WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Breitling Men's Watches

Astronauts. James Bond. David Beckham. You'll never be like them. But at least you can wear their watches. A Breitling watch is the most powerful thing you can wear on your wrist this side of an enriched-uranium bracelet.
Breitling official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Shiny watches for your special person. (That might be you.)

Let us know what you think!

I'm just hanging out, really.

SerialBeggar

quality posts: 5 Private Messages SerialBeggar

Wow. Pretty pricey. Are these the most expensive merchandise ever sold on Woot!?

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

Should I have heard of these guys? At >$4K a watch, they must have some sort of reputation, but I just haven't heard of them.

Anyone else heard of them? Any watch history experts out there?

Honestly though, if I am going to spend 4-5K on a watch, I'll probably just go find a proper Tag Heuer.

EDIT: Ok, so apparently I should have heard of them. But to be honest I am not a fan of some of the things these are associated with. Bentlys don't win me over, Beckham has never interested me. The woot page mentions Bond, but I am pretty sure Bond is not most associated with this brand. Rolex and Omega are the Bond watch brands, and I recall a great cameo by Seiko. Apparently he did wear a Breitling.... in one movie, but you will have a hard time convincing me Bond is a Breitling man.

ssratracer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ssratracer

Whoa! Now these are true Swiss watches!
For those not in the know, this brand is well known for their Swiss built quality. I would put them below Rolex, but above Tag Heuer, in the status ladder of the watch world, IMO.

ghost650

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ghost650
countdown wrote:Should I have heard of these guys? At >$4K a watch, they must have some sort of reputation, but I just haven't heard of them.

Honestly though, if I am going to spend 4-5K on a watch, I'll probably just go find a proper Tag Heuer.

Breitling? I have definitely heard of them. And I am by no means a watch expert.

For starters, they make the clocks that go in Bentleys. (I am assuming you've heard of them) Brietling also makes watches co-branded with Bentley to match. I used to see ads for them with John Travolta. Looks like David Beckham is their new spokesperson.

links:

http://www.caranddriver.com/photos-10q2/356716/2011-bentley-continental-supersports-convertible-breitling-clock-and-vents-photo-356955

http://www.breitlingforbentley.com/en/

http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonydemarco/2012/11/14/bend-it-like-breitling-david-beckham-is-the-new-face-of-the-watch-brand/

activ8xp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages activ8xp

Ever since Amazon took over WOOT! the prices of products have gone up.
I think they are missing the target BIG time.

People come her for Big ol' Cornucopia and cheap stuff... FAIL

walmartman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages walmartman
ssratracer wrote:Whoa! Now these are true Swiss watches!
For those not in the know, this brand is well known for their Swiss built quality. I would put them below Rolex, but above Tag Heuer, in the status ladder of the watch world, IMO.

^ ditto
I wouldn't call them watches though. These are timepieces.

mjkane1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mjkane1
countdown wrote:Should I have heard of these guys? At >$4K a watch, they must have some sort of reputation, but I just haven't heard of them.

Never heard of Breitiling? Wow...

Far better than Tag, case/bracelet/finish is above Rolex IMHO, but Rolex has nicer in-house produced movements..These are some great deals.

(My .02 From a watch freak that has about 30+ watches, which has included Rolexes, Breitlings, Tags, etc.)

...Did I just buy that?

mwhiteman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mwhiteman

If ever there was a final straw that broke the camel's back, it would be an $4k watch. Good job Woot!, you're now a mainstream big box retailer. Shoveling out the same tired old products, mixed in with over-priced bling for the 1%. You might as well re-brand your site since no one is crying Woot! in exclamation over getting a good deal.

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge

If you've got four grand to drop on a piece of man-jewelry, why are you shopping on woot?

saleenpowr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saleenpowr
mjkane1 wrote:Never heard of Breitiling? Wow...

Far better than Tag, case/bracelet/finish is above Rolex IMHO, but Rolex has nicer in-house produced movements..These are some great deals.

(My .02 From a watch freak that has about 30+ watches, which has included Rolexes, Breitlings, Tags, etc.)

Agree. Breitling is a major luxury watch maker up there with Rolex and Omega. Tag junk doesn't even come close to Breitling.

Out of the three, the blue Chrono B01 is the best deal. It has Breitling's new in-house B01 movement.

kentuckygirl

quality posts: 9 Private Messages kentuckygirl

If there had been an Omega Speedmaster, I'd be in. But since they're Breitling and not Omega, we're taking a pass. But we'd LOOOOOOOOVE to see a price like this on other watches. :D

spafrica2003

quality posts: 6 Private Messages spafrica2003

I have heard of these watches and I have worn one (briefly). They are amazing! But seriously, unless you're a Fortune 500 CEO, you don't need this sort of bling. And if you are paying $4-$8k on a watch, you're probably not shopping woot.

saiedp

quality posts: 2 Private Messages saiedp

In for...3?

Face76

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Face76
spafrica2003 wrote:I have heard of these watches and I have worn one (briefly). They are amazing! But seriously, unless you're a Fortune 500 CEO, you don't need this sort of bling. And if you are paying $4-$8k on a watch, you're probably not shopping woot.

Considering one sold out already, it appears you're wrong.

liljj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liljj
Face76 wrote:Considering one sold out already, it appears you're wrong.

These are by far one of the best watches on the market. Great deal. May buy 2 and sell 1!!

greenro

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greenro

Contrary to some opinions, I am happy to see that woot! is offering a wider range of products. $4k may be a lot to spend on a watch, but this is a great deal for a timepiece!

ghostofdavid

quality posts: 11 Private Messages ghostofdavid

If only... Sadly, this is more than what I've ever spent on a car. I hope to one day live the Bentley lifestyle!

Suck it, Trebek.

KyserSoze

quality posts: 18 Private Messages KyserSoze

Too rich for me. $4000 watches are ripe for counterfeiting. I bought a fake Rolex a few years back for $200. I went into the Rolex store and it was impossible to tell the difference. Mine still keeps the time, looks good and if I'm ever mugged, it's no big deal.

gwpriester

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gwpriester

Aside from a ridiculously high price tag, these watches probably don't do anything that a good Citizen or Seiko watch can't do. And my Citizen Ecco-Drive never needs batteries and never needs winding.

Unless you equate status with price, these seems an outrageous price for a device that tells time.

chrisiturrioz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisiturrioz

how did these just sell out lol

painkiller1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages painkiller1

Wow what a bunch of whiners....if people want to spend there hard earned money on beautiful watches what do you care. Jealous people who have nothing else to worry about..... go protest in the parks ... that worked well... by the way maybe people have extra money because they do shop woot...

hoferty

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hoferty

In for 5. Great Deal.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
KyserSoze wrote:Too rich for me. $4000 watches are ripe for counterfeiting.

Just to ease everyone's mind, we've been informed that they've been checked out by a Board Certified Graduate Gemologist.

I'm just hanging out, really.

deadeye37

quality posts: 3 Private Messages deadeye37

I'm shocked that these items are $4000+. I'm even more shocked that 2 of the watches are sold out.

Way out of my price range, but for those watches, that is a great deal!

omnitravis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages omnitravis

Damn, congrats to the buyers.

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
KyserSoze wrote:I bought a fake Rolex a few years back for $200...if I'm ever mugged, it's no big deal.

Getting mugged for a fake Rolex?
That would ruin my day.

StanleyS

inkycatz wrote:Just to ease everyone's mind, we've been informed that they've been checked out by a Board Certified Graduate Gemologist.

Kind of implying that the watches were all gray market. Well, if Costco can do that, I guess Amazon/Woot can. At least they aren't refurbs.

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

What was wrong with these watches that they could be sold for a 50% discount? If I am going to pay that much for a watch (or timepiece) I would question the thousands of dollars discount. Either the watch was overpriced to begin with and didn't sell or there is something slighlty off with these. Either way, it's a stay away sign to me.

The old "If it's too good to be true..." comes to mind.

StanleyS

wisenekt wrote:What was wrong with these watches that they could be sold for a 50% discount?

Holy Invicta, Batman!

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby

...just in case anyone else wondered what a Graduate Gemologist was, this helped me figure it out.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

StanleyS

Gatzby wrote:...just in case anyone else wondered what a Graduate Gemologist was, this helped me figure it out.

Not to be cynical, but "GIA offers several programs and courses online through an interactive eLearning format."
So, Woot sent someone a *photo* of these watches and had them "certified" as authentic?

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt
StanleyS wrote:Not to be cynical, but "GIA offers several programs and courses online through an interactive eLearning format."
So, Woot sent someone a *photo* of these watches and had them "certified" as authentic?

I once got an autograph certification that turned out to be from the same person that was selling the product to me. The certification was about one step above, "This is real, I promise."

michaelvella

quality posts: 13 Private Messages michaelvella
spafrica2003 wrote:I have heard of these watches and I have worn one (briefly). They are amazing! But seriously, unless you're a Fortune 500 CEO, you don't need this sort of bling. And if you are paying $4-$8k on a watch, you're probably not shopping woot.

You would be wrong. Quite.

michaelvella

quality posts: 13 Private Messages michaelvella
wisenekt wrote:What was wrong with these watches that they could be sold for a 50% discount? If I am going to pay that much for a watch (or timepiece) I would question the thousands of dollars discount. Either the watch was overpriced to begin with and didn't sell or there is something slighlty off with these. Either way, it's a stay away sign to me.

The old "If it's too good to be true..." comes to mind.

This is actually quite close to the "street price" that one would pay for one. No one pays full retail for a watch, generally, certainly not a Breitling.
I wouldn't buy one unless the dealer gave me 40% off.

thedevin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages thedevin

Whoa! Two of these are already sold out! I had no idea there were so many classy wooters out there. You'd never know it from the message boards...

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
StanleyS wrote:Not to be cynical, but "GIA offers several programs and courses online through an interactive eLearning format."

How are you interpreting that from what you've quoted?

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

takethemeatbridge

quality posts: 10 Private Messages takethemeatbridge
takethemeatbridge wrote:If you've got four grand to drop on a piece of man-jewelry, why are you shopping on woot?

Wow, shows what I know. All three sold out, but it looks like one of them unsold out (sold un-out?). I guess they found more in the stock room, or somebody's wife saw his purchase and insisted he cancel the order.

angelsgirl2002

quality posts: 3 Private Messages angelsgirl2002

Men: A well-fitted suit paired with a nice watch...is for women what lingerie does for you all.

Just thought I'd pass that helpful tip along