WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: Slap bracelets …
  • 12.9% - I have no idea what you’re talking about. 548
  • 34.6% - Have no business in this decade. Get back, vile things! 1465
  • 20.6% - Are responsible for the unfortunate death of AT LEAST 0 or 1 kid. 872
  • 31% - Yesssssssssssssss 1314
  • 0.9% - Other (comments, please) 38
4237 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

nancypults

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nancypults

Best use of an old metal blind EVER.

Cironnu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cironnu

Is it OK to slap someone who is wearing a slap bracelet? Or am I supposed to be the one wearing it, sort of as a warning? "Danger! This person is ready to slap you at a moments notice! Restrain your natural stupidity!"

shawndadowning

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shawndadowning

I bought a slap bracelet from an elementary school fundraiser my neighbors kid had... i used it to slap the crap out of my husband. Pissed me off, damn thing had to keep being straightened out when I needed to slap him again.

metagg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages metagg

My wife bought a bunch of them cheap either from a dollar store or from the Oriental Trading Company. I kid you not, hold those suckers up to the light and you can see that the metal inside are of recycled tape measures. Very clever of them to find a use for otherwise wasted material.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo

I had at least one of those when I was a kid.

And now I'm dead.

Wait... how am I typing this?

Sati

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Sati

I love reflective slap wraps for winter safety. So easy to put on arms and legs of different circumferences, including around a dog leash, bike, etc.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

My personal favorite application of slap technology: Slap Koozy!

Fact: Slap technology was discovered in an alien spaceship wreck at Area 51. Not many people know this.

Not the famous wreck with all the really good stuff, this one just had toys and such. Pet rocks. You know, we sold the first million units of pet rocks before we discovered they had actually been alive at one point.

cappo

Sati wrote:I love reflective slap wraps for winter safety. So easy to put on arms and legs of different circumferences, including around a dog leash, bike, etc.

Until you get carried away and the police get a call for a strangely reflective mummy walking down the street.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain
cappo wrote:Until you get carried away and the police get a call for a strangely reflective mummy walking down the street.

Zombie, not mummy... what is this, 1950?

Also, she may not look like much, but you have to respect her for her... wait for it... BRAAAIINNNSSS!

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

Just another fad like mood rings. It will have it's time and then it will be gone. Wait! Where is my Ovaltine secret decoder ring??

cappo

PocketBrain wrote:Zombie, not mummy... what is this, 1950?

Also, she may not look like much, but you have to respect her for her... wait for it... BRAAAIINNNSSS!

A mummified zombie?

A Mumbie!

cappo

charliecarroll wrote:Just another fad like mood rings. It will have it's time and then it will be gone. Wait! Where is my Ovaltine secret decoder ring??

They already did, in the 80s. I guess they're a retro fad now.

adamwlewis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages adamwlewis

This poll reminded me of some custom USB drives that I found when buying promotional products for my company. I was tempted... but then I remembered it was 2012.

http://www.usbmemorydirect.com/products/slap_wrist_usb_flash_drive.htm

RSInstaller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RSInstaller

Reminds me of the time I cut apart the mini blinds in my childhood bedroom because I thought that the metal slats would work the same as the slap bracelets that everyone at school was wearing. I was wrong... and my parents were less than thrilled.

ariellem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ariellem

Our local food store sells 12" rulers in funky patterns that are also slap bracelets.

tons o' screaming monkeys (yay!)
almost no Box of Cobwebs in the past few years (boo :-< )

rehta

quality posts: 6 Private Messages rehta

Late 80's, early 90's...yes, I remember. I had a lovely collection. And was so sad when they were no longer cool. Although I think they might have been banned from school because kids were being disruptive with them. I can't remember now. I think I wore mine, but kept them hidden under my long sleeves in the fall. I wonder if I still have some packed away somewhere....hmmm...

-Heather (First Burgandy Olfactory Center 12/6/11)

HunyBunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HunyBunny

Slap bracelets are still around?

quantamm

quality posts: 85 Private Messages quantamm

Back in the early 90's they got banned at my school after a kid supposedly cut himself using one that the protective fabric had frayed off of.

hippie1981

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hippie1981

I remember having several when I was in 5th grade, so that would have been the early 90's. The local gas station sold them. Then the school banned them. Stupid school ruining our fun.

Recently I saw a slap watch at Burlington Coat Factory in the cheap crap they put near the register. I bought it for my daughter and of course she loved it.

larfus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larfus

I sell them on ebay from time to time. People still buy them.

the88thcrazy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages the88thcrazy

Slap bracelets? No. However, they do make slap-beer cozies now. They're pretty awesome actually.

tapoutnc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tapoutnc
metagg wrote: I kid you not, hold those suckers up to the light and you can see that the metal inside are of recycled tape measures.

That is awesome...

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2
HunyBunny wrote:Slap bracelets are still around?

They are still around many things apparently.

that was fun while it lasted!

Jessara

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Jessara

If you're a preteen and it's a promo item for Breaking Dawn, it's good. Bad. Whatever.

dtairtime

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dtairtime

Seriously - Where's the Football? is a slap bracelet?