ktrublond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ktrublond

My dad loves this site...i would love to be able to get him a gift certificate. is that even possible?

lichme

quality posts: 2599 Private Messages lichme
ktrublond wrote:My dad loves this site...i would love to be able to get him a gift certificate. is that even possible?

I've questioned this before. Unfortunately there is currently no way to buy any kind of gift card or certificate for woot. I'd love to see that in the future though.

richellelander

quality posts: 18 Private Messages richellelander
ktrublond wrote:My dad loves this site...i would love to be able to get him a gift certificate. is that even possible?

I too have heard that they do not offer any gift certificates. Your best bet is to get one of those visa gift cards that he can use on the site.

A bargain is something you can't use at a price you can't resist. ~~Franklin P. Jones

shrdlu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shrdlu
richellelander wrote:I too have heard that they do not offer any gift certificates. Your best bet is to get one of those visa gift cards that he can use on the site.

To save future sadness, Visa gift cards do not work on Woot sites. They require your address information to be tied to the credit card, and gift cards do not contain that information.

It takes months to find a customer, but only seconds to lose one.
The good news is that we should run out of them in no time.

http://demotivators.despair.com/demotivational/disservicedemotivator.jpg

questionsanswered

quality posts: 1 Private Messages questionsanswered

Does he have a Paypal account? Maybe you could send money to his account, and hint that Woot would be a great place to shop!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

It's a great idea! I'm sure someone somewhere in the company may have seem this..and contemplated it before...

citizenzaqx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages citizenzaqx
ROGETRAY wrote:It's a great idea! I'm sure someone somewhere in the company may have seem this..and contemplated it before...

Just found this thread googling for woot gift certificates. I'm a big fan of woot shirts and since they've recently reopened their entire catalog there are a lot of shirts I'd like but they are all rather expensive. I'd love to be able to ask for a woot gift certificate for christmas.

thumperchick

quality posts: 228 Private Messages thumperchick

Since you can login with your Amazon account, why not work Amazon to accept/find a way to work with/copy their gift card system?

OR, you could use these. They're of no real value, but you could print them and attach a $20... for now.