WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Cardio Equipment: Work Off That Turkey

We'd be the very last people to tell you not to enjoy some holiday yummies. The very last. But the second the holidays end, the swimsuit season push begins. So get a machine. That way, you can gently ease back into health, instead of panicking around June 5th the way you did last year.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Tell us about your cardio routine, and your questions about this equipment!

I'm just hanging out, really.

Polishemt

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Polishemt

Ohhhhh! What nice coat racks we have here.

ariellem

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ariellem
Polishemt wrote:Ohhhhh! What nice coat racks we have here.

LOL :-> Isn't that always the debate? "Will I really use THIS one or will it end up as another coat rack?"

tons o' screaming monkeys (yay!)
almost no Box of Cobwebs in the past few years (boo :-< )

dparsons9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dparsons9
Polishemt wrote:Ohhhhh! What nice coat racks we have here.

Simple solution: stop buying coats

sibach4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sibach4

Is the shipping 5 dollars? How long does it take to ship?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
sibach4 wrote:Is the shipping 5 dollars? How long does it take to ship?

We like to request you give us five business days for processing/shipping of your order. (It is often faster.)

I'm just hanging out, really.

pamtha

quality posts: 12 Private Messages pamtha

Wish Woot would offer a deal on a bike trainer that I can put my bike on when the weather is lousy. However these deals look tempting!!!

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama

Wouldn't advise getting on the inversion table whilst still full of turkey.

That could be messy.

Xusachi

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Xusachi
pamtha wrote:Wish Woot would offer a deal on a bike trainer that I can put my bike on when the weather is lousy. However these deals look tempting!!!

I completely agree.. I have thought of engineering my own, but since I'm not a mechanical engineer, I'd probably forget something essential like how to keep the bike from jetting off in the event the back tire actually touches the floor... :-/

pjb926

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pjb926
Xusachi wrote:I completely agree.. I have thought of engineering my own, but since I'm not a mechanical engineer, I'd probably forget something essential like how to keep the bike from jetting off in the event the back tire actually touches the floor... :-/

There are lots of those available, and they are pretty cheap!

Just search for "bike trainer" online. I use them all winter every year.

Fizyx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fizyx

I've been considering getting a stationary bike, but I would very much like to use one while using the computer. With that in mind, would it be possible to convert any of these so that they could be used relatively easily while at a desk/table? It may be possible to adjust the height of the desk/table as needed, but I'm also worried about having the handlebars getting in the way...
Anyways, that's my question!

chocolatesushi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chocolatesushi
Fizyx wrote:I've been considering getting a stationary bike, but I would very much like to use one while using the computer. With that in mind, would it be possible to convert any of these so that they could be used relatively easily while at a desk/table? It may be possible to adjust the height of the desk/table as needed, but I'm also worried about having the handlebars getting in the way...
Anyways, that's my question!

I know people somehow mount it where the little screen is. I'd imagine a nice bungee cord.

kd1357

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kd1357

Not sure if anyone will see this, as this sale is almost over. But do you think it would be worth it to get the SquareTrade Warranty for the stationary bike? How likely is it to actually break in the first 3 years if it doesn't break in the first 90 days? And are they difficult to fix, as in if I know a little about mechanics and can get the parts myself, I should be fine in repairing whatever issue arises?

fgarriel

quality posts: 21 Private Messages fgarriel
kd1357 wrote:How likely is it to actually brake in the first 3 years if it doesn't brake in the first 90 days?

It's a stationary bike. You don't need to brake.

kd1357

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kd1357
fgarriel wrote:It's a stationary bike. You don't need to brake.

haha wow... That was a complete brain fart on my end. Obviously I need to go back to 2nd grade and learn the difference between break and brake.