+ Add a Comment

schilma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages schilma
dravec wrote:Finally broke down and submitted a support ticket on my ASUS today also. They charged my credit card on the 22nd, so I've been financing Woot's back-order for about a week. I'm sure people will bark that this is expecting too much too soon-- I don't necessarily need my product in-hand right now, but c'mon in a week you can at least provide a tracking number or a status update on how long the back-order is, right?

Lots of people have said that they ask for 5 business days to process. Where do you get that info? Why isn't that either on the FAQ at www.woot.com/faq or displayed on the standard shipping options when you purchase? If I had known that at the time of order I'd have considered shipping 2-day.

If I get a satisfactory reply from support today, I'd like to buy these knives-- and probably have them ship 2-day.

I'm having the same issue, it's been a week and my order is STILL processing. Not only that, but I don't even want it anymore, since this mysterious package showed up at my house yesterday with an Asus Transformer Pad 300 in it. Can I cancel my order and get a refund?

optiguyzimo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages optiguyzimo
bretdwilliams wrote:I think the problem is that you are extracting the update file. Leave it as a .zip file and it should work fine.

I tried both ways, neither work

BTBAM

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BTBAM

My main issue is that I was charged tax which means (apparently) that it is shipping from California. I can get anything sent to me even on snail mail within 2 days from California.

Was everyone charged tax?

reffu42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages reffu42
BTBAM wrote:My main issue is that I was charged tax which means (apparently) that it is shipping from California. I can get anything sent to me even on snail mail within 2 days from California.

As far as I'm aware Amazon (and therefore Woot!) now charges tax to everyone as part of a compromise/agreement with various states.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

BTBAM wrote:My main issue is that I was charged tax which means (apparently) that it is shipping from California. I can get anything sent to me even on snail mail within 2 days from California.

I'm sorry to hear that you might have been charged inappropriately for your order, please feel free to email us at support@woot.com and Member Services will be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

teslaian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teslaian

Yes... and I'm IN California. I wonder why people in Vermont have already received theirs if they are shipping from California, but I haven't. =(

xjuniorx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xjuniorx
teslaian wrote:Yes... and I'm IN California. I wonder why people in Vermont have already received theirs if they are shipping from California, but I haven't. =(

I GOT MINE TODAY... Just so everyone is aware. I live in Chicago, IL.

The Tablet works flawlessly. I did, however notice that there is one dead pixel in the left top quarter of the screen.

It's not really a big deal as that is the only problem. If it begins to annoy me, I may open a case. Otherwise I'm happy.

By the way, my Order History still says "Processing" as well even though I received the tablet today.

sehkmet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sehkmet

I haven't been home yet to try it, but my husband told me I have a box from Woot and I haven't ordered anything since the tablet, so...

So for all of you who still say 'awaiting shipping details' in your status screen, take heart! It might be on its way to you now.

edit: I live in Buffalo, NY.

thunderstick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thunderstick

I haven't even gotten a shipping confirmation yet or tracking number.

Getting nervous and anxious at the same time. I have recieved other orders from woot that I ordered just the day before. CONFUSED

vdoubleuvr6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vdoubleuvr6

Received mine today...its that dark blue color. Wished there was an option for colors...would have preferred it in white.

For those who asked where it shipped from...Stamford, CT...being in CT explains why I received mine so soon.

So far so good...its currently charging on the counter. Under close inspection the screen looks OK...no dead pixels, unlike my first Viewsonic gTablet from woot earlier this year but Woot took care of the situation. It's clearly a refurb...there are very small marks around the edge of the screen where whom ever worked on replacing the screen/glass pried to pull the tablet apart but most marks you have to be very close to notice.

Either way I'm happy...as long as it works and lasts more than a year or two I'm content.

dwebww

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwebww

Received mine today. Powered it up and it looked good (until the update). I went through the setup and the OTA update downloaded right away. So far so good. Installed fine. Check. I started looking around and the update removed the play store. It WAS on the device BEFORE the update and now it is gone. The icon is still on the home screen, but it says 'app not installed'. Any ideas????

J3alz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages J3alz
dwebww wrote:Received mine today. Powered it up and it looked good (until the update). I went through the setup and the OTA update downloaded right away. So far so good. Installed fine. Check. I started looking around and the update removed the play store. It WAS on the device BEFORE the update and now it is gone. The icon is still on the home screen, but it says 'app not installed'. Any ideas????

I'd try a factory reset (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCLBuFjFjPI). If that doesn't work look for a way to push it via ADB. Or if you'd rather, you could root it, install ClockworkMod Recovery, then install GAPPS (available on many sites).

BTW I take no responsibility for any damage you do to your device.

jumpcut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumpcut

To those who have received their units:

Is there anything written in the reference field on the UPS address label? I tried inputting my order number in the reference field on the UPS website but no luck.

urhos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urhos
jumpcut wrote:To those who have received their units:

Is there anything written in the reference field on the UPS address label? I tried inputting my order number in the reference field on the UPS website but no luck.

I tried the same with UPS and FedEx, but had no luck.

bookmonkey786

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bookmonkey786

So what is the tax situation supposed to be? I lived in California and had to pay tax on this. Is a tax only supposed to be charged when shipping from California?

w00teregrine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages w00teregrine
schilma wrote:I'm having the same issue, it's been a week and my order is STILL processing. Not only that, but I don't even want it anymore, since this mysterious package showed up at my house yesterday with an Asus Transformer Pad 300 in it. Can I cancel my order and get a refund?

You are kidding, right??

I don't think anyone is seriously pissed... just anxious.

I want to know how Chicago and Buffalo got one... but Cleveland didn't? Come on man!!! :D :D

w00teregrine

J3alz wrote:I'd try a factory reset (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCLBuFjFjPI). If that doesn't work look for a way to push it via ADB. Or if you'd rather, you could root it, install ClockworkMod Recovery, then install GAPPS (available on many sites).

BTW I take no responsibility for any damage you do to your device.

No need to do all that. Just reboot it. Seriously.

w00teregrine

optiguyzimo wrote:I tried both ways, neither work

What's you exact version number. It's possible you need the prior update HO! HO! HO!

Check out Transformerforums.com.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 175 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

jumpcut wrote:To those who have received their units:

Sorry for the late reply, but you're more than welcome to email Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have with your order.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

sehkmet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sehkmet

Ohhhh I got my tablet all right. I sorta wish there was an owner's manual but I'm muddling my way through fast enough.

It's a-ma-zing. Updated to Jelly Bean without a fuss, it doesn't have a nick or a dead pixel or even a bit of fluff on it. Brilliant display, minimal stuttering and that's only because I had like 14 updates going while cruising Facebook on Chrome.

Worth the wait. Thanks, Woot!

leronis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages leronis
w00teregrine wrote:
There are some REALLY nice cases out there that support the system docked together.

Can you point me to some good ones? Thx...

Edited to add: Never mind, I read the rest of the thread. Now my only problem is that there were too many suggestions!!! ;-> How to decide???

BTW, rcd mine today (Central VA) and was happy with how *fast* I got it! I somehow got the idea that it was going to take a long time to ship, so yay for lowered expectations! :-D Now I really have to get a case - I'm almost afraid to touch it!

teaxleaf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages teaxleaf

I live in CA too, but my staus also shown as "Awaiting Shipping" for at least 5 days..... =..=

gholt121

quality posts: 3 Private Messages gholt121
rackbob wrote:Give this one a look.. Waiting for mine too arrive.... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00832SKWM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Nice! Ordered. Wonder if it'll arrive before the Tablet??

Proud Woot!er since 2005.

FredFairOaks

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FredFairOaks

Seems I am with the same shipping later crowd. Hopefully by the end of the week. Mean time I ordered the following case for those asking about cases. Poetic ASUS Transformer TF300 Leather Keyboard Portfolio Stand Case Cover for TF300 Black(Included 2 Micro SD Card Slots) (Speaker Hole is Opened)(3 Year Manufacturer Warranty From Poetic) by Poetic Available on Amazon and already shipped. Maybe Thursday I will receive the case. This could end up being perfectly timed after all. Good Luck and Holiday Greetings to all.

84rms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 84rms
bookmonkey786 wrote:So what is the tax situation supposed to be? I lived in California and had to pay tax on this. Is a tax only supposed to be charged when shipping from California?

I would like to know the tax situation also as I paid $24 taxes in California and have not received tracking or anything. If it ships from California I should get mine before Chicago as I live in California. Also, not happy that I have to file a request to get my tax money back. Not impressed with WOOT these days.

ravencajun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ravencajun

I am still waiting also for the transformer and dock ordered 11-21, shows awaiting shipping on my account page.
I sure hope I get mine soon!
By the way I am in Texas and was charged tax so apparently everyone gets taxed now.

Would be nice to actually get some communication from the powers that be to reassure.

Glad to hear from those receiving them that they are nice and in good condition. Please keep posting we are living vicariously through you!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

84rms wrote:I would like to know the tax situation also as I paid $24 taxes in California and have not received tracking or anything. If it ships from California I should get mine before Chicago as I live in California. Also, not happy that I have to file a request to get my tax money back. Not impressed with WOOT these days.

Effective September 15, 2012, Woot, Inc. was required to begin collecting sales tax on orders shipped to destinations in California.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

melissadrag

quality posts: 3 Private Messages melissadrag

Got mine today. Works like a peach and I'm absolutely loving it. I had no issues what so ever. It updated right away with no problem.

For those dithering on a case, highly recommend the Caseen Designo Perfecto. That is the one I will be getting. Very well thought out m even lets you charge it while the case is closed and has space for the dock ( if you want it) http://www.caseen.com/caseen-DESIGNO-PERFECTO-Black-Tan-Plaid-Genuine-Leather-Dock-Compatible-Hand-Strap-Stand-Case-for-ASUS-Transformer-Pad-300-TF300-TF300T-TF300LT-LTE_p_420.html

Sent from my brand new {refurbed} Asus TF300

darlenee1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages darlenee1

My unit was badly damamged. The power supply pins are all bent and there is a large burn (like 1-1.5 inc diameter) in a corner. I'm so disappointed. And woot says no replacement, just a refund.

Ran out of room for the wines, and can't think of a good quote for now

stimpy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stimpy
ravencajun wrote:I am still waiting also for the transformer and dock ordered 11-21, shows awaiting shipping on my account page.
I sure hope I get mine soon!
By the way I am in Texas and was charged tax so apparently everyone gets taxed now.

Would be nice to actually get some communication from the powers that be to reassure.

Glad to hear from those receiving them that they are nice and in good condition. Please keep posting we are living vicariously through you!!

Woot! was charging Texans sales tax years and years before Amazon was. Why? 'Cause Woot! is located in Carrollton, Texas, and in state sales must be charged sales tax!

By the way, Texans get a special coupon code to compensate. If the purchase totals $40 before shipping, we get $5 if you use the coupon code "TAXSUCKS" when ordering.

stevenmosley

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stevenmosley

Has one actually heard of when they will ship?

Zavelin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Zavelin
stevenmosley wrote:Has one actually heard of when they will ship?

If the forum posts are any indication, tablets are already being/have been shipped. A number of Wooters across the country have already received theirs.

mcarey81

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mcarey81
dwebww wrote:Received mine today. Powered it up and it looked good (until the update). I went through the setup and the OTA update downloaded right away. So far so good. Installed fine. Check. I started looking around and the update removed the play store. It WAS on the device BEFORE the update and now it is gone. The icon is still on the home screen, but it says 'app not installed'. Any ideas????

If you haven't already figured it out, try opening the Play Store from the app drawer (the icon that takes you to all the apps). I think the icons on the home screen are shortcuts. So it might be as easy as removing the Play Store icon from your home screen and opening it from the app drawer. Then you could put the Play Store from the app drawer on the home screen and be back to where you were.

Hope that helps!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Zavelin wrote:If the forum posts are any indication, tablets are already being/have been shipped. A number of Wooters across the country have already received theirs.

Correct, it looks like they have shipped and we're just waiting on the tracking file from the vendor so we can send out the tracking.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

w00teregrine

darlenee1 wrote:My unit was badly damamged. The power supply pins are all bent and there is a large burn (like 1-1.5 inc diameter) in a corner. I'm so disappointed. And woot says no replacement, just a refund.

I was under the impression that Asus was honoring the 90-day warranty? No?

bilski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bilski

Wow, this HHI case recommended earlier looks pretty nice...and it comes with a stylus when bought through Amazon! Anyone else gotten one of these? I'll probably hold off until I know for sure what color my tablet is.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007XL3YG6/

geoffgass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geoffgass

Based on other comments, I signed up for UPS My Choice. Got an email this morning that it's coming to me in Chicago tomorrow (Friday), tracking info says shipped from Stamford, CT yesterday. I ordered in the afternoon (~4pm Central). If they're shipping based on order time, then most should have shipped by now.

satch69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages satch69
geoffgass wrote:Based on other comments, I signed up for UPS My Choice. Got an email this morning that it's coming to me in Chicago tomorrow (Friday), tracking info says shipped from Stamford, CT yesterday. I ordered in the afternoon (~4pm Central). If they're shipping based on order time, then most should have shipped by now.

When you signed up, did you add any information besides your name, address, and email/phone? (i.e. no identifying information about the current order?)

Am I a man who has just been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or a sleeping butterfly, now dreaming that he is a man?

jumpcut

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jumpcut
ThunderThighs wrote:Correct, it looks like they have shipped and we're just waiting on the tracking file from the vendor so we can send out the tracking.

While I can appreciate that Woot outsourced their shipping to a third party, why can't a Woot staffer simply call the vendor to get the tracking file? They must have it since the items have apparently been shipped. I could understand if this was a $3 Bunch of Cheer but these are $300 items. Posting the shipping info would actually help Woot, since you wouldn't have so many claims for stolen packages that your customers didn't know were being delivered. Woot has already failed it's written policy of providing shipping info within 3-5 business days.

Okiiashi

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Okiiashi

Still awaiting Shipping information.
Luckily, a package containing the same items (dock & tablet) I purchased from Woot came in a few minutes ago.

Shipped ground from Woot.com Stamford, Ct. and another shipping sticker from the 28th at 11:17

Opening the boxes everything looks nice, I can see where on the tablet when it docks is slightly bent (said used) but not broken. It just downloaded the firmware update.. and its updating now.

Hopefully it'll be successful.