WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Environment Control: Master The Elements

Hey, the world's imperfect. The same wobble that gives us life also gives us seasons. And those seasons make us uncomfortable from time to time. That's why we need fans and heaters and ice cubes and fresh lemonade. Only we can't ship ice cubes and fresh lemonade. So all this stuff will have to do.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Reviews entirely welcome, even though this side sale has got me suddenly humming Mr. Snow Miser/Mr. Heat Miser now...

Anyway, yes, reviews would be great!

I'm just hanging out, really.

wolfwood316

quality posts: 8 Private Messages wolfwood316

The Vornado fan is $45 at the mothership, so definitely a good price. What I really need, though, is another 630B model. Still, in for 1.

factotum

quality posts: 10 Private Messages factotum

Who wrote these Vornado features?

"Despite it's small size . . . "
"It's compact size . . . "

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

factotum wrote:Who wrote these Vornado features?

"Despite it's small size . . . "
"It's compact size . . . "

People working very fast. It's fixed now. Thanks for pointing it out.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

naniiyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages naniiyer

The Soleus Air-conditioner is cheaper in Amazon than Woot!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
naniiyer wrote:The Soleus Air-conditioner is cheaper in Amazon than Woot!

Please feel free to provide us a link of what you're seeing!

I'm just hanging out, really.

jcscar1983

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jcscar1983
inkycatz wrote:Please feel free to provide us a link of what you're seeing!

When he said it was cheaper, he meant near the same price after shipping. http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B002VUCA5A/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Personally I would rather buy from woot.com.

laart

quality posts: 1 Private Messages laart

The Living Pure heater seems like a good item for these cold winter nights, but the product marketing just feels like a scam. It's endorsed by Montell Williams, and the company that markets these units is the "As Seen on TV" company.
It's the same heater as the EdenPure and the Amish Heater, and there are plenty of articles online debunking these heaters' effectiveness. Here's what I found so far:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/seen-tv-inc-living-pure-123000901.html - "Season One Initial 4-in-1 Version Deemed a Success; 5-in-1 Version 2.0 Expected to Debut September 2012"
http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/column/mary-turck/amish-heater -
http://mapawatt.com/2009/11/24/edenpure-heaters-yet-another-expensive-space-heater/ - "From the Consumer Reports review of the EdenPURE heater:
The unit was the second-lowest-scoring space heater we tested, earning only a 24 out on our 100-point scale. "
As with all items that are more about marketing than substance - BUYER BEWARE!

vipermjb

quality posts: 40 Private Messages vipermjb

That Vornado fan is currently cooling my bedroom as we speak. I use it for my whitenoise maker as well. I give it my 5 star approval rating.

madaradio

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madaradio

I always said that the next vornado fan I see on woot, I'm in. Still kicking myself for only buying one of the model 615's that were listed a few years ago.

amazing fans! These smaller models will be perfect for getting all that hot air out of the bedrooms when it cools down at night in the summer!

akivaj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages akivaj

I wonder how often you have to replace the air filter on the Germ Guardian AC5250BPT Digital UVC & True HEPA Air Purifier?

-Super Crochety.

yessahh

quality posts: 2 Private Messages yessahh
akivaj wrote:I wonder how often you have to replace the air filter on the Germ Guardian AC5250BPT Digital UVC & True HEPA Air Purifier?

Looks like 6-8 months according to Amazon.

Amazon Link

boomn4x4

quality posts: 13 Private Messages boomn4x4

I guess its tough to move a lot of product when your "fan" is priced at $50. Unless of course you call it a, "Whole room air circulator"

When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a bucket of wings and a six pack of beer!

xdavex

quality posts: 15 Private Messages xdavex
boomn4x4 wrote:I guess its tough to move a lot of product when your "fan" is priced at $50. Unless of course you call it a, "Whole room air circulator"

If you've never been blown by a Vornado, you just haven't been blown.

inrsoul247

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inrsoul247

[quote postid="5250225" user="yessahh"]Looks like 6-8 months according to Amazon.
I was Doing research on these types of purifiers a few months ago and I noticed that the hepa filter last years, but the charcoal filter last months.

inrsoul247

quality posts: 0 Private Messages inrsoul247
akivaj wrote:I wonder how often you have to replace the air filter on the Germ Guardian AC5250BPT Digital UVC & True HEPA Air Purifier?

I was Doing research on these types of purifiers a few months ago I noticed that the hepa filter last years, but the charcoal filter last months.