0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Pioneer 7.1CH 3D Ready A/V Receiver
$249.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

lichme

quality posts: 2867 Private Messages lichme

mbren28568

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbren28568

I just bought this receiver off amazon about 2 months ago for the $350 range. WELL worth the price: fantastic receiver, great feature set (not the least of which is the "auto setup" feature - it uses a microphone to auto adjust your speakers and subwoofer levels). Easy to setup as a result...and a bloody TON of hdmi inputs as well.

Airplay is great too, and it also has the connector cable so you can hardwire in if needbe - in addition, pioneer makes an app where friends can send their music to your receiver as well, as long as you purchase the optional bluetooth dongle.

Signature was getting too long
Bungled Original Communicator - 6/3/2013

designlucas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages designlucas

Just for the sole purpose of giving Woot a quality post. I have this receiver. It is good! Your living-room will have sound like a movie theater. This price is also good. You will need to buy speakers and a sub-woofer. Keep your eyes on the Woot-off as I'm sure those will be available shortly. Enjoy this receiver, assuming you buy it.

brunoc17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brunoc17

Same price on Newegg

Bruno Carvalho

designlucas

What did you say about my bluetooth dongle? Them's fighting words!

mbren28568 wrote:I just bought this receiver off amazon about 2 months ago for the $350 range. WELL worth the price: fantastic receiver, great feature set (not the least of which is the "auto setup" feature - it uses a microphone to auto adjust your speakers and subwoofer levels). Easy to setup as a result...and a bloody TON of hdmi inputs as well.

Airplay is great too, and it also has the connector cable so you can hardwire in if needbe - in addition, pioneer makes an app where friends can send their music to your receiver as well, as long as you purchase the optional bluetooth dongle.

sandman69

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sandman69

Does anyone know if this has a phonogragh input? I don't see one listed or on the picture of the connectors.

BArREASS

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BArREASS

Does anyone have thoughts on surround vs. stereo? I've heard that no one really makes movies specifically for surround, and that re-mixing into surround costs a lot of time and money so most directors don't bother. Thoughts?

mollusc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mollusc

The specs say that this does video conversion to 1080p. Does that mean only from HDMI sources, or will it upconvert from composite too?

designlucas

It does not, bu you can get phono adapters which will boost your record player to an AUX level, very inexpensively.

sandman69 wrote:Does anyone know if this has a phonogragh input? I don't see one listed or on the picture of the connectors.

mollusc

sandman69 wrote:Does anyone know if this has a phonogragh input? I don't see one listed or on the picture of the connectors.

It has analog audio inputs, but you will need a separate phono stage to do RIAA correction and bring the signal up to the proper level. Unless your turntable has that built in.

wjones23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wjones23

Does not have zone 2 output! If not for this missing feature I would have gotten one off of Amazon or Newegg at the same price a while ago. To get zone 2 output, the 1122 would be the one.

designlucas

Not sure where you heard that but you are misinformed. Most all Hollywood productions are produced and 7.1, and almost all DVD's and Bluray's you find are mixed in. 7.1 or 5.1 surround.

BArREASS wrote:Does anyone have thoughts on surround vs. stereo? I've heard that no one really makes movies specifically for surround, and that re-mixing into surround costs a lot of time and money so most directors don't bother. Thoughts?

SteveO1128

quality posts: 1 Private Messages SteveO1128
mollusc wrote:The specs say that this does video conversion to 1080p. Does that mean only from HDMI sources, or will it upconvert from composite too?

I'm guessing it upconverts everything - it looks like it only has the 1 HDMI out, so it probably pushes everything through there. I'd assume if it does, it upconverts everything to. All guessing... but that's what I would think...

mollusc

BArREASS wrote:Does anyone have thoughts on surround vs. stereo? I've heard that no one really makes movies specifically for surround, and that re-mixing into surround costs a lot of time and money so most directors don't bother. Thoughts?

Most of the films that would benefit from a surround mix that I have encountered -- as long as they were released within the past ten years or so -- have had a reasonable surround mix if it was part of the original budget. A surround re-mix is pretty easy to detect if you listen carefully.
Pretty much all games for current-generation consoles seem to be in full surround mixes as well, not just stereo.

roym1wit

quality posts: 1 Private Messages roym1wit

Crutchfield says no. Will need a phono preamp. I dont know how to link, or what phono input is, but i googled this model and happened to see that on specs at Crutchfield Site.

mollusc

SteveO1128 wrote:I'm guessing it upconverts everything - it looks like it only has the 1 HDMI out, so it probably pushes everything through there. I'd assume if it does, it upconverts everything to. All guessing... but that's what I would think...

Specs say it also has a composite monitor output, but my thoughts are similar to yours.

sandman69

mollusc wrote:It has analog audio inputs, but you will need a separate phono stage to do RIAA correction and bring the signal up to the proper level. Unless your turntable has that built in.

Rats. Thanks.

syntaxterror

quality posts: 1 Private Messages syntaxterror

Is this tuned to the delicate hearing of women? Someone might want to use this with the previous headphones =D

spudprint

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spudprint

I have one. It's a remarkably good unit for the money. I find it compares favorably with much more expensive units (also have Denon 3808CI for direct comparison). I recommend this receiver.

peterwu

quality posts: 2 Private Messages peterwu

This is how its gonna end huh?

sandman69

roym1wit wrote:Crutchfield says no. Will need a phono preamp. I dont know how to link, or what phono input is, but i googled this model and happened to see that on specs at Crutchfield Site.

Thanks.

hak426

quality posts: 12 Private Messages hak426
mollusc wrote:The specs say that this does video conversion to 1080p. Does that mean only from HDMI sources, or will it upconvert from composite too?

According to the blonde lady in the blue blouse, it will upconvert ALL sources to 1080p. She DID seem to know a lot about this thing. ;-)

ashermaximum

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ashermaximum

Same price as amazon, and only 3 stars there.
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-VSX-1022-K-7-Channel-Receiver-Network/dp/B007O5ATC8

Woot-offs have become a joke.
It's turned into "lets get suckers to buy all the crap we can't sell cuase it sucks."

knightru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knightru

Here is my dilemma. I have a Denon AVR-987 and it needed to be fixed. I fixed it (cost $150) and now it is cutting out after 20 minutes. Do I fix the Denon again or just buy this one and say goodbye to the Denon.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

daharv16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daharv16

Re: The specs say that this does video conversion to 1080p. Does that mean only from HDMI sources, or will it upconvert from composite too?

NE sez:
Spectacular 1080p High-Definition Video
With Anchor Bay video processing, the VSX-1022-K converts analog video sources to HDMI for one-wire high definition convenience. For lower resolution video, advanced video processing lets you upscale your picture to digital 1080p to best match the native resolution of your HDTV. With the VSX-1022-K's superior video processing, you know the picture will be stunning, regardless of the source.

Re: Does not have zone 2 output! If not for this missing feature I would have gotten one off of Amazon or Newegg at the same price a while ago. To get zone 2 output, the 1122 would be the one.

NE sez:
Versatile Speaker Configuration
With 7 channels of amplification, and 9 channels of speaker connection, the VSX-1022-K lets you decide the speaker set-up you want. Go with a conventional 7.1 surround sound system with surround back speakers, or try a front height experience. Or go with a 7.1 system in the living room and assign optional amplification to a set of B speakers in another room for dedicated music listening.

RetiredGuru

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RetiredGuru
brunoc17 wrote:Same price on Newegg

And with free shipping! So actually $5 cheaper, and you'll probably get in 3-5 days!

dermbrian1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dermbrian1

Will this work as a 'stereo', for those of us that like two good speakers instead of 7.1?

sixfofalcon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sixfofalcon

Good at this price. I NewEgged this at $279.99 with a free extended warranty. Very pleased with it!

The network functions are pretty clumsy, but as a low-priced AV receiver it's hard to beat.

RetiredGuru

quality posts: 2 Private Messages RetiredGuru
dermbrian1 wrote:Will this work as a 'stereo', for those of us that like two good speakers instead of 7.1?

Yes, but that is like getting a Corvette to only go to the grocery!

By the way, a phono pre-amp is about $17, and you are unlikely to find any receiver under $1000 with this feature, if any at all!

mollusc

dermbrian1 wrote:Will this work as a 'stereo', for those of us that like two good speakers instead of 7.1?

Any multi-channel receiver will work as a stereo. Just don't connect those extra speakers!

Receivers usually have settings to specify the number of output speakers so that multi-channel sources will be mixed into two-channel output.

Tristicus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tristicus

Don't know about this receiver, but you should be able to set this via your device, maybe on the stereo itself. One left channel, one right channel, and a sub if you want and you'd be set.

Also someone, correct if wrong, those inputs beside the main ones look like inputs for a second zone, so you could setup just two speakers (in a different room if wanted) for audio and the other set for surround?

WilfBrim

quality posts: 18 Private Messages WilfBrim

I've got this and I like it. Two annoyances:
1) This lacks an audio return channel (ARC), which most modern AVRs have.
2) It has a very slow HDMI handshake, and with my TiVo will interrupt the picture for about a second after I change channels. Very annoying.

dka510

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dka510

First woot ever!

Xchoppers

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Xchoppers
ashermaximum wrote:Same price as amazon, and only 3 stars there.
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-VSX-1022-K-7-Channel-Receiver-Network/dp/B007O5ATC8

Woot-offs have become a joke.
It's turned into "lets get suckers to buy all the crap we can't sell cuase it sucks."

I was planning on doing some holiday shopping - or at least gag gifts and little "extras" :o(

Even the kids woots have been found cheaper elsewhere

dermbrian1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dermbrian1
RetiredGuru wrote:
By the way, a phono pre-amp is about $17, and you are unlikely to find any receiver under $1000 with this feature, if any at all!

Now I'm sad. I'm having similar difficulty trying to find a preamp that has tone controls....something that was a basic stereo component 30 years ago...to put in front of my T-amp.

Dragyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dragyn

In for one. I've been looking for a low cost option to replace a cheap Yamaha receiver that is lacking in HDMI. 6 inputs and 1 out is good for me. Plus I'm looking at a 3D projector. Savings on this receiver will allow me to put more toward a projector. Good feature set for the money IMO. After I saw this on woot a couple weeks ago I did my research knowing it would probably pop up in a Wootoff with the holiday's coming. There are better receivers out there but you'll be in the $400-$600 price range real quick.

jundaj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jundaj

Since these are gone the newegg option is great, thanks! BTW I think $20 is worth an extended warranty I blew through three receivers in the early HDMI days the power source would short out.