oconnelltj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oconnelltj

Customer service is staffed by wishbones. I have written to WOOT for a over a week to obtain simple information and the staff is clueless and unhelpful.

bthale

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bthale

I too can't get any answers from them. Usually I have no problems but an item I purchased 8 days ago still has not shipped. I really needed it before Thanksgiving and this was ordered Nov 12. It should havee at least shipped. I live in the DFW area where they are located, too.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

1. i've forwarded both of these issues along to Support. our customer service does take some time. as we explain in our FAQ, it's a different experience. please be patient & rest assured we'll always do our best to make things right.

2. sometimes items are shipped by our vendors (located across the nation). i don't know what specific item(s) either of you are writing about, so i'm not sure why it took eight days to ship, bthale. we can do some digging if necessary. in the meantime, i do apologize for the delay.

3. oconnelltj, consider that ppl are more inclined to go "above and beyond" when you don't use words like "idiots" & "clueless."

again, apologies to you both that your woot experience hasn't gone well. Support folks will be in touch soon.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

justinables

quality posts: 2 Private Messages justinables
oconnelltj wrote:Customer service is staffed by wishbones. I have written to WOOT for a over a week to obtain simple information and the staff is clueless and unhelpful.

CS Wishbone here (still says wishbones in the reply though)

I have sent you an email so we can fix this quickly.

I understand youre upset and hopefully we can change that quickly.

*edit oh "wishbones" i see what it did there. clever forum.

justinables

quality posts: 2 Private Messages justinables
bthale wrote:I too can't get any answers from them. Usually I have no problems but an item I purchased 8 days ago still has not shipped. I really needed it before Thanksgiving and this was ordered Nov 12. It should havee at least shipped. I live in the DFW area where they are located, too.

bthale,

I thinkkkkk i replied to you just a while ago. The issue is that our vendor partner has shipped the item and we dont have tracking updated yet. Please keep checking as we should be getting it updated soon.

dmsmit2011

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmsmit2011

I messaged customer service this morning. I made a purchase of some Thanksgiving t-shirts. I received an email on Nov. 13th saying that they were being shipped. However they were not stamped as received by USPS until Nov. 20th. Not only did my timely order get really screwed up but what am I going to do with my Thanksgiving shirts? Come on Woot! don't sell if you can't deliver.

oconnelltj21229

quality posts: 0 Private Messages oconnelltj21229

After eight days, found someone in customer support who was able to resolve the issue very quickly.

RSadley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RSadley

I have also been trying since early November to get some resolution on a problem with one of my orders. Apparently the ticketing system is broken because after 3 separate support requests it finally issued a CRM number and I had to type out my laundry list of problems with the item I ordered. Support replies on Nov 19th and I reply back immediately only to get silence again. Since then I have sent numerous messages and tried opening additional tickets with no success. Can anyone take this seriously? I've got $125.00 tied up in a piece of garbage right now.

devonvp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages devonvp

Woot needs to get it's act together. I have never seen an Online company with such a large customer base, have such horrible customer service. I'm barely starting to work on my MBA, yet it has only taken me the week of knowing about Woot.com to know that they have no idea how to handle their customers.

Things Woot NEEDS to do if they want to survive.

1) INVEST IN A CALLING CENTER
Even if its a small one, over seas, that might have an average wait time of 20 minutes, It's better than nothing. Knowing that, if anything goes wrong, a customer can always call someone is crucial!

2) CUSTOMER GUARANTEES
Woot seems to be notorious, even in its own website forums, for its ability to dissatisfy their customers. you can easily redeem yourself in the eyes of current and new customers by making guarantees. anything from shipping periods, returnable if not 100% satisfied, to promising to bill ONLY once the product has been shipped. I see very little attempt on the website to make sure the customer will be confident buying from woot.

3) INFORM CUSTOMERS THE SHIPPING INFO
Before I bought my first product, I scoured the check out page to figure out the shipping info. didn't find anything. didn't now who was shipping it, and didn't know when it was suppose to get to me. all i knew was that it was $5. It may be somewhere in the FAQ page or Terms and Agreement but why would you make it difficult for your customers? I had to contact Customer Service for the info which is a waste of time and resources on their part. present the info easily to your customers. let them know that most, if not all, items are not shipped by woot but by the product company. An educated customer is a happy customer Business 101.

4) REFORM CS EMAIL CENTER
One of the biggest issues I've seen in the forums is the lack of quality in their CS Emails. everything from not getting any replies, taking the full 24 hours to reply, to not knowing the answer to the customers questions. you NEED to Properly Train your staff and create a well organized system to make sure questions are answered Quickly and Smoothly.

These are just a few ideas that are COMMON SENSE to most Businesses. It's beyond me how Woot.com could have not figured that out yet.