WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Teeter Inversion: uoısɹǝʌuı ɹǝʇǝǝʇ

Moderation in all things, especially being vertical. Inversion knows that sometimes it's better to see the world in a different way. That's why they have so many things to help you dangle upside down. ¡ʞooן ɐ ǝʞɐʇ

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Tell us about the Teeter!

I'm just hanging out, really.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I was hoping for a teeter-totter so we could try to break the record:

------------------
I Bet on Sky

dghoppe41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dghoppe41

Why don't they list the weight limits of these machines? As a larger than normal guy, this is important information.

mtn3pitt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mtn3pitt
dghoppe41 wrote:Why don't they list the weight limits of these machines? As a larger than normal guy, this is important information.

Check under specs of each item. 250lbs is what I've seen on the few I've looked at.

- mtn3pitt -

stonechiper

quality posts: 3 Private Messages stonechiper
dghoppe41 wrote:Why don't they list the weight limits of these machines? As a larger than normal guy, this is important information.

I bought the boots for my husband for Christmas last year, they stated a weight limit of "appox" 250 lbs, the tables were closer to the "appox" 300lb mark. Generally it is not recommended that anyone under 80 lbs or over 300 use an inversion table (this is the info I found on various spinal/back pain sites when researching for the gift)

caluth

quality posts: 8 Private Messages caluth

I love both my table and boots! I upgraded to the table a couple years back due to an injury that made it imposable to get myself up on the bar. However I kept the bar up and use it for a chin up bar. All around well made and really help!

thehappyaspie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thehappyaspie

Just to be safe, folks should check the inversion therapy contraindications as some conditions (and some you wouldn't think of!) make this risky, while others aren't on the list.

I was surprised to find out that Pink Eye= no inversion for you.

Of course, YMMV and you should do your own research, ask your doc, etc....

But here's a link from the Teeter Peeps themselves:
http://www.teeter-inversion.com/inversion-contraindications.asp

I'm a freaking mess yet none of my issues show up on the list which is kind of a novelty. Woohoo!

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

thehappyaspie wrote:Just to be safe, folks should check the inversion therapy contraindications as some conditions (and some you wouldn't think of!) make this risky, while others aren't on the list.

I was surprised to find out that Pink Eye= no inversion for you.

Of course, YMMV and you should do your own research, ask your doc, etc....

But here's a link from the Teeter Peeps themselves:
http://www.teeter-inversion.com/inversion-contraindications.asp

I'm a freaking mess yet none of my issues show up on the list which is kind of a novelty. Woohoo!

from one freaking mess to another, i'm glad you didn't make the list. :D

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 45 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Cool, I think that spinal stretcher will make a nice "rack" (Medieval limb stretcher) for my portable dungeon.

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati

Well, I just had a visit to the chiro today. I have some pretty nasty neck issues (<-- dominant problem leading to migraines) that have been ongoing and some mid-back pain. I hadn't thought of an inversion table, but I'm beginning to read reviews on some of these products and wondering if it might not be a worthwhile investment. I would love to do more to help myself feel better and even at $300, it's a fraction of the cost of adjustments, massages, Dr visits, and so on... If anybody has more advice, I'd love to hear more about these products. I have seen inversion tables on Woot a bunch of times but never looked into them, so I have no idea what the difference is, but I do believe that I'd rather go with a table than that bar setup.

jaf323

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaf323

I don't understand why everyone gets so hung up on these things.

thehappyaspie

PemberDucky wrote:from one freaking mess to another, i'm glad you didn't make the list. :D

Thanks! Right back at you! :-)

thehappyaspie

DaZoneRanger wrote:Cool, I think that spinal stretcher will make a nice "rack" (Medieval limb stretcher) for my portable dungeon.

"Beautiful isn't it? It took me half a lifetime to invent it. I'm sure you've discovered my deep and abiding interest in pain. Presently I'm writing the definitive work on the subject, so I want you to be totally honest with me on how the machine makes you feel. This being our first try, I'll use the lowest setting. "

Like that scene, but therapeutic for the person on this rack instead of the person operating it... Inconceivable!

jackmcdowell

quality posts: 18 Private Messages jackmcdowell

So if I get the boots and the Ez-Up bar, I can hang upside-down like the batman... interesting...

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester
Sati wrote:Well, I just had a visit to the chiro today. I have some pretty nasty neck issues (<-- dominant problem leading to migraines) that have been ongoing and some mid-back pain. I hadn't thought of an inversion table, but I'm beginning to read reviews on some of these products and wondering if it might not be a worthwhile investment. I would love to do more to help myself feel better and even at $300, it's a fraction of the cost of adjustments, massages, Dr visits, and so on... If anybody has more advice, I'd love to hear more about these products. I have seen inversion tables on Woot a bunch of times but never looked into them, so I have no idea what the difference is, but I do believe that I'd rather go with a table than that bar setup.

I have an inversion table (not this brand, but a cheaper one) and I've used it to bypass chiro appts on numerous occasions. It's paid for itself many times over. It's neat to feel your spine stretching too. :O)

beaglebrains

quality posts: 4 Private Messages beaglebrains

Totally wish I could use one of these inversion things to stretch out my back. Eye surgery makes me a permanent no-go, unfortunately. Nice prices too....rats.

Chicago71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Chicago71

I have one of the Teeter tables. I have bulging discs in my lower back (L4-L5-S1) and love this. I started out using it every day, but now I use it 2-3 times a week. It's actually pretty helpful. The idea, if you haven't gleaned, is to remove pressure on the discs, lessening pressure on the nerves and hopefully pull moisture into the disc via the suction created by gravity pulling the vertebrae apart. It also lengthens out the muscles providing a good stretch. I think it comes down to personal preference. I paid $300 for mine and don't go to a chiropractor. That saves me money, so it was a shrewd investment. I want the gravity boots, but Woot should be really, really ashamed at putting a MSRP of $169 on those to make it look like a great deal. That's BS. On the Teeter site itself, they sell them for $99. That's just underhanded, Woot. I love your site and I love Amazon, but at least be honest. Where in the hell are gourds paying $169? Again, check teeter's site. Yes, it's a deal at $30 off and I'll probably get them, but you don't need to inflate that unnecessarily. We're not stupid. If you have any further questions about this stuff, happy to help.

"Qui Bono? Who benefits?"
"Qui gives a $#!#"

Chicago71

I'm sorry, but this is just wrong. The prices here are out of whack. Go to Teeter's site, people, to see the comparative prices. Where is woot sourcing this?
https://www.teetertvaccessories.com/?page=Accessories

"Qui gives a $#!#"

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Chicago71 wrote:I'm sorry, but this is just wrong. The prices here are out of whack. Go to Teeter's site, people, to see the comparative prices. Where is woot sourcing this?

Can you be more specific? We're lower than the prices I saw on the page you linked and the Teeter site:

http://www.teeter-inversion.com

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Chicago71

Apparently Teeter is offering the same product with BS MSRPs. Yours is cheaper, definitely. My point, poorly stated as it was, is that the MSRP on this site:
is nowhere near the MSRP you're listing. So Teeter is offering the same product on two sites at different prices. If you get the gravity boots on the site I'm linking you to, the regular price is $99. On their site, it's a "sale" price of $109, down from the MSRP of $169. I'm assuming the gravity boots are Teeter's. If Teeter is the "manufacturer", how can they say MSRP = $169 and sell it at $99 on their own site? Apparently, $99 is the MSRP, not $169. So, the savings on your site isn't 69%. It's closer to 30%. At least that's my logic.

"Qui gives a $#!#"

nidrah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nidrah

EP-500?
On the Teeter site this model does not exist! The EP-550 does and looks exactly like the 500 pictured here but has a pillow. OK so screw the pillow.
I got one, inversion does work and it seems these are a lot safer than the old styles from the mid 80's.
We'll see what happens. If it kills me I won't be able to update this!

dngrcnnn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dngrcnnn

Eh, why not. I'll give the EP-500 and boots a try.

maryjayne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maryjayne

Re: weight limits, can check that and many other specs here:
http://www.teeter-inversion.com/files/ComparisonGrid.pdf
Still not an exact match with the models listed here, but can check the similar models. Seriously, would be nice if these specs were actually listed.

aclonedsheep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aclonedsheep
dngrcnnn wrote:Eh, why not. I'll give the EP-500 and boots a try.

What made you get the boots with it?

dngrcnnn

aclonedsheep wrote:What made you get the boots with it?

Most of the reviews I read make it seem like if you're using it for a lot of inverted core work then the stock "foot clamps" get uncomfortable. And I'll primarily be using it to hopefully help drop 3-4% body fat before the spring rugby season. So lots of inverted core work.

thehappyaspie

Chicago71 wrote:Apparently Teeter is offering the same product with BS MSRPs. Yours is cheaper, definitely. My point, poorly stated as it was, is that the MSRP on this site:
is nowhere near the MSRP you're listing. So Teeter is offering the same product on two sites at different prices. If you get the gravity boots on the site I'm linking you to, the regular price is $99. On their site, it's a "sale" price of $109, down from the MSRP of $169. I'm assuming the gravity boots are Teeter's. If Teeter is the "manufacturer", how can they say MSRP = $169 and sell it at $99 on their own site? Apparently, $99 is the MSRP, not $169. So, the savings on your site isn't 69%. It's closer to 30%. At least that's my logic.

I'm not seeing it...
Woot isn't selling just the boots, they are selling what Teeter calls an "Adapter Kit" that is made of boots and a conversion bar. It has an MSRP of $169 and they are on special for $109 on Teeter's site and can be seen here: http://www.teeter-inversion.com/Store/P-B11032/Adapter+Kit+(cv+Bar+%2b+Gravity+Boots)

As far as calculating the savings, most companies go for the MSRP as it's what is readily available and a higher percentage makes many consumers more interested. If they had to track down the price that every retailer is selling it for, then someone would pop up and say, "Hey! I found this on ebay for less so your percentages are inaccurate!" and to keep after that stuff they'd probably have to hire more people and raise prices (or not reduce them as much). It's a very common practice to show discount percentage as a function of MSRP and I don't think I've ever seen any retail outlet promote a discounted price by advertising a smaller percentage. Most people find an item advertised with a higher percentage discount to be an easier decision.

I hope this makes sense. I'm elbow deep in brine. I put goggles on the turkey but he still won't go all the way into the bucket.

aclonedsheep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aclonedsheep
dngrcnnn wrote:Most of the reviews I read make it seem like if you're using it for a lot of inverted core work then the stock "foot clamps" get uncomfortable. And I'll primarily be using it to hopefully help drop 3-4% body fat before the spring rugby season. So lots of inverted core work.

Thanks, good point. I am interested in doing core work too, so I may end up getting the boots. Can't stack shipping anymore since it is a new day so I'll probably try it without the boots first. Is the accessory bar necessary? It doesn't seem to be sold without it but I can't tell.

Chicago71

thehappyaspie wrote:I'm not seeing it...
Woot isn't selling just the boots, they are selling what Teeter calls an "Adapter Kit" ... It has an MSRP of $169 and they are on special for $109 on Teeter's site and can be seen here: http://www.teeter-inversion.com/Store/P-B11032/Adapter+Kit+(cv+Bar+%2b+Gravity+Boots)

As far as calculating the savings, most companies go for the MSRP...

I'm posting this link for the third time. Maybe it's not working.
https://www.teetertvaccessories.com/?page=Accessories#
The boots and conversion bar at this link are $99. They're made by Teeter. Teeter is selling the same boots and conversion bar as woot. If Teeter is selling this item at $109 and $99 respectively (depending on which teeter site you're on), that's the MSRP. I understand it's a marketing gimmick, I just think it's shady. If I do a google shopping search for "teeter conversion kit, the highest price I see is $124 and that's on ecrater, which is not Teeter. Who's setting the MSRP? Some factory in Taiwan? I would assume Teeter. So if Teeter sells their own items at $99 and the highest reseller I find is $124, how can anyone claim the MSRP is $169. It's asinine. Woot can claim a 69% deal and it looks good, but it's just shoddy marketing gimmicks with the shoulder shrugging response, "that's what the manufacturer says". That's fine if Woot just acts as a robot with no ability to reason. I can accept that. As a consumer, it's my job to do the research and I did and I'm calling Woot out on being a robot passing on ridiculous info. But hey, it's about making money, so there you go.
All that being said, that's still a good deal on the conversion kit at 30% off. I'm just saying it's not 69%. But, I understand that Woot just wants to be able to say "69% savings!" even if it isn't accurate.
I swear to god, I feel like Larry David in an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where he belabors a point, no matter how inane, no matter how much of an wishbone he looks like, just to prove he's right. Except, most times he's not. Christ, I'm Larry David.

Edit: "Wishbone"? You replaced "id!ot" with "wishbone"? That's awesome. Let's see how the filter works with these:
fingerdiddle, fermunda cheese, doodie pants, fart nugget.

Edit 2: That's what I thought, wootfilter.woot! The English language will not be constrained! I will take that as a win today!

PS, thank you Thunder Thighs.

"Qui gives a $#!#"

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 620 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Chicago71 wrote:Apparently Teeter is offering the same product with BS MSRPs. Yours is cheaper, definitely. My point, poorly stated as it was, is that the MSRP on this site:

Here it is with the $169 price. http://www.teeter-inversion.com/Store/P-B11032/Ez-up+Gravity+Boots+W%2f+Conversion+Bar

That's their official site that we would use for any pricing info. List Prices are pretty much worthless but it's standard practice in the retail world to quote them. We know Wooters are smarter than that.

Hope this helps.

To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Chicago71

ThunderThighs wrote:Here it is with the $169 price. http://www.teeter-inversion.com/Store/P-B11032/Ez-up+Gravity+Boots+W%2f+Conversion+Bar

That's their official site that we would use for any pricing info. List Prices are pretty much worthless but it's standard practice in the retail world to quote them. We know Wooters are smarter than that.

Hope this helps.

I totally get it. I'm just being a prat. Thanks!

"Qui gives a $#!#"

dngrcnnn

aclonedsheep wrote:Thanks, good point. I am interested in doing core work too, so I may end up getting the boots. Can't stack shipping anymore since it is a new day so I'll probably try it without the boots first. Is the accessory bar necessary? It doesn't seem to be sold without it but I can't tell.

Yea, you can buy the boots without the conversion bar various places, but just looking at the inversion table, it won't work with the boots if you don't have the accessory bar. The boots alone are likely for use with that doorframe kit. The inversion table doesn't come stock with anything for the boots to hook on to, so you'll need the bar too.

k0ugs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages k0ugs

The video for the Teeter Hang Ups B1-1032 EZ-Up Gravity Boots w/ Conversion Bar comments that they "are for select tweeter inversion tables." i'm unable to find which tables are, or more importantly, are not compatible on either woot, or the official inversion site.

(>.<)\m/

teeterhangups

quality posts: 15 Private Messages teeterhangups

Sorry about the lack of information - not sure why the user weight ratings didn't get posted. Here you go!

FitSpine: 300 lbs
EP-500: 300 lbs
InvertAlign: 300 lbs
Fit-60: 250 lbs
DEX: 300 lbs
EZ-Up Inversion Rack: 250 lbs

teeterhangups

maryjayne wrote:Re: weight limits, can check that and many other specs here:
http://www.teeter-inversion.com/files/ComparisonGrid.pdf
Still not an exact match with the models listed here, but can check the similar models. Seriously, would be nice if these specs were actually listed.

FitSpine: 300 lbs
EP-500: 300 lbs
InvertAlign: 300 lbs
Fit-60: 250 lbs
DEX: 300 lbs
EZ-Up Inversion Rack: 250 lbs

teeterhangups

k0ugs wrote:The video for the Teeter Hang Ups B1-1032 EZ-Up Gravity Boots w/ Conversion Bar comments that they "are for select tweeter inversion tables." i'm unable to find which tables are, or more importantly, are not compatible on either woot, or the official inversion site.

The EZ-Up Gravity Boots w/ Conversion Bar can be used with any Teeter that features a pin-lock ankle system. For the products listed here:

EP-500: YES (Pin Lock)
Fit-60: YES (Pin Lock)
FitSpine: NO (EZ-Reach)
InvertAlign: NO (EZ-Reach)

irishhurler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irishhurler

I bought this one specifically because it allows weights up to 300 pounds. I'm very happy with it. I use it on an as needed basis. If my back is bothering me, I hop on and it relieves the pressure on your discs.

iamthe1toknow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iamthe1toknow
Chicago71 wrote:I have one of the Teeter tables. I have bulging discs in my lower back (L4-L5-S1) and love this. I started out using it every day, but now I use it 2-3 times a week. It's actually pretty helpful. The idea, if you haven't gleaned, is to remove pressure on the discs, lessening pressure on the nerves and hopefully pull moisture into the disc via the suction created by gravity pulling the vertebrae apart. It also lengthens out the muscles providing a good stretch. I think it comes down to personal preference. I paid $300 for mine and don't go to a chiropractor. That saves me money, so it was a shrewd investment. I want the gravity boots, but Woot should be really, really ashamed at putting a MSRP of $169 on those to make it look like a great deal. That's BS. On the Teeter site itself, they sell them for $99. That's just underhanded, Woot. I love your site and I love Amazon, but at least be honest. Where in the hell are gourds paying $169? Again, check teeter's site. Yes, it's a deal at $30 off and I'll probably get them, but you don't need to inflate that unnecessarily. We're not stupid. If you have any further questions about this stuff, happy to help.

The Teeter site does not include the bar with the boots.

dtmmachine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dtmmachine

They work! Or not. Depends on the person and the problem.

Three years ago my back was messed up, L-5 area out-of-whack, no comfort to be found. Chiropractor was getting it slowly better and I asked about inversion. She said it wouldn't hurt to try for the problem I was having, so I ordered up an (IIRC) EP-500. I wasn't feeling much overall relief from that, either, but it would seem to be a little better for a short while after using.

Got on one day and sort of forced myself to relax. 'Forced relaxation' is an oxymoron if I ever heard one, but there you go. Anyway, made myself relax as much as possible and within a minute or two I felt a really big POP! One of those you don't hear with the ears but instead with your body. Scared the bejeebers out of me but it didn't feel like I damaged anything.

Three days later, the pain was all-but-gone.

Fast-forward two years and I screwed it up badly, again, but worse this time. Much worse - herniated disk. Chiro, doctor, MRI, injection, etc. I told both the chiro and doctor about using the table last time and they agreed that they can help but specifically recommended NOT to use it for a while. Sure enough, my back was bad enough that I couldn't even lean backward onto the table without crazy pain.

We eventually got to the point where my chiro recommended that I use the table just before coming to see her, in order to help loosen things up for her adjustments. It didn't give me the miracle cure like last time but the relief was helpful to the repair process.

Overall, I'll give my layman's recommendation for a table for back problems but only AFTER talking with your back doc.

crostifer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crostifer

Shipping was horribly delayed, but with the Holidays and weather thats OK. The only one problem that I got with this is that there were missing parts and it was pretty badly used previously as shown by the wear and tear of the product and some of the hardware. Its far from the Refurbished or a teeter calls them "Blemished" units. Cant even use it because I dont want to use any other hardware that isnt made by teeter because if I use it and kill myself then its my fault.