jammer29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jammer29

Meh. Not sure what part of Amazon you look at, but it's the lens and body for $799. But they are going on a specific auction site for under $700 on a daily basis.

eraten wrote:$799 @ Amazon for the body only. This lens is pretty crappy but it's decent for a starter. Considering it.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
elfleadermike wrote:Its gonna be a slow woot-off this morning.

Ooo a camera, that's a fun thing to wake up to.

I'm just hanging out, really.

tonespliff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonespliff
taylor6400 wrote:The rubber was reacting with peoples skin from what i read. Turning white and flakey. Not sure about skin reactions...but yes this was the model. The ones being mfg currently were not involved in the recall...as i posted above i bought mine in Sept and it was new production not recalled. So, depends on how old these are i guess.

I bet canon shipped all the ones that were bad to woot to sell lol....i'd buy one of these, but that outbreak worries me, and the touch screen just makes the battery die faster...and i have big fingers lol

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian

I bet people who bought the T3 the other day are hating this. The T4i is the first real upgrade the Rebel series has seen in a while.

Definitely worth the extra $320.

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

bert55

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bert55

You can get same camera, with excellent printer on B&H for $763 after $500 gift card. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?ipp=50&ci=6222&N=4288586280+4291570227&srtclk=itemspp

dnila

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dnila

http://www.eastcoasttvs.com/Canon-EOS-Rebel-T4i-Digital-SLR-Camera-p/rebel-t4i-18-55.htm?Click=7751&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shoppingengine&gclid=CNPbz9Kp27MCFYqZ4AodIUcAUA

$655 free shipping

cheechwhiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheechwhiz

Been a while since I've been here. Do they still have the "Basket of Cranberries" on the WootOffs?

TheStarsFan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheStarsFan

Irony is ironic. I really, really want this camera. Like really bad so I can take pictures of my daughter's club volleyball season. Unfortunately, I don't have the funds because I just paid the dues for my daughter's club volleyball team.

chrismdusa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrismdusa
TheStarsFan wrote:Irony is ironic. I really, really want this camera. Like really bad so I can take pictures of my daughter's club volleyball season. However, I don't have the funds because I just paid the dues for my daughter's club volleyball team.

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. My daughter...gymnastics.

Hmmm, It's already almost sold out. Only 3% left...that's faster than I thought.

casanoverj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages casanoverj

I found it on ibuysonline for $654, and 7-10 day free shipping.

here

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian
TheStarsFan wrote:Irony is ironic. I really, really want this camera. Like really bad so I can take pictures of my daughter's club volleyball season. Unfortunately, I don't have the funds because I just paid the dues for my daughter's club volleyball team.

This camera wouldn't be that great for that anyways. The lens provided wouldn't do well in a Gym setting.

If you're looking for affordable though Amazon has some good prices on Panasonic today. http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_366619302_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000853131&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=right-blog-0&pf_rd_r=14XC8X545XZECNT273K0&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1420737482&pf_rd_i=384082011

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

tljohns3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tljohns3
eraten wrote:$799 @ Amazon for the body only. This lens is pretty crappy but it's decent for a starter. Considering it.

It's at the upper end of entry-level prosumer segment, but this T4i is pretty solid for a plastic body DSLR. It takes crisp, well colored pics, but I would recommend upgrading to the newest Canon IS STM lens. I bought it with the better lens, 2 weeks ago, and it hasn't let me down.

StickyC

quality posts: 2 Private Messages StickyC
bert55 wrote:You can get same camera, with excellent printer on B&H for $763 after $500 gift card. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?ipp=50&ci=6222&N=4288586280+4291570227&srtclk=itemspp

So I did some digging on this - It looks like you get a $400 rebate if you buy the camera AND a Pixma Pro9000 Mark II printer from B&H.

The catch is - The Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II is marked as discontinued and B&H doesn't sell them anymore. (FWIW - Amazon carries them for $370 - So really, you'd just be saving $30 anyway).

Am I wrong on that?

bvaddi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bvaddi

so this turned out to be my first purchase from woot. 24 hrs later, it still says "awaiting shipment"

how soon does stuff ship around here?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
bvaddi wrote:so this turned out to be my first purchase from woot. 24 hrs later, it still says "awaiting shipment"

how soon does stuff ship around here?

You'll want to give us up to five business days for processing/shipping.

I'm just hanging out, really.

MrSparkleQ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrSparkleQ
StickyC wrote:So I did some digging on this - It looks like you get a $400 rebate if you buy the camera AND a Pixma Pro9000 Mark II printer from B&H.

The catch is - The Pixma Pro 9000 Mark II is marked as discontinued and B&H doesn't sell them anymore. (FWIW - Amazon carries them for $370 - So really, you'd just be saving $30 anyway).

Am I wrong on that?

Partially...You have to buy the camera and the printer from the same site that is rebate eligible from Canon. Also, you cannot buy from a 3rd party on Amazon and be eligible. Adorama and BuyDig currently have the deal (Amazon does not sell the printer itself, only through 3rd parties).

zizzybaloobah

quality posts: 4 Private Messages zizzybaloobah

For those wondering about when they were going to ship, FedEx showed up with mine today (they called yesterday to make sure I'd be home).

Funny thing is I got my shipment notification from Woot either late yesterday or very early today as well (the phone call from FedEx preceded the shipment notification).

Whatevs. I LOVE MY NEW CAMERA!

bjbridges

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjbridges

I still have not received any information or shipment notifications for the camera that I bought on November 19. I have contacted support twice with nothing but an automated email to show for it. Any suggestions from anyone on this?

bjbridges

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bjbridges

I still have not received any information or shipment notifications for the camera that I bought on November 19. I have contacted support twice with nothing but an automated email to show for it. Any suggestions from anyone on this?