. It really sucks that they pretend the other parties don't exist. I wanted to vote Gary Johnson...just knew it was going to be like I didn't vote. And I certainly did not want to see one of those 2 that dominated the race win.



This is the reason I wish we would go to an Instant Run-off Vote. We can all vote our conscience and pick our #2, 3, 4, etc.

Wiredog


quality posts: 3 Private Messages Wiredog
Wiredog wrote:This is the reason I wish we would go to an Instant Run-off Vote. We can all vote our conscience and pick our #2, 3, 4, etc.



BTW: One of the "big two" candidates would have been my fourth choice; behind the candidate I voted for, another third party nominee, and writing myself in.

joshaw


quality posts: 24 Private Messages joshaw
myfester wrote:I totally agree with you...however, I did the 'lesser of the 2 evil' vote. It really sucks that they pretend the other parties don't exist. I wanted to vote Gary Johnson...just knew it was going to be like I didn't vote. And I certainly did not want to see one of those 2 that dominated the race win.



If you voted for someone you didn't want to win, you wasted your vote. I personally always have to vote for the winner so this year I wrote in "Patriot Act, NDAA supporting, war mongering Goon".

tlmoses


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tlmoses

Dream on about getting Social Security and Medicare. Obamacare took billions out to fund the new healthcare initiative. By the end of next year many employers will not offer healthcare because it is cheaper to get penalized than provide healthcare. I am not just talking small companies - fortune 500 companies too. So then the government gets to decide if you are entitled to the x-ray or procedure your government doctor says you need and will not be able to perform for several months out (if you are lucky) because everyone else has the same government doctors.

Good luck with that.

towmonkey


quality posts: 0 Private Messages towmonkey

Step two of CW-II. North vs South was I.

qkerby


quality posts: 0 Private Messages qkerby

I voted for Romney only because I live in a swing state. I voted for Ron Paul in the primary. Either way I didn't see Romney or Obama as candidates who were overly concerned about liberty.

Revolt4Fun


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Revolt4Fun

Gary Johnson here. Was hoping he would get the 5%, had I known he was only going to get 1% I would've just written in Ron Paul. Either way I don't regret it.

feciii


quality posts: 0 Private Messages feciii
CharlesP2009 wrote:You made your choice slightly-more-than-half-of-voting America, now you have to live with the consequences!



Actually, now YOU have to live with the consequences. We lived with slightly-more-than-half-of-voting-America's choice for eight years, and with a lot less complaining than I've heard in the last four years.

feciii


quality posts: 0 Private Messages feciii
tlmoses wrote:Dream on about getting Social Security and Medicare. Obamacare took billions out to fund the new healthcare initiative. By the end of next year many employers will not offer healthcare because it is cheaper to get penalized than provide healthcare. I am not just talking small companies - fortune 500 companies too. So then the government gets to decide if you are entitled to the x-ray or procedure your government doctor says you need and will not be able to perform for several months out (if you are lucky) because everyone else has the same government doctors.

Good luck with that.



So, we go from a system where some corporate entity focused on maximizing profit decides if we can have a procedure to someone in the government decides, like they already do for Medicare. I'm ok with that. Doctors will remain the same in either case and they won't be working for the government. It doesn't contribute to the conversation to make up threatening scenarios that will never happen.

bjoelrichardson


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjoelrichardson
entouragevol wrote:if people would do research, he would win in a landslide



I'm not sure about that. He would probably get most Conservative's vote, but the liberals seem to hate anything to do with small government, individual responsibility and capitalism.

allenandtonya


quality posts: 0 Private Messages allenandtonya

I voted for smaller/less intrusive government. I voted for freedom, not socialism. I voted for the constitution, not the communist manifesto......... I HATE that I, as well as my children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, will have to live with the consequences that stem from this decision made by 1/6 of the population.

ambergreen


quality posts: 11 Private Messages ambergreen
bcfrdrummer wrote:I voted Gary Johnson. My conscience is clear for the next 4 years.



USA! USA! USA!

snokyguy


quality posts: 0 Private Messages snokyguy
bcfrdrummer wrote: wrote:I voted Gary Johnson. My conscience is clear for the next 4 years.


ambergreen wrote:USA! USA! USA!


Amen. admittedly tough to do living in a swing state, but there really isn't ever going to be change when the election is between a giant dou-che and a turd sandwich.

feciii


quality posts: 0 Private Messages feciii
bjoelrichardson wrote:I'm not sure about that. He would probably get most Conservative's vote, but the liberals seem to hate anything to do with small government, individual responsibility and capitalism.



Conservatives don't want small government. They want a weak government so they can do whatever they want. We had that and this financial crisis is the result.

robertwooddellweaver


quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertwooddellweaver
kutiel wrote:A lot of people I talked to said "Why would you do that? The college wont vote for them even if everyone did!" So I guess that's why. ;(



And if you are not in a purple state, there are too many other people voting a specific color that your vote won't be significant.

We need to remove the electoral college mechanism. It made sense once, before communication networks, but a more [small d] democratic approach is called for today.

mrsly69


quality posts: 27 Private Messages mrsly69

It was the choice of the lesser of two evils. Americans say we want change, but as long the change comes form other people. Most voters feel their Senator or Representative isn't the problem. The easy answer is "YES" it is your Representative. From liberals to conservatives, they are ALL wishboneS! Maybe this will be the election where a strong middle of the road Moderate can come and LEAD. COMPROMISE has become a dirty word in America. But LIVE AND LET LIVE, America. Lower taxes, shrink government, stay out of personal lives and my bedroom, legalize marijuana, strong national defense, but cut back foreign aid until our infrastruture is fix, allow children of immigrants and many immigrants the opportunity to become citizens. I am conservative on the ecomony, but middle of the road to LIBERAL on social issues. Have your abortion, but I shouldn't have to pay for it with my taxes. Government should not regulate marriage, but issue civil unions to any couple who wishes to live as one. In other words. Churches marry couples, but government makes it official by making both parties get a civil union. You can get married in a church and they decide if it a marriage, but the government issues you a civil union when you will need it within 7 years after the divorce. Everyone is happy. A gay couple can get a civil union, but doesn't have to be recognized by a religion. It is the seperation of chuch and state. PERIOD.

By the way, I actually voted NONE OF THE ABOVE! yes, a wasted vote, but both canidates would have done the same job, LOUSY! Hopefully they will find a way to the middle and COMPROMISE for the good of the country.

nanaejt


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
feciii wrote:Conservatives don't want small government. They want a weak government so they can do whatever they want. We had that and this financial crisis is the result.



So very true.

nanaejt


quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
allenandtonya wrote:I voted for smaller/less intrusive government. I voted for freedom, not socialism. I voted for the constitution, not the communist manifesto......... I HATE that I, as well as my children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, will have to live with the consequences that stem from this decision made by 1/6 of the population.



Glenn? Glenn Beck? Glenn old boy are you on here to pick up a bargain or is this your talk outlet?

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

try not to get too divisive up in here, plz.
respect or whatever.


just a reminder.


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

joshaw


quality posts: 24 Private Messages joshaw
feciii wrote:Conservatives don't want small government. They want a weak government so they can do whatever they want. We had that and this financial crisis is the result.



We don't have conservatives or liberals at the high levels of government in the United States. We have only authoritarians who want to tell us how to behave in the bedroom or how to spend our money. As for the financial crisis, all parties are to blame. Here are some numbers to crunch for our Dear Leader, who was bought and paid for in the 2008 election.
And here are some numbers for the other guy for 2012. They sure know how to hedge their bets...

rickprins


quality posts: 0 Private Messages rickprins

I voted. And I'm not happy about it.


Poor choices...

Matt732


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Matt732
bcfrdrummer wrote:I voted Gary Johnson. My conscience is clear for the next 4 years.



And your wallet will be lighter. Less $$$ to Woot with.

Matt732


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Matt732
tlmoses wrote:Dream on about getting Social Security and Medicare. Obamacare took billions out to fund the new healthcare initiative. By the end of next year many employers will not offer healthcare because it is cheaper to get penalized than provide healthcare. I am not just talking small companies - fortune 500 companies too. So then the government gets to decide if you are entitled to the x-ray or procedure your government doctor says you need and will not be able to perform for several months out (if you are lucky) because everyone else has the same government doctors.

Good luck with that.



There won't be any doctors. They are already posting signs in their offices saying that they are not accepting new patients. All kinds of healthcare, but nowhere to go. Great plan, Obummer.

ddoz


quality posts: 0 Private Messages ddoz
feciii wrote:Actually, now YOU have to live with the consequences. We lived with slightly-more-than-half-of-voting-America's choice for eight years, and with a lot less complaining than I've heard in the last four years.



You obviously haven't been listening.

bloom2708


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bloom2708

You win. The country loses.

FrankTownend wrote:I voted for the winner. I am 2 for 2 in the last 8 years.



Wade Bloom