leronis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages leronis
w00teregrine wrote:I get the paranoia. But just stop. lol
DOCK YOUR TABLET. It is MADE for your tablet.
It is not "tight". It is snug, as it should be.

Hello, my name is Leronis, and I'm a recovering paranoiac. ;->

Yes, I'm worried about it, but listen - the hinge is so tight that it took a lot of force to even move it into a position to enable me to dock the tablet. So much force that I really wonder what all the warnings to not open and close your tab while docked by pushing on the screen are about -- because it's so hard to open and close that I can't imagine even *trying* to do so by pulling/pressing on the tablet.

So my question again is -- Is this normal, or is my dock flawed?

leronis

w00teregrine wrote:There's an app for that.
Search PIXEL TEST in the Google Market.

Thanks! I should have known - there's an app for *everything*! :-D

tyimez2112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tyimez2112

I am a bit tired of it all, though. Tired of "hovering".... I am out. I am not checking here anymore. The excitement is gone.
I will report back when I get mine.[/quote]

I agree with you! "hovering" is what I've been doing all week. On this site, email, creating a UPS account, every asus site I could find for reviews, tip, accessories etc. I am tired and I just want some kind of communication and/or information.

dravec

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dravec
w00teregrine wrote:Not to stick up for the shenanigans, but have you been following along?
As far as I can tell EVERY tab has shipped. They just aren't getting tracking numbers out in a timely fashion. or at all.
Of course I could certainly be wrong.
???
I am a bit tired of it all, though. Tired of "hovering".... I am out. I am not checking here anymore. The excitement is gone.
I will report back when I get mine.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. And yeah, I've been following along. The problem is that the story doesn't make sense-- if they've shipped, you can get tracking information. The tracking number generates as the waybill is printed, NOT as the shipment actually leaves the shipper's facility.

Woot says it's drop-shipping direct to customer from a vendor. Either the product has shipped and Woot is not taking action to get the shipping information from their vendor, OR the product has not shipped.

Either way, I forked over my U.S. cashbuxx nine days ago and all we can do is conjecture about what's going on. I will continue to fuss like a pampered first-world consumer baby and hopefully get an answer EVERYONE can use :D

bretdwilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bretdwilliams

Well UPS made their first stop of the day. No tablet yet.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bretdwilliams wrote:Well UPS made their first stop of the day. No tablet yet.

Y'all remind me of this Garfield strip

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 592 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

dravec wrote:Yeah, I understand what you mean. And yeah, I've been following along. The problem is that the story doesn't make sense-- if they've shipped, you can get tracking information. The tracking number generates as the waybill is printed, NOT as the shipment actually leaves the shipper's facility.

Woot says it's drop-shipping direct to customer from a vendor. Either the product has shipped and Woot is not taking action to get the shipping information from their vendor, OR the product has not shipped.

Either way, I forked over my U.S. cashbuxx nine days ago and all we can do is conjecture about what's going on. I will continue to fuss like a pampered first-world consumer baby and hopefully get an answer EVERYONE can use :D

When the item is shipped by drop ship or FBA (and I'm not sure which this is), we have to wait for the tracking file to be sent to us. We upload that into our system which populates "Stuff You Bought" and send out the email later that day. It's possible for the item to be shipped while your status still says "Awaiting Shipping".

We're working on streamlining this but we're not there yet.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dravec

ThunderThighs wrote:Y'all remind me of this Garfield strip

I'm glad our $300.00 pieces of toast are amusing to you. Rather than laughing at our anxiety why not call the vendor and get them to e-mail you the tracking numbers?

bretdwilliams

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bretdwilliams

So if they all have shipped then we should have all received shipping info at around the same time, correct? Some people started receiving tracking info two days ago and yet no one can pull up information about my order? Is it possible they haven't all shipped yet? This is a bit ridiculous for a $300 item. Heck, I ordered a phone battery from Amazon 3 days ago for $2.50 with free shipping and I received shipping info the next day, and the battery is scheduled for delivery today.

wwmisc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wwmisc
jleuta wrote:Has anyone in california recevied any shipment info yet? I hope i get a heads up before delivery is made. I probably will have to take the day off to insure my package doesnt get stolen.

Received email Thursday morning, Woot status updated, tracking info provided (Bay Area, CA)

leronis

About the jellybean update - I tried 'settings', 'about', 'system firmware update', 'check update', but it says there are no updates for my system. It's currently running 4.0.3. Help!

sweaver32

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sweaver32
beachbumdeac wrote:People need to quit whining. If it hasn't shipped by Thursday or Friday, then you can start complaining.

Can I whine now? I've ordered many woots and it's never taken this long. I'm afraid they are going to say sorry we ran out. Then I'll be doubly mad because I didn't buy the best buy one, new for about $80 more. Still says "awaiting shipping"

kavolidm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kavolidm

Kinda miffed with the quality control: I received my TF300T two days ago, and while setting it up, I have discovered a dead touch space the size of a thumbnail in the lower left side. I thought these were refurbished..not just repackaged damaged goods. Poor, poor..

w00teregrine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages w00teregrine

Yea OK I checked one more time.
Still. No. Tracking. Info.
Ridiculous.
Really thought it would be here today. 3:07. Unlikely at this point. UPS almost always here by now.
-sigh- Maybe Monday.
No offense Woot. I know it's not entirely your fault. But at this point... I can't see shopping here again....

eareed36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eareed36

Got mine today. Charging right now. Everything looks/works as promised. No issues. Dock works well. Las Vegas, NV

Localgod11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Localgod11

:-( No tablet for me today, I really need to know when its going to be here as its a present for the wife and I need to make arrangements to get home before her when its delivered.

dravec

sweaver32 wrote:Can I whine now? I've ordered many woots and it's never taken this long. I'm afraid they are going to say sorry we ran out. Then I'll be doubly mad because I didn't buy the best buy one, new for about $80 more. Still says "awaiting shipping"

Yeah. If other people have tracking numbers and product in hand, but the rest of us are "Awaiting Shipping," sounds like they sold more than they can ship. Of course, Woot won't tell us one way or the other.

I was trying to put on a happy face last night, but it's becoming exceptionally obvious that we've been scammed. If we go into the weekend without a substantive update, that's it for me and Woot forever.

nnuchap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nnuchap
ThunderThighs wrote:When the item is shipped by drop ship or FBA (and I'm not sure which this is), we have to wait for the tracking file to be sent to us. We upload that into our system which populates "Stuff You Bought" and send out the email later that day. It's possible for the item to be shipped while your status still says "Awaiting Shipping".

We're working on streamlining this but we're not there yet.

So, what you're saying is that you're willing to take our money but not the responsibility of delivering the product. Straight answers please. Did you or did you not oversell this item?

geoffgass

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geoffgass

Received in Chicago. Still Awaiting Shipping on woot.com.

A lot of you need to chill out. You bought this for a great price on a deal-a-day site, you didn't pay full price from amazon.

sweaver32

beachbumdeac wrote:It seems to me that if you only dock the tablet when you need the keyboard, and you don't keep it docked when you store/travel with it, you won't have any problems with the screen cracking.

That would be pretty disappointing, hope it's not really that bad. Who would buy this with the expectation that you could not store/travel with it in laptop mode?

dravec

geoffgass wrote:Received in Chicago. Still Awaiting Shipping on woot.com.

A lot of you need to chill out. You bought this for a great price on a deal-a-day site, you didn't pay full price from amazon.

Oh, spare me. They had no trouble accepting our money. A full 7 business days is NOT impatient. We're not irritated that the product isn't here, we're frustrated that they cannot give any information as to when it will ship or if it has shipped.

Corporations have advertisers, marketing professionals, customer service people, and legal departments. Consumers have each other. When we're poorly served all we can do is band together and try to get a resolution.

w00teregrine

dravec wrote: A full 7 business days is NOT impatient.

Agree.

We're not irritated that the product isn't here, we're frustrated that they cannot give any information as to when it will ship or if it has shipped.

And agree. I don't care if it takes a MONTH to get it. We should certainly have tracking info by now.
I mean come on... I was willing to spend my money. First time ever on Woot. Holiday season. You'd think with the deluge of new customers that they would do everything to make sure it would be a pleasant experience.

I sincerely doubt they oversold. I am actually still optimistic that every one that was sold has been shipped. But to have no info at this late stage?? While many have been delivered and tracking info sent to those people?
As I said earlier: sketchy.
Woot should seriously consider NOT doing business with this reseller company again.

w00teregrine

geoffgass wrote:

PS. This from the guy who got his...
Would you still be as patient if you hadn't got it and still heard nothing?

satch69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages satch69
geoffgass wrote:Received in Chicago. Still Awaiting Shipping on woot.com.

Ahem, don't forget that woot is owned by Amazon, and has $110,000,000 in cash from them. This is not a mom-n-pop deal a day site any more.

Am I a man who has just been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or a sleeping butterfly, now dreaming that he is a man?

dravec

satch69 wrote:Ahem, don't forget that woot is owned by Amazon, and has $110,000,000 in cash from them. This is not a mom-n-pop deal a day site any more.

Exactly. Given that connection, I tried calling Amazon's customer service to see if they could help out. No dice. I did let Amazon know how poorly this reflects on their brand (as if that matters!) and they were quite cordial.

TimInCT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TimInCT

My Asus arrived into Connecticut today. My ship status never changed, but I did get a response to my email. So, have faith, it's in the way.

sweaver32

leronis wrote:Hello, my name is Leronis, and I'm a recovering paranoiac. ;->

Yes, I'm worried about it, but listen - the hinge is so tight that it took a lot of force to even move it into a position to enable me to dock the tablet. So much force that I really wonder what all the warnings to not open and close your tab while docked by pushing on the screen are about -- because it's so hard to open and close that I can't imagine even *trying* to do so by pulling/pressing on the tablet.

So my question again is -- Is this normal, or is my dock flawed?

I recall reading, maybe on the transformer forum, that it's made to attach/detach in only one position. So if the hinge is not in the right spot maybe it's harder to dock, try moving the hinge a bit then dock.

dravec

TimInCT wrote:My Asus arrived into Connecticut today. My ship status never changed, but I did get a response to my email. So, have faith, it's in the way.

I'd love to sit tight and have faith, but I have the delivery scheduled to my business address-- I obviously will not be there if it delivers tomorrow. If it was going to deliver tomorrow I could make arrangements, but of course there's not been any information at all. Now we're 60 minutes from the weekend and absolutely nothing from Woot-- no answer to my CS e-mail, nothing in the thread.

If I'd bought a television or a laptop or something and had $1,000+ charged to my credit card without an expected ship date, I'd absolutely be disputing the charge with my bank right now. $300 is negligible-- I won't starve, but I could be doing some Christmas shopping. Now I have a case for a machine I don't own, and a hole in my heart where Woot used to reside.

tyimez2112

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tyimez2112
w00teregrine wrote:And agree. I don't care if it takes a MONTH to get it. We should certainly have tracking info by now.
I mean come on... I was willing to spend my money. First time ever on Woot. Holiday season. You'd think with the deluge of new customers that they would do everything to make sure it would be a pleasant experience.

Agree 100%

As I said earlier: sketchy.
Woot should seriously consider NOT doing business with this reseller company again.

Also Agree 100%

I mean come on, I got the credit card bill in the mail today and WOOT still has no clue as to where the merchandise is???
it has reached annoying and is quickly getting to unaceptable

satch69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages satch69

THERE IS A PACKAGE WAITING! but I'm still at work :-o

Am I a man who has just been dreaming that he was a butterfly, or a sleeping butterfly, now dreaming that he is a man?

bigjoe87865

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigjoe87865

I still have no tracking information or anything. The only email I received was the day I placed my order on the 21th.

and tomorrow is a Saturday, a non business day... So even if I send an email it probably wont be answered till Monday.

Hope something arrives tomorrow magically.

It would really suck if I have to wait through 2 weekends before it even ships

dont let me down guys , woot user since 08

jleuta

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jleuta

For those who have received it already do you have to sign for it? Or do they just leave it at your door step? Without any tracking information I would hate to wait for something that I will never get. I don’t live in the best part of town an if they just leave it at my doorstep then it looks like I would have wasted $334.63.

markmmw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markmmw

I have not revived mine yet either and I am located in Maryland. I have not received any shipping notification and my account still says awaiting shipping. As a first time woot user this is pretty ridiculous. There is no excuse for not giving us a shipping confirmation and tracking number after this long.

geoffgass

w00teregrine wrote:PS. This from the guy who got his...
Would you still be as patient if you hadn't got it and still heard nothing?

Yes, because I understand that I bought it from woot, got a great deal and it won't come super quick. Add to it that it's been blatantly obvious from the comments these were drop-shipped and woot just hasn't received the tracking info yet (or quite possibly, got it in a crap format they're having trouble loading).

geoffgass

dravec wrote:I'd love to sit tight and have faith, but I have the delivery scheduled to my business address-- I obviously will not be there if it delivers tomorrow.

bigjoe87865 wrote:Hope something arrives tomorrow magically.

Mine (and everyone else I've seen in the thread) came UPS Ground, which does not deliver on Saturday. UPS only does air deliveries on Saturday. So, first guy, don't worry about something showing up at your biz tomorrow, second guy, sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

rodea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rodea
jleuta wrote:For those who have received it already do you have to sign for it? Or do they just leave it at your door step? Without any tracking information I would hate to wait for something that I will never get. I don’t live in the best part of town an if they just leave it at my doorstep then it looks like I would have wasted $334.63.

Mine required a signature.

However! The power button on the unit doesn't work. I got it power on after 5 hours of charging, now I have to use the power cord to wake it up. I am trying to contact Asus and get it repaired/replaced

thedeadguy25

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thedeadguy25

Got this email after complaining to customer service in a polite manner:

Your order has shipped and we are in the process of obtaining tracking now. Since we had these drop shipped from our vendor partner, the tracking is not readily available until they send it to us. Please know that this is not the norm for us, and we're working with our vendors to avoid this problem in the future.

Again, we apologize for the delay and thank you for your continued patience.

----------------------------------

I live in the CA Bay Area. I'm expecting I won't see my tablet until Tuesday at the earliest. Shipping is ALWAYS delayed around here... Sigh. buddy in Illinois got his though, to my relief.

urhos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urhos

My thoughts on ordering this tablet after the tracking information issues and news of faulty screens/buttons...

dravec

thedeadguy25 wrote:Got this email after complaining to customer service in a polite manner:

Your order has shipped and we are in the process of obtaining tracking now. Since we had these drop shipped from our vendor partner, the tracking is not readily available until they send it to us. Please know that this is not the norm for us, and we're working with our vendors to avoid this problem in the future.

I got the same reply. But here's the deal; blaming your vendor is chump level BS. WOOT is the final connection between the customer and their product. It is WOOT's failure in not taking an aggressive stance and getting the tracking info from their vendor.

5:00 CST has come and gone and Woot has taken no action to resolve this issue. Totally unacceptable.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

dravec wrote:I got the same reply. But here's the deal; blaming your vendor is chump level BS. WOOT is the final connection between the customer and their product. It is WOOT's failure in not taking an aggressive stance and getting the tracking info from their vendor.

5:00 CST has come and gone and Woot has taken no action to resolve this issue. Totally unacceptable.

please see your private messages regarding your posts in other threads.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.