3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Choose-Your-Own AOC Monitor
$169.99 + $5 Standard OR $14 Two-Day OR $18 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

jeremy3721

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeremy3721

Zork

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

I love the endless option possibilities!

that was fun while it lasted!

sflorack

quality posts: 5 Private Messages sflorack

Thought this would be great for mounting above my treadmill and mirroring my iPhone's display, but alas:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/monitors-and-projectors/monitors/aoc-mystage-e2343fi-1101064/review

"Finally, the dock: the thing that presumably justifies charging twice what comparably-specced 1080p displays cost. Well, it charges your device, and you can play music from it through the speakers.
But if you think you can mirror your iOS device's display, or use it as an easy way to watch iPlayer on the big screen, you're in for an unpleasant surprise. Only apps that implement a specific video output method - such as the built-in Videos or Photos app - are supported, and that means no iPlayer, no 4oD, no Netflix and so on. Also, video is passed to the screen over an analogue connection, and it's low-res and smeary."

Ouch!

schadenfreund

quality posts: 0 Private Messages schadenfreund

I'm disappointed in Woot. 22" monitor available NEW from Best Buy for same price as Woot's refurb.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AOC+-+21.5%22+Widescreen+LED+HD+Monitor+-+Black/1970054.p?id=1218303649178&skuId=1970054&ky=2oh0NrwOl4j1qjMx3Oy2gXfVGhMUl0WiJ&ci_src=5784816&ci_sku=1970054&ref=25&loc=PGR

krychek67

quality posts: 2 Private Messages krychek67

I have been using a 23" AOC monitor for a couple of years ever since my old monitor went on the blink.

Using it right now...Love it.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

schadenfreund wrote:I'm disappointed in Woot. 22" monitor available NEW from Best Buy for same price as Woot's refurb.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AOC+-+21.5%22+Widescreen+LED+HD+Monitor+-+Black/1970054.p?id=1218303649178&skuId=1970054&ky=2oh0NrwOl4j1qjMx3Oy2gXfVGhMUl0WiJ&ci_src=5784816&ci_sku=1970054&ref=25&loc=PGR

Thanks for the spot schadenfreund!

The price for today's 22" AOC Monitor - E2243FWK-B (Refurbished) has been changed from $99.99 to $89.99.

If you already purchased this model earlier tonight, corrections to your order will be made. You may also feel free to email us at support@woot.com if you have any further questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

kurahee

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kurahee

Thank you for posting this. I almost pulled the trigger, and ran across your post. Sometimes products arent exactly what they appear (or what you want them) to be.

sflorack wrote:Thought this would be great for mounting above my treadmill and mirroring my iPhone's display, but alas:

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/monitors-and-projectors/monitors/aoc-mystage-e2343fi-1101064/review

"Finally, the dock: the thing that presumably justifies charging twice what comparably-specced 1080p displays cost. Well, it charges your device, and you can play music from it through the speakers.
But if you think you can mirror your iOS device's display, or use it as an easy way to watch iPlayer on the big screen, you're in for an unpleasant surprise. Only apps that implement a specific video output method - such as the built-in Videos or Photos app - are supported, and that means no iPlayer, no 4oD, no Netflix and so on. Also, video is passed to the screen over an analogue connection, and it's low-res and smeary."

Ouch!

jflora1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jflora1
krychek67 wrote:I have been using a 23" AOC monitor for a couple of years ever since my old monitor went on the blink.

Using it right now...Love it.

Me too! I've had one for 6 months now... sleek and gorgeous display.

jimandsyd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jimandsyd
kurahee wrote:Thank you for posting this. I almost pulled the trigger, and ran across your post. Sometimes products arent exactly what they appear (or what you want them) to be.

AOC has the worst warranty in the business. MicrCenter quit selling their crap because of this. I had a 55" TV fail after 4 months, they wanted me to crate it up and ship it to them on my dime for repair. AVOID this brand at all costs.

refriedbeans

quality posts: 0 Private Messages refriedbeans

iDon't want iPod festoonery on myStuff. iKnow iAm probably in the minority but iAm what iYam.

Yo

bungychicago721

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bungychicago721

Not all woot deals created equally the E2343fk normal price on tiger direct is $124 and this weekend is only $119

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7094925&Sku=A204-2306

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel
jimandsyd wrote:AOC has the worst warranty in the business. MicrCenter quit selling their crap because of this. I had a 55" TV fail after 4 months, they wanted me to crate it up and ship it to them on my dime for repair. AVOID this brand at all costs.

Bummer it failed but after 4 months alot of company's would make you ship it back on your dime. They didn't have a local authorized repair shop?

sublimeonskunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sublimeonskunk

Beat me to it. I miss the pre amazon Woot. And this is for a NEW monitor vs Refurb on here. Just bought mine on Tiger Direct.

bungychicago721 wrote:Not all woot deals created equally the E2343fk normal price on tiger direct is $124 and this weekend is only $119

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7094925&Sku=A204-2306

khobson86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages khobson86
sublimeonskunk wrote:Beat me to it. I miss the pre amazon Woot. And this is for a NEW monitor vs Refurb on here. Just bought mine on Tiger Direct.

kudos for all your investigations! I was entering payment confirmation before I decided to quickly check the thread... but.. do I keep holding out for an even better deal on a monitor during BF?!?!?!?

sucker4crap

quality posts: 20 Private Messages sucker4crap

AOC myStage e2343Fi review
Want to watch movies on a washed-out screen with awful audio? Okay!
By Christopher Phin from MacFormat Issue 253 October 4th
0 comments

The problem with the AOC mySTage e2343Fi monitor isn't so much the fact that the screen is poor, or that the speakers in the base are lacklustre. Neither is it that the finish and build quality feel cheap, that the price is high, or that the iPod/iPhone dock doesn't do what you hope. No, the problem is all of these at once.

The panel itself, at 1,920x1,080 pixels, might have impressed us five years ago, but it's not good enough today. No matter how we fiddled with colour profiles, the different modes on the screen, or the manual controls, we couldn't get rid of the blue bias.

Worse, despite boasting a meaningless 50,000,000:1 contrast ratio, everything was shockingly washed out.

There's enough space in the base to fit speakers that could make a decent stab at reproducing a song or a movie soundtrack with some semblance of accuracy and drama. Sadly, AOC hasn't taken the opportunity to fit those speakers; what we have instead are insipid.

The shiny black plastic of the frame doesn't match the premium finish of a Mac, and there's an alarming amount of wobble in the stand. The screen is at least slim.

Finally, the dock: the thing that presumably justifies charging twice what comparably-specced 1080p displays cost. Well, it charges your device, and you can play music from it through the speakers.

But if you think you can mirror your iOS device's display, or use it as an easy way to watch iPlayer on the big screen, you're in for an unpleasant surprise. Only apps that implement a specific video output method - such as the built-in Videos or Photos app - are supported, and that means no iPlayer, no 4oD, no Netflix and so on. Also, video is passed to the screen over an analogue connection, and it's low-res and smeary.

The idea of a combined Full HD screen, dock and speaker is really appealing. Just don't buy this one.

zindiq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zindiq

I also was tempted but even the more favorable reviews lead me to believe it's not worth it.

http://www.digitalversus.com/lcd-monitor/aoc-e2343fi-p13419/monitor-review-aoc-e2343fi-23-display-with-iphone-ipod-dock-n25665.html

"The built-in iPod/iPhone dock and good screen responsiveness could make the AOC e2343Fi an attractive choice for gamers and Apple device owners. But, unfortunately, colour fidelity isn't spot on and contrast is slightly below average, which could prove a turn-off for others."

stolat

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stolat
sublimeonskunk wrote:Beat me to it. I miss the pre amazon Woot. And this is for a NEW monitor vs Refurb on here. Just bought mine on Tiger Direct.

Hello ROGETRAY: The WOOTERS are getting restless. Make them happy by dropping the price by $15.00; I'll be happy too

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

stolat wrote:Hello ROGETRAY: The WOOTERS are getting restless. Make them happy by dropping the price by $15.00; I'll be happy too

I'm a modest moderator good sir. I DON'T HAVE THE POWER!!!! LOL

Da5id

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Da5id

28" 16:10 please!!!!

maybe ips

rpierpont

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rpierpont

I ordered two of these 22" refurb monitors and one was DOA. The whole process for dealing with this issue is quite cloudy. All I know is that I have a $90 cardboard box and want this issue QUICKLY resolved. The one that did work is nice, I just want my bad one replaced.

Please advise.

Rick

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
rpierpont wrote:I ordered two of these 22" refurb monitors and one was DOA. The whole process for dealing with this issue is quite cloudy. All I know is that I have a $90 cardboard box and want this issue QUICKLY resolved. The one that did work is nice, I just want my bad one replaced.

Please advise.

Rick

Hi there!
If you haven't already, you may try contacting the manufacturer. If there are any issues with that please don't hesitate to contact support@woot.com for more options.

I'm just hanging out, really.

rpierpont

inkycatz wrote:Hi there!
If you haven't already, you may try contacting the manufacturer. If there are any issues with that please don't hesitate to contact support@woot.com for more options.

Thanks for responding.

Actually I did contact them - further leading to my confusion and disappointment. They told me to either submit an RMA request and they would repair it, but I have to pay shipping back or contact Woot for a replacement. It sucks bad enough to end up with a DOA item, but now it is becoming complicated, costly, and a major pain. :-( I don't think I will feel safe buying items like this from Woot ever again if this turns out how I think it will.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

rpierpont wrote:Thanks for responding.

Actually I did contact them - further leading to my confusion and disappointment. They told me to either submit an RMA request and they would repair it, but I have to pay shipping back or contact Woot for a replacement. It sucks bad enough to end up with a DOA item, but now it is becoming complicated, costly, and a major pain. :-( I don't think I will feel safe buying items like this from Woot ever again if this turns out how I think it will.

Sorry for the problems. Go ahead and email support@woot.com so they can give you some options. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

rpierpont

ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems. Go ahead and email support@woot.com so they can give you some options. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

Thanks. I emailed Woot support this morning. Hopefully they will get back to me soon and we can put this issue behind us.

bartgrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bartgrl

LOVE IT! Purchased these for my husband and he set them right up! They work and look great! I LOVE WOOT!