0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Motorola Gaming Headset for PC
$2.99 + $5 Standard OR $8 Two-Day OR $11 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

davenippon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davenippon

I am not sure how a mono-aural headset would work for gaming.... maybe I am missing out on something... Eight bucks for a headset is pretty sweet though.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo

Bought this last woot-off... was busy when it arrived... forgot all about it. lol

Never tried it out.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo
davenippon wrote:How can you have a "gaming" headset with only one earpiece?

If you're not using it for the game sound?

jahlers

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jahlers

I bought this last woot off. It was faulty and never was recognized by any device. I received a refund.

cazybeast2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cazybeast2

I would never use this for any kind of gaming application..

t7money7

quality posts: 1 Private Messages t7money7

Will this work for an Xbox 360?

cbyrnside

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cbyrnside

My sons go through a lot of headseats, so for $3 each, I can't go wrong. I already paid shipping on something else today, so this is a great deal.

backburn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages backburn
cappo wrote:If you're not using it for the game sound?

2x Headset. Solder.Duct Tape. Win!

AxelClifford

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AxelClifford

Not a true Gaming headset, since it's only one earpiece, but works great for soft-phones and audio/video conferencing (Skype, Google+ Hangouts, etc.).

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

Get it now for your Halloween costume of a NFL coach for next year.

redvolvodavid

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redvolvodavid

I got one last time. All I gotta say is it was very awkward when I said something about my boss on a GoToMeeting and the mute switch didn't work right. I'm not even joking. Happened just last Friday. If you're just using it on your PC or turkey with stuffing and gravy (which it does work on a turkey with stuffing and gravy) for meetings or gaming, and you don't need mute, then it's perfect.

If you want to trash talk, look elsewhere. I still feel awkward, thanks to this crappy headset.

yourfqndaddy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yourfqndaddy
backburn wrote:2x Headset. Solder.Duct Tape. Win!

If Woot would only think ahead and sell this package, this deal would've sold out in no time. More time for Bags of Crap!

I smell like an air freshener.

mamoth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mamoth

This might be the worst woot off I've ever seen. A romba would top it off.

jaellehanako

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jaellehanako

You are supposed to be able to plug this headset directly into your Xbox 360 controller. It has to be loads better than the Xbox one.

davenippon

quality posts: 2 Private Messages davenippon
cappo wrote:If you're not using it for the game sound?

Good point. If you only need it for the mic it may be an excellent choice. I actually had a nice gaming headset a while back that I stepped on and broke and earpiece off. I ended up using that same headset down around my neck with the mic up by my mouth, and a separate set of headphones (no mic) on my ears.... looked funny but it worked.

gutowskj

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gutowskj

DO NOT BUY. I got this a while ago on WOOT! and have never used it. Unless you have the smallest head (read: child-sized), this thing will pinch your cranium. Hurts too much to wear for more that a couple minutes at a time.

caderoux

quality posts: 2 Private Messages caderoux

Have six of these I got for family Sean Payton Halloween/Mardi Gras costumes. Tried one out at work - worth $3. Actually kind of neat to have one ear free for the real phone. But otherwise, no, I wouldn't recommend this as anything more than a prop - has issues being reliably switched to in Windows and the mic volume stopped working well - have to keep it real low or you get a squeal.

Whatever, I'm definitely getting my money's worth when Mardi Gras comes around.

yourfqndaddy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yourfqndaddy
gutowskj wrote:DO NOT BUY. I got this a while ago on WOOT! and have never used it. Unless you have the smallest head (read: child-sized), this thing will pinch your cranium. Hurts too much to wear for more that a couple minutes at a time.

You're supposed to take off the broken headphones first. Too many headphones = pinched cranium.

I smell like an air freshener.

redvolvodavid

quality posts: 3 Private Messages redvolvodavid
gutowskj wrote:DO NOT BUY. I got this a while ago on WOOT! and have never used it. Unless you have the smallest head (read: child-sized), this thing will pinch your cranium. Hurts too much to wear for more that a couple minutes at a time.

I have a ginormous head (hats of any size do not fit), and I'll agree that it's snug, however, I can still wear it relatively comfortably for an hour or more (and do). I'll listen to my Howard Stern in one ear while I'm at work...

deargos2000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deargos2000

Does anyone know if the jack connected to the headset is a male or female 2.5mm connection?

"Do, or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

deargos2000

jaellehanako wrote:You are supposed to be able to plug this headset directly into your Xbox 360 controller. It has to be loads better than the Xbox one.

doesn't work that way, it ends with a USB jack, so no love for the 360 controller
*le sigh*

-Yoda

Ubie

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Ubie

Would this be appropriate on a PC for Rosetta Stone?

hedonism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hedonism
deargos2000 wrote:doesn't work that way, it ends with a USB jack, so no love for the 360 controller
*le sigh*

It has a 2.5mm connector so it should be compatible.

deargos2000

hedonism wrote:It has a 2.5mm connector so it should be compatible.

from what i understood, you would need an extender from the headset to the controller. I think it has one of those break-away cables near the base of the headset in case it snags on something and you don't damage the device.

-Yoda

illusion71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illusion71

Just got mine and hooked it up. Distorted audio on a Macbook or Windows 7 box... the worst woot I have ever made. Get what you pay for I guess.

crue586

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crue586
illusion71 wrote:Just got mine and hooked it up. Distorted audio on a Macbook or Windows 7 box... the worst woot I have ever made. Get what you pay for I guess.

Same here.. tons of static on the headset. Makes it unbearable for anyone trying to listen to me.

illusion71

quality posts: 0 Private Messages illusion71
crue586 wrote:Same here.. tons of static on the headset. Makes it unbearable for anyone trying to listen to me.

Tried xbox and its no better. It's merely a costume piece.