meandsecoya


quality posts: 18 Private Messages meandsecoya
tpsully1 wrote:Is that a boxer? very cute



Thanks! Yes, she is a boxer. :-)



PurplePawprints elsewhere

speedoo


quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo
craigthom wrote:If you are planning to upgrade to a 5D (or a 6D or a 1D) then don't buy any EF-S lenses. They won't fit.


This is the big problem with Canon DSLR's. They change lens systems every now and then, which makes owning their cameras and lenses a bit of a crap shoot, because you never know whether some new lens system is going to come along and screw you.

Pentax, on the other hand allows you to use all Pentax lenses made since the 1950's on even their newest DSLR's.

dliidlii


quality posts: 34 Private Messages dliidlii
Dwain77 wrote:Woot lists the condition next to the price, in this case NEW. I've never had anything that wasn't genuine from Woot. As always you can return an item to Woot if you're not satisfied.

As for black Friday, I don't know what deals are out there. Maybe you'll be able to find a better deal at a store, then go wait outside for 3 hours to try and buy one. Honestly you'll just have to look around at your local deals and make that decision.


"AS ALWAYS You can NOT return a non defective item simply because you're dissatisfied.
Read Woots return policy before giving out incorrect advice. Being unsatisfied with an item is considered buyers remorse and is not returnable under woot policy.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dliidlii wrote:"AS ALWAYS You can NOT return a non defective item simply because you're dissatisfied.
Read Woots return policy before giving out incorrect advice. Being unsatisfied with an item is considered buyers remorse and is not returnable under woot policy.



Thanks dliidlii,
Yeah, as per Woot FAQ:

How do I return a defective product?
Unless we specifically tell you not to, call the manufacturer of the product you bought. You will likely get a replacement of a new model or better item from them. If we still haven't dissuaded you, report your issue through our Support page. It'll go a lot easier if you have the order number, the name of the product you are returning, and a detailed explanation of the problem. We will respond with return authorization by the next business day. Because we aren't likely to have a replacement in stock, you should be prepared for a refund-only option if that's all we can do. Know that return freight will be at your expense. Again, you will probably get a better deal from the manufacturer, or whoever else handling member service for that product.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

craigthom


quality posts: 64 Private Messages craigthom
speedoo wrote:This is the big problem with Canon DSLR's. They change lens systems every now and then, which makes owning their cameras and lenses a bit of a crap shoot, because you never know whether some new lens system is going to come along and screw you.

Pentax, on the other hand allows you to use all Pentax lenses made since the 1950's on even their newest DSLR's.



I think you are overstating that a bit. First there were the FD lenses. Then a few decades ago they introduced the EF autofocus lenses, which work with all the cameras since then, including all current models.

They have added EF-S lenses for the small sensor cameras, that take advantage of the smaller sensor to allow the lenses to be smaller and cheaper. These work with all the digital SLRs Canon has made except the full-frame ones (1D, 5D, and the new 6D).

The EF-S lenses work with all the digital Rebels, all the x0D cameras, and the 7D.

The EF-S lenses have not replaced the EF ones. Those are still available, still being made, and still work with all Canon EOS cameras, digital and film.

cptnm73


quality posts: 0 Private Messages cptnm73

Looks like they shortchanged me on this, confirmed the order, then cancelled on me. Not sure what will come of it.

ROGETRAY


quality posts: 177 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

cptnm73 wrote:Looks like they shortchanged me on this, confirmed the order, then cancelled on me. Not sure what will come of it.



Have you written into Member Services? (at support@woot.com)

I'm sure they'll be more than glad to explain the situation regarding your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

dallasuser


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dallasuser

This was my most expensive woot buy to date. Just got the package and opened it this morning. But what do i find? Its used. Someones already opened up all the shrinkwrap, taken the warranty card out, rewrapped stuff. It was supposed to be new. I sent a note to the powers-that-woot. Its a real bummer.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 618 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dallasuser wrote:This was my most expensive woot buy to date. Just got the package and opened it this morning. But what do i find? Its used. Someones already opened up all the shrinkwrap, taken the warranty card out, rewrapped stuff. It was supposed to be new. I sent a note to the powers-that-woot. Its a real bummer.



It's likely that Canon opened the product to remove the warranty card for whatever reason. The item is still new but the info on the card was out of date.



FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

baboruger


quality posts: 0 Private Messages baboruger

Mine was 100% new in the box...did you ever hear from woot?

dallasuser wrote:This was my most expensive woot buy to date. Just got the package and opened it this morning. But what do i find? Its used. Someones already opened up all the shrinkwrap, taken the warranty card out, rewrapped stuff. It was supposed to be new. I sent a note to the powers-that-woot. Its a real bummer.