3%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Asus 10.1" Tablet & Keyboard Dock
$299.99 + $5 Standard Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

ronfronberg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ronfronberg

How does this compare to a chromebook?

anago

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anago

Not too bad of a deal considering it includes the dock/keyboard. I know it's refurb but brand new is 349 without the keyboard.

I have the original Transformer and I love that it is a tablet or laptop depending on what you need. Plus the keyboard has a battery too... extending the tablet's battery life.

I’m addicted to placebos. I could quit, but it wouldn’t matter. -- Steven Wright

morriea

quality posts: 19 Private Messages morriea

I had this tablet for quite awhile and LOVED it.

It is no longer an ICS (4.0) device as the specs indicate. The Over The Air Update from Asus for Jelly Bean (4.1) is already released and will download when you activate it.

Besides no flash for the camera and no IPS display this is virtually the same as the Prime minus the GPS and WiFi issues.

Crombie

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Crombie

I can think of nothing negative to say about a ASUS tablet. You just can't go wrong. I bought a TF701 in September after waiting for two months (backorder). It is by far the nicest tech device I own and I just love it. I bought the dock but have never used it. Before I bought it I did a lot of research on tablets and decided it was worth waiting for. I don't think this is the same model but ASUS has a history of being the best tablet and I have friends with Ipads who drool over my ASUS. The HD makes Netflix look like you are in a theatre.

ferralll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ferralll

I got one of these from groupon. Same price (i think mine might have been 32 GB, but it was also a T101)

I love the thing. Very cool. But I am still waiting to get Jelly Bean (They are slow to upgrade the T101)

I have also had problems trying to root it. For some reason there are instructions on how to do it in windows, but no instructions for us linux users.

Other than that... My only problem is that the attachable keyboard always resets to the QWERTY. I personally use a Dvorak keyboard. So I find this kinda annoying (actually it makes the keyboard nothing but a battery pack for me... Thus I need to root it to change this "feature")

All in all. Good tablet, good buy.

TheStarsFan

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheStarsFan

I have the previous version of the ASUS Transformer, and I can't say how much I love the tablet/keyboard combination. My son likes it better than his iPad. It freaks people out when it looks like I rip the "monitor" off my laptop. Great to be able to fold it in half and run, instead of having to find a case for my tablet. Considering the tablet alone runs $349, I would be all over this if I didn't already have the earlier one that's still running like a charm.

berrybuzz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages berrybuzz

Looks relatively comparable to the current TF700 model but with less storage space and a much better price.

Anyone know if one can change out an EMMC on this tablet?

MaliciousCodez

quality posts: 1 Private Messages MaliciousCodez

I just ordered the TF101 for $30 cheaper from Groupon. I'm returning Groupon's and buying this TF300 from Woot! for just a little extra. Thanks Woot!

morriea

OK. I had a choice to order ONE or ONE or ONE.....

I guess that limits my spending on this device for gifts. *sigh*

snowire

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snowire

It looks like you can put 4.1 on this guy, since there's a firmware update on the downloads section of their site (searched by model #TF300T listed on woot) http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ASUS+Transformer+Pad+TF300T&p=28&s=1

ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Firmware: V10.4.2.17 Only for JP SKU (Android 4.1)
Steps of Update:

1. Check SW version of your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T*
2. Download ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Firmware: V10.4.2.17 Only for JP SKU and Update version of SOP (From “Manual” Item)

※Firmware update cannot do *SKU conversion* and downgrade version.
Wrong SKU may cause update failure, You can only update your SW version on the Same SKU
*How to check SW version of your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T?
Path: [Settings]-->[About tablet]-->Build number
Example: You should be able to see the build number CN_epad-9.X.X.X_2012xxxx, where “CN” means SKU.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

morriea wrote:OK. I had a choice to order ONE or ONE or ONE.....

I guess that limits my spending on this device for gifts. *sigh*

Looks like you'll be sharing with other wooters instead of family and friends.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

cedaroo

quality posts: 12 Private Messages cedaroo

This looks really promising, at least for those of us who actually type on our tablets. Can anyone who has one please tell us, with the factory roms:

1) With 4.1 is the 16GB drive sub-partitioned or all one usable space?

2) With 4.1 does the *internal* (not-dock) microSD show up as /mnt/sdcard (or /mnt/sdcard2 ala Toshiba Thrive)? Is the drive one usable partition or sub-partitioned?

3) Is Jelly Bean 4.2 promised, or at least deemed likely?

A quick search shows that Asus has posted that they're working on 4.2, but does anyone know if 4.2 is confirmed for the TF300T?

Sorry for more questions than answers, but thanks in advance for any answers! The keyboard + multi-user support (and not just 'kid mode') would make this a great buy for my kids (to actually do some classwork on).

Thanks!

Edit: removed card reader question due to microSD AND SD card (on dock).

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 569 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Comments on the Woot-Off

There's a thread started in World of Woot to share you thoughts and disgust on the woot-off.

This is a new product for us so I'd like the thread to focus on questions and comments on this Asus Transformer.

Thanks!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

harder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages harder

This would be a good deal if it was running Windows 8 instead of being yet another crappy Android tablet.

Hmmm... I wonder if one could install Windows 8 on it.

sheetpants

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheetpants

This is a great deal. I've been running the original transformer and keyboard combo since it's release and still have no issues. Asus has been great with updates, and the hardware is top notch. Considering this tablet itself runs for about $300-350 by itself, this deal is great. This should also be able to be converted to windows 8 or a chromebook with the right steps, this was an instant buy for me.

outer78

quality posts: 13 Private Messages outer78
cedaroo wrote:This looks really promising, at least for those of us who actually type on our tablets. Can anyone who has one please tell us:

1) Have you had any issues using a card reader in the usb slot? I'd like to use a card reader in the usb slot to backup my camera's photos to the internal micro-sd.

I think I can try to answer this one.(the rest I could answer tomorrow if no one else does)

First of all you will need to buy a separate adapter that will plug into the bottom of the tablet. This will give the tablet a USB port.

Through this adapter I was able to connect a memory card hub where I then transferred pics from a memory stic pro duo(sony memory card). I transferred these pics onto the device.

After on the device, I unplugged the HUB and then inserted a USB flash drive into the USB adapter. I then moved the pics I put onto the tablet, onto the USB flash drive.

I believe you were asking if you could just copy to a micro SD card. The answer to that would be yes you can do that. It would basically fall along the same lines except instead of copying from the memory card to tablet, you would just copy to the micro card.

Here is the device I bought that attaches to the table.

Here is the device I bought that attaches to the table.

Edit - it seems you edited your post but I would recommend that you still get the USB attachment instead of the Card reader attachment. It has a bit more versatility than the other.

morriea

snowire wrote:It looks like you can put 4.1 on this guy, since there's a firmware update on the downloads section of their site (searched by model #TF300T listed on woot) http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ASUS+Transformer+Pad+TF300T&p=28&s=1

ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Firmware: V10.4.2.17 Only for JP SKU (Android 4.1)
Steps of Update:

1. Check SW version of your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T*
2. Download ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T Firmware: V10.4.2.17 Only for JP SKU and Update version of SOP (From “Manual” Item)

※Firmware update cannot do *SKU conversion* and downgrade version.
Wrong SKU may cause update failure, You can only update your SW version on the Same SKU
*How to check SW version of your ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T?
Path: [Settings]-->[About tablet]-->Build number
Example: You should be able to see the build number CN_epad-9.X.X.X_2012xxxx, where “CN” means SKU.

It is OTA. Just click UPDATE in the ABOUT section of the SETTINGS from the device. The only ones that I have seen have a problem were previously rooted ones.

cedaroo

outer78 wrote:Edit - it seems you edited your post but I would recommend that you still get the USB attachment instead of the Card reader attachment. It has a bit more versatility than the other.

Thank you! Being able to backup photos while traveling (SD card to micro-SD) was my only 'card reader' concern. Does the usb port on the dock not provide the same functionality?

Thank you for your help! If you have time please do let me know about partitioning and/or if the *internal* drive (ideally with and without the dock) shows up as /mnt/sdcard (and not /mnt/sdcard2) - both of which are issues with the stock Toshiba Thrive rom.

Thank you!

iamjakex

quality posts: 11 Private Messages iamjakex

Awesome deal! I have the TF101, which I got onsale from Amazon before, and was thinking of getting a dock, but it would cost me 60-120 for it. Glad I held out, this is a Jellybean update and I get to still sell the TF101 locally for $300 ;)

Good deal woot!

Shinespark

quality posts: 32 Private Messages Shinespark
harder wrote:This would be a good deal if it was running Windows 8 instead of being yet another crappy Android tablet.

Hmmm... I wonder if one could install Windows 8 on it.

No, Windows 8 cannot run on ARM machines, and all RT licenses are preloaded on RT tablets.

Also, am I just blind? I'm not seeing any pricing for the SquareTrade.

heathalweaon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages heathalweaon

I love this tablet. I paid 300+120 for the keyboard for a new one about a month back. The biggest issue I have found is with Polaris office. YOU CAN'T DO ANY SORT OF DATA MODELING or halfway difficult formulas with the xls editor. Just keep this in mind if you are buying the tablet for business purposes.

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

There seems to be some conflicting comments about the possibility of loading Windows 8 on this device.

rangerlg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rangerlg
cedaroo wrote:This looks really promising, at least for those of us who actually type on our tablets. Can anyone who has one please tell us, with the factory roms:

1) With 4.1 is the 16GB drive sub-partitioned or all one usable space?

2) With 4.1 does the *internal* (not-dock) microSD show up as /mnt/sdcard (or /mnt/sdcard2 ala Toshiba Thrive)? Is the drive one usable partition or sub-partitioned?

The answer to question 1 is that it is sub-partitioned. The OS rests on the internal memory. I think usable space was around 10 GB or maybe a little more.

For question 2, I just checked my TF300 and the microSD is found at Removable/MicroSD in Root Explorer.

beachbumdeac

quality posts: 2 Private Messages beachbumdeac

Has anyone who owns this tablet tried to root it? Any thoughts on it?

Shinespark

mdnorman wrote:There seems to be some conflicting comments about the possibility of loading Windows 8 on this device.

Windows 8 *will not* run on this. There are only binaries for the x86 architecture, and emulation is right out. RT could somehow work if you illegally cloned a license and got third party drivers for all of the system components.

leronis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages leronis

Any thoughts on this being a refurb? What might I expect - open box, returned as a lemon, or used and potentially abused? Given that there's the Groupon deal for a new one - albeit minus the keyboard dock - can I be comfortable getting this one instead?

AutobahnSHO

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AutobahnSHO

Wish I could buy this- but I just can't because my TF101 Tablet and dock are still running GREAT. Bought as soon as released in the US, I didn't get mine until May 2011. Traveled to Afghanistan and back a few times..

Now it gets used everyday for Netflix around the house or games for kids, I take it on long planerides because NOTHING else has the battery power the Tranformer plus dock has.

Typing email is a breeze with the keyboard, like the kindle app (off the keyboard turned portrait mode), checkout Amazon the free "app of the day" everyday.

External harddrives or USB mice work great, also you can connect Wii or other bluetooth remotes for some of those emulators for old Nintendo games or whatever..

I could keep going all night. But work tomorrow. Sigh..

triad35

quality posts: 0 Private Messages triad35
mdnorman wrote:There seems to be some conflicting comments about the possibility of loading Windows 8 on this device.

No conflict about it, you cannot as far as I know and thank god for that. Last thing I want is my android equipment subjected to that mess.

lament

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lament
morriea wrote:Besides no flash for the camera and no IPS display this is virtually the same as the Prime minus the GPS and WiFi issues.

It does have an IPS display.

http://www.asus.com/Tablet/Transformer_Pad/ASUS_Transformer_Pad_TF300T/

"178° wide viewing angle IPS panel"

cedaroo

rangerlg wrote:The answer to question 1 is that it is sub-partitioned. The OS rests on the internal memory. I think usable space was around 10 GB or maybe a little more.

For question 2, I just checked my TF300 and the microSD is found at Removable/MicroSD in Root Explorer.

Thank you!

rangerlg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages rangerlg
beachbumdeac wrote:Has anyone who owns this tablet tried to root it? Any thoughts on it?

I rooted when I first got it with ICS. When I updated to JB, I lost root and there was no way to root it without unlocking the bootloader, which voids the warranty. Here is the link to XDA for the TF300T: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1578

beachbumdeac

quality posts: 2 Private Messages beachbumdeac
rangerlg wrote:I rooted when I first got it with ICS. When I updated to JB, I lost root and there was no way to root it without unlocking the bootloader, which voids the warranty. Here is the link to XDA for the TF300T: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1578

Thanks. Any word on there about a 4.2 update? It would be AMAZING to have multi-user support on there

schizomofo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schizomofo

Until I dropped it on concrete a month ago and brokenheartedly replaced it with the TF700, I *loved* this thing. Worth every penny.

What I don't see mentioned a lot, and I think is by far it's greatest utility, is the ability to purchase a quality remote desktop app and connect to a "real" computer for other work.

For example, you can get Splashtop (for Windows/MacOS), run the server off of your main machine, and pump out a DVD directly onto your tablet. It works very well from my experience. I've even played SWTOR on a Splashtop Client/Server setup (though, at least on older versions, Splashtop has issues with the mouse input, so YMMV).

Personally, by far my biggest time usage is running XRDP off of my Ubuntu box, running a normal RDP app on my tablet, and connecting to do programming work.

With the HDMI out, a bluetooth (or USB) mouse and keyboard, there's nothing stopping you from using it as a computer, either, as long as you have a monitor/TV in range.

Seriously, the Transformer series and its Win8 brethren are probably the future of most computing, and their flexibility is amazing. At $300 for the whole thing? Hells yeah.

Shinespark

rangerlg wrote:I rooted when I first got it with ICS. When I updated to JB, I lost root and there was no way to root it without unlocking the bootloader, which voids the warranty. Here is the link to XDA for the TF300T: http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1578

There are anecdotes of Asus servicing unlocked Transformers but obviously YMMV. You don't buy a refurb counting on warranty service anyway.

schizomofo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schizomofo
beachbumdeac wrote:Thanks. Any word on there about a 4.2 update? It would be AMAZING to have multi-user support on there

Even without unlocking, you won't be waiting long. I haven't heard a report yet, but 4.1 support came within a month, month and a half of the original release, and I have little doubt they'll jump on 4.2 at least as quickly. ASUS stays on top of this stuff.

morriea

canned vegetablesnt wrote:It does have an IPS display.

http://www.asus.com/Tablet/Transformer_Pad/ASUS_Transformer_Pad_TF300T/

"178° wide viewing angle IPS panel"

The Prime has an IPS+ display while the TF300 has just an IPS display.

Hence the difference. Sorry for not being clearer.

davidmcbeth3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidmcbeth3
ronfronberg wrote:How does this compare to a chromebook?

I don't know but the cpu performance, from performance testing websites, is not impressive

bloodystinktube

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bloodystinktube

does anybody have any idea how often this deal will come up? i want to order it right now, but my gf wants me to wait... i'm assuming she wants to get me one for xmas, but this is an awesome price for a tablet i've heard nothing but good about. i don't want to miss out on it...

on a different note, does it actually have 12 cores in the graphic card? or are they virtual cores or something like that?